Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mintpanda

Vietnamese Ulzzang?

Guest mintpanda

korean, japanese, chinese...but not vietnamese. pictures now included
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum..if not feel free to move/delete.

I was just wondering, there are an abundance in korean, japanese, and chinese ulzzangs. But i never once heard/seen a vietnamese ulzzang; i was wondering why is that?

i understand that our pop culture isn't..as up to date as the other asian cultures, i mean c'mon the best we have is Trish and "Paris By Night"

i've noticed that about 35%+ members on soompi are vietnamese, yet i failed to see the faces of my people.

:sweatingbullets:

btw; this is no offense intended towards anyone >w<;;

--

edit:

okay so i guess you guys have been talking about the various topics and how "ulzzang" is a korean term. I only USE that term because it seems all of you are farmilar with it and be able to compare their type of popularity with others.

and no, i do not use Trish as an example of the entertainment in vietnam and as a vietnamese ulzzang/idol or whatever you choose to call it. She's an example of what most of the vietnamese community (americanized and native) seem to be "pretty" and obesses as you soompiers do over the ulzzang thread.

i bring up vietnamese because i see a majority of vietnamese soompiers here (and in my community), as to the numbers of the other ethnicities (besides koren/japanese/chinese)

here are picture comparasions.

typical vietnamese models in the magazines (source: viet net idol thread)

aah.sized.jpg

typical korean model in the magazines (source: fob style thread)

fashion12.jpg

you do your own comparasion.

yes i know there's a viet idol thread, stop posting the link people. <_<

Guest mims

theres a viet uhlzzang thread in the other celeb photos forum

Guest meilove

yeah..we have the vietnamese net idol..but none are actually famous ulzzangs that ppl kno about unlike the korean ulzzangs. i mean everyone knows who we're talking about when someone says "mikki or imda or seo minwoo"

Guest Inconnu

^ Usually they arent popular on American forums. Mostly Viet forums or 360.

Guest #SHINAI

we have a vietnamese ulzzang thread but japanese? D: D: D:

WHERE?! =D

............ No. LOL. sorry, just no. Try seeing her up close. She wears like 40 lbs of

make up to look that good...

:lol:

thank you lol

Guest f0reveralways

i think this guy + his friends can totally be vietnamese "ullzangs". his photos are always so nice. you'll find him in the viet net idol thread.

dsc00311lo7.jpg

15570595338e09681a29owl7.jpg

dsc00889lg8.jpgdsc00928hy6.jpg

his name is andy :wub:

Guest SuGaBaBi

lol...well, i'm currently living in houston and i've seen a few people who i would consider cute/good looking enough to be in the ulzzang catergory. too bad they look like 13-16 ish? but don't most ulzzangs are around that age range? ahh...that made me seem old. haha... well as for famous viet ulzzang, i can only think of trish thuy trang. i guess the reason why there's not many viet ulzzangs that are famous is because most asians are so into the chinese, japanese and korean culture these days due to hk drama, tw drama, k drama, k pop, j rock/pop and j fashion. and so there's not much attention on the whole viet cult. i guess if viets would be more updated like other asian countries than we'll probably get more attention.

Guest eyeheartyou

i mean c'mon the best we have is Trish and "Paris By Night"

hahhahah sorry i totally laughed when i read paris by night. honestly to me and every other vietnamese person i know theres a sort of cringe factor when we hear paris by night. my mom loves it though. i will admit that paris by night is getting a lot hipper now. but i guess i will always remember the old school paris by night that i hated as a kid.

i know a girl that would be considered a vietnamese ulzzang. she's got a natural beauty to her. no photoshop required, the only thing is, is that she looks korean.

Guest Love Virus

ulzzang = korean term

so they posisbly couldnt' exist in vietname

chinese have their own term for the 'ulzzang' in china

and japan, the 'ulzzangs' there are basically mgazine modles or idols, but not ulzzang the internet celebs

I don't think vietnam has much of big subculture on internet celebs as they do in these three coutries

that's probably why you never heard of any existing in vietnam

Guest monchichi

I don't think the net idol craze has much of an impact in Vietnam at the moment otherwise I think we'd see a fair few of them participating... perhaps in a few years time?

And Trish, an ulzzang??? o_o She wears too much makeup... and the bad thing about it is that you can really tell she's caked it on >.< And the 'paris by night' comment got a giggle out of me... hehehe... but I do agree it's getting better nowadays. Minh Tuyet seems really, really popular at the moment... I just went to her concert a few weeks ago and there was a MASSIVE crowd of people wanting to meet her. I reckon her and Luong Tung Quang are getting it on... there seems to be a bit of a romantic spark between the two while they were performing....

AND... that Andy guy... whoever the heck he is... He's delicious <3 My heart stopped when I saw that beautiful face!!!!

Guest Jenni.Pho

^

Yea, definitely. I just saw Trish like...last week.

Up close and personal she's really not that cute. She's still adorable personality wise, but physically not so much I'd say.

Guest ginger

I don't think the net idol craze has much of an impact in Vietnam at the moment otherwise I think we'd see a fair few of them participating... perhaps in a few years time?

Agreed. Korea (and Japan) are obsessed with internet blogging and self-picture taking. Computer/cell/camera technology is extremely widespread in these two countries in particular, and the internet is inescapable.

-ginger

Guest CitrusFlower

not to offend anyone but "paris by night" isn't really good, alot of them wear loads of make up and the music are remake. don't be offended i'm viet too. "trish" like everyone said she wear tons of make up and her age is unknown to the world. the vietnamese ulzzang thread have alot of pretty people their.

Guest emysiu

yeah. where's the laotian ulzzang? cambodian? indonesian? philippino? malay? okinawan? taiwanese? kazakhstani? mongolian? singaporean? indian? pakistani? wow! there's a lot yet to be covered huh?

Guest bonjourDARLING

DANGGGGGGGGGGGGG

andy is hot ((:

Guest addickshun

not saying anything since i don't know any viet idols or net idols.