Vietnamese Ulzzang?

Guest mintpanda

yea vietnamese peopel definately dont care for looks as much as other race. instead, we spend most of our money on food. xD. and the very few that DOES care for beauty, are too busy out looking pretty to take pictures of themselves teehee

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the-white-lily

instead, we spend most of our money on food. xD.

sad but true...U.U (well, not true in my case, I just spend my time and money on the Internet xD)

Reminds me of my own sister... a couple of years ago, she spend most of her money on food...

and then one day, she wanted to go somewhere and called a xe om (moped taxi)...

and this guy said... "u want to go to a sumo contest?"

Guest janineisstylin

i think my sisters can REALLY be uhlzzangs, i mean, seriously. They don't wear alot of makeup, yellow skin, big eyes, and they don't look like the typical asian, nor do they even look vietnamese. hahahaha! :sweatingbullets: I'm not so shabby looking either. :D . hehe! but anyway, trish... i just really dislike her :mellow: i mean, she has more songs with japanese words in it then vietnamese. <_<

Guest mintpanda

no, trish is now a ulzzang, or whatever you want to call it since people seem to say you may only call people who look similar to the ulzzang idols of different ethnicity aside from korean, "net idol" or whatnot.

hm, i understand that vietnam is poor country, I AM vietnamese i know what is happening.

but my question also applies to the ones that live in america and have the money to food, education, and other luxuries just like the teenagers that live in the more popular asian countires.

i think my sisters can REALLY be uhlzzangs, i mean, seriously. They don't wear alot of makeup, yellow skin, big eyes, and they don't look like the typical asian, nor do they even look vietnamese. hahahaha! :sweatingbullets: I'm not so shabby looking either. :D . hehe! but anyway, trish... i just really dislike her :mellow: i mean, she has more songs with japanese words in it then vietnamese. <_<

yea kelly could be an uhlzzang. she so little hahaha xD

if you didnt know people theres no such thing as viet, chinese, japanese, thai w/e uhljjangs?

why because its a KOREAN WORD and korean, but

there are probably net idols. People should stop thinking that

people don't think viets are good looking, theres plenty of them.

example : MAGGIE Q

sad but true...U.U (well, not true in my case, I just spend my time and money on the Internet xD)

Reminds me of my own sister... a couple of years ago, she spend most of her money on food...

and then one day, she wanted to go somewhere and called a xe om (moped taxi)...

and this guy said... "u want to go to a sumo contest?"

OMG.... cant believe that *sweat*

Yeah ppl dont think VNese ppl are pretty but actually we REALLY are.

theres plenty of pretty boys and girls

even some unfamous ppl are really good-looking too

Guest the-white-lily

uuuhh she's sooo hot.

But it's a pitty she mostly plays in Chinese/ HongKong movies...

so everyone thinks she's Chinese.

Guest vingearx0xo

Kinda off topic but isnt that the sweater at delias that your wearinggg :DDD! I have the same one tooo!

• 1 month later...
Guest mintpanda

mann this topic is getting a bit off course xD

well hope you guys read my edit and udnerstand where i'm comming from.

Guest lubo0gx3

I think vietnamese guys are wayyy better looking than the girls

The girls aren't that pretty.. just dressed really nice with alot of make-up

and for the guys.. they're hot.. haha

Guest chitah

^ really?! i've always thought the opposite. i was always like "i see alot of pretty viet girls.....now to find the hot guys.." lol

Guest Jasmine ♥

if you didnt know people theres no such thing as viet, chinese, japanese, thai w/e uhljjangs?

why because its a KOREAN WORD and korean, but

there are probably net idols. People should stop thinking that

people don't think viets are good looking, theres plenty of them.

Maggie Q is so pretty, i thought she was chinese at first cuz I just see her in chinese movies. isn't she half irish or something?

Guest CitrusFlower

people think korean and japanese girls are cute and hot because they judge by celeb. Of course alot of us think korean are best looking because of DBSK , wonder girls, Boa and such. Do you consider judging someone by an average person? no someone who looks cute all day for other but someone who lives there lives normally. Sure, you may not seen an attractive full vietnamese person before but have you seen a full korean or japanese person?

Yes, I admit japanese and korean celebrity are better looking then viet but their celebrity! They have all these professional make up artist and hair stylist with them. Korean ulzzang basically want to look good all day. i'm just saying how people can say these things without even realizing the other important fact.

Guest pozerwannab

I may be misunderstanding the original post's statements, but I think what you're trying to ask is why there is a lack of popular Vietnamese trends that transcend national borders. I recently visited Vietnam and my cousin casually told me that popular Japanese styles can be seen in North Vietnam, while the South Vietnamese lean toward popular Korean styles (styles meaning hairstyles, popular clothing trends, etc.).

I personally think that the reason for this (that there are no widespread Vietnamese trends) is that Vietnam is a communist state. The way they still have barriers on certain media and the fact that the media is state-controlled is probably a big reason for the lack of popular Vietnamese trends (of any kind). You can, of course, dispute with me on this one because I'm no expert on this topic area. Yes, the Vietnamese communist regime has been more open in recent years with more international investments and with the increasing trends of globalization through technological advancements (i.e. the internet). But there are things that are still state-controlled that you don't really see there in more developed nations.

I'm not trying to write a purely political post, so sorry about that! But what I'm trying to say is that you hardly see any under-developed nations setting "popular" trends and such.

P.S. Vietnamese people do not necessarily care about food more than looks. I've seen PLENTY of older Vietnamese ladies going back to Vietnam for cheap plastic surgery. You guys must know some great Vietnamese people :)

There are a lot of pretty Vietnamese people, but the ones people consider pretty... don't look Vietnamese.

I'm not trying to say that pretty Vietnamese people don't look Vietnamese, but I'm saying that people's "Vietnamese stereotype" or what they think a Vietnamese person looks like isn't pretty. There are plenty of pretty Viets, but people tend to think that Vietnamese people aren't pretty. They're just not as popular as Chinese net idols and Korean ulzzangs.

Blah, what I'm trying to say isn't easily said in words that won't offend someone. I'm not saying this to offend anyone, I'm Vietnamese myself.

Even I get people telling me that I don't look Vietnamese, this one lady told me I was TOO pretty to be Vietnamese. I found that offending because she technically said Vietnamese people weren't pretty.

Archived