Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Watch: “The Penthouse” Cast Is All Smiles On Set In Making-Of Video

e52668ae5ef54f52894548622cdb7def.jpeg?s=

Jan 15, 2021
by M. Kang

SBS’s “The Penthouse” released never-before-seen footage from the set!

With the series gearing up for season two, the video is a welcome treat for all “The Penthouse” fans. The making-of video highlights the chemistry on set and adds a personal touch to the intense season that wrapped up earlier this month.

At the start of the video, viewers get a glimpse of what went on during the filming of a scene from episode 1. Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon), Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon), and more are gathered at the 100-floor luxury penthouse apartment. To film a single scene of the characters playing indoor golf, the actors practice non-stop with a ball made of paper.

Another scene highlighted in the video is the fight between Cheon Seo Jin and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) that takes place backstage after a competition. Both actresses skillfully handle the fake blood and perform their parts seamlessly, completing the shot in one try. After Kim So Yeon finishes her take, a couple staff members can be heard off-camera commenting, “Wow.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1448858wpp/watch-the-penthouse-cast-is-all-smiles-on-set-in-making-of-video

Cast of SBS hit Penthouse is back for a second season in newest teaser

by tccolb

ph2t1.jpg

The cast and crew of SBS drama Penthouse is gearing up for season 2 and a new video teaser has been released featuring the main cast. The first season of Penthouse was a big success for SBS, surpassing 30% in ratings and also ranking number one as most watched drama for seven weeks on Korea’s streaming platform Wavve.

The second season picks up from where the previous season left off and continues to explore the upper class residents of a luxury penthouse as they war over social status and all the trappings that come with great wealth. For season 2, the main question being how far people will go for the sake of revenge and to protect their children – and to satisfy their own greed and ambitions.

Most of the main cast make an appearance in the newest video teaser, with Kim So-yeon (Mother of Mine) and Yoon Jong-hoon (Memorist) back as part of one family unit, Eugene (All About My Mom) and Kim Hyun-soo (Solomon’s Perjury) as mother-daughter, and with Eom Ki-joon (Heart Surgeons) and Kim Young-dae (Cheat on Me, If You Can) as father-son. Their fellow cast members Bong Tae-kyu (Doctor Detective), Shin Eun-kyung (An Empress’s Dignity), and Park Eun-seok (Doctor Prisoner) also make an appearance in the video.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/sbs-hit-penthouse-is-back-for-a-second-season-in-newest-teaser/

• Like 2

source https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFvQUkpg2T/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKFuAykp8Hc/

BELL&NOUVEAU commented on their pictures:

Penthouse Season 2 Actor Kim So-yeon's big success is expected Bell & Nouveau's black race gloves are used.

Actor Kim So-yeon's white hairpiece, who is preparing for Penthouse Season 2, is a handmade piece by Bell & Nouveau.  Cheon Seo-jin, I wish you an elegant penthouse

Edit: It looks like the pictures were deleated from Bell&Nouveau Instagram.

Spoiler

98db1160b7407220263a99c2434b81989d32e438

64aaa7a7e64d6e7efe530d1549c4f6e118e0b452

These dresses and the look has So yeon in these pictures fits the character Cheon So Jin so well. (because she is a soprano, a woman performing opera on stage. )

Drawings

Kim So yeon

f60460260676831db80e828461d1ff579bb5e6b4

source https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGR356HNfn/

Two paintings (black's sexy intensity #Cheon Seo-jin and innocent black #Kim so yeon)

Spoiler

96a7275d28c368849658c3a5b453e4e3a24a4e6f

22b858473f908afff6f7156b470d59c66b5a1950

source https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGQyZ7hm84/

Cheon So Jin (Kim so yeon)

e2c293536d27698355efe5fab786892a8d2f9748

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGKm4AL33B/

• Like 1

Penthouse Queen, Cheon Seo-jin’s daily wine is “Shafer” of Napa Valley, USA

PBPURGYIGVDURNAKZUWQFQN6OM.jpg

The final winner of the penthouse in season 1 of the recently ended SBS drama “Penthouse” was Queen Bee Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon). She takes over her father's Cheong-A Foundation, helps Ju Dan-tae, who killed Shim Su-ryun (Jia Ji-ah), and succeeds in putting Oh Yoon-hee (Yujin) into prison. She hears these words while sipping wine in a penthouse. “Now it is clear. You are my best partner.”

The drama's characters enjoy drinking wine, as it happens in “Hera Palace,” the number one house price in Korea. One of the representative figures is Seo-jin Cheon, the daughter of a prestigious private school foundation and from the representative prima donna in Korea. She pulls out two bottles of wine from the cellar for a home party that invited the residents of Hera Palace in her first episode. Her daily wine filled with cellars is 'Shafer'.

CVZVZD7VZREPVKZHWRJEZWNXMQ.jpg

'Shafer', the representative cult wine in the United States, is a wine made by John Shaffer, born in 1924 in Granco, Illinois. At the age of 17, he was a soldier who fought in World War II and piloted the'B-24 bomber', and after the end of the war, he received a degree from Cornell University. .)' was an entrepreneur who served as a vice president. After that, he started the wine business at the age of 48, and the'Shaper Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon', which was created in 1978 and first released in 1981, was very successful. '2002 Shafter Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside' was also given 100 points by Robert Parker.

Cheon Seojin Daily Wine is a brand 'Relentless ' first launched in 1999 by Shafer Vineyard. As the name suggests, the price is around $100 (approximately 110,000 won), meaning that it will persistently produce quality wines. The elegance is felt in the taste of strong tannins and spices such as licorice and pepper. It looks like a character of Seojin Cheon. While drinking this wine, Shim Su-ryun buys a high-quality pecan pie and tells her husband, doctor Ha Yun-cheol (Jong-Hoon Yoon). “Go get some Bordeaux wine. Drink something good.”

