Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

*** "Justice" is a very good drama. CJH is awesome here.  :P

“Justice” Comes Out On Top In Wednesday-Thursday Drama Ratings

01f6aeedab3b42ea9b4afebb26d7baac.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Justice” is enjoying a rise in ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 28 episode of “Justice” recorded average viewership ratings of 6 percent and 6.4 percent nationwide, an improvement from the 5.3 percent and 6.2 percent ratings it received last week.

You can check out the latest episode of “Justice” here…

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Love 2

ratings EP27 & 28: 5.7% & 6.2%

Spoiler

TK’s manager, Nam Won-Ki  :blush:  :thumbsup:

((my 2cents about Justice  :sweatingbullets::)))
I really like this week’s eps. I noticed a bit of empathy/compassion injected here and there throughout the drama but the dark mood overpowered it.  Then in yesterday’s episode a warm ray of compassion  began to appear and it grew more today. 

TK’s manager, Nam Won-Ki told Song why he rejected Song’s offer: “I’m a human being after all. You know? I am.  A human being ought to love another human being .”((viki trans))
I feel that the writer tries to show us the nature and consequences of good and evil.    Good is about having the feeling of empathy/compassion.   Fortune and power can’t purchase one’s ability to feel empathy/compassion.    Without a conscience, one’s soul is a dry desert where a soul can’t survive.

Song amassed power and fortune but in the process his life became an empty vessel.      Once he mentioned how much he wished to have a drink but he didn’t want to drink alone.    He is missing TK’s company.  In today’s episode Dae Jin was sad seeing school kids playing around and thought about Tae Joo.    Song understands why Dae Jin misses Tae Joo.

I mentioned Choi Hyun Woo’s melancholic expression.  In this drama all of the characters who are acting bad carry such an expression of emptiness and loss, and even in the company of people each seems to be trapped by an invisible barrier.    TK used to have the same sad and bitter expression but as he changes and works with other people, he seems lighthearted and smiles more.    

@flutterby06  

Helloooo  nice to see you  :blush:   So you are trying to watch Justice  Good  Well it isn’t a perfect crime drama and it could use some improvement here and there.  But it has its own uniqueness.  I like the dynamic of our four characters.  
Btw are you watching any other drama currently?    At the moment besides Justice I am also watching welcome2life(Rain).  

winning CJH autographed script

Justice event: signed poster

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, booha said:

@flutterby06  

Helloooo  nice to see you  :blush:   So you are trying to watch Justice  Good  Well it isn’t a perfect crime drama and it could use some improvement here and there.  But it has its own uniqueness.  I like the dynamic of our four characters.  
Btw are you watching any other drama currently?    At the moment besides Justice I am also watching welcome2life(Rain). 

Hello..It's good to be here too..I was avoiding Justice and CJH thread so as not to get spoiler. I was watching 'Mother of Mine' the family drama before Justice..But dropped it in the middle..May be I'll pick it up later. Somehow I don't feel like watching any of the ongoing dramas. Are you enjoying Welcome2life? I like the look of Lim Ji Yeon(lead girl) there. I saw a clip of it. Are they Police-Attorney couple?

Currently I'm looking forward to VIP (I'm sceptical about the story but it has two of my favorite actors-Jang Nara and Lee Sang Yoon) and Vagabond.

You're right. I must say Justice is not the most perfect crime/legal drama. But it's not that bad either. What's important is that the major characters build up is good in this drama. Previously I remember watching a crime/legal drama, which lacked in character build up and I was so disappointed. Justice is quite good in this regard actually. I hope it ends well with all the loose end tied.

It's good to see the many netizen are praising Choi Jin Hyuk's acting. :) He already got a new offer from OCN. Did he confirm it yet?

• Love 2

*** Finally..............I was able to watch "The Last Empress" continuously this time since I failed to do so during its airing then.....

