Song Yoon Ah 송윤아

Demen

14 hours ago, konjo said:

Updates:

1. It's been confirmed that the first episode will air 23rd September! Press conference will be 21st September.

The drama title has been slightly changed to 'THE K2' / '더K2 (더 케이투)'

Official drama logo:

25VUE73d.jpg

2. Song Yoona filming:

Cpjyrh1UEAADstC.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, irilight said:

“The K2” Starring Ji Chang Wook, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, and Song Yoon Ah Kicks Off Production

“The K2” Starring Ji Chang Wook, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, and Song Yoon Ah Kicks Off Production

The upcoming drama “The K2,” starring Ji Chang Wook, Song Yoon Ah, and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, has officially started preproduction.

On August 11, CJ E&M stated, “tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama ‘The K2’ has began its production. It will air on September 23 after ‘Good Wife’ finishes its run.”

The K2

“The K2” is an action drama about a bodyguard who was once a war soldier referred to as K2, the wife of the presidential candidate who hired him, and a girl who lives in her own secluded world.

Ji Chang Wook will play Kim Je Ha, a former war soldier who is the JSS special bodyguard. Choi Yoo Jin (Song Yoon Ah) takes notice and hires him to be a bodyguard. For this drama, Ji Chang Wook will perform some advanced stunts and show off his charisma.

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA will play a lonely girl named Go Ahn Na, who suffers from panic disorders. She is also the hidden daughter of the presidential candidate Jang Se Joon (Jo Sung Ha) and will play an important role regarding Kim Je Ha and Choi Yoo Jin’s relationship.

Song Yoon Ah’s character, Choi Yoo Jin, is the wife of the winning presidential candidate and is the oldest sibling in her family in charge of JB group. She is known to the public for being friendly, beautiful, and loving, but in reality she is a merciless woman who won’t let anything get in her way of achieving her dreams.

The staff stated, “The characters have their own interesting stories and it will capture the audience’s attention. There will be a lot of bodyguard action and conflicts surrounding the presidential family, so please look forward to it.”

“The K2” will start airing on September 23

source

• Like 1

News bites: August 13, 2016

SongYoonAh_Taecyeon_KimJaeHyun1.jpg
Song Yoon-ah, Taecyeon, Kim Jae-hyun

In fantasy melo My Happy Home, a woman will turn the man she loves into a cyborg. (That sounds a little wacky, but it’s a drama special, so anything is fair game.) Lee Sang-yub, Sohn Yeo-eun, and Park Hana are the leads, while Song Yoon-ah and Taecyeon will guest appear in support of their Assembly director Choi Yoon-seok. Lee Il-hwa will drop in for a cameo as well.

Source: Dramabeans

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:47 AM, irilight said:

@Demen, thank you for quoting me here.  Silly me, I never realized this thread existed.

I am not familiar with Song Yoon-Ah, except that I adored her in "Assembly."

I plan to remedy that, eventually   :)

Dear @irilight,

Thank you for stopping by this thread :D

SYA is my favorite actress from drama Hotelier (in 2001 with Bae Yong Joon, Kim Seung Woo,...), then I checked all her dramas & movies & I decided to love her & love her ^^

So, if you have any news about The K2 or concerning SYA pps also post here, thanks again :)

• Like 2

On 8/14/2016 at 10:54 PM, Demen said:

SYA is my favorite actress from drama Hotelier (in 2001 with Bae Yong Joon, Kim Seung Woo,...), then I checked all her dramas & movies & I decided to love her & love her ^^

@Demen, so "Hotelier" is still your favorite drama with her? If not - which one is it?  And what about movies? thank you :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which universities did the K2 stars enroll in real life?

Keeping only relevant material

3. Song Yoon Ah

She was also a student at Hanyang University, but she decided to major in Cultural Anthropology. There is no better way to study modern people than working on filming sets and connecting with legions of fans. It should be a lot easier to compare them to their ancestors.

d4be3575-367b-4a0f-8faa-8d85ebe0f15e.jpeg

37633778-60e7-404d-bc2f-035f281c5602.PNG

source: DramaFever Blog

9 hours ago, irilight said:

@Demen, so "Hotelier" is still your favorite drama with her? If not - which one is it?  And what about movies? thank you :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which universities did the K2 stars enroll in real life?

