Song Yoon Ah 송윤아

Demen

SONG YOON (YUN) AH

e0114466_2023715.jpg

Profile:

- Name - 송윤아 / Song Yoon Ah (Song Yun Ah) 
- Nationality - South Korean
- Occupation - Actress
- Education - Humanities Degree - Hanyang University
- Birthday - 07-Jun-1973
- Birthplace - Seoul, Korea
- Height - 169cm (5' 6")
- Family - Husband/movie actor Sul Kyung Gu (설경구)
- Children - Sul Seung Yoon

Dramas:

Channel A Show Window: Queen's House (with Lee Sung Jae, Jeon So Min, Hwang Chan Sung, Kim Seung Soo,...)

JTBC Elegant Friends (with Yoo Jun Sang, Bae Soo Bin, Han Da Gam, Kim Hye Eun,...)

SBS Secret Mother (with Kim So Yeon, Song Jae Rim, Kim Tae Woo,...)

tvN The K2 (with Ji Chang Wook, Im Yoon Ah, Jo Sung Ha, Lee Jung Jin,,...)

KBS Assembly (with Jung Jae Young, Taec Yeon, Kim Seo Hyung,...)

MBC Mama (with Jung Joon Ho, Moon Jung Hee, Hong Jong Hyeon,...)

SBS On Air (with Lee Beom Soo, Park Yong Ha, Kim Ha Neul,...)

MBC My Elder Sister (with Kim Seung Soo, Huh Young Ran, Ahn Yoen Hong, Kang Kyung Joon,...)

SBS Hong Kong Express (with Cha In Pyo, Jo Jae Hyun, Kim Hyo Jin, Jung Ae Yeon, Lee Young En, Eric Tsang,...)

SBS Into The Storm (with Kim Suk Hoon, Kim Min Jun, Uhm Ji Won,...)

MBC The Present (with Park Jung Chul, Son Ji Chang, Kim Ji Young,...)

MBC I Love Bear (Kim Kuk Jin, Cho Min Ki,...)
MBC Hotelier (Kim Seung Woo, Bae Yong Jun, Song Hae Gyo, Park Jung Chul, Jeong Joon Ho,...)

SBS 2000 Love Story (Jeong Joon Ho, Yoo Ji Tae,...)
MBC NG Friends (Ahn Jae Wook, Kim Ji Soo, Hong Kyung In,...)

MBC Go! Heaven of Ours (Cho Min Ki, Park Jung Chul,...)
MBC The Street King (Cha In Pyo, Kim Nam Joo,...)
CNZTV White Christmas (self-produced and self-directed)

MBC Advocate (Son Chang Min, Lee Young Ae,...)
KBS Papercrane (Ryu Shi Won, Myung Se Bin,...)
SBS Mr. Q (Kim Hee Sun, Kim Min Jong,...)
MBC Love (Jang Dong Gun, Kim Mi Sook,...)

SBS Over the Horizon
KBS Tears of the Dragon
KBS Legend of my Hometown - The Nine-Tail Fox

KBS Age of Personality

Movies:

2009 Wedding Dress (Lee Ki Woo, Kim Hyang Ki,...)

2008-09 Secret (Cha Seung Won,...)

2006 Lost In Love (Sol Kyung Gu,...)

2006 Arang (Lee Dong Wook,...)

2004 Face (Shin Hyun Jun,...)

2002 Jailbreakers (Sol-Kyung Gu, Cha Seung Won,...)

2000 A Masterpiece in my Life (Park Joong Hoon,...)

1998 Zzang (Cha In Pyo, Jang Hyuk,...)

1997 1818 (Jeong Joon Ho,...)

