[tv] Samantha Who?

weirdnshort

Comedy (2007-present)
samanthawhos01e01hdtvxvpc9.jpg

Samantha Who? is an American television comedy series starring Emmy Award winner Christina Applegate and created by Cecelia Ahern and Don Todd. Todd also serves as executive producer alongside Peter Traugott, with Ahern and Applegate (Married... with Children) producing. The show is about a 30-year-old vice president of a real estate company named Chapman and Funk who, after becoming the victim of a hit-and-run accident, develops amnesia and has to rediscover her life, her relationships and herself.

Samantha Who? was, for its first seven episodes, the highest-rated freshman sitcom of the 2007-2008 TV season.

Plot

When Samantha Newly gets hit by a car she falls into a coma for eight days. After those eight days, she wakes up and cannot recall the simplest things about her past. She now has amnesia. Before her accident, Sam was an evil person, even being cruel to her boyfriend Todd. Now Sam must try and change her past.

Cast

* Christina Applegate as Samantha "Sam" Newly

o Main character

* Kevin Dunn as Howard Newly

o Samantha's dad

* Jennifer Esposito as Andrea

o Samantha's best friend

* Melissa McCarthy as Dena

o Samantha's childhood friend (She's "Suki" from Gilmore Girls :D)

* Tim Russ as Frank

o Doorman

* Jean Smart as Regina Newly

o Samantha's mom

* Barry Watson as Todd

o Samantha's ex-boyfriend (He's "Matt" from Seventh Heaven)

credits: Wiki

I just watched episodes 1-8 yesterday :D

I highly recommend it. Sam essentially acts like a teenager. It's hilarious how she struggles to become independent, at the same time, it's heartwarming how she tries to mend her relationships and start anew.

Guest alcyone

i'm watching this sitcom too. Christina Applegate is great in this sitcom. The latest episode, where she pushed the car to the lake.....man....hahahahaha classic

oo there are fans :D

what were your favourite scenes?

My was the very sappy ending... i think of ep. 7? or 6... where she eats icecream with her dad.

I think that Todd still has feelings for Samantha... they'll probably get together in the future. How did a nice guy like him end up with her?

Andrea is hilarious... she's gorgeous and she knows it :P She reminds me of "Amanda" (?) from ugly betty

Guest HeffyEnd

I really like this show, I've liked Applegate for a long time so I decided to start watching it.

The ratings have dipped btw, a lot, since Dancing With the Stars ended. Like 40% or more. It started out really strong, like the second highest rated comedy on TV, now it's only bringing in about 8 million. It'll definitely stick around for the rest of it's season though (depending on the writers strike anyway). But I'm not too worried about it. It has a lot going for it.

Guest makemyday

i wasnt going to watch this show cause everytime the previews/trailers come on, i dont think any of it is funny

but i keep hearing about how good it is

so maybe i'll try it out.

i cant find all the episodes on abc.com

any clue where else to find the pilot + previous episodes?

i would appreciate it :)

i wasnt going to watch this show cause everytime the previews/trailers come on, i dont think any of it is funny

but i keep hearing about how good it is

so maybe i'll try it out.

i cant find all the episodes on abc.com

any clue where else to find the pilot + previous episodes?

i would appreciate it :)

hm i get mine off of bittorent:

http://www.eztv.it/index.php

or http://www.mininova.org/

it doesn't take too long since there are lots of seeders..

Guest alcyone

the one with the father and ice cream is such a good episode! i teared a bit.

I was kinda disappointed with Todd when saw Samantha's picture after the friend's wedding, i think he deleted the picture didn't he?

Andrea always looks and talks like she's drunk :P

Guest alcyone

and poor samantha came to his house only to find him "running" with another girl....hehehehe it's obvious that she's jealous. sigh....but i bet that they're gonna get together, only it'll be a slow progress

• 5 months later...
Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

does anyone still watch samantha who? i think season finale either just passed or is coming up soon.

im so happy that

samantha and todd are together but too bad that he's cheating on his gf

Guest alcyone

yeahh still watching this sitcom...i wonder why there aren't many viewers....

i love the part where

Todd came to the birthday party with the balloons, and acted as if he just met Sam for the first time

..it's sweet...

Guest JenniFOO

I love this show!! and yes I agree with ^. I loveeeeeeeeeee Andrea. And I love Andrea and Samantha's mom's interaction. They're sooo effing funny. I think this is a great show. But it doesn't seem to be as popular as it should be. And it's too short! Half an hour is not enough for me! haha

Barry Watson is so handsome too. Pure love. haha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nana

I love the concept of this show and I really love the humor. Definitely one of my favorites even though funny comedies usually don't top the list for me.

Christina Applegate as Samantha is soooo adorable. I just love all the characters to Samantha, her parents, friends and even her door man.

Guest c0nfuz3d

<3 this show.

is season 1 done already?

todd so sweet when he went to samatha's bday to start all over again. aww.

can't wait for the next episodes.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^yeah the birthday episode was the season finale. fall is just so far away for the shows to start again :[

todd was really sweet and the whole balloon thing was cute. but i felt iffy about him after finding out that

he got with his gf (exgf) before officially breaking up with sam...

Archived