Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, And More Confirm For Upcoming SBS Drama

https://6.viki.io/image/6ba866d9b365452ba63b53956fe56040.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 2, 2020
by R. Jun

SBS has revealed the main cast of their upcoming drama called “Penthouse” (literal title).

September 2, the network said the new Monday-Tuesday drama has been confirmed to air this year, and that the main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves.

Creating the drama together are writer Kim Soon Ok (“Return,” “The Last Empress“) and director Joo Dong Min (“The Last Empress”).

Lee Ji Ah will be playing Shim Soo Ryeon, a graceful, elegant, dignified woman who has never once been poor in her life and is a bona fide penthouse queen.

Kim So Yeon is Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors a warped ambition.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1423058wpp/lee-ji-ah-kim-so-yeon-eugene-and-more-confirm-for-upcoming-sbs-drama

• Like 1

Kim So-yeon confirmed to appear on SBS'Penthouse'... Confrontation with Eugene [Official]

2020090214095021072_1.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon appears in SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse'.

'Penthouse', which is scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of this year, is an inaccessible queen of the 100-floor penthouse VS the prima donna of the desire to devour everything VS. It is a drama about real estate and education wars.

In the play, Kim So-yeon takes on the role of the perfect prima donna, Cheon Seo-jin, who is the crystal of splendor and prodigy with a natural gold spoon. She, who will reveal her perverse aspect of her desires, is going to create a confrontation with Yujin, who plays Oh Yoon-hee, and infuse tension into the play. Above all, viewers are paying attention to how Kim So-yeon draws Cheon Seo-jin, who faces a group of good and evil hidden deep inside human beings, and her appearance that has not been easily met so far.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020090214095021072

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23862836

Seo Jin has a major conflict with Yoon hee but she is competing against Su Ryun too. We know that Yoon Hee and Su ryun have a friendship so Seo Jin has two rivals, not only one. :D From what I see, Seo Jin is the enemy of herself in the first place. She has a succesful career, she has two healthy and beautiful daughters, a husband who loves her, she is rich and it is not enough. She is not happy. Too bad.

I am really curious if Kim Sun Ok will create a good character for So yeon. A complexed villain. Fingers crossed.  I wait this drama with mixed feelings. In a way, I did not like any of the previous works of the writer but in the same time I still hope that maybe everything will be fine.

• Like 2

So yeon updated her Instagram with a picture from drama Penthouse.

Kim So-yeon's'Penthouse' captured during filming, perfect prima donna figure

adab894c49a551e1ea1c7c27b3fd82ac9f9f1d90

Actress Soyeon Kim posted a photo on her Instagram on September 4th with a short comment entitled "Penthouse." The released photo is a capture of herself while filming the drama'Penthouse'.

source

• Like 3

Newbie actress Choi Ye Bin plays the older daughter of Seo Jin (Kim So yeon) and not Jung Da bin (like it was rumored). Maybe Jung Da Bin will play the young version of Seo Jin or another character. We don`t have official news about her taking a role in Penthouse.

Ha Eun-byul (Choi Ye Bin) is a sensitive girl and she is overwhelmed by her mother`s personality. It is hard to be her daughter. Eun Byul pretends to be someone else in front of her mother to please her but in the end, she can`t satisfy Seo Jin no matter how hard she tries. I feel for her already. As I already said, Seo Jin is her own worst enemy. She has everything to be happy and content but she can`t be happy. I don`t know if she will grow as a character and realise what she had and how destructive she was. Seo Jin will be the tragic figure that will be consumed by her desires without a chance to redeem herself? We`ll see.

I like to see So yeon playing a mother to a teenage daughter. She has a difficult character to play and I can`t wait to see how she will do it. I can`t wait to see Soyeon on screen again. I will trust her chosing a good character to play.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Sunhua said:

Any news about 'Penthouse' drama? 

It will air on Monday& Tuesday starting October 26. But they did not release any promotional material.

The MBC drama Kairos, who starts at the same time slot and in the same day has already lots of articles and even a teaser. Probably we`ll see something next week.

I read that the second season of Penthouse will air on January 2021. It is good that they did not delay much. I think they are still filming.

So Yeon, fighting! I want this drama to be a success ( for her).

I just find out that So yeon and Choi ye Bin, who plays her daughter in penthouse are from  the same agency, J Wide company. I hope they will relese BTS pictures with both of them.

• Like 1

We have a teaser. Finally.

I see So yeon and Uhm Ki Joon. So they have scenes toghether. Are nemessis or both are villains having an affair. I like it.

