[movie 2003] Please Teach Me English 영어완전정복

Guest tsukushi_makino

Guest tsukushi_makino
Lee Na Young, Jang Hyuk
Who watched this movie??? It's soo good. Isnt it. I love it maaaaaaaaan. Let's make a new thread and talk about it. 5106.jpg5151.jpg0509143kr.jpgPlease Teach Me English [2003] Starring: Lee Na-Young, Jang Hyuk, Angela Kelly Directed By: Kim Sung-soo "Please Teach Me English" is a quirky and exaggeratedly offbeat romantic comedy that revolves around a rather low-ranking public offficial Young-Ju (Lee Na Young), forced to take English classes due to her being unable to assist a English-speaking (whom I pressume to be American) individual who comes to her for help regarding an outrageous utility bill. Young-Ju, our very odd herione, takes up English at a language institute, where she ends up falling for a very humorously self-abosrbed namja by the name of Moon Su (Jang Hyuk), who's there in order to communicate with his little sister that was adopted into an American family at birth. I watched this film once it came out on video which was a little over a year or so, and it wasn't what I quite expected. I don't think I've ever seen Lee Na-Young (or Jang Hyuk for that matter) play such ridiculous characters. There are some laughs within this film, but it's so boisterious, it looses focus from it's rather thin plot and just goes all over the place in some areas. However, with such a good cast it is hard not to like the film, due to the fact they do play convincing characters (even if they are a little too over the top most of the time). If some of the raucous elements of this film were taken out (that I didn't find to be all that funny), it would prove to be a more enjoyable film. Credits: *Clover* @ Sexy Bi Click Here For The Homepage of the Movie. leenayoung_2.jpgPlease%20Teach%20Me%20English.jpgstill27.jpgplease1.jpg03.jpg4844_teach01.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sweet_treats1812

hahaha~ i watched this several months ago...it's really quite funny :lol: their english isnt the best, but u could really see them trying...

Guest run_lola_run

This is my of my favorite k-movies...it's really funny. Lee Na Young is so adorable in this I love her! You guys should check it out. I never get tired of watching it.

Guest empress727

i love this movie! the quirkiness is really appealing and the main character's appearance is soo cute (esp. her glasses)

the english wasn't too great but i really enjoyed this movie!

Guest meabxwb

i found it boring. i didnt watch it til the end. but in some part it got me laughing. and i saw the SPIRIT of learning english. ahaha. he so dumb how he be checkin out the teacher and the teacher fell for an elder guy.

Guest tsukushi_makino

the english part makes the movie funnier, ppl.

u found it boring?

hehe ppl do have different interests and tastes.

for me, it was one of the best ones.

soo fuunny.

Guest millie0305

YESS!! i JUST saw this movie last night!! i LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!! the funniest korean movie that i have ever seen. Lee Nah Young was soooo cute and adorable and Jang Hyuk was awesome (as usual).

i was defintely entertained, i thought it was much funnier and better than My Tutor Friend. Jang Hyuk's facial expressions were really good, he looked so irritated by Lee Nah Young's character, especially on the bus scene.

"hi, we are team!" *wink* LOL!

and yeah, their crappy english made it funnier :D hehe

Guest ripgal

it was ok.. i find lee nah young's character really cute! the way she feels 4 jang hyuk.. im glad in the end they ended up 2gether! :)

I wouldn't consider this one of the best Korean comedies I've seen; still, it's enjoyable enough. Lee NaYoung and Jang Hyuk were very likable leads.

My favorite were the learning/speaking-English-parts, they were so hilarious and absurd. (Remember her nightmare of a SWAT team coming in and asking her stuff in English? lol)

Guest millie0305

I wouldn't consider this one of the best Korean comedies I've seen; still, it's enjoyable enough. Lee NaYoung and Jang Hyuk were very likable leads.

My favorite were the learning/speaking-English-parts, they were so hilarious and absurd. (Remember her nightmare of a SWAT team coming in and asking her stuff in English? lol)

yes they were both likeable. and i DO consider it one of the best koreancomedies i've seen. i cannot think of a korean movie in which i laughed harder. and i liked how the comedy was clean and not vulgar (e.g my tutor friend, which i thought was not funny). i also used to live in korea so i got the inside jokes on the culture and learning the english language, which may be why i loved this movie :D good clean fun.

i found it boring. i didnt watch it til the end. but in some part it got me laughing. and i saw the SPIRIT of learning english. ahaha. he so dumb how he be checkin out the teacher and the teacher fell for an elder guy.

yes, i skimmed through many parts >_<!!

but there were certainly times when i was cracking

up!! :w00t: i was watching it at 3 in the morning, so

that might have affected my opinion on this movie,

but for me, there was a bit too much slapstick

comedy. and i didn't like either leads :sweatingbullets: and why

did the teacher have an australian accent?! o_O;

not that i have anything against the accent. it just

struck me as odd ^^;;

i loved how she was so stubborn about keeping her

korean name in class. and then when she finally decided

to use an english name, she chose candy. <3 hehee

very cute.

Guest millie0305

slapstick? really? didn't find it to be that slapstick. i thought the dialogue was funny :D and the ALL the actors' facial expressions. the acting was great, even among the supporting cast. the bar scene when lee nah young asks for jang hyuk's number was funny because of everyone's faces after she asked. and jang hyuk saying, "dis pone is cats pone!" makes me LOL each time

i love lee nah young and jang hyuk!!

Guest beinty

Haha I watched this move.. hmm.. a long time ago... and I still laugh rite now as I read all the posts and recalling the drama..

I watched this movie soo many timess.. and everytime my friends came over I'd make them watch it...

I think it's the funniest Korean movie I've ever seen..

and the 'bacteria' part is just hillarious...

Guest tsukushi_makino

GUYS,

remember how the guy yells I LOVE VICTORIA, but the mom yells I LOVE BACTERIA.

hahahahaha

soo funny.

glad that we have more visitors.

any pictures?

or fun stuff?

Haha I watched this move.. hmm.. a long time ago... and I still laugh rite now as I read all the posts and recalling the drama..

I watched this movie soo many timess.. and everytime my friends came over I'd make them watch it...

I think it's the funniest Korean movie I've ever seen..

and the 'bacteria' part is just hillarious...

I knooow.

soooo funny. hahaha

Guest sungified

Do you know where I can download this movie? I haven't watch it yet so I don't think I can talk about it. >.<

Guest run_lola_run

Here is one of my favorite parts from the movie. It's too funny!

pt18dx.png

pt22ye.png

pt33yy.png

pt41ms.png

pt57qs.png

pt64pz.png

pt76ru.png

pt89uk.png

pt92te.png

pt0109vw.png

pt118th.png

pt123ok.png

pt130gg.png

pt143ws.png

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you know where I can download this movie? I haven't watch it yet so I don't think I can talk about it. >.<

You can find it at naynay's clubbox

Guest MysticaL

tis is the lamest movie i ever saw...it was funny in the beginning..but it gt kinda boring and irritating...coz the jokes doesnt seem that farni after that...but the girl was really farni with her huge glasses...

Archived