Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

So Yeon and Eugene know each other. I know that Soyeon presented a music show (Inkigayo 1997-1999) and I am sure she presented SES (Eugene`s former group) too. Beside that, both have the same best friend, Bada. 

Funny fact. Eugene worked with Lee sang Woo in All About My Mom and So yeon and Eugene`s husband, Ki Tae young were in the same drama (Mother of Mine) as well but they did not have many scenes together.

bzuzOA.gif

In Penthouse they will play two characters who hate each other. :w00t:

From the video from the first script reading, I realised every character is angry with someone. The isterical angry one was Seo jin (So yeon`s character). I know that this drama is about "War in Life", but I hope there aren`t many screaming/ shouting scenes. Let`s have a cat fight (in Sky castle we saw one cat fight) and get over it.

BTW, So yeon looked great at the event. I like her hair. The last time I saw her with black hair was in 2012 in sageuk The Great Seer.

photo1241103.jpg&key=2dae71ca293edd72d7d

120131746_4037998206216878_2384584756022

source

• Like 1

Now pictures from Noblesse online magazine.

Actress Soyeon Kim's rosy face

Actress Kim So-yeon's time blooms with elegant skin at night with the Lancome Absolue Collection.

a78221e7abf9e03bimage7.jpg

387c0eee8901cabcimage2.jpg

a80f5e9aac1ed31eimage3.jpg

Spoiler

071666e1d5d0769dimage4.jpg

28af408494d4b3f5image5.jpg

fc7dc525dc217d2bimage6.jpg

819f874948006f89image1.jpg

She sends an alluring glance as if conscious of the gaze of her own. The graceful glow that wraps around her skin only captures the gaze that secretly pursues her. The skin that can feel the strong energy as well as the subtle radiance is thanks to the vitality of thousands of roses in Absolue Cream. The lips that add a mysterious feeling to her beauty are expressed by touching Absolue Rouge Intimate #226, which features a soft soft matte texture.

The representative product of Absolue Collection selected by actor Kim So-yeon is Absolue Soft Cream. It is an anti-aging cream that contains the strong vitality of thousands of roses. The delicate texture that touches the skin adds an elegant ritual effect to a woman's beauty routine. The texture that melts at the moment of application wraps the skin like silk, creating a radiant skin with an elegant glow.

https://www.noblesse.com/home/news/magazine/detail.php?no=10279

She has a perfect skin for this type of advertising.

I am glad that I saw So yeon in a magazine pictorial this year. I hope her role in Penthouse to attract attention and I will see her doing an interview as well. She did not have a pictorial interview for some time.

• Like 1

Cast of SBS’s Penthouse gathers for first script reading

by tccolb

psr11.jpg

A new SBS drama is in the works called Penthouse, and stills have now been released featuring the cast and crew at the first script reading.

The story takes place at a luxury penthouse building where tensions are high between the different residents, particularly for the mothers who are determined for their children to have the best of the best. The group comprises of women described as an unapproachable queen, an ambitious prima donna, and a social climber among others. Whether it be the price of their home, education, or their children, everyone is striving to be number one.

In a large ensemble cast, Lee Jia (The Ghost Detective) plays the refined and elegant Shim Soo-ryun. Described as having gentle but charismatic, she was born into a wealthy family and has always been part of high society.

Eom Ki-joon plays Lee’s husband, Joo Dan-tae. Detail-oriented and intuitive, he’s well known for his many successes in property management and business investments which have added to his wealth.

Kim So-yeon (Mother of Mine) takes on the role of perfectionist Chun Seo-jin. Glamorous and proud, she was also born rich and is the prima donna of the group. Kim’s husband is played by Yoon Jong-hoon (Memorist), Ha Yoon-chul, an ambitious character who thinks men need to have both money and power.

In contrast, Eugene (All About My Mom) plays Oh Yoon-hee, who comes from a less affluent background and worked hard her whole life to make money. Shin Eun-kyung (An Empress’s Dignity) plays a nouveau-riche character named Kang Mi-ri, who is described as living a secretive double life.

