Hayden Panettiere's Letter To Japanese Fishing Agency Abt Dolphins & Slaughtering

Guest Vino de Jerez

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xflyhigher

why not help the homeless, world hunger , global warming etc etc ..... why dolphins........ lol

Hayden can help dolphins if she wants to. There is already work being done with homeless, global warming (if only a little--and its not as urgent as Bill Clinton makes it sound). SOMEONE has to do smoething about the other problems, right? And beside, animals are as important a matter anyway.

Guest Sakura Li

Wow... Some heated conversations here... O___o

I personally think that the issue with what is more important, humans or animals, simply cannot be answered. Some say that animals are just as important as humans so doesn't that put everything on the same level and then goes back to the start of the circle? People fighting for animals and people fighting for people are, in my opinion, both right.

Then this leads to the issue of Ms. Panettiere verbally attacking other humans. I keep thinking "if a third world country was doing the same thing, would she attack them as a whole and not just a certain group?" I mean, if it's about the principles, nothing would be different right? I wonder...

Some are like "At least she's doing some thing and not just sitting at her computer" but in reality, isn't that what she did? =/ I mean, she did type that letter and used spell check countless of times, didn't she? Ok ok ok, I apologize for the spell check comment. And also, do you think she would've gotten all of this publicity if she was an ordinary citizen? Yes she's using the power she has but when it comes to her power, she doesn't have as much as she's using. A star of "heroes" wants me to boycott all Japanese goods. Ok. I'll stop paying for my Subaru and Toyota. I won't use any of my toshiba products. No Japanese tea or sushi for me. I rather die than eat Pocky. All just because Panettiere said so because she doesn't like what some Japanese people are doing. Yeah, go Hayden! =/

You think Hayden is the only one fighting against whaling and dolphin killing? People have being doing just that way before she was even born but they chose not to get the media involved. Though it might not be her main motive to look good on tv, it's still a motive. Instead of saying "I don't care if the Japanese arrest me" on American tv, how about flying over there? I believe that the media only makes situations more problematic and instead of acting like a delinquent, she should go over there out of her comfort zone, and fight legally. Anyone can write an angry letter. Anyone.

Ahhh... I think I might get a bashing of a life time after I post this up but I must repeat that this was my own opinion on the situation. Like what so many people posted before, everyone has their right to their opinion, right? Go Hayden or Boo Hayden. Doesn't matter, right?

The issue here is no longer about the commercial slaughter of dolphins and whales; it's about a teenage American tv character attacking a country and all of its people. Isn't one of her costars Japanese? I wonder what kind of conversations they have during lunch breaks. =/

Guest minazzang

concerning the not killing doplhins and whales.

hmm

why not?

because they're cute? that's just discrimination!

think about all those pigs that get killed, or cows.

should that be ok just because they're not as cute as dolphins? or not as intelligent? hehe sry I just find it stupid..

if one should not kill dolhins, one should not kill sheeps, snakes, spiders, mice, goats, cows, horses, whales, dogs, cats, chickens, lions, elephants, salmon, cod, crockodiles, moose, deer, shark, reindeer, bear, seal, +++

if not it's just discrimination ^_~

I think you're missing the point here.

Unlike some of the farm animals u named in your list (like cows,chickens, and etc), the large amount of killing in dolphins/whales (ESP. whales) is leading to a huge depression in their population. I don't think killing cows and chickens are going to lead to an extinction any time soon, b/c ppl are constantly breeding them. But the only way to ensure sea animals like whales from being endangered is to protect them from further slaughter.

That's why killing whales is a touchy subject. What happens when they're extinct? b/c we killed them off for some temporary enjoyment as food? would u want that?

Japan is making the excuse to kill whales/dolphins for "scientific research". But the reason why their research is mocked is b/c the researched meat ultimately used for food. So one might say, "well.. if we're gonna use them for research, then why not just put the meat for use? Instead of just disposing it afterwards?". Well, many have stated that their so called "scientific research" can be done w/out harming the whales/dolphins. And Terry Irwin is is out to prove that fact.

And Hayden's letter might be too severe for some. But it doesn't seem like Japan will stop any time soon..so what does it matter?

It shows her passion and how she's been affected by it. And Frankly, I side with her. I'd right a harsh letter If i went and witnessed the inhumane

way they've been slaughtering the dolphins/whales too..

why not help the homeless, world hunger , global warming etc etc ..... why dolphins........ lol

^Quite agree.

If she's going to stop the slaughtering of dolphins,

why not help the homeless, world hunger and stop global warming as well?

Might as well help human beings to survive, if you're going to protect animals.

Her letter was...quite aggressive?

But heck, she's got some guts to voice her beliefs.

So kudos to her<3

Guest system_chaos

I still think it was a harsh letter. It's different when you want to show your PASSION, and when you're already criticizing one country, calling them ignorant, when it's not really their whole country's fault. I appreciate her fighting for the dolphins, though I'd have taken another route into making it happen if I were her. I never really liked this girl... now I think I have an inkling as to why.

Guest killthecandy

i love love love love love hayden for doing that. more celebrities should use the power they have to do good for humans/enviroment/animals.

Guest angelbride

for all the negative debbie-downer's:

at least she's doing _something_.

and i don't think it's fair for one to say a life is worth more than another.

most celebs don't even really use their money/fame to do anything good

except to further their own status.

at least this is something.

She sounds like an ignorant, xenophobic, and spoiled child. I love how her facts come from scientists that work for her organization and how EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG!

And I love how she says Japan looks like an idiot... when she herself said the MAJORITY of Japan is against it, yet she chooses to punish the whole country by boycotting EVERYTHING from there. She probably only has Japanese electronics.

seriously.

judging from her lines of logic in the letter, she's comes off as an idiot, and needs to get off her high horse. her writing is not "eloquent" at ALL.

and honestly, it doesn't matter if they are extinct or not. how big of a difference do dolphins make to the chaotic world right now? not much.

there are more important issues to deal with than dolphins. she needs to stop playing this pretentious miss morality stunt and stfu.

why should they stop killing dolphins? we kill all sorts of animals; where are the petitions for the cows, chickens, pigs?

they've been killing dolphins for centuries before it became such an issue. why stop now? because they're going to be extinct soon?

then how about we stop killing the pigs, the cows, the chickens, etc etc. before they TOO become extinct? it's bound to happen sooner or later.

people need to shut up about this. dolphins are NOT endangered (not that it matters), and they don't kill enough of them to threaten its existence.

the number of deer we kill in the US (deer are cute, too) are more detrimental to the 'cycle' than the number of dolphins they kill in japan.

and for the size and per capita aspects of a nation and its government, australia beats japan by infinity when it comes to animal cruelty.

cows suffer far more for our gains than dolphins do. they are genetically modified, injected with all sorts of crap, artificially insemenated and for lack of a better term, sexually assaulted for milk...all in the end, to be feasted upon by US.

i wonder if hayden panettiere sees the face of a cow when she picks up her big mac. probably not..cows aren't as cute as dolphins, and they 'moo', rather than squeal. =)

Archived