Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

On 5/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, lebeaucouple said:

I never saw any KSY appeared together with SSH (Song Seung-Heon) in the advertisement live event for their Galleria Duty Free event. I hope to see one when they were together, not those old dama.

I don`t know what happened but Soyeon was very shortly Galeria Duty model. They announced her as a model, shoot that golden dress AD and have a few pictures as their model and that`s it. I knew something is not right when they film the first AD video and Soyeon was not in it. I don`t know the reasons ( financial dificulties?) but I think they decided to keep Song Seung Ho as their model and not have both.  That`s  why Soyeon never appeared with Song Seung Heon in Galleria Duty events.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, lebeaucouple said:

For chemistry pairing for KSY in drama, so far I love the best for

KSY and Kwak Si-yang in We Got Married and

KSY with Lee sang woo in Happy Home, i love this pairing so much and hoping that they could be a love couple in real life and true enough, they did not disappoint us.

About chemistry on screen... It is so subjective that I don`t even want to start the subject but I talked about dramas I like or actors I like (and that`s subjective as well). Sometimes I am amused when I read comments saying two different opinion about the chemistry of the same couple. Maybe both are right in their own way. I think all actors have chemistry (unless one of them are so untalented/unexperienced that we can`t concentrate on their characters on screen). It is the degree of chemistry that people see. It is a combination of several factors (personal preferences, the story, the direction (PD), the characters and personal charisma of the actors).

If the story is right and the characters are in the same direction, are compatible, the chemistry is there more than other other times. The actors are trained to open themselves up to instant intimacy with strangers when they act.  There are actors that have a natural ability to emerge as a character 100% (forgot about themselves) others are uncouncious  restrictive. I agree that there are some couple on screen that have the "IT factor". To add that to a good stroyline, the couple can sizzle. 

I don`t think I saw  Soyeon with a sizzling chemistry on screen so far. But she has the right chemistry with all her partners  in my opinion.

In WGM... she was herself but she did not give all because she was on TV and she played herself. I think they found a good partner in Kwak Shi Yang (they interview them and see them compatible). He was younger but he had the right amount of boldness and passion that was right for shy Soyeon. Their Cosmopolitan pictorials is one of my favorites. Maybe they will have a chance to work together in a drama or movie to see if they click the same in the drama/ movie.

In Happy Home... it was a family drama but I awas satisfied that half of the drama was about Hae Ryung with her two leading men. Maybe the story was not the best but it gave Soyeon`s oportunity to play some intense scenes. I am glad that she did HH. She was nominated for two couples and rightfully so.  She had a romance in this drama. (Maybe the writer knew that the protagonists like each other in real life and she gave them good scenes).

Dr Champ... the main couple was cute but they did not have a romance going on. It is hard to see chemistry when there is no romance. Yeon Woo was so different than the Panda guy in personality.  She had a crush on another man most of the time and even when she accepted Ji Heon (at the end) there will be never a great passion between them. The couple works because for me, Ji Heon won me over like he did the female protagonist with his cute persistence and genuine feelings. I won`t even ask why they are together. This drama gave me warm feelings. Oh, and I like them in All for You Ad. I felt sorry when he was replaced (at first.)

In Falling for Innocence... I liked the story, the characters, the humor.. the romance was alright.  Sung Joon was Kang Min Ho`s secretery and always she adressed formally toward him. She loved deeply another man and the fact that he died, it can`t mean that she will fall in love with somebody easier. I loved Soyeon with Jin Goo the short time I saw them there and I hope they will do another drama together. I liked the low key romance the way it was between Sung Joon and Min Ho. It was like the majority of romance tone of kdramas.  I loved to see Jung Kyung Ho and Soyeon`s friendship BTS. 

In I Need Romance 3...I was worried because Soyeon has a mature aura but I think she did alright with Sung Joon. They made the couple work.

In Mother of Mine, the same age difference with the partner (10 years) and they did it work again but man... where is the romance in that drama? No wonder that all three young couple did not get a nomination (rightfully so). Soyeon and Hong Jong Hyun did not even had a proper kiss scene for their character. It was not because of the genre... Happy Home was a family drama also.

I really loved Soyeon and Joo Jin Moo in Gabi but they had little time screen time together. I wanted them to try another project.

I liked Soyeon with Cha In-Pyo portraying their innocent and tragic romance in the 1996 drama. Some people were liking her character with the protagonist in Iris (in a romantic way) and she made good couple in Prosecutor Princess

I barely see a kdrama that satisfies me on the romance department. But I don`t expect much from a kdrama anyway.  I did not see Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, but from what I know, that drama is a romance/ slice of life drama. I wish Soyeon will play in a drama like that. She did not have many oportunities to work in such dramas.  I said that I want to see her on a romance drama and one of the reason is that I did not see her in this genre so far. Maybe her drama Yesterday was a romance but I could not watch it anywhere.

