Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

@booha , thanks for your posts , i really miss him  and waiting for new pictures.

Yeah  We all miss him.  But soon or later we will see him in the army uniform right?? ( with a few extra pounds on his cheeks hehe)  

Edited by booha
  • Like 1

EDIT  oops  I misread about Hyukie visiting the dc site.  It was about the monthly attendance call.   I should have known that Hyukie couldn’t have a pass till 100 days after his basic training and 10PM is way passed bed time in the army.  sorry  huhuhu

It has 2 parts. 

호떠기 (one of DC memers’ nicknames) <= from 호떡(hotteok)

Hotteok
Street food
Hotteok is a variety of filled Korean pancake, and is a popular street food of Korea. It is usually eaten during the winter season. Wikipedia

Efoo8St.jpg

곰신(gomsin)==> As a fashionable saying on the Internet, it refers to rubber shoes(고무신) in abbreviation. It also refers to the women waiting  for a boyfriend and loved one who went into the military; Even if a boyfriend is in the military, one doesn’t wear one’s rubber shoes on backward ( perhaps meaning no to cheating)

곰(gom): bear      빠수니(ppsuni): woman with a playful(?) character

(part 1 ) (This one was post 5/26.)

소정(Sojeong)  Before my enlistment I want to leave evidence(/proof ??) to hotteok-gi-deul (호떠기들)

EYd9MuE.jpg

(( ! Why do you want to do such a thing. ))

bOLqKo2.jpg

I will tell “Hotteok-gi-deul-a  1 year and 9 months will pass quickly so don’t put on gomsin(곰신) backwards and wait for me.”  

If I leave words for hotteok-gi-deul, they will like it  huhuhuhu

yQ2cRu2.jpg

Can you handle hotteok-gideul     Can you be responsible for them   

Hf4Gids.jpg

The way I look  it at shows that you don’t even understand what hotteok-gideul  are saying  

lW6vHGp.jpg

Nay, it’s Korean.  How can I not understand it  

87lKSo3.jpg

What do you think it’s the meaning of “Oppa! When you come out for vacation, what will you do?” 

zlVgmZW.jpg

Of course it means they are curious about what am I doing during vacation, right?  

Hotteok-gideul are always wondering where and what I am doing during my vacation  huhuhuhuhu    

1yrYbq6.jpg

Sometimes it can be painful being popular huhuhuhu  

((Wake up)) 

CmwbLKg.jpg

It means that “Every time you come out for vacation  Certainly!  Surely! Absolutely!  You will have to stop in  JJEOM-gallery(쩜갤: CHJ DC) and you will have to leave evidence/proof (쩜=> 점: dot )  Do you understand?  you  gom-ting-a!” (이 곰팅아) 

evtw3sC.jpg

What do you mean for every vacation ..     I too want to play and have fun during my vacation ..   

And I’m not a bear(곰 bear).  I’m a fox   

N3OZPcw.jpg

Then what do you think of this “Oppa please exercise hard in the army”? 

Zwk1pUB.jpg

It means they worry about my health so they ask me to exercise diligently to keep up my health 

8IeaXQV.jpg

It means; We are waiting for you next 1 year and 9 months

bOmbmkQ.jpg

Exercise harder and make chocolate abs 

snmQvXL.jpg

Right after you get discharged,  you should shoot showing your stripped upper torso  Do you understand,  you gom-ting-a! (이 곰팅아)    

QNYEdkP.jpg

Is it true?    I am really shy about shooting  the undressed(skin)- photo   You know it too   

And do you know why I’m called  a bear?  

(( How should I know))    

SnxwpKG.jpg

Now, then this is the last.      If you miss again, you have to give up about leaving evidence/proof.   

pn8u2nQ.jpg

Oppa  I’m going abroad to study;  Do you know what it means? 

KIvqPNP.jpg

I think it means that one is lonely and lifeless and has a difficult time without me during the next 21 months so much that one goes abroad and  comes back after studying  hard?  q0fIEzr.jpg

How about it.  This time I hit the target, did I not?  

Now I don’t have to hear a bear-name?  huhu

Kc1FJ8V.jpg

Hotteok-gideul are so much like me that whatever the task is,  they do it with their utmost effort.  

Now Can I go and leave evidence/proof?

qpw3yae.jpg

((Are you really a thousand year old fox?  ))   

It means, “It would be so boring without oppa,  so for a short period of time I might check out young, handsome and cool(!) Idols who will flutter my heart.”  

h8v6mVJ.jpg

HUUK …  

studying abroad also has other meaning like that ..    

arKnF6P.jpg

But still they are saying they would be back after a party time.  I’m sure they will be aback when I come back after my discharge.