Bong Tae-kyu (Doctor Detective) plays lawyer Lee Kyu-jin, the only son from a chaebol family. His announcer wife Go Sung-ah is played by Yoon Joon-hee (Let Me Hear Your Song).

And last but not least, Park Eun-seok (Doctor Prisoner) plays high school phys-ed teacher Gu Ho-dong.

Supporting cast also includes Jin Ji-hee (100 Days, My Prince), Ha Do-kwon (Stove League), and Lee Chul-min (Chief of Staff 2) among others.

On the production side, the writer-director team who produced An Empress’s Dignity, Kim Soon-ok and PD Joo Dong-min, will be working together again for Penthouse. Considering how wild and fun An Empress’s Dignity turned out to be, here’s hoping their reunion will result in another success.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/cast-of-sbss-penthouse-gathers-for-first-script-reading/

• Like 1

Penthouse teaser

Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) is soo bad already. :lol: I look forward to see her outfits in this drama.

UHKVMSBVU5JTPP43N6ZYECIJ5Q.jpg

Penthouse' unveiled the first teaser video that concentrated the anxiety, confusion, hatred and anger of the characters, announcing the birth of a real estate and educational suspense play that will shake Korea.

If the mood teaser video released on the 22nd contains the unique atmosphere of ‘Penthouse’, in this first teaser video, the intense appearance of characters, dialogue, and scenes that stand out from the view of Hera Palace draw attention. First, the narration of Yoonhee Oh (Yujin), saying, “The house where I live is the world of that person's personality and power” echoed, and Sim Soo-ryun (Jia Jiah), who lives in the highest penthouse in Hera Palace, boasted an elegant yet elegant figure appears.

Above all, the voice of a reporter referring to the Hera Palace in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Yoon-hee Oh, who checks the Hera Palace drawn on the map, and people dressed in dresses and decorations that appear only in the Middle Ages were dancing. It stimulates curiosity about Hera Palace, an ultra-luxurious high-rise apartment building, which is the main stage.

Following this, Sang-ah Go (Joo-hee Yoon) shouts, "Because our Hera Palace is not a place where anyone can enter," and Seo-jin Cheon (So-yeon Kim), Mari Kang (Eun-kyung Shin) and Sang-ah Go are walking in the middle of the luxurious lobby. Turn off. In particular, Dan-tae Ju's toast of “For the glorious glory of Hera Palace” and people enjoying parties arouse interest in their own world, deeply immersed in money and power.

Moreover, “the world only listens to the stories of powerful people”, “Money is a talent and a lot of talent, talent? After the narration that contains the harsh reality of "I don't need all of that," Seojin Cheon and Yoonhee Oh, who are living 180-degree different lives, are drawn.
In addition, while Oh Yoon-hee is throwing a trophy and expressing strong anger, the tension is multiplying with the words "I'll make you live here even if I sell half of my mother's heart" and the figure of heating an iron rod on fire. Finally, Seojin Cheon whispers to Yoonhee Oh, "Even if you kill anyone... you're a strong kid", making viewers fall into eerie thrill, raising curiosity in the stories of the characters surrounding Hera Palace.

The production crew said, “In the first teaser video, we tried to reveal the appearance of Hera Palace, an ultra-luxurious high-rise apartment that everyone wants to move in, and the close relationship between Seojin Cheon and Yoonhee Oh.” “The actors' solid acting skills, intense narrative, and sensational direction In addition, please look forward to the'Penthouse', which will become an addictive suspense play that has never been seen anywhere else.”

Meanwhile, SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama “Penthouse” will be aired for the first time on October 26, following “Do you like Brahms?”.
(Google translate)
  • Like 1

Watch: Eugene, Kim So Yeon, And More Obsess Over Power And Success In Teaser For New Drama “Penthouse”

4ab2c085f374479a9bdca026b470dc14.jpeg?s=

Sep 29, 2020
by C. Lee

Upcoming SBS drama “Penthouse” has released a new teaser!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

In the teaser, Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) sets a dramatic tone when she says, “It’s a world where the house one lives in is their personality and amount of power.” Meanwhile, Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah) is dressed elegantly as she walks through her home on the top floor of the penthouse Hera Palace.