This drama was full of scheming, murder, cover ups, revenge, seduction, amazing body transformations, and lots more. For me, this was a fantastic role for Jang Na Ra. She was just fantastic here! This was a good role for Choi Jin Hyuk as well. His character doesn’t stand out as much as Sunny or the Emperor, but he delivers a powerful performance. I was quite surprised by the early transformation of Wang Shik who was originally played by Tae Hang Ho, though. There are a lot of other interesting characters that range from villains to good guys. There are also a lot of interesting relationships at play in this drama. There’s also sort of a love triangle (sort of but not really, hehe) that develops in the second half of the drama with Lee Hyuk, Sunny, and Wang Shik. Admittedly, there were times where Lee Hyuk was quite cute in his petty jealousy and attempts to win over Sunny. The pacing of the drama is swift with one new development after another. Oh, here - don’t trust anyone in the palace. Practically everyone has an agenda, including some you wouldn’t suspect. I loved getting to experience the mixture of a historical and modern drama in “The Last Empress.” Prior filming this drama, it seemed that I had a lot of confusion as to who the main male lead was. I thought all along that Choi Jin Hyuk was the main lead and love interest. This was never the case. Choi Jin Hyuk still has a lead role though and is an important part of the story. We all know that the show was also extended by 4 episodes, (please correct me here if I’m wrong- 2 or 4???) and that altered how events went down. I know a lot of CJH’s fans including me were pretty upset over how it went because he had to leave the drama due to prior commitments. Sigh.....This drama is fun, though  - leaving me completely entertained. For those who like this kind of genre, I wholeheartedly recommend it! :P

• Like 1

Yoon Hyun Min sent coffee truck to Choi Jin Hyuk.. he he..Bromance of Tunnle Brothers. :D

On 9/3/2019 at 10:10 AM, willenette said:

Prior filming this drama, it seemed that I had a lot of confusion as to who the main male lead was. I thought all along that Choi Jin Hyuk was the main lead and love interest. This was never the case. Choi Jin Hyuk still has a lead role though and is an important part of the story. We all know that the show was also extended by 4 episodes, (please correct me here if I’m wrong- 2 or 4???) and that altered how events went down.

Spoiler

From many happenings between Oh Sunny and Chun Woo Bin, it was clear that they're supposed to be in love. But Writer-Director just flipped the story when Lee Hyuk gained popularity among netizen. When they thought of pairing Oh Sunny-Lee Hyuk at the middle, they should have done it better. They should have made Lee Hyuk feel remorse for all those wrong doings but they just showed his twisted love for Oh Sunny. They tried to make it look like Lee Hyuk is a victim, which he is not.

As much as I enjoyed and was full on board with The Last Empress, I'll forever be bitter about how the victims of the story never really got a satisfying ending. But I'll also forever complement the TLE team/cast for their amazing performance that we all enjoyed. Everyone performed  spectacularly. :thumbsup:

P.S. : I'll also be bitter about How they weakened Oh Sunny's Character strength at the end. In my opinion she was done being fangirl for Lee Hyuk after the betrayal and the dirty face of LH and palace as a whole. She was supposed to be the one who will bring down the palace and make sure those power abusers are punished. but it looked like mother and son (Lee Hyuk and high Empress) fought each other in bitterness. And Oh Sunny was there just to announce the ending of monarchy to citizen!

And Where was the Oh Sunny who vowed this?

View image on Twitter

At the end she disappeared. The character, Oh Sunny deserved better.

At the end Writer and PD be like.. 

46nGRT3.png&key=d044333b856136acf1da047b

leFlO5t.png&key=c7578646c154a3b9b4cf37f6

May be I shouldn't be this much invested in this bitterness..But somehow I'm. :(

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 26-Sep. 1, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, Aug. 28      
Justice 25 KBS 6.0%
Justice 26 KBS 6.4%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 25 MBC 3.8%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 26 MBC 5.9%
Doctor Detective 13 SBS 3.1%
Class of Lies 13 OCN 3.5%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 9 tvN 2.0%
Thursday, Aug. 29      
Justice 27 KBS 5.7%
Justice 28 KBS 6.2%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 27 MBC 4.4%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 28 MBC 6.9%
Doctor Detective 14 SBS 2.8%
Class of Lies 14 OCN 3.5%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 10 tvN 1.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-26-sep-1-2019/

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 | Current Drama: 'Justice' (KBS W/Th)