KE3jqQk.jpg

Please wake up.    Once  빠수니(ppsuni) leaves the house she doesn’t return.   You had such an experience. You ought to know it by now. 

Z58QkDP.jpg

cr to DC

Edited by booha
  • Like 3

@booha , thanks for your posts , i really miss him  and waiting for new pictures.

Yeah  We all miss him.  But soon or later we will see him in the army uniform right?? ( with a few extra pounds on his cheeks hehe)  

Hi booha, I really want to see him wearing that military uniform. Pictures of him inside the camp is so scarce at the moment.....I hope he is doing fine inside the military camp. I miss him, too, dear. :lol:

• Like 3

@booha  Hyuki girls   I saw this picture in IG.   Is it a recent picture???

Helo,

I think so. They are Friday

​Oh thanks dear   Yes I learned about it yesterday.  I thought it was Saturday but thank you for the info and for conformation  :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hyuki girls  I read he was out Friday (**) so the picture was taken that day.    Someone asked whether he was on vacation or just outing for the day.  Because of MER,   no vacation has been allowed for the soldiers currently.  So they were guessing he came out for the day. This is the same fan who reposted the picture of CJH’s first vacation right after his basic training.  I read perhaps  CJH’s friend(yohnpark) took down this picture  because it was hit with so many hearts(???)   Everybody wondered why CJH’s friend removed the picture.   However I assume this fan got the permission to repost because she thanked him on the posting.  As I mentioned before this picture was also posted in the CJH official fan site(daum).  Yet strangely  the dc site  posted  and then removed it.   I have no idea how these things work.  I am always confused about which photo is okay to post and which one is not.  I guess  each site has its own policy/regulation about such things.     I checked out  where the second picture came from (heellee).  It seems  she is a business woman (running a cloths shop ???).   She posted the picture and then she took it down later.    I checked her IG but it wasn’t there.  When CJH’s first photo(yohnpark)  appeared  someone speculated about the store.   It could be the same store  and she might be their friends or she might have a business dealing with them/or him.    I found more IG sites for kactors.  It is good to know that  there are some  CJH fans  who are actively promoting him through these sites.   Especially in k-IG sites,  these fans have been posting  a  lot of photos ( everyday??)   I’m posting two links   Sometimes they are converted into the private account.  If one doesn’t follow, just wait and try later till they will be opened.

https://instagram.com/blingbling_choijinhyuk/

OR  https://instagram.com/p/2xTICTxAvg/       and

some more links:

#koreaactor    https://instagram.com/explore/tags/koreaactor/

#koreadrama   https://instagram.com/explore/tags/koreadrama/
#チェジニョク    https://instagram.com/explore/tags/チェジニョク/  

#감사합니다    https://instagram.com/explore/tags/감사합니다/

@willenette     Me too  It would be nice to see him in uniform but I guess we have to be patient.  At least he dropped a few pictures of himself here and there.  His latest picture indicated he was given a day pass to come out.  It means he is doing okay in the military.  His face still looked skinny but  it looked better than before.   You know well that soon his problem will be how to slim down his figure.  I read everybody gains weight from now on till discharge.  It looks like whenever people visit the base they bring a ton of food.  CJH loves eating.  keke 

@meili29      Thank you for sharing your heart  :w00t:^_^:wub:

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

@booha  Hyuki girls   I saw this picture in IG.   Is it a recent picture???

Helo,

I think so. They are Friday

Hyuki girls  I read he was out Friday (**) so the picture was taken that day.    Someone asked whether he was on vacation or just outing for the day.  Because of MER,   no vacation has been allowed for the soldiers currently.  So they were guessing he came out for the day. This is the same fan who reposted the picture of CJH’s first vacation right after his basic training.  I read perhaps  CJH’s friend(yohnpark) took down this picture  because it was hit with so many hearts(???)   Everybody wondered why CJH’s friend removed the picture.   However I assume this fan got the permission to repost because she thanked him on the posting.  As I mentioned before this picture was also posted in the CJH official fan site(daum).  Yet strangely  the dc site  posted  and then removed it.   I have no idea how these things work.  I am always confused about which photo is okay to post and which one is not.  I guess  each site has its own policy/regulation about such things.     I checked out  where the second picture came from (heellee).  It seems  she is a business woman (running a cloths shop ???).   She posted the picture and then she took it down later.    I checked her IG but it wasn’t there.  When CJH’s first photo(yohnpark)  appeared  someone speculated about the store.   It could be the same store  and she might be their friends or she might have a business dealing with them/or him.    I found more IG sites for kactors.  It is good to know that  there are some  CJH fans  who are actively promoting him through these sites.   Especially in k-IG sites,  these fans have been posting  a  lot of photos ( everyday??)   I’m posting two links   Sometimes they are converted into the private account.  If one doesn’t follow, just wait and try later till they will be opened.

