Song Yoon Ah 송윤아

Demen

Thanks to mistymorning for the article translation & highlight at Mr.Sunshine soompi ~

From article http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809131630524110,

‘Mr. Sunshine’ Choi Jin-ho “Lee Byung-hun, Song Yoon-ah, Yeo Jin-goo are actors/actresses that amazed me with their actings”

[Newsen. Article by Kim Ye-eun/Photography by Lee Jae-ha]

He debuted in the drama ‘Splendid Holiday’, acting for more than 20 years. Working as supporting actors in various projects, with a lot of actors/actresses, Choi Jin-ho turned his thumbs up to Yeo Jin-Goo, Song Yoon-Ah and Lee Byung-Hun.'

He was an excellent villain in tvN weekend drama ‘Mr Sunshine’ coveting over main lead Eugene Choi’s mom. He was the reason that made Eugene Choi’s early life hell, and the one who got the worst payback from Eugene who came back to Joseon as American solider. Even though his character exited the show with death, his presence was quite intense.

'Assembly' captures from Segye.com

20150919000831_0.jpg?randomNumber=1511314607037

Spoiler

201809131630524110_1.jpg

Due to situation of his character, he acted long time with Lee Byung-hun who did the role of Eugene Choi. They also worked together in the movie ‘I saw the devil’. Newsen met him on Sept 13th, Choi Jin-ho mentioned the scene where Eugene Choi threatened Lee Sehoon with the sword, “About the sword scene, there are some who act with their emotion but only by themselves, but with Lee Byung hun I felt that I was being cared. There was a feeling of going up together. It is a great experience when you can feel the synergy and chemistry”

Lee Byung-Hun is one of the three actors/actresses that amazed him during his acting career. The other 2 are Yeo Jin-goo who did SBS drama ‘Daebak’ together, and Song Yoon-ah who did KBS 2TV drama ‘Assembly’.

He explained, ‘Actor Yeo Jin-goo acted really stable considering his age. I thought about my youth and whether I did that well. Song Yoon-ah is a top actress. Acting together, we as actors know. Feeling the chemistry that my feelings were delivered and then given back. Song Yoon-ah is one of those than can give feelings back well.”

Spoiler

He continued talk about ‘Mr Sunshine’. They worked for long time for ‘Mr Sunshine’ that the atmosphere in the site was nice. Choi Jinho explained the reason to Lee Eungbok’s style, who is the director of the drama. ‘Dir. Lee Eungbok doesn’t pressure the site. “And also, “Maybe it’s the trait of current shooting site. We’re suffering together anyways, so want to comfort each other.”

Was there any episode from the shooting site? In the drama Eugene Choi got his revenge on Lee Sehoon after knowing that he coveted his mother that led to death of his parents. He jumped over the sedan chair of Lee Sehoon with his horse. Lee Sehoon tumbled from his chair and fell to the muddy ground. About this scene he said “We dug up to make a small puddle but it was too dirty. I didn’t need to put my face, but I thought to make the scene more humiliating I should put my face in the puddle. Only thing is that after the scene I had to see eye doctor 4 times.”

tvN ‘Mr Sunshine’ will air on Sat/Sun 9 PM every week.

Newsen Kim Yeeun kimm@/LeeJae rush@

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^ hi Demen, you are back.  :)

Will ‘Graceful Friends’ Be Another Hit of JTBC Drama?

by krishkim@zapzee.net

29B7976E-E0F1-4283-8E0D-416D21A68DAA.jpg

Credit: JTBC

There is one drama that is drawing much attention even before the official release.

Recently, JTBC release a poster for their new upcoming drama that will premiere next month. Graceful Friends, which begins as soon as Doctor Foster ends, is already drawing expectations with its fabulous cast and story.

The released poster shows the faces of all characters: Yoo Joon Sang, Song Yoon Ah, Bae Soo Bin, Han Da Gam, Kim Sung Oh, Kim Hye Eun, Jung Suk Yong, Lee In Hye, Kim Won Hee, and Kim Ji Young. Their blank faces and black attires grab attention.

Graceful Friends is considered to be the next hit of JTBC, following SKY Castle and The World of the Married. It is a mystery drama that deals with the story of 20-year-old friends and couples who face the sudden crack on their peaceful lives with the sudden death of a friend.

The drama shows similar composition as SKY Castle. The story revolves around 4 couples, a divorced man and “everyone’s first love,” who has returned after a long time.