@flutterby06

Yeah I’m thinking about VIP too but no firm commitment yet.   Btw actually  I got sucked into c-drama(historical) and spent many weeks like a walking zombie. hehe   Binge watching c-dramas (50 – 70 eps per a drama) really made me test my sanity. :sweatingbullets:   Especially it was hard because a historical c-drama has very long dialogues and I have to pause long to read subs.      Luckily I finished watching most popular ones just before Justice started and thankfully none of the new dramas is interesting enough to attract me yet.  I now have my normal life. haha  Still I couldn’t believe how good those historical c-dramas are.   
Very appreciated for your passionate defense for CJH’s  Wang Shik   You are so good.    CJH and Nara showed us such heartwarming sweet scenes with WS and Sunny.  :kiss_wink:

There is no news about CJH with OCN Rugal yet.   It’s hard for me to imagine CJH playing the character with bionic eyes.   haha

Rugal webtoon characters

Spoiler

• Like 1

ratings EP29&30: 5.8% & 7%

Yes Yes Justice regained No.1 spot.  Praying it will stay on No.1 tomorrow too. 

2ocgWAm.gif

**Lots of cat and mouse games today
I feel today’s true winner is Cha Nam-Sik (SYA’s superiors) who got promoted after a skillful maneuver against her boss,  Joo Man-Yong.  haha   I wonder whether she is really good or just a skillful ambitious bureaucrat??  
Song showed the deepening corrupted state of his mind: Crush one’s conscience and guilty feeling because they would make one weaker.  Song said before “Humans choose between good and evil… based on need, not conscience.”  So he has a different outlook about humanity.  
Sadly Dae Jin didn’t act like a good person.    Can’t blame him too much since he’s still young and inexperienced.
It doesn’t appear that Tak will be redeemed in any way at the end.  Maybe he will go down as a true psycho.  He tries to use mental illness as his defense.
I guess it’s time for TK to reveal what he did 7 years ago.
Everybody around Song asked why Song couldn’t kill TK.  Yeah I want to know that too. 

exXUzYA.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=011&aid=0003614313

“Justice,” “Mr. Temporary,” And “Graceful Family” Set New Personal Bests In Viewership Ratings

TV/Film  Sep 4, 2019  by C. Hong
w7mbHjk.jpg

Three Wednesday night dramas have set a new personal best in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 4 broadcast of “Justice” scored ratings of 5.8 (Episode 29) and 7.0 percent (Episode 30). This is the second consecutive week in which the drama has set a new personal best, topping last week‘s 6.4 percent. The ratings were also good enough to put the drama at the top of its time slot among other Wednesday night shows.

read more: https://www.soompi.com/article/1350321wpp/justice-mr-temporary-graceful-family-personal-best-viewer-ratings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booha said:

ratings EP29&30: 5.8% & 7%

Yes Yes Justice regained No.1 spot.  Praying it will stay on No.1 tomorrow too. 

2ocgWAm.gif

**Lots of cat and mouse games today
I feel today’s true winner is Cha Nam-Sik (SYA’s superiors) who got promoted after a skillful maneuver against her boss,  Joo Man-Yong.  haha   I wonder whether she is really good or just a skillful ambitious bureaucrat??  
Song showed the deepening corrupted state of his mind: Crush one’s conscience and guilty feeling because they would make one weaker.  Song said before “Humans choose between good and evil… based on need, not conscience.”  So he has a different outlook about humanity.  
Sadly Dae Jin didn’t act like a good person.    Can’t blame him too much since he’s still young and inexperienced.
It doesn’t appear that Tak will be redeemed in any way at the end.  Maybe he will go down as a true psycho.  He tries to use mental illness as his defense.
I guess it’s time for TK to reveal what he did 7 years ago.
Everybody around Song asked why Song couldn’t kill TK.  Yeah I want to know that too. 