Hidden Content

@willenette     Me too  It would be nice to see him in uniform but I guess we have to be patient.  At least he dropped a few pictures of himself here and there.  His latest picture indicated he was given a day pass to come out.  It means he is doing okay in the military.  His face still looked skinny but  it looked better than before.   You know well that soon his problem will be how to slim down his figure.  I read everybody gains weight from now on till discharge.  It looks like whenever people visit the base they bring a ton of food.  CJH loves eating.  keke 

​Hi booha, oh, thanks for the info that he was given a day pass to come out. For me, there's really nothing wrong with his body built before he was enlisted................his bod is sexy & HOT, at least in my eyes. So, for me, there's really nothing to lose so far. But, what I'm sure is he's going to be hunkier as days passed by inside the camp - this is because of the military training from time to time & the exercise drill for all of them every morning.....There, he has nothing to do just like when he's outside the world except resting during break time, eating chocolate pie & watching TV during nighttime. LOL - :P

• Like 3

Guest chaybags55

@booha thanks for the IG links, yes you can  get hot and fresh updates from IG. In fact those two IG accounts  you cited above  are my IG friends too hehe.. Kisses  to all hyukie ladies!!

This video clip for CJH is from tvN show ‘Publishing the List’  which was aired 6/8.  It shows mostly his various singing clips but still I will translate it hopefully tomorrow.  There are a few news articles  about it and I translated one.  CJH appears in one scene to say hello to the viewers.  He has long hair so it must be recorded before his enlistment.   I feel a kind of sorry for these k-actors who have to go through these long two years in confinement while his fans clamor for more attention  from him  every hour. 

<iframe title='명.단.공.개(영상)' width='640px' height='360px' src='http://videofarm.daum.net/controller/video/viewer/Video.html?vid=v9b86qjjBqqBbb8B98kibok&play_loc=undefined&alert=true' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' ></iframe>

9eBSBF4.jpg

v9mBfHZ.jpg

A fan got so excited (perhaps desperately )  that she took pictures while it was airing.

C9zpJUq.jpg

0fqCqFD.jpg

UStumeJ.jpg

EMPO3OE.jpg

OStcpbT.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 2

(translation)

‘Publishing the List   2015’  CJH,  revealing his surprising singing ability which even made it to ‘music chart #1’  

CJH  was revealed as an inverted actor with a husky voice with an outstanding singing ability. 

Broadcasted 6/8,  tvN ‘Publishing the List 2015’ introduced the singer like inverted actors  who are as if  they are like singers but not singers.  

In the show, CJH attracted attention as he was introduced as one who has a powerful singing ability. 

Not only did CJH participate in the Heirs  OST but also he sang  ER OST and  many other songs.  In particular he got the best response  from GFB OST – Best Wishes and it  made into #1 in the music charts.  

The ranking program ‘Publishing the List  2015’ which is about introducing  everything about a star in the interesting ranking formation, is broadcast every Monday 8/40PM.

HGBv8N4.jpg

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=595788&_REFERER=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.daum.net%2Fsearch%3Fw%3Dnews%26nil_search%3Dbtn%26DA%3DNTB%26enc%3Dutf8%26cluster%3Dy%26cluster_page%3D1%26q%3D%EC%B5%9C%EC%A7%84%ED%98%81

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

(translation)

‘Publishing the List   2015’  CJH,  revealing his surprising singing ability which even made it to ‘music chart #1’  

CJH  was revealed as an inverted actor with a husky voice with an outstanding singing ability. 

Broadcasted 6/8,  tvN ‘Publishing the List 2015’ introduced the singer like inverted actors  who are as if  they are like singers but not singers.  

In the show, CJH attracted attention as he was introduced as one who has a powerful singing ability. 

Not only did CJH participate in the Heirs  OST but also he sang  ER OST and  many other songs.  In particular he got the best response  from GFB OST – Best Wishes and it  made into #1 in the music charts.  

The ranking program ‘Publishing the List  2015’ which is about introducing  everything about a star in the interesting ranking formation, is broadcast every Monday 8/40PM.