JTBC’s Graceful Friends will premiere on July 10.

Source (1)

——————

89C7D243-F491-464D-9A5F-E8CCB56DE388.png

https://k-communities.com/2020/06/12/jtbcs-upcoming-friday-saturday-drama/

JTBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama, that is aiming to continue the trend of “Sky Castle” and “The World of the Married”

A mystery drama about couples who have known each other for 20 years, but a sudden death of their friend will cause a rift in their peaceful daily lives.

Just by looking at the poster, I think that the ratings will be surpass 15%

Original post: Theqoo

1.Woah, I really like this kind of vibe

2.No but the casting is already amazing

3.I watched “Sky Castle” and “The World of the Married” and it was so fun, I hope this will be exciting too

4.Lee In Hye, I feel like I haven’t seen her in a very long time

5.I just looked it up and the director of this drama is the same as “Another Miss Oh” and “Beauty Inside”!!

6.I feel like I’ve seen this kind of plot somewhere else. What was it?

7.It feels like “Desperate Housewives”+”Intimate Strangers”

8.Oh! Sounds fun. Everyone’s good at acting…!!

9.Since Yoo Jun Sang’s here, the rating are guaranteedㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10.It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Bae Subinㅋㅋㅋ The drama sounds interesting, and I love the cast!

11.The plot sounds like the Korean version of “Desperate Housewives”

12.I enjoyed watching “Sky Castle” and “The World of the Married”, so I’m so excited for this drama

13.Woah, it’s totally my type of drama. I haven’t seen “The World of the Married”, but this looks interesting!

14.Woah.. Look at that line-up! They’re gonna crush us with their acting skills

15.Good casting! The story sounds fun too

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 2:22 PM, larus said:

Graceful Friends: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

by missvictrix

GF_1.jpg

As expected for a tangled story and ensemble cast, we get a lot of introductions in our opening week — strategic glimpses of our graceful friends, their wives, their workdays, and most importantly, the dynamics of their friendship. I came into this drama expecting high-style suspense, but Graceful Friends is more intrigue than suspense, and certainly more relationship-driven than I was expecting. It’s a bit heavy, but I’m not complaining. On the contrary: I’m hooked.

EPISODES 1-2 WEECAP

GF_2.jpg

We’ve been told Graceful Friends is something of a murder mystery, so when we open our drama at the scene of a murder, it’s effective to jumpstart the plot, and also to introduce us to our main players. Our ajusshis are a group of friends that have stayed close since college. But while their relationships look ordinary from the outside, there’s actually a bottomless well of intrigue around each character. The storytelling is tight and dense, so while there’s a lot to take in (especially during all the early exposition), it’s also pretty compelling.

The man at the scene of the crime is our lead, AHN GOONG-CHUL (Yoo Joon-sang). He’s clearly committing a crime of passion, but we don’t learn much more than that. It a rough scene to begin a drama with, but it’s tempered with cuts of his friends talking to investigators about what a kind person he is, and how he would never be capable of murder. And true enough, the Goong-chul we meet this week is all dimples and heart. He’s a devoted husband to psychiatrist NAM JUNG-HAE (Song Yoon-ah)… but perhaps too devoted? They seem like a happy and compatible couple, but nothing is as it looks on the surface — this drama makes sure we realize that right away.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/07/graceful-friends-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/20/scandalous-romance-drama-show-window-casts-song-yoon-ah-lee-sung-jae-jeon-so-min-hwang-chan-sung/
Mystery Romance Drama ‘Show Window’ Casts Song Yoon Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min & Hwang Chan Sung

by krishkim

Song Yoon Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min, and Hwang Chan Sung will come together for the new Channel A series ‘Show Window’ (literal title).

spacer.png
Credit: Snowball Entertainment, IOK Company, King Kong by Starship, JYP Entertainment

Show Window is a new scandalous romance drama depicting the story of a woman who supported another woman’s romance without knowing that the man she’s after is her husband. The thrilling mind game the characters play as they deceive each other will tempt the viewers.

On Friday, Show Window confirmed the casting of Song Yoon Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min, and Hwang Chan Sung.

First, Song Yoon Ah plays Han Seon Ju, a woman who has everything from beauty and intelligence to wealth. She helped her husband with her resourcefulness and raised her children with her meticulousness. In other words, she’s the perfect wife and mother. However, when a crack breaks up the perfect harmony, she goes into battle to stop it.