That`s my opinion. I am sure if other will want to share their preferences, they will have other perpective. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Thank You challenge arrived at Kim So yeon

The child actor Kim Ye Joon (from Secret Mother) and actress Choi Myung Gil (Mother of Mine) send her three days ago the invitation to participate in this "Thank You" event. 

Myeong-gil Choi, the teacher who I love and respect  and Kim Ye Joon , the angel I want to see so much.

We sincerely thank and thank all the medical staffs for their best efforts.
So that effort and sacrifice are not in vain.
I will try harder and care more.

Soyeon uploaded some pictures commenting "Our peaceful home". From the collor of Soyeon`s hair, it looks like a compilation from different times. They are fooling around at home in this "stay at home" time. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, larus said:

Soyeon uploaded some pictures commenting "Our peaceful home". From the collor of Soyeon`s hair, it looks like a compilation from different times. They are fooling around at home in this "stay at home" time. :D

I just saw this post on So Yeon's IG. It is so sweet and heartwarming to see their family life. They are really relationship goals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw this program before. Soyeon and So Yi Hyun in Yoo Jae suk`s program? Is it Happy Together?

I wish I know what they were talking about.

I find out some videos from that program. It is from 2004, March 18 episode.

I miss seing So yeon in a pictorial. When I see so many actresses and actors in the many magazine (some magazines I did not even know that exists) I wish I see Soyeon too.  I'm curious which of the magazines will offer her a pictorial this year.

All For you pictures

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8ed17278ea38901809d5175f09be38f9/e3b46747045b7413-ca/s540x810/e3ad63e2f989dda464efa742a3f7903c0945d1af.png

Spoiler

http://www.afy.co.kr/upfile/catalogue2/F1590458966.jpg

http://www.afy.co.kr/upfile/catalogue2/F1590458956.jpg

http://www.afy.co.kr/upfile/catalogue2/F1590458974.jpg

F1590459361.jpg

From all the pictures I love this summer look

5c17a83197cfa641e9df2cf1eec429929f587de5

http://www.afy.co.kr/afy_ch/main/main.ph

Yes , i miss her seeing beautiful pictorials.

Back in time ,she did many editorial around 2012 ,2013 &14 when she was in Namoo Actors .

Since she joined Jwide she has may be only one pictorial ,last year Nov Marie Clarie Mag .

I wish her new agent arrange her more jobs to do , now is the best time to promote her new drama through pictorial shoot and interviews.

Now Sso seems so quite 

I want to see her at Elle mag which she used to take many pictorials.

Also at Vogue , W and Harper Bazer with high fashion theme.

Sso gonna rock it for sure.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 8:08 PM, dsgam95 said:

Also at Vogue , W and Harper Bazer with high fashion theme.

Sso gonna rock it for sure.

I never saw her in Vogue and Harper Bazaar. She definetly going to rock. But I hope any magazine will offer her a pictorial.

I also think she will have more promotion because of her new drama. I might not have high hopes to like the Penthouse drama but I wish it is succesful. If the drama is successful there will be more job oportunites in the future. I just pray that her role will be demanding and can be challenging for her. That`s what all actors`s wish. If it will be a well written character, that`s a plus. We`ll see.

Today is Soyeon and Sang Woo`s third wedding aniversary. Congratulations. Be happy!

With all the secrecy around this drama,  theey released some new informations.

It is a poster, character descriptions for the main cast and a part from the chaarcter chart.

Spoiler

a6c3b86e33f7a8f1891d337d249d0e5c939582b9

7ae8ae17b9ce4f943372f02924f4afb8f7bc8f03

13ae5fa5579074cc387c6fb251fbf37a60d6f4c2

I hope someone will translate the character descriptions. I am a little curious about the Soyeon`s character if there are more than it was already said. It looks like Seo Jin (Soyeon`s character) has two children and she is married with someone else than Ha Yoon Chul (Park Eun Seok). I saw the actor before but I don`t know his name. Ha Yoon Chul can`t be 28. :lol: 

Seo Jin`s husband has a conection with the heroine (Eugene). He was Yoon Hee`s boyfriend in the past? :D

Another thing. Beside the antagonist relationship with the heroine, Seo Jin is linked with Go Sang Ah (Yoon Joo Hee).

I wished Soyeon will have scenes/ have a storyline with Uhm Ki Joon too. But we`ll see. Maybe she will have an antagonist relationship with Lee Ji ah`s character too.

Well, I really hope Soyeon has a meatier role and not a two dimentional character. I think the writer has to be skilful to write good characters and implicite a good villain (that`s the hardest to do, IMO). If she  can do that, then I will be happy. I did not like anything Kim Soon Ok wrote before but i hope this drama it will be a start. 

Edit

I was wrong. Seo Jin (Kim So yeon`s character) is married with Ha Yoon Chul (that`s what is written). I was confused because in the picture I did not recognize the actor Park Eun Seok. 

