[drama 2004] Heaven's Fate / King Flower Fairy 왕꽃 선녀님

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Choi Ji Woo
[MBC] Lee Da Hae & Kim Sung Min (Kim Sung Taek)
MBC Drama Heaven's Fate (Starring Lee Da Hae & Kim Sung Min / Kim Sung Taek) Whether I like it or not, my life starts with my body inherited from my parents and in a background that they made for me. 'Fate' sometimes defines my life that has nothing to do with my will. Some accept this as destiny while others look for 'god' to avoid that 'fate.' What if I get to know what my given 'fate' is and from whom that fate arises? Fate that can neither be denied, no matter how badly we want to, nor be easily accepted even if we admit its presence... This drama talks about what 'fate' is, and twists and turns of life and the beauty of love and sacrifice through those who strive to overcome that 'fate.' Cho Won, brought up in a not so well off but lovely family, meek and amiable, is engaged after a quite short period of dating to Jung Soo, the son of Hang Ja Joo who has just returned to Korea after studying abroad, thanks to the two families' intimate relationship, Slowly shamanic spirit approaches Cho Won, who, as a beautiful and talented graduate student, is awaiting a rosy future of marriage life with a smart bridegroom from a rich family. One day, she goes to a nightclub with her friends, and faints when she recognizes ghosts on big speakers while dancing. Her friends assure her that she must have mistaken something else for ghosts, but from then on, she loses her appetite and gets increasingly exhausted, symptoms that even doctors don't know the reason for. Cho Won, who has dismissed the symptoms as those caused by a mere headache or fatigue, happens to visit a shaman named Yong Hwa Boo her friends introduced out of curiosity for she has to write a paper on shamans. Cho Won's family learn that her aggravating symptoms are due to her shamanic spirit, and they are frightened. Then, does it mean that Cho Won, a founding, is destined to be a shaman? Without informing Cho Won of this, her family have a discussion over this issue and at last her grandfather, Baek Kwang, decides to oust her from the family. Because of the love that they gave her while raising her, her father, Moon Hak, and her mother, Shi Ae, oppose the decision, but because of the firm stance of Baek Kwang, a former legal professional who doesn't want his family image tarnished, the couple unavoidably accepts his decision, breaking into tears. Cho Won's parents rent a room for Cho Won with the money they have saved. Thanks to Baek Kwang's strict order that Cho Won leave home as soon as possible, the family of her fiance Jung Soo notifies her of its decision to break off the match. She loses her family that she loved so much, her aunt and grandmother, the perfect man, Jung Soo, and even her health. She is on the verge of giving up her life as she has lost everything overnight. Cho Won Yoon (24) - Lee, Da-Hae A graduate student majoring in the Korean literature. Though from an ordinary family, she is beautiful and talented. In the run up to a happy wedding with a wealthy and smart bridegroom, she unknowingly approaches her fate. She gets possessed by a shamanic spirit. As she loses everything from her perfect fiance and health overnight, she almost gives up her life in tears. Moo Bin Kim (30) - Kim, Sung-Taek A computer repairman. Though he falls in love with Cho Won he encounters while repairing computers, their love doesn't succeed easily. A mysterious man who sacrifices himself to help her overcome fate. Jung Soo Pan (32) A full-time political science professor. A promising young man brought up in a well off family with a good education. Though he has a hard time dealing with his mother Hang Ja Joo, he tries not to go against her will. But, that breeds a couple of problems. Mi Young Moon (26) A representative of Hotel Shinehill's marketing department. A double-faced woman who tries to be a joyful and talented daughter and a fallen woman who enjoys sadist love with Dong