Oh Yoon Hee marks the location of Hera Palace on a map, and scenes of dancing hint at what kind of luxury the apartment could provide. Sounding distressed, Go Sang Ah (Yoon Joo Hee) then says, “Hera Palace isn’t open to just anyone!” The video cuts to show Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon), Kang Ma Ri (Shin Eun Kyung), and Go Sang Ah walking through the lobby as a powerful trio.

Next, Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) raises his glass in honor of Hera Palace, and a voice-over narrates, “The world only listens to the powerful.” Another character cries, “Money is talent. Having connections is talent. Talent? I don’t need anything like that.”

Suddenly, Oh Yoon Hee throws a trophy against a row of framed pictures in anger, and in a change of mood, she says, “I’ll have you live here even if it means selling half of my heart.”

At the end of the clip, Chun Seo Jin whispers to Oh Yoon Hee, “Even if it means killing someone… You’re a strong one.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428691wpp/watch-eugene-kim-so-yeon-and-more-obsess-over-power-and-success-in-teaser-for-new-drama-penthouse

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon Talks About Her Bold Transformation In Upcoming Drama “Penthouse”

3db35abf85db4e94abe07f9d1acd80d1.jpeg?s=

Sep 30, 2020
by L. Kim

Kim So Yeon will be undergoing an epic transformation in the new SBS drama “Penthouse”!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, EugeneUhm Ki JoonShin Eun KyungBong Tae GyuYoon Jong HoonPark Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

Kim So Yeon will take the role of Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors a warped ambition. She is the daughter of the chairman of the Chunga Foundation and a glamorous soprano. Cheon Seo Jin is the queen bee of the Hera Club, and she believes that the world should revolve around her. Moreover, she will double the tension in the drama by having a strained rivalry with Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene), a woman who has never once experienced wealth but will do anything for her children’s success.

Through this new role, Kim So Yeon will show a darker side of herself that has never been seen before. The drama recently shared a first glimpse of her lavish and greedy character. Kim So Yeon perfectly poses as the successful prima donna Cheon Seo Jin by wearing colorful accessories and elegant dresses. Her bold red lipstick enhances her sharp features, and her lips are curved upwards in a mysterious, daunting smile. She showcases cold-blooded charisma with just her appearance, and the drama has hinted she’s a power-hungry being who will do anything to get what she wants.

kim-so-yeon-11.jpg

Kim So Yeon shared, “I wanted to act in writer Kim Soon Ok’s work one day, so I’m honored to have this opportunity. The script is so amazing, and I know I would’ve regretted it if I hadn’t met this drama. I’m doing my best with a grateful heart.”

Then she added, “Director Joo Dong Min really loves this drama, and he puts a lot of effort into filming each scene, so I become inspired to work harder as well. Thanks to his ideas, I’m able to portray my character in a better way. I’m really grateful for his help.”

She also talked about the atmosphere of the drama set, saying, “I’m working with many charming actors I’ve been wanting to meet, and I’m learning a lot from them. The atmosphere on set is really great, and I’m having a lot fun filming. I am doing my best to meet you through the role of Cheon Seo Jin, so please look forward to it!”

kim-so-yeon-2.jpg

The production team of “Penthouse” shared, “We are happy to work with Kim So Yeon who will make the drama shine with her strong acting skills. Kim So Yeon’s unconventional transformation will be beyond your imagination. Please watch to see how the story of Cheon Seo Jin will unfold, and how she will add tension to the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428736wpp/kim-so-yeon-talks-about-her-bold-transformation-in-upcoming-drama-penthouse

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

Interesting read so far.

It looks like So yeon will play a character who will surpass the wicked ambitious of Young Mi from All About Eve. Let support out Sso in this challenging role. I hope she will get exposer after this role.

