GetBackers

Guest pershin

Guest pershin
The Retrievers!!
I love this show! Go Midou ban and Amano Gingi! getbackers_background_wallpaper_2-normal.jpg Anyone know whether the manga is done and if there would ever be a plan to continue this?
Plot:
 The plot follows the "GetBackers", a group that retrieves anything that was lost. The team is primarily composed of Ban Mido, a man born with the illusionary technique "Evil Eye", and Ginji Amano the former leader of a gang called "The VOLTS", a powerful group in the dangerous territory called the Infinity Fortress in Shinjuku.
Published by: Tokyopop (up to vol 27)
Anime Episodes: 49
*This series has also games released
getbackers1024x768.jpg
getbackers-anime-33709134-1280-960.jpg
Getbackersfull871403.jpg

Guest i.nvalidc.reditc.ard

I love those two also!! I have no idea about anything but I know I love those two! Oh! And Shido!! Ahhh!! Oh!! And that dude that looks like a chick... I can't remember his name, but that guy is hella awesome! I love the Getbackers!! Go Ban! Go Gingi! Haven's boobs are way to big... *shudders*... And that dude with the purple bandana... Paul! Yeah! He is awesome too! The Yakuza rawks! Yeah! And Natsumi is adorable!! Anyways, gotta admit that anime is totally rawking! Woo-hoo!

Guest i.nvalidc.reditc.ard

^^ But the fighting is awesome! And Ban's eye is sooooo awesome. I`uno, but yeah, this anime rawks so much! it rawks myc sawks!! woo-hoo! haha.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

AW!! this si so funny when they both fight over stupid things ^^

i love them both but i can't decide....

Guest Tetra

Kazuki and Akabane are the pro's IMO.

27-string techniques + killer scalpal/blade skills.

Kazuki's appearance was rather strange though...although I suppose the feminist chracteristics go well with his choice of art.

But the guy in my avatar = pwnage.

No one else created a dark hole with a simple energy blade -_-

Guest Take Five

^hm, i was wondering who that was in your avatar but i don't really remember much of the bad guys in getbackers anyway.

Guest Tetra

^hm, i was wondering who that was in your avatar but i don't really remember much of the bad guys in getbackers anyway.

He's not that bad, just hired by them big guys.

Miroku brothers.

• 3 months later...

I found ginji's voice (japanese) to be sooooo annoying... I couldn't get through the last episodes.

ban's Snake Bite and Evil Eye was really cool, though.

Guest Raye

Hmm... It looks like that the manga is in the mid-30s right now, showing no signs of ending any time soon. I doubt that they'll make a second season of this series, considering how they wrapped up the first, making it seem somewhat conclusive. So once again, if you want to see the true ending, go read the manga.

And I do agree, the show does have more fighting than character development. Not that I'm complaning or anything, Get Backers was one of my favorites when it was airing, but there were some rather unnecessary and dull fights that took place, especially during the Infinite Castle raid. Talk about drawn out to the point of redundancy.

Guest lady_muimui

I found ginji's voice (japanese) to be sooooo annoying... I couldn't get through the last episodes.

Are you forreal?? I LOVED his voice! I love him in general, especially when he goes into chibi mode. lol.

Are you forreal?? I LOVED his voice! I love him in general, especially when he goes into chibi mode. lol.

Maybe his voice wasn't the worst. What was really bothered me the most was when he went chibi!! xx

I just thought it was the most disgusting thing ever ;__; - maybe because it reminds me of a slug - lol

bscap0724yh.jpg

Guest Take Five

^lmao.

i'm still trying to figure out where to start reading the manga from after the anime...

Guest Raye

I haven't caught up with the English release of the manga yet (since it's still about the Venus de Milo) but looking at the descriptions at Animaxis, the final episodes of Get Backers seem like they were made up as series fillers...

Guest bubbleying

Maybe his voice wasn't the worst. What was really bothered me the most was when he went chibi!! xx

I just thought it was the most disgusting thing ever ;__; - maybe because it reminds me of a slug - lol

bscap0724yh.jpg

AHH~! Ginji is so KAWAII!!

I love him lookin lyk dis de best!

thanx for the pix!

• 1 month later...

Archived