50.jpg

Episode Guides of Heaven's Fate Episode 1 A spinster named Shi Mong, while rushing to a new construction site because of news that a fire has broken out, collides with Bup Sa's car. Bup Sa and her brother are dumbfounded by Shi Mong, who breaks the front window in a fit of anger. Cho Won calls on a repairman when her computer breaks down, and Moo Bin, the repairman, visits her house. Moo Bin makes a special impression on her. Cho Won is kind enough to give him a sandwich because he seems hungry while repairing the computer. She feels something strange when she stares at Moo Bin's name card after he leaves. Shi Ae willingly works as the section chief of Sae Mi Hanbok Research Institute. She even works as the stewardess for Han Ja, who is Shi Ae's friend and company senior, in order to facilitate Cho Won's marriage to Hang Ja's son, Jung Soo. Episode 2 To get rid of stress from her studies, Cho Won goes to a nightclub with her friends. However, she wants to leave for home as she has a headache all of a sudden. She witnesses a group of ghosts gathered on loudspeakers while looking around the nightclub. She faints because of shock. Shi Ae and Shi Mong run to her upon hearing that she has fainted, but they assure her that she must have hallucinated because she has been so tired from studying. However, Cho Won breaks into tears when she recollects the frightening scene of the ghosts. Yong Hwa Boo, the owner of Tae Keuk Sun Nyou, is famous for her splendid fortune telling. A bunch of visitors come to her after hearing about her; she selects a couple of customers and allows them to come in. Episode 3 Bang Rhim is in deep grief, carrying a picture of her daughter, now dead. When Mi Young sees that, she feels pity for her and makes Bang Rhim happy. Bang Rhim is thankful for and energized by Mi Young. While napping at school, Cho Won dreams. Later she feels fretful and strange when she remembers that a shaman danced and approached her, carrying bells and fans, in her dream. Shi Ae urges her to use Chinese medicine for she is in bad health. Shi Ae gives Hang Ja a box of anchovies for soup to win back her mind. However, Shi Ae is embarrassed when Hang Ja says that she uses tea bags of anchovies, not just raw anchovies. Hang Ja flippantly rejoices over the fact that her son, Jung Soo, has finally set the return date. Episode 4 One of Cho Won's friends, thinking about the incident where Cho Won fainted after witnessing ghosts, secretly changes her cell phone's ring tone as a joke. Cho Won gets fired from her job as a private tutor when her phone rings a wolf ring tone. Cho Won thinks that Moo Bin, the repairman who visited her house a few days ago, played a trick on her, and feels greatly annoyed. When she comes across Moo Bin at a beauty salon, he says hello cheerfully while she ignores him and leaves. Moo Bin is dumbfounded. Shi Mong gets angry when a co-worker named Hyung Woo says that he wants to introduce her to his cousin who's a divorced man. Drinking during a fit of anger, Shi Mong thinks about Yong Jin, a guy she met on a trip to Spain. The day before Jung Soo returns, Hang Ja is busy preparing things to greet him. She feels happy cooking Jung Soo's favorite food with her husband. Episode 5 When Cho Won learns that it was not Moo Bin who played the trick on her, she feels very sorry about her mistake. Shi Ae is deliberating how to match Cho Won with Jung Soo, the son of Hang Ja, the chief of Sae Mi Hanbok Research Institute. Despite Jae Hak's advice not to go too far, Shi Ae is confident that she can do it. Hang Ja is busy bragging about her son at the workplace. She joyfully says that she has to find the perfect match for him. After deliberation, Shi Ae decides to mention her daughter as the perfect match. Fretting about her mistake, Cho Won gains eerie superhuman skills. She starts hopping against her will while concentrating on Moo Bin. While jumping towards the market, she sees Moo Bin there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Choi Ji Woo

Is this drama underrated there in Korea? Lee Da Hae & Kim Sung Taek are very popular here in the Phils. due to their respective dramas (Green Rose & Miss Mermaid)..for me they make a vibrant couple..I hope this

drama will be aired here in our country..haha Lee Da Hae always play the rich female heroine..suits her right

• 3 months later...
Guest thesarahchong

Ooh, I remember this. What was it called in Korean, I seem to have forgotten. But this was definitely an interesting storyline. I didn't watch it, but my parents did. Seeing that it's a daily drama, it doesn't capture the younger audience as much as miniseries do. But it did trigger popularity, I'm sure.

Guest pinklily

oh my...i never knew there was a thread already for this drama. i only knew of the english titles for this drama as King's Flower Fairy or Lotus Flower Fairy. and information for this drama is so hard to come by. thanks Choi Ji Woo for all these information. ^_^ this is something i really want to see...but doubt if i ever will...since it doesn't seem to be available anywhere...especially w/ english subs. :tears:

here's a pic of Lee Da Hae as Yoon Cho Won from the drama

n2o14125054117yb.jpg

^i have to say...from this pic...she doesn't look her actual age at all. still very pretty though. ^_^

Guest pinklily

Is this drama underrated there in Korea? Lee Da Hae & Kim Sung Taek are very popular here in the Phils. due to their respective dramas (Green Rose & Miss Mermaid)..for me they make a vibrant couple..I hope this

drama will be aired here in our country..haha Lee Da Hae always play the rich female heroine..suits her right

i don't think it was underrated in Korea...both the leads won awards for their acting in this drama at the year end acting awards show for MBC. and this was what brought a lot of recognition to Lee Da Hae as an actress...her first leading role i believe. i think elsewhere, outside of Korea though...not many know about this drama. at least i can't seem to find info about it in English at all...and can't seem to find any websites that sells it.