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=595788&_REFERER=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.daum.net%2Fsearch%3Fw%3Dnews%26nil_search%3Dbtn%26DA%3DNTB%26enc%3Dutf8%26cluster%3Dy%26cluster_page%3D1%26q%3D%EC%B5%9C%EC%A7%84%ED%98%81

​Hi booha, thanks for sharing this great news. You know, it's only when I watched "The Heirs" that I discover that this man knows how to sing - & he sings very well. In that drama OST he showed off his great singing ability & I was surprised. He has this sweet voice perfect to any song. :P

• Like 4

EDIT  I found YT video from https://www.facebook.com/choijinhyuk.hkfangroup

Huki girls   Surprisingly this show narrated well about CJH and his struggle to overcome the inferior complex with his own voice.  I am aware that he hasn’t had the singer’s well greased technical parts  but  his emotional tone in singing is very uniquely his own which gives out powerful waves.  However I didn’t know how much he had to work on it to achieve that emotional tone in singing.   

20150608 tvN 명단공개 EP66 No.8 Choi Jin Hyuk

source:   Choi Jin Hyuk HK Fan Group

(translation)

(001) [ #8?]  This time, it is about an inverted actor who is 186cm tall height & handsome looking  (009) and who has a firm body line with packed muscles.    (012) [2013/9 broadcast appearance] “I think his voice on a phone is the best among all of those men whom I heard on the phone throughout my life.”   (016) I would like to hear a musical tone from that voice once. 

(019)  The hot actor with a baritone voice which melts away women’ heart.   (025)  How is his singing ability?   (Let’s listen to his song first)   (029) ((그대를 난 너무 사랑하기에 내가떠나는거죠  Because I love you so much, I’m leaving you))  ((그토록 그댈 아프게 했던 나   I, who gave you so much pain / who hurt you so much  ))   (047)  husky tone &  standout singing ability   (051) Who is  the one on #8, shining with the perfect high pitched tones?    (054)  ‘명단공개’ viewers, I’m glad to see you.  I’m CJH.   

(058)  [He is like a singer but he isn’t a singer. He is an inverted actor who can sing.]    (100) [#8  CJH]  (104) I will return successfully in good health.   [source from CJH official fan café ‘The Real’]  (108) [(2 months ago)  (I) had a haircut. (I) will return successfully.  ] [ 2015 Mar  He enlisted proudly.]  (112) Currently CJH is carrying on his military duty.  (116) [10 years as an actor since his debut]  Since his debut 10 years ago people might remember him only as an actor.  (120) But besides working as an actor …  (123) CJH also showed his standout singing ability from time to time. 

(128)((나를 돌아보지마  뒤도 돌아보지마  울고있는 날  ))   (138) [ 2013  Heirs O.S.T. ‘Don’t Look Back’ ] CJH sang OST.  

(145) My name is Oh Chang Min and I’m the groom’s friend and I’m here to sing for the wedding.  (149) ((가르쳐 주세요 배우고 싶어요 ))    (200) [tvN EC O.S.T. ‘Scent of a Flower’ ]  Another surprising fact is that last year the popular tvN drama’s OST was also sang by CJH.

(210)  JiHo ‘He sings really well right?’   JinHyuk ‘I know it!’    (215) [Among the songs he sang …   (216) [which song caused the most explosive reaction? ]     (220) ((내 눈물아 슬픈추억아 보고싶은 그런 내사랑아 ))    (235)[ 2013 GFB O.S.T. ‘Best Wishes to You’ ]   (243)[CJH ‘Best Wishes to You’ music charts live #1 ]  [ ‘GFB OST’  CJH’s ‘Best Wishes to You’ , music charts sweep ]   

(250)CJH; When OST was suggested at the beginning, I felt uneasy.   (254) (After listening to the song) the song should evoke a sad feeling   (255) But I worried a lot  in case I might fail to deliver it…  (258) Fortunately a lot of people liked the song. I felt very thankful.  (303) [#8 CJH  music charts top!   When did the actor CJH start to sing well? ]    

(309) [ Echo sounding vocal voice, CJH, his first dream was to be a singer?! ]   HyeonGyeong; Was your first dream  to become an actor?   (311) JinHyuk; To tell you the truth, I  wanted to learn music so I came to Seoul …   (316) During high school celebration in his senior year, CJH had a chance to sing in front of a big audience for the first time   (323) He experienced excitement and was moved by it.    (328) Dreaming??    (332) He said from then on he dreamt of becoming a singer and plunged into singing practice!   (338) (voice) [2014/7/31  ‘CECI’]  ‘In truth ..  I had a complex about my voice.  It’s like having a big echo chamber so people pointed out that sometimes my talk sounded rumbling.’  (345)‘So every day I locked myself in the recording place and sang alone.  I could say that my case was like spurting out one’s blood for reaching the top.’ 