I don`t know Korean alphabet but I had fun discovering the names.

I think Seo Jin`s children are named Ha Eun Byeol/ byul and Ha Eun chan. (Two girls?)

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 10:19 AM, larus said:

I was wrong. Seo Jin (Kim So yeon`s character) is married with Ha Yoon Chul (that`s what is written). I was confused because in the picture I did not recognize the actor Park Eun Seok. 

Well, I was not entirely wrong. My eyes did not deceived me. There are some changes in the cast and they did not announced it yet.

Park Eun Seok will play Logan Lee. Because Han Seok Jin did not accept the role, they thought Park Eun seok fits better the role. Now, he can play a 28 years old character if that`s the age of Logan Lee. Park Eun Seok looks younger than his age (has a baby face).

Yoon Jong-Hoon will play the role of Ha Yoon Chul and he is the husband of Seo Jin (played by Kim So Yeon). When I see his pictures I knew I saw him somewhere but I did not know the name. I saw him in drama Return. They have the same age and Yoon Jong Hoon looks young too but maybe he fits better with Kim So Yeon (who has a mature aura).

At first they went for bigger names for the lead male roles but did not worked out. It is a female centric drama but they found other actors for their male lead roles.

• Like 1

Thanks for the translations of Soyeon`s character.:P

[Unofficial] 2020 SBS drama "Penthouse" - Character introduction
Kim So Yeon as Cheon Seo Jin
(Female / 38 years old / daughter of Cheonga Foundation's chairman) She is wife of Ha Yoon Chul (Yoon Jong Hoon), mother of and Ha Eun Byul and Ha Eun Chan.

She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, spontaneous splendor.
She hates Shim Soo Ryun (Lee Ji Ah), who lives in a penthouse, rather than her. And she has to be the center of the world and put whatever she want in her hands, when she's old, everything is satisfactory! Perfect Madonna, the spotlight in life is always shining on Seo Jin.

The title of the daughter of Cheonga Foundation's chairman makes her always attract attention. By courtesy of Cheonga, 1st place is always Cheon Seo Jin. And at the time she was admitted to Cheonga High School, she was taken the Queen position away by Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene), and she realized the fact that her first request to be able to beat Yoon Hee with absolute skill.

She wants to beat Yun Hee! No, when she saw Yoon Hee, who declared that she would expose the unfairness of the judges who had to win, all the senses that had been accumulated returned to their place. Yoon Hee, who disappeared somewhere, headed for Seo Jin, and her skills increased day by day. Besides, she married Yoon Hee's boyfriend, and still works as a famous soprano.

Credit: Kim So Yeon DC
Sso Fanpage and GG Trans ^^

It looks like the earlier rumor about the ploit was true. Very competitive girl and obsessive girl. So, Seo Jin is like Yeong Mi In All about Eve but this time she is from a rich family. So she hates everyone who still her shining place. Not only Young hee (who was more popular in high school) but also Shim Soo Ryun who is richer than her. I don`t understand why she has to be jelous of Shim Soo Ryun for her penthose. She can buy a penthouse too because she is rich. Perhaps he wanted Joo Dan Tae but she got Young Hee`s boyfriend instead. 

She will be so detested as a character but I hope it is a role who is captivating too not only hated.

I hope the writer gave her best skills to antagonize two lead female characters in this drama. :D

What I like the most so far from the description is that she is a soprano and that she has two children.

• Like 2

Kim Soyeon  & Lee Sang-woo, good influence "Thank you very much for your hard work"

a27635f3-badc-4e6e-9253-6b56bd269761.jpg

On the 22nd, Kim So-yeon posted a two-shot photo with her husband Sang-Woo Lee on her social media along with the article, "I joined the Stay Strong campaign.

n the photo, Kim So-yeon and Lee Sang-woo are wearing masks and participating in the'Stay Strong' campaign to overcome Corona 19. The good influence of the two conveys warmth.

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A202006221717000058

Spoiler

Translations from her Instagram post

Hello.
#All Poyu exclusive model Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon.
@allforyou_korea Han Sung F.I received the appointment of President Kim Young-cheol, and joined the #Staystrong campaign

We are deeply grateful for the hard work of all medical staff, and we wish you all the health and safety.

source

• Guest changed the title to Kim So Yeon 김소연 - Upcoming Drama: Penthouse
  • 2 weeks later...

On the 17th, Kim So-yeon posted a video on her Instagram with ""All For You". Please look forward to the fall and winter of 2020.

Spoiler

369237_465029_3430.png

2020071702675_0.jpg

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=369237

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=369237

Spoiler

109498666_3813782268638474_8982243654811

5bba853f9322b3a07980047e6e1f353a19144c12

208ef035eed51a78b5ce5de6d35798fc0da2efaa

source

She posted a few pictures from All for You shooting.

I hope she will shoot a magazine pictorial too.

• Like 1