Guest Happy_Day

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVED THIS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is where i first saw leedahae and was CAPTIVATED by her beauty. she comes out as a moodang (like a Korean shamin). it was soooooo sad because she was this really smart student with a kind rich fiance, then she got this calling to be a shamin, and her whole life went down the drain.. until the end of course wen they finally married. it was kind of scary tho wen the guishin (korean ghosts/monsters) kept bothering her in the beginning. this drama was a huge hit in korea, and leedahae got recognition for her acting skills. i was surprised that there wasn't even a thread on it here in soompi. (by the way, the director is the same one who did miss mermaid with jangsuhhee... you can tell because the style is the same).

Guest pinklily

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVED THIS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is where i first saw leedahae and was CAPTIVATED by her beauty. she comes out as a moodang (like a Korean shamin). it was soooooo sad because she was this really smart student with a kind rich fiance, then she got this calling to be a shamin, and her whole life went down the drain.. until the end of course wen they finally married. it was kind of scary tho wen the guishin (korean ghosts/monsters) kept bothering her in the beginning. this drama was a huge hit in korea, and leedahae got recognition for her acting skills. i was surprised that there wasn't even a thread on it here in soompi. (by the way, the director is the same one who did miss mermaid with jangsuhhee... you can tell because the style is the same).

lol...Happy Day...just reading your post is making me want to watch this drama even more. can you tell me how long this series was...because i know it's was a daily drama. and also...if anyone at all knows...is this series available for purchase anywhere? w/ English subs?

lol...i'm probably sounding desperate...but because i adore Lee Da Hae...and got glimpse of this show during the MBC awards show...i'm really interested to see it.

thanks in advance to anyone able to help. ^_^

by the way...here are the two award show clips where LDH won for her acting in this drama:

MBC Drama Awards 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sJwc7eHtDI

^i believe this was her first acting award...and she won for best new actress for this drama. she was tearing up and had difficulty speaking...it was so sweet to watch.

41st Baeksang Awards 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ4-C_nmuQI

Guest Happy_Day

^^ Oh mad, I don't download or buy dramas, so i have no idea.. I wish I could be of more help.. I don't know the number of episodes it was, but it was LONG.. I think it was about the same as Miss Mermaid..

Guest pinklily

^lol...thank you anyway Happy Day. hehe...i'm sure one of these days luck will be on my side and i'll find this series available somewhere. i hope. :sweatingbullets: but yes...being the daily drama that it was...i'm sure it's 50+ episodes at least. :lol:

maybe this drama was popular in korea but not in soompi..

we all know soompi members prefer miniseries compare to long dramas..

just look at peculiar men, peculiar women--it's a daily drama n most popular series in korea rite now yet in soompi it's underrated ..

wow..i thought this was a movie..

cos LDH got an award 4 it in the dae sang awards rite?

well it's kinda difficult 2 get it here in my place..if the series is really long.. but LDH does look very pretty!! definitely not her age!!

very mature!!

Guest pinklily

lol...finding pix for this drama is definitely not as hard as finding information on where to purchase it... :tears: <--- j/k :P

here are more pix from King's Flower Fairy (Heaven's Fate, Lotus Flower Fairy)

2734026gc.jpg

alim050210ev.jpg

1enter5778ya.jpg

33026hy.jpg

c8846088va.jpg <--- the leading man of the series...Kim Sung-Taek. i thought he looked very handsome at the MBC 2004 awards ^_^.

credit: naver

hei kirsten, the guy's really really familiar, was he the one in a series with jang seo hee? mermaid sumthing is it?

wow.... LDH's sooooo mature inside!!!

Guest Access DENIED

Cho won is the total opposite of the yuri in "my girl." She was more honest, calm, elegant, respectful. Dae hee's acting was really good in this one. The ghosts kept possessing her, so she had to go psycho, then normal, then childish, then normal again.

This was a very sad drama. I was bawling in some scenes such as when her foster family found out that she was strange, when her father found her, and when she saw ghosts again..

There were many teary scenes between cho won and her real mother.

haha it was funny when lee dae was possesed by a granny.

Guest pinklily

hei kirsten, the guy's really really familiar, was he the one in a series with jang seo hee? mermaid sumthing is it?

wow.... LDH's sooooo mature inside!!!

jo...yes, i believe the male lead starred in another drama called Miss Mermaid. here's the link to the soompi thread of it: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5861 i've never seen it myself...but reading the plot from Choi Ji Woo's post...sounds very interesting. ^_^

Archived