• Like 1

Three Queens Face Off in First Stills of Kim So Yeon, Lee Ji Ah and Eugene for SBS Drama Penthouse

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/10/01/three-queens-face-off-in-first-stills-of-kim-so-yeon-lee-ji-ah-and-eugene-for-sbs-k-drama-penthouse/

e042b951205b2db6818d9666e1527c6449b37b51

315cf0d14118970ce9ce60a6c645bca508a6bede

So Yeon uploaded a few pictures on her Instagram from All for You shooting.

SoYeon`s Instagram

source 2

• Like 1

Spoiler

2b7638b5d895b95c2d0e2a046bab5a2b3ec600da

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/penthouse/cast/66540#0_0

2424f70d26d43e2effd59bf8219ba877fe6f6183

Seojin Cheon (43 years old)

Ha Yoon-cheol's wife. Eunbyul Ha's mother.

The natural gold spoon. The Cheong-A Foundation. Famous soprano. The queen bee of “Hera Club”.

A woman who must be the center of the world. I get what I want somehow. Whether it's someone else's dream or another woman's man.
The spotlight was always shining on Seojin. The titles “Korea's Best Soprano”, “Cheong-A Foundation Chairman's Daughter”, and “Num Sa-Bye Um Chin-Ah” have always been enough to draw her attention. She always won first place in Cheong-A kindergarten, Cheong-A Elementary School, and Cheong-A Ye-jung with enough skills without using the back of her parents.

Her husband Yun-cheol was also an ambitious man. The family was terrible, but he was a sincere person enough to aim for the next hospital chief. Seo Jin also did his own help to place him in the position of the VIP dedicated surgeon. Everything seemed to be in place.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/penthouse/cast/66540#0_1

There are litle changes from the other character description. the age of seo jin is 43 not 38. She has one daugher not two. And the description is not that detayled like the previous.

Second teaser

Instagram

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Ji Ah, Uhm Ki Joon, Kim So Yeon, And More Struggle For Power In Chilling New Teaser For “Penthouse”

6b8d81009f564d7a9354f8c07c0ac5b5.jpeg?s=

Oct 11, 2020
by S. P

SBS has revealed a new suspense-filled teaser for the upcoming drama “Penthouse”!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, which is the pinnacle of success in her eyes. The drama will also touch on women who have no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

The teaser opens as Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah) whispers, “You are forever mine,” while sharing a kiss with her husband Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon). Joo Dan Tae then ominously says, “Pitiful. If she didn’t know anything she wouldn’t have died,” as someone falls into the penthouse fountain. While Shim Soo Ryeon looks on in fright, a mysterious figure approaches her with a threatening pair of scissors.

The scene then cuts to a woman pushing someone down the stairs as a voice says urgently, “That woman is a murderer.” Shim Soo Ryeon then holds up a trophy with a murderous glare as Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) says, “There’s something suspicious about your wife.” Her anger continues as she smashes a golf club on the ground in the following clip. Joo Dan Tae then promises, “We’ll get through this crisis this time as well,” amidst scenes of a glamorous party.

The chilling atmosphere returns as Shim Soo Ryeon visits the scene of an accident. Chun Seo Jin threatens, “Stop messing with me. There’s a limit to my patience.” The teaser comes to an end as Shim Soo Ryun furiously warns, “If you don’t want to die, shut your mouth and talk with me. Otherwise, I’m going to expose everything.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1430844wpp/watch-lee-ji-ah-uhm-ki-joon-kim-so-yeon-and-more-struggle-for-power-in-chilling-new-teaser-for-penthouse

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Kim So Yeon 김소연 - Upcoming Drama: Penthouse - Premieres on October 26th

Character posters

"Elegant beauty-alluring beauty-reversal beauty, no one can cross!"

https://newsimg.sedaily.com/2020/10/14/1Z94NL5SCE_1.jpg

SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama “Penthouse” Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, and Yujin overwhelmed the eyes with an unfamiliar aura.