Awards:

- 2018 - SBS Drama Awards - Top Excellence in Acting for Daily and Weekend Drama (Secret Mother)

- 2015 - 51st Baeksang Arts Awards - Best Lead Actress in television category (Mama)

- 2014 - MBC - Female Top Excellence Special Project Award (Mama)

- 2008 - SBS - Female Top Excellence Award (On Air)

- 2002 - 23rd Blue Dragon Awards - Best Supporting Actress (Jailbreakers)

- 2001 - MBC - Top Acting Award (Hotelier)

- 1998 - SBS - People's Choice Award (Mr. Q)

- 1995 - KBS - Supertalent Contest - Gold Award

websites:

- Yoonaroom (Japanese language)

• Like 1

Hi Demen and other SYA fans

I am glad you set up this thread as I believe she is a talented actress with a beautiful face as well as a beautiful heart. Yoon Ah is my favourite Korean actress. I fell in love with her character "Jin Yeong" in Hotelier. Here is a photo of JY:

behindscene_sya_dr1.jpg

There are some news about her new movie "I Forgot to Say" co-star with Lee Dong Wook:

chinese chosun

Korean News

Thanks Demen for starting the thread of the beautiful and elegant Song Yun Ah! :)

My favourite role of SYA other than the popular Hotelier is “sunmool” Gift coz one of my favourite actors, Park Jung Chul was in it. The not-so-interesting drama which I watched because of her is HK-Express and Into the Storm. I like her character in Jailbreaker ….very funny and her hairstyle…was like ~~wow~~.

She started teaching at Seoul Art College in March 2003 but I am truly thankful she made a comeback in the K-entertainment industry. :D

~~hello to ccbabe~~ :)

Hi Felicia

Other than Hotelier, I have watched 2 other dramas "Love" which SYA played a minor role as a "girl" friend of Jang Dong Gun; and "Paper Crane" with Ryu Shi Won. I haven't got any chances to watch any of her movies due to the availability here in Melbourne, Australia.

I hope this thread will stay alive as she is really a wonderful person.

More pics of JY:

JYinHotelier.jpg

A very sweet couple...

hotelier_01.jpg

Guest ladyzfingers

welcome Demen and CCbabe

hope to see ur posting more often here :D

do support our favorite Yun Ah

her new project is team up together with Lee Dong Wok in "lost in Love"

isnt it?

welcome Demen and CCbabe

hope to see ur posting more often here :D

do support our favorite Yun Ah

her new project is team up together with Lee Dong Wok in "lost in Love"

isnt it?

ladyzfingers dear,

Yun Ah & Dong Wook will work together in a movie titled "I forgot to say" or sth like that while "Lost in love" is the movie which Yun Ah appeared w/ Sul Kyung Goo :P

poster of "Lost in Love", reposted from sya.com

lostlove.jpg

artworks of 'I forgot to say" posted in Dong Wook's thread at soompi

4842cce6eaf397b70ea7e8e454dab4.jpg

65ef3114347af8a9b4f99d966b4c5f.gif

Guest ladyzfingers

ladyzfingers dear,

Yun Ah & Dong Wook will work together in a movie titled "I forgot to say" or sth like that while "Lost in love" is the movie which Yun Ah appeared w/ Sul Kyung Goo :P

poster of "Lost in Love", reposted from sya.com

lostlove.jpg

artworks of 'I forgot to say" posted in Dong Wook's thread at soompi

4842cce6eaf397b70ea7e8e454dab4.jpg

65ef3114347af8a9b4f99d966b4c5f.gif

sorry dear,

i've forgot the title :blush:

but i think,LDW is good looking :D

do posting more

put some drop dead beautiful pics of her here

even her clip of "hotelier moments"

maybe the fans out there would like to share some of sweet moments with us

hehe :D:D

i've sent the "valentine" clip,the hotelier moments version

she likes it...

Guest ripgal

yea.. i agree she's a very good actress. i last saw her in the movie Face with shin hyun joon.. n she was really pretty inside!! too bad she didn't come out with new series.. well i didn't get 2 finish Into the Storm... but i loved her in Hotelier!!

anywayz. im so looking 4ward to her new movie with LDW!! hope she recovers in time 4 the action scenes!!

Thank you for the thread. She is a wonderful actress. Love her in Into the Storm - her best performance IMO. And Hotelier, she and BYJ make the most beautiful couple. They are so compatible: looks, talent, manner and all that you name.

Also in Present, I think she looks pretty cute with Park Chung Chul.

Once again, thank you. I will sure be checking this thread often.