Keeping only relevant material

3. Song Yoon Ah

She was also a student at Hanyang University, but she decided to major in Cultural Anthropology. There is no better way to study modern people than working on filming sets and connecting with legions of fans. It should be a lot easier to compare them to their ancestors.

source: DramaFever Blog

Dear irilight,

Surely Hotelier is still my fav drama with her, and I still keep 1 DVD set of Hotelier which given by www.Hotelier2002.com's member.

I watched all SYA's dramas & movies except few old ones, I like Jail Breakers (w/ Sul Kyung Gu, ...) the best b/c it made me laugh & laugh :D, I also like Wedding Dress

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demen said:

Dear irilight,

Surely Hotelier is still my fav drama with her, and I still keep 1 DVD set of Hotelier which given by www.Hotelier2002.com's member.

I watched all SYA's dramas & movies except few old ones, I like Jail Breakers (w/ Sul Kyung Gu, ...) the best b/c it made me laugh & laugh :D, I also like Wedding Dress

Thank you much @Demen. Added to my to watch list... Will watch soon.. :)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, KimYoojungxLeeBitna said:

tvN Presents

maxresdefault.jpgK2

Screenwriter: Jang Hyuk Rin (Yong Pal)

Director: Kwang Jung Hwan (Neighborhood Hero)

Production Company: HB Entertainment

Network: tvN

Cast

Main

Ji Chang Wook as Kim Je Ha
Song Yoon Ah as Choi Yoo Jin
Im Yoon Ah as Go Anna
Jo Sung Ha as Jang Se Joon
Lee Jung Jin as Choi Sung Won
Kim Gab Soo as Park Kwan Soo

Special appearance
Son Tae Young as Anna's mother

Plot

A bodyguard is abandoned by his country and colleagues. A woman is the hidden daughter of a presidential hopeful. She will even use love for her revenge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

October 4, 2016 (related SYA excerpt only)

Korean dramas, movies finishing year strongly

This year saw a rich slew of actors making their mark in both television dramas and movies. Memorable performances in cinema came from actresses like Kim Tae-ri, who received international attention for her role as the earthy heroine of Park Chan-wook’s erotic thriller “The Handmaiden,” Kwak Do-won, who appeared as the fear-stricken policeman in Na Hong-jin’s horror flick “The Wailing” and the shrewdly domineering prosecutor in Kim Sung-su’s crime-noir “Asura: The City of Madness.”

On television, actress Seo Hyun-jin delivered a highly relatable portrayal of the struggling 30-something Korean everywoman in “Oh Hae-young Again,” while actor Yoon Kye-sang caught viewers’ eyes as the cutthroat lawyer in the Korean version of “The Good Wife.”

Here is a list of the most hotly anticipated performances set to grace both the small and big screens in the final months of the year:

Song Yoon-ah as gripping villainess in “K2”

Song Yoon-a (Snowball Entertainment)

Song Yoon-ah stars in “The K2” as Choi Yoo-jin, the cold-blooded, ambitious wife of a presidential candidate, who hires a fugitive mercenary soldier, played by Ji Chang-wook, to conceal the existence of her husband’s illegitimate daughter, played by Yoona of K-pop group Girls’ Generation. The cable channel tvN’s political thriller is enjoying unexpected popularity, boasting a rating of 3.9 percent viewership, according to Nielsen Korea. Its intense action scenes and characters’ complex relationships have apparently gripped TV viewers. 

Song plays the lifeblood of the show, providing the impetus for conflict with her layered depiction of the double-sided Choi, who presents herself to the public as the epitome of elegance while plotting murderous schemes in private.

The 43-year-old actress broke through on the small screen through “Hotelier” (2001) and in film through “Jail Breakers” (2002). Most recently, she portrayed a talented aide to a legislator on political TV drama “Assembly.” 

In 2009, Song married actor Sol Kyung-gu amid heavy media scrutiny stemming from reports the actress was the cause of Sol’s divorce in 2006. The actress, recognized for her talents prior to the scandal, seems well on her way to redeeming her reputation as an actress.

• Like 3