Lee Sung Jae takes on the role of Han Seon Ju’s husband, Shin Myung Seop. After marrying Han, Shin got a job at his mother-in-law’s company and has been on the fast track. He’s the modern-day male version of Cinderella. He’s also a man who commits himself to his family. However, when he is entranced by a woman that’s not his wife, he ends up overstepping a line that should not be crossed.

Yoon Mi Ra, played by Jeon So Min, is a woman who shakes up Shin’s heart. Using her beauty and charms as her weapons, Yoon always stays true to her desires. Coveting Han’s husband Shin, she begins a fierce mind game. Lastly, Hwang Chan Sung turns into Han’s younger brother Han Jung Won. He’s an optimistic and warm-hearted man who loves and relies on his sister. For his older sister, he’s ready to do anything.

This unexpected combination of actors raises curiosity. What kind of story will they unfold together?

Show Window will premiere in November.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

CF released with Hyungji Crocodile Ladies, Son Ye-jin and Song Yoon-ah

CF released with Hyungji Crocodile Lady, Son Ye-jin and Song Yoon-ah

Crocodile Ladies, developed by Hyungji Apparel, announced on the 14th that it has released an advertisement campaign in which the current exclusive model Son Ye-jin and Song Yoon Ah, the muse of 12 years ago, appeared. By recalling the model Song Yoon-ah, who led the heyday together, and putting it on the same screen with Son Ye-jin, who is currently the most popular actress, it contains the content that 'beauty accumulates'. Crocodile Ladies, a brand that has shared the most beautiful days of women, wanted to convey the brand's spirit that the beautiful Leeds days should not be a thing of the past to customers who are like old friends. A Crocodile Ladies official said, "I hope that current and former exclusive models will appear together and become a hot topic for our female customers and remind them of the beautiful Leeds days." It will remain a brand.” 

The CF

a write up
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, Helena said:

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/20/scandalous-romance-drama-show-window-casts-song-yoon-ah-lee-sung-jae-jeon-so-min-hwang-chan-sung/
Mystery Romance Drama ‘Show Window’ Casts Song Yoon Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min & Hwang Chan Sung

by krishkim

Song Yoon Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min, and Hwang Chan Sung will come together for the new Channel A series ‘Show Window’ (literal title).

Credit: Snowball Entertainment, IOK Company, King Kong by Starship, JYP Entertainment

Show Window is a new scandalous romance drama depicting the story of a woman who supported another woman’s romance without knowing that the man she’s after is her husband. The thrilling mind game the characters play as they deceive each other will tempt the viewers.

On Friday, Show Window confirmed the casting of Song Yoon Ah, Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min, and Hwang Chan Sung.

First, Song Yoon Ah plays Han Seon Ju, a woman who has everything from beauty and intelligence to wealth. She helped her husband with her resourcefulness and raised her children with her meticulousness. In other words, she’s the perfect wife and mother. However, when a crack breaks up the perfect harmony, she goes into battle to stop it.

Lee Sung Jae takes on the role of Han Seon Ju’s husband, Shin Myung Seop. After marrying Han, Shin got a job at his mother-in-law’s company and has been on the fast track. He’s the modern-day male version of Cinderella. He’s also a man who commits himself to his family. However, when he is entranced by a woman that’s not his wife, he ends up overstepping a line that should not be crossed.

Yoon Mi Ra, played by Jeon So Min, is a woman who shakes up Shin’s heart. Using her beauty and charms as her weapons, Yoon always stays true to her desires. Coveting Han’s husband Shin, she begins a fierce mind game. Lastly, Hwang Chan Sung turns into Han’s younger brother Han Jung Won. He’s an optimistic and warm-hearted man who loves and relies on his sister. For his older sister, he’s ready to do anything.

This unexpected combination of actors raises curiosity. What kind of story will they unfold together?

Show Window will premiere in November.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

Where will this air? Can I find it on ondemandkorea.com, Kocowa.com, or Viki.com?

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Demen said:

i heard it will be aired from November end

On 11/8/2021 at 10:49 AM, ndnsinger said:

Where will this air? Can I find it on ondemandkorea.com, Kocowa.com, or Viki.com?

Premier date is on November 29, so this is a monday-tuesday drama

press con is on the same day Nov 29  at 2pm

it has been licensed by Viki..

FE46y5oXMAY0kXS?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1