In this regard, on the 14th, Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, and Yujin unveiled a “three-person character poster” that reveals each atmosphere entwined with revenge, vanity, and desire. First, Ji-A Lee, who plays Sim Su-ryun under intense red lighting, is staring at the front with her eyes filled with sadness and anger at the same time. In addition, the site is expressing a bloody, bloody vengeful spirit with the words "you can never forgive those who made you this way" “Penthouse” Queen Shim Su-ryun, who has everything, is raising questions about what kind of story is hiding.

Soyeon Kim, who plays Seo-jin Cheon, creates a sense of extreme tension with gorgeous accessories and alluring red lips in the cold purple light. The phrase “the world only listens to powerful people” is added to this, giving a glimpse into the life of Seojin Cheon, covered with distorted desires and vanity.

Lastly, Yujin, who plays Oh Yoon-hee, wrapped in a half-and-half mixed light of red and purple, is sending a sharp gaze with a sad expression full of poison. The phrase “I'll let you live here even if I sell my mother's heart in half” conveys strong aspiration and fright, and stimulates curiosity about how Oh Yoon-hee's life, who will run toward desire, will flow.

On the other hand, Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, and Yujin showed off their different charms at the poster shoot. Ji-A Lee, who arrived at the scene with a gentle smile, expressed admiration for Shim Soo-ryun, a ‘woman stained with revenge’, with sad expressions and anger eyes. In addition, Kim So-yeon, who consistently lit up the set with a unique bright smile, exudes perfect instinct and sharp charisma as a “woman stained with vanity” Cheon Seo-jin as the camera lighted up. Eugene, who gave energy to the scene with a bright smile, fascinated the viewers by portraying Oh Yoon-hee, a "woman stained with desire" with a freely changing expression and a fascinating pose.

The production crew said, “Though life is different, we projected the stories of three women, Shim Su-ryun, Cheon Seo-jin, Oh Yun-hee, and three women who had no choice but to become evil women for their children. Please look forward to the fantastic hot acting that will be done.”

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1Z94NL5SCE

57d4ea4ca8ed4b6691df99ef2dcdbdacba96f8e6

• Like 1

The cast of SBS drama Penthouse playing X & O Desire Talk (True or False)

I wish there are translation for this video. I like how they have a good time. 

In an article interview, Lee Ji Ah talked about her role and her costars. She said about So yeon : "Actress Kim So-yeon appears as an intense character, but in reality, she has a weird, cute, and kind charm."

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/15/ONNI6WX6FVWHYYIAIDLYURSVJU/

Of course, the shyest and kindest from the caat is playing the greatest villainess of Penthouse. :D

• Like 1

Lee Ji Ah, Eugene, And Kim So Yeon Stun In Impactful “Penthouse” Character Posters

05ec9aa879a64e5eb594901febd0527e.jpeg?s=

Oct 15, 2020
by S. Cho

SBS has released gorgeous “Penthouse” character posters for Lee Ji Ah, Eugene, and Kim So Yeon!

“Penthouse” is about a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, which is the pinnacle of success in her eyes. The drama will also touch on women who have no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves.

Lee Ji Ah’s bright red poster shows both sadness and anger. She plays the role of Shim Soo Ryeon, a graceful, elegant, and dignified woman who has never been poor in her life and is a bona fide penthouse queen. Her poster caption says, “I will never be able to forgive the people who made you like this.”

Eugene plays Oh Yoon Hee, a woman who would do anything for her and her daughter’s success. Her poster, which combines both purple and red light, shares a message to her daughter, reading, “Even if mom has to sell half my heart, I’ll make sure you get to live here.”

Wrapped in dark purple lighting, Kim So Yeon shows off her extravagant accessories, bold red lip, and powerful gaze as Cheon Seo Jin. Cheon Seo Jin is a wealthy, showy, and arrogant woman and the daughter of the Chunga Foundation chairman. Her poster reads, “The world only listens to those who have power.”

Kim-So-Yeon.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431846wpp/lee-ji-ah-eugene-and-kim-so-yeon-stun-in-impactful-penthouse-character-posters

Characters chart

glT1602805716033.png

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/penthouse/curation/66956

• Like 1