Hi Felicia

Other than Hotelier, I have watched 2 other dramas "Love" which SYA played a minor role as a "girl" friend of Jang Dong Gun; and "Paper Crane" with Ryu Shi Won. I haven't got any chances to watch any of her movies due to the availability here in Melbourne, Australia.

I hope this thread will stay alive as she is really a wonderful person.

More pics of JY:

JYinHotelier.jpg

A very sweet couple...

hotelier_01.jpg

Hi ccbabe! :)

Oh yeah! I almost forgotten her in "LOVE" with JDG. She was very shy in her role as JDG's girlfriend...actually I was pinning for JDG to end up with CJW. She's very pretty and young when she did LOVE. I haven't watched her in Paper Crane....and I must since Ryu Shi Won is one of my fav actors.

My best namja chingu who is into K-drama lives in Gold Coast. She has been watching many K-dramas through trading......and she bought boxes of K-J-T dramas when she's back here for her holidays.

I hope this thread will remain active.... :) and many thanks to all for sharing pictures of SYA!

Was she in Fashion 70s by any chance? Thought she looks so much like the mother.

welcome clride

sorry to say that Yun Ah was not in Fashion 70s :P she was in Hotelier, Street King, Mr. Q, Present, Into the storm, Advocate, Hongkong Express, Love,.... hope you watch some of them huh :w00t:

SYA's newest movie is in Korean Weekly news

March 20, 2006

Korean Weekly News - March 20

============================

FILM NEWS

============================

Although she sometimes took a few turns in comedies, Song Yoon-Ah has mostly been known for her melodramas, just like her latest film 사랑을 놓치다 (Lost in Love). But she'll try to finally shed that image, as she's been cast alongside Lee Dong-Wook in the horror 나를 잊지 말아요 (Don't Forget Me). Although this is the second horror for Song after 2004's 페이스 (Face), her role there wasn't too different from what she'd usually play in melodramas, so her image remained the same. The film is directed by Ahn Sang-Hoon, and will star Song and Lee as two detectives uncovering the truth behind a serial killer's murders. The film already had its opening 'sacrificial' ceremony (the 고사. You know, money in pig's head, bow, rewind, repeat) and started shooting on March 16. An interesting coincidence is that both Song and Lee have been working with an injured leg, as Lee injured it in a minor motorcycle accident while on the set of a Fashion shoot in Thailand, and Song injured an ankle while training for the film. Ahn was producer on Kim Ki-Duk's 나쁜남자 (Bad Guy), and will make his directing debut. Lee Dong-Wook has become increasingly popular after the success of the SBS Drama 마이걸 (My Girl), getting the rub from Lee Da-Hae and Lee Joon-Gi, but also showing he's improving as an actor.

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005483.html#more

Hi ccbabe! :)

Oh yeah! I almost forgotten her in "LOVE" with JDG. She was very shy in her role as JDG's girlfriend...actually I was pinning for JDG to end up with CJW. She's very pretty and young when she did LOVE. I haven't watched her in Paper Crane....and I must since Ryu Shi Won is one of my fav actors.

My best namja chingu who is into K-drama lives in Gold Coast. She has been watching many K-dramas through trading......and she bought boxes of K-J-T dramas when she's back here for her holidays.

I hope this thread will remain active.... :) and many thanks to all for sharing pictures of SYA!

Yes, the ending of "Love" was kinda unexpected. :o But I love that ending because SYA and JDG are my fav K actress and actor. It would be wonderful if they can work together in a new romantic drama. :blush: :w00t: They did appeare on stage together at the 2004 Blue Dragon Awards Ceremony where JDG received the the Best Actor Award with the film "Taegukgi". They look very compatible in all aspects: age, height, talent, acting skill etc. I will be jumping up and down like that if that's really happening 36_1_33.gif. Let's pray...

It's good to read all the news about SYA lately. All the best with her new movie with LDW.