And there is a murder mystery?

I like the tense vibe. It looks promising. Fingers crossed for a good writing.

• Like 1

Watch: Eugene, Lee Ji Ah, And More Soil Their Hands To Reach The Top In Mysterious Teaser For Upcoming Drama “Penthouse”

59d83f3fe6284391aa04fde97ebc25ec.jpeg?s=

Sep 22, 2020
by L. Kim

Upcoming SBS drama “Penthouse” has released a thrilling new teaser!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji AhKim So YeonEugeneUhm Ki JoonShin Eun KyungBong Tae GyuYoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

On September 21, the drama released a new trailer labeled as “mood teaser” that centers around a statue of Hera, the goddess of women, marriage, family, and childbirth. The 30-second clip gives a short but powerful glimpse of the corrupt and dangerous world the wealthy live in.

One woman falls from a building, and the main characters appear with eyes of shock, fear, and anger. The fallen woman lands in the statue’s embrace, and the goddess is now dripping with bright blood. People with fancy wigs who look like they just came out of an old musical stare at the sight in awe. This ambiguous and symbolic clip further increases curiosity about the tangled web of deceit the characters will become involved in.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426978wpp/watch-eugene-lee-ji-ah-and-more-soil-their-hands-to-reach-the-top-in-mysterious-teaser-for-upcoming-drama-penthouse

September 22 2020

First teaser trailer for SBS drama “The Penthouse”

First teaser trailer added for SBS drama series “The Penthouse” starring Lee Ji-Ah, Kim So-Yeon, and Eugene. Teaser trailer #1 shows the backdrop of the drama series, set at luxurious Penhouse Apartment Her Palace. The apartment complext is situated in the center of Gangnam, Seoul. Main characters played by Lee Ji-Ah, Kim So-Yeon, Eugene, and Uhm Ki-Joon  make brief appearances.

“The Penthouse” is now set to first air October 26, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Set around the luxury Penthouse Apartment with 100 floors.

Sim Soo-Ryeon (Lee Ji-Ah) was born into wealth. She is now an elegant woman of the upper class and she is like the queen of the Penthouse Apartment. Her husband is Joo Dan-Tae (Uhm Ki-Joon). He is successful in business and real estate.

Cheon Seo-Jin (Kim So-Yeon) was born into a wealthy family. She is arrogant. Her husband is Ha Yoon-Cheol (Yoon Jong-Hoon). He is a chief surgeon at a general hospital and an ambitious man.

Oh Yoon-Hee (Eugene) comes from a poor family background. She works hard for her children’s success. She wants to belong to the upper class for her children.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-sbs-drama-the-penthouse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunhua said:

I see Soyeon and Uhm Ki joon together in teaser. I think the two will have scenes together. 

Yeah. I am happy with that. One of my wishes was to see them sharing a screen time. I am not sure if they are in conflict but with a lot of sexual tenssion or they are already in an affair. :D Both are fine with me but I prefer the first scenario. I am looking forward to see the villains in action. I hope they will make the characters unforgetable.

69e4b42af4e0ef74c71da57a5162dea66ba86a8e

About the teaser...The person who falls (a man or a woman?) scene reminds me of the intro of Secret Mother.  The heroine was the prime suspect and she had blood on her hands but, of course, she did not do it.They were also at the party.

0c77ca5dfb4db6198c38b23ff72ff2d7eed448ce

I saw a video from filming on Instagram and the three guys were dressed like a carnaval party. So they were filming this scene. :D And the teaser is giving me the vibe of Return too. 

5 weeks until the premiere. We`ll have more promos soon.

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon and other costars at the first script reading

76062_44067_1431.jpg

Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Um Ki-jun, Shin Eun-kyung, Bong Tae-gyu, Yoon Jong-hoon, Park Eun-seok, Yoon Joo-hee, and other SBS new monthly drama ‘Penthouse’ actors’ “first script reading” scene was revealed.
Kim So-yeon, who played the role of Cheon Seo-jin, a perfect prima donna, who is the crystal of splendor and dominance with her natural gold spoon, focused her gaze with her extreme immersion in her tone

The production crew said, “From the reading of the first script of “Penthouse”, the passion of the actors, reminiscent of a real battle, was hotter than ever. He said, “I had confidence that a high-quality work would come out,” he said. “Please watch the ‘penthouse’ that will surely capture the home theater in the second half of 2020.”

(Google traslation)

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=76062

Video from the first script reading

• Like 1