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=011&aid=0003614313

“Justice,” “Mr. Temporary,” And “Graceful Family” Set New Personal Bests In Viewership Ratings

TV/Film  Sep 4, 2019  by C. Hong

Three Wednesday night dramas have set a new personal best in viewership ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the September 4 broadcast of “Justice” scored ratings of 5.8 (Episode 29) and 7.0 percent (Episode 30). This is the second consecutive week in which the drama has set a new personal best, topping last week‘s 6.4 percent. The ratings were also good enough to put the drama at the top of its time slot among other Wednesday night shows.

read more: https://www.soompi.com/article/1350321wpp/justice-mr-temporary-graceful-family-personal-best-viewer-ratings

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy that his drama comes in first & set a record. It increased from the previous episodes. :D

• Like 2

Very moving end, sad but beautiful.   I know I expected a sweet happy ending but I forgot Justice is kdrama-film noir.   Though PD left out some unexplained details, I’m satisfied.  :)

Film noir: 

Spoiler

Film noir:  a style or genre of cinematographic film marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, and menace. The term was originally applied (by a group of French critics) to American thriller or detective films made in the period 1944–54 and to the work of directors such as Orson Welles, Fritz Lang, and Billy Wilder.

Wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir
… The 1940s and 1950s are generally regarded as the "classic period" of American film noir. Film noir of this era is associated with a low-key, black-and-white visual style that has roots in German Expressionist cinematography. Many of the prototypical stories and much of the attitude of classic noir derive from the hardboiled school of crime fiction that emerged in the United States during the Great Depression. …

fr16K3H.jpg

Two silhouetted figures in The Big Combo (1955). The film's cinematographer was John Alton, the creator of many of film noir's stylized images.

ratings EP31&32: 3.4%, 6.3% :kiss_wink:

sAWJYsu.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000166780

**more from the wrap party:

Who’s  that silly guy tormenting JHssi  :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

from K-J kissme fan group

from CJH DC

• Love 1

5 hours ago, booha said:

Very moving end, sad but beautiful.   I know I expected a sweet happy ending but I forgot Justice is kdrama-film noir.   Though PD left out some unexplained details, I’m satisfied.  :)

Film noir: 

Reveal hidden contents

Film noir:  a style or genre of cinematographic film marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, and menace. The term was originally applied (by a group of French critics) to American thriller or detective films made in the period 1944–54 and to the work of directors such as Orson Welles, Fritz Lang, and Billy Wilder.

Wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir
… The 1940s and 1950s are generally regarded as the "classic period" of American film noir. Film noir of this era is associated with a low-key, black-and-white visual style that has roots in German Expressionist cinematography. Many of the prototypical stories and much of the attitude of classic noir derive from the hardboiled school of crime fiction that emerged in the United States during the Great Depression. …

fr16K3H.jpg

Two silhouetted figures in The Big Combo (1955). The film's cinematographer was John Alton, the creator of many of film noir's stylized images.

ratings EP31&32: 3.4%, 6.3% :kiss_wink:

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000166780

**more from the wrap party:

Who’s  that silly guy tormenting JHssi  :sweat_smile:

Reveal hidden contents

from K-J kissme fan group

from CJH DC

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. CJH had many precious lines in the drama. I love his character as Tae Kyung. He really did a great job. Choi Jin Hyuk gives his best for any material he's given, anyway. I'm happy to see his continuous growth as an actor. It's a good drama. I'm glad that we could get to see him in another drama soon. No rest & idle moment for him, huh? :P

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 3:16 AM, willenette said:

*** I'm happy that "Justice" ended with favorable reviews. It succeeded in winning back the throne. :P

haha  I don’t know why but I like the word ‘throne’. :P  Yes  immensely happy Justice made a good exit.  

**Now JHssi finished his last project. Hope he will have a good rest before he has to work on a new project.

CJH thanking his fans for gifs

photocake from CJH official fan club

Spoiler

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 2-8, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday-Thursday shows Justice and Doctor Detective ended with 7 percent and 3.9 percent respectively — on two big networks. As always, cable shows took the lead.

Wednesday, Sep. 4      
Justice 29 KBS 6.0%
Justice 30 KBS 6.4%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 29 MBC 3.7%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 30 MBC 5.5%
Doctor Detective 15 SBS 3.4%
Class of Lies 15 OCN 4.3%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 11 tvN 1.8%
Thursday, Sep. 5      
Justice 31 KBS 3.4%
Justice 32 KBS 7.0%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 31 MBC 4.0%
Rookie Historian Gu Hae-ryung 32 MBC 5.4%
Doctor Detective 16 SBS 3.9%
Class of Lies 16 OCN 4.8%
When the Devil Calls Your Name 12 tvN 1.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-2-8-2019/