Here's another shot of her in the recent movie "Lost in Love":

001.jpg

Yes, the ending of "Love" was kinda unexpected. :o But I love that ending because SYA and JDG are my fav K actress and actor. It would be wonderful if they can work together in a new romantic drama. :blush: :w00t: They did appeare on stage together at the 2004 Blue Dragon Awards Ceremony where JDG received the the Best Actor Award with the film "Taegukgi". They look very compatible in all aspects: age, height, talent, acting skill etc. I will be jumping up and down like that if that's really happening 36_1_33.gif. Let's pray...

It's good to read all the news about SYA lately. All the best with her new movie with LDW.

Here's another shot of her in the recent movie "Lost in Love":

001.jpg

I agree with you on the compatibility look of SYA & JDG! :D I read that JDG was not happy while filming LOVE as his love interest was originally a much older woman whom at that time of airing created some uproar due to the pairing (some Korean viewers couldn't accept an older actress pairing with a younger guy). Later, they "killed off" her character and CJW was engaged after the 8th episode (I think) to salvage the drama. So, it was not an original plot .... :rolleyes: but it was worth watching all the great actors in that drama. Yeap! I saw both of them in that ceremony.....perfectly good looking couple...if only they had a chance to collaborate again! :D

Thanks Demen for sharing everything with us on SYA! Am looking forward to her new movie with the current hottie hunk Lee Dong Wook...who shot to sudden fame after My Girl...... :o

Guest ripgal

I agree with you on the compatibility look of SYA & JDG! :D I read that JDG was not happy while filming LOVE as his love interest was originally a much older woman whom at that time of airing created some uproar due to the pairing (some Korean viewers couldn't accept an older actress pairing with a younger guy). Later, they "killed off" her character and CJW was engaged after the 8th episode (I think) to salvage the drama. So, it was not an original plot .... :rolleyes: but it was worth watching all the great actors in that drama. Yeap! I saw both of them in that ceremony.....perfectly good looking couple...if only they had a chance to collaborate again! :D

Thanks Demen for sharing everything with us on SYA! Am looking forward to her new movie with the current hottie hunk Lee Dong Wook...who shot to sudden fame after My Girl...... :o

ooohhhh.. LOVE!!! i have seen that series b4!! but i didn't finish it. yeah.. cos i didn't really like the older lady Kim Mi Suk.. i remember her! but they actually killed her off? why? aww.. no wonder JDG was not happy.. so how did they continue after ep 8? CJW was replaced as the older woman or he met another woman? so who did he end up with? SYA or CJW? sorry.. but i really wana know. cos there's another side to the story.. cos i thought he would finally end up with KMS...

ooohhhh.. LOVE!!! i have seen that series b4!! but i didn't finish it. yeah.. cos i didn't really like the older lady Kim Mi Suk.. i remember her! but they actually killed her off? why? aww.. no wonder JDG was not happy.. so how did they continue after ep 8? CJW was replaced as the older woman or he met another woman? so who did he end up with? SYA or CJW? sorry.. but i really wana know. cos there's another side to the story.. cos i thought he would finally end up with KMS...

Hi Ripgal! :)

Frankly, this drama was kind of a bit slow moving...the story plot. JDG chose SYA over CJW but he had developed feelings for CJW and later diverted his attention to SYA (probably with a promise made to her brother to take care of her). JDG's role as Jung In-Ha is more reserved and he hardly speaks out his mind. Kim Mi Sook died due to illness and he was totally devastated over her death. In my opinion, there's not much room for any of the leads to display their acting skill. Perhaps SARANG was an older drama (1998) and the actors were not so experienced in their portrayal...a bit raw. Just my opinion!

Nevertheless, this drama demonstrates how the power of public opinion can change the course of a drama. Korean viewers were upset by the older woman-younger man storyline of this drama, so a new writer was brought in and the storyline changed half-way through the drama. :o

Sorry, if I've in some way gone off-topic in the discussion of this drama, LOVE. <_<

Thanks Felicia for the info about "Love". It's interesting to know that they changed the story because of the pressure of the public viewers. :huh: Anyway, I am glad that SYA ended up with JDG though. :)

Back to SYA, I hope she recovers quickly from her injury. I did not watch any work of LDW but understand that he's a rising star from the recent drama "My girl". Hope the new movie will be a successful one. :rolleyes: