mai otome

Guest Take Five

Guest Silly

I have a question, I've been watching Mai-Hime via You Tube (LOL it takes ahwile but thats the only way I know to watch it ~_~) Are the characters from Mai-Hime and Mai Otome the same???? or is it just the same character designs and ect.. on another parallel universe?

Also... if you guys saw the previews...Mikoto and Mai make an appearance!! Although you do see Mai in the OP and Mikoto's silhouette is used as the Guardian of the Harmoniom thing.. did anyone else catch that?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Take Five

I have a question, I've been watching Mai-Hime via You Tube (LOL it takes ahwile but thats the only way I know to watch it ~_~) Are the characters from Mai-Hime and Mai Otome the same???? or is it just the same character designs and ect.. on another parallel universe?

Also... if you guys saw the previews...Mikoto and Mai make an appearance!! Although you do see Mai in the OP and Mikoto's silhouette is used as the Guardian of the Harmoniom thing.. did anyone else catch that?

mai otome has most of the same characters from mai hime along with some new ones. some of the characters from mai hime are quite different though in terms of personality in mai otome. mai otome is a parallel universe of mai hime.

Guest Silly

I just finised Mai Hime and... you get to see Arika Yumemiya actually at the end, she makes a small appearance!

I guess they just recycled Characters and Names cause the two animes are quite different

Guest Take Five

^yeah, that was the cue that there would be another season =P

if you watch some of the mai hime specials, nina shows up at times too.

Guest system

Ep.23 answered a lot of questions!

That leaves Ep.24 and 1 hour special for Ep.25 and Ep.26.

3 episodes left... many people to kill.

Guest lady_muimui

Ep.23 answered a lot of questions!

That leaves Ep.24 and 1 hour special for Ep.25 and Ep.26.

3 episodes left... many people to kill.

lol, loved the way you put it. man...can't wait for 24. i've been watching it through youtube as well. xD

Guest lady_muimui

Whoop~ just finished 24, can't wait until the hour special. xD. I kind of found this episode disturbing with the whole Nina thing. I repeat myself when I say I can't wait. The action has yet to come. yay~~

Okay...so Sergay liked or admired Rena right? And Rena is Arika's mother and Rena is the daughter of the girl known as Alyssa Searrs (at least that's her name in Mai Hime, don't really know her name in Mai Otome except the Searrs part)? And Searrs is also the master of Miyu? Long line...xD

Guest system

May issue of Megami Magazine confirmed that 舞-乙HiME (Mai-Otome) to release 4 OVA episodes later this fall.

They expect to cover the storyline after Ep.25-26.

It makes sense for Sunrise to expand this project.

Trying to wrap up the series with only 2 episodes (1-hour special) left seemed like a pushover.

Guest system

That's it.

It's over.

Not exactly the best ending and certainly not what I expected.

I was expecting more death, destruction, despair... maybe I'm just evil.

Overall, good series.

Perhaps I'll look into Mai-Hime.

Guest Take Five

^you should. not that this series was bad, but mai hime is better. mai otome never reaches the level of excitement that mai hime does =/

Guest lady_muimui

I actually thought the ending wasn't bad at all (although I watched it without subs so I could only make out certain things that I understood in Jap xD). I mean no one really died except Ers-chan (although I really wanted Tomoe to die [it was funny when one of Mashiro-chan's men thought she was dead and tried to cover her with the white blanket :w00t: ]). Arika managed to calm Nina down and Sergay didn't die so it all turned out nicely. I think Sergay, losing his memory, might've been a good thing since he was wrapped up in his past admiration for Rena. And it could be a new start for him after killing all these people and doing things for Nagi. But yea...that's just my personal opinion.

Guest system

^you should. not that this series was bad, but mai hime is better. mai otome never reaches the level of excitement that mai hime does =/

That's what I heard.

I also heard that the ending of Mai-Hime really punches you in the face.

Not the good kind of "twist", but more like "WTF" type. :blink:

(although I really wanted Tomoe to die [it was funny when one of Mashiro-chan's men thought she was dead and tried to cover her with the white blanket).

Talk about super-human powers.

By the way, Tomoe's voice acting was the BEST!

One moment she's calm, the next she's all in rage.

True talent!

Big round of applause to Tanaka Rie (the voice of Tomoe).

Did you know she's also the voice of Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED?! :w00t:

Guest Take Five

That's what I heard.

I also heard that the ending of Mai-Hime really punches you in the face.

Not the good kind of "twist", but more like "WTF" type. blink.gif

yeah, pretty much. i'd prefer a different type of ending but i'm not unsatisfied with the one they had.

Guest Take Five

i thought that was a pretty kickass ending. but yeah...the death toll was a bit low lol. better than the mai hime ending though. i dunno...to be honest, do they really need another 4 OVAs? not that i mind seeing more, but it seemed like they wrapped up everything pretty well.

Archived