(354)  After night and day he practiced for the vocal training,  the result was!  (400)  He found his own unique vocal tone.

(406)  Kya~  You are impressed by me?   (410) After a painful struggle he turned his vocal complex into his strength!   (413) Now CJH became an actor  and he, who had an echo sounding vocal voice, rose to the group of the best OST singers.  

v2nw0gq.jpg

86QUieN.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

@booha thanks for the IG links, yes you can  get hot and fresh updates from IG. In fact those two IG accounts  you cited above  are my IG friends too hehe.. Kisses  to all hyukie ladies!!

Hello   Yes I know you are twinkling around among other twinkles.  haha   Some Koreans said it’s a universe of twinkling stars because in Korean, they call IG (instagram)  as 인별 ((** in google 인 별 inn star))   So I noticed someone was using the metaphor of a shining star/ twinkling star/bling star  something like that expression.   I am happy to see you out there with your English among Korean/Chinese/ etc.   Don’t worry as soon as Hyuki comes back with a rom-com drama later there will be a lot more of English talking twinkles. (cross our fingers and pray )   Even if you might wander off to somewhere, I know you will come to see Hyuki when he appears with rom-com.    So have fun chingu   

2wNU0IB.jpg  2wNU0IB.jpg

• Like 1

Guest chaybags55

Yeah you are right @booha dear, wherever I go, for sure I will always come back here in hyukie thread coz soompi  Hyukie friends are my treasured and cherished friends❤️❤️❤️and btw lucky me there are IG korean friends who can write English well

Edited by chaybags55

booha, oh, thanks for the info that he was given a day pass to come out. For me, there's really nothing wrong with his body built before he was enlisted................his bod is sexy & HOT, at least in my eyes. So, for me, there's really nothing to lose so far. But, what I'm sure is he's going to be hunkier as days passed by inside the camp - this is because of the military training from time to time & the exercise drill for all of them every morning.....There, he has nothing to do just like when he's outside the world except resting during break time, eating chocolate pie & watching TV during nighttime. LOL - :P

​@willenette  Hiya!  I tend to agree with you willenette.  I think he's got a wonderful physique & a fantastically sexy & hot body!! :w00t: I read that he had always enjoyed working out but due to his heavy schedule in filming in the last 2 years, he admitted having less/no time to do his workouts...."Not in top form," he said...  Hence, he'd been a little shy to show more skin in the final days before his enlistment... is that correct?

And definitely....SURELY... he's gonna emerge hunkier after military training!!  Woohoo!! :wub:

Edited by meili29
  • Like 1

@willenette   So Hyuki will turn into hunkier Hyuki!!  That added description would put many Hyuki fans over the moon with happiness.  Thanks! You are a true soompi fangirl!    hehe    It’s good to know about some of the military routine.   I’m glad to hear you like his singing.  Although his singing isn’t a professional level, it can stir up one’s emotions.   Sometimes it’s better listening in Korean  because it shows such tugging opposite emotions; He( his head) says ‘don’t look back’  yet his voice (his heart) shouts out ‘please turn around  and look back’.  

@celes80    Hello  chingu  I  would like to flag you down here because I saw the Japanese  article  about CJH and Vampire in Love in the HK fan group site.  I wonder if you can tell  whether the article  has something new/ anything interesting OR…    I hoped DC would pick it up and translate into Korean but so far it hasn’t happened.      (from google)  This movie will be showing 6/18 at  Shanghai International Film Festival. 

• Like 1

I found this YT video ( by CJH Baidu Official Fan club & posted Mar 30 2015). 

I don’t know it was posted before but …   so lovely :wub::wub:     thanks

20150331 給崔振赫, ChoiJinHyuk, 최진혁. チェ ジニョク 入伍的祝福

cr to uploader

EFpMUSE.jpg

yFKZ8ZR.jpg

NOMT7JP.jpg

6uAnxl2.jpg

Edited by booha
  • Like 2

Guest Huggybear

Hello all... miss you and missing our Hyuki too. I go thru his pics... the IG posts of fans and my own pics as well but not much dwelling. At some point i want to busy myself with other things but not totally forgetting him. I don't want to miss him too much it just gives me sadness but am grateful there a latest pictures posted by his friends in IG. :) I wish we all recover speedily in the missing him thing... Hello Booha dear. Miss you my friend. May was such a busy month for me... Hope all is well:):wub:;)

Edited by Huggybear
i wanted to add photos but unable to do so