Here, the Bordeaux wine label that Ha Yoon-cheol takes is hard to see. Even in front of people, Seo-jin Chun threw a bottle to break it up from her husband, who had embarrassed her. Anyway, if you drink Bordeaux wine quickly like that, you can't feel the taste well. Among the plays, the person who likes Bordeaux wine is Ju Dan-tae, the owner of the penthouse. Ha Yun-cheol follows him and follows him to drink his favorite Bordeaux wine. Bordeaux wines are hard to taste and are not good to drink. Perhaps that's why decanters often appear in the scene where Ju Dan-tae drinks wine. He always accompanies wine when he has an affair with Cheon Seojin, and the wine is in the decanter.

NSOVXPYN4ZDNBFS7ZZ72TVPIDA.jpg

Decanters are containers for bottled wine. In the past, wine filtration technology was not developed, so decanting was performed to filter out the debris. However, now it is used to drink high-quality wines at the peak of waiting a long time. It is to do'breed', which quickly increases the taste and aroma of wine by increasing contact with the air. The decanter is given a variety of names depending on the shape of the bottle, and the decanter Jo Dan-tae likes to use is 'Swan'. The house is always overflowing with wine, so children also play with wine. Champagne ‘Dom Perignon ’ is used to sprinkle Min Seol-ah (Jo Su-min) who lied to them as a college student after entering Cheong-A Art High School.

It is synonymous with fresh and heavy luxury champagne owned by LVMH Group in France. It is said to be named after the monk “Dom Perignon,” who solved the champagne bottle explosion during the second fermentation process. The alcoholic drink Ha Eun-byul (Choi Ye-bin), who was hurt by her parents' affair when the drama ran toward the end, and with medicine to commit suicide, is also Cheon Seo-jin's daily wine 'Shafer'.

Cheon Seo-jin's most beloved daughter, Ha Eun-byul, said the tool she chose to kill herself was the wine her mother loved. I look forward to the story of this mother and daughter unfolding in Season 2.

https://www.chosun.com/culture-life/2021/01/16/5PKQXJVWR5BYZGKCEKPO7COC3Y/

That was an interesting article. I also like red wine (I like white wine too) and I was curious to find out which wine brand is her favorite. I did not drink this brand but from what I see it is expensive and it has very good scores from the sommeliers. Cheon So Jin has good taste in wine. :D

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

The evil women of writer Kim Soon-ok... So-yeon Kim, “Penthouse,” the all-time madness

2021011401001293900079661.jpg

Writer Kim Soon-ok, so-called “the godmother of the dead,” gives her viewers sickness and medicine through her stimulating subject matter and unexpected development. It is thanks to the great performance of the actors who bring life to her characters, as well as her unique script.

Particularly, the villains who appear in every work played a part. Who is the best evil woman in Kim Sun Ok's work? This magazine asked 20 people, including dramas, broadcasting officials, and critics,'the most evil woman in the work of Kim Soon-ok'. As a result, ‘The temptation of the wife’ Kim Seo-hyung, ‘Come! Jangbori Lee Yoo, ‘Sister is alive’ Son Yeo-eun, ‘The Dignity of the Empress’ Lee EliJah, and Kim So-yeon of the recently ended ‘Penthouse’, Kim So-yeon got the most votes (10 votes).

These are the various expressions that Soyeon Kim transformed from the ‘penthouse’ to Seojin Cheon.

2021011401001293900079662.jpg

◆ Kim So-yeon-Overcoming Heo Young-mi, “All about Eve,” 20 years ago Kim So-yeon started her acting as a villain as Heo Young-mi in MBC's "Everything about Eve" (2000). She used all sorts of evil deeds in the thought of winning her unfortunate childhood as her announcer and rewarding her for her unfortunate childhood. Drove around. Last year, after 20 years, she transformed into a villain again by playing the role of Seojin Cheon, who envy everyone with her natural gold spoon. Seojin Chun is a “strongest villain” who harms her family to fill her inadequate music skills with her wealth and family background, and Kim Soyeon completed her character with her delicate emotional acting. Particularly, the 15th episode of “Penthouse” was a solo performance for Kim So-yeon, and her insanity, driven by her for 10 minutes at the end of the broadcast, was rated as a record level. Among broadcasting officials, he has a reputation as an actor with good character. However, their tip is that she is as suspicious as she is when she plays a villain. An official said, “The reason Kim So-yeon is her best is that in her play, she expresses all the exaggerated evil gatherings with her best acting ability. She explained that she has the ability to digest characters that can become unfavorable, so that she does not hate to see them, and her analysis of her characters is very good.”

In addition, there is a saying that ‘to cast and change the actors with perfect score’, it aims to reverse the existing image. The intention stems from the calculation that if unfavorable actors are added to the final story, viewers' resentment can occur. One broadcast official said, “The villains of writer Kim Soon-ok are not just figures who commit'bad things', but each has their own story, so that viewers can understand.” “It is the writer who put the actors on the ring and laid the board properly It can be seen as a genius in that area.”

https://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20210114010007966

• Like 1

Jin Ji-hee “Senior Kim So-yeon, who had a strong first impression of the “pent”, is so kind.”

Actress Jin Ji-hee talked about Kim So-yeon's warm heart.

bcefa489-c41b-4e6b-86e7-63b665e2d949.jpg

Choi Ye-bin and Jin Ji-hee appeared as a guest on SBS Power FM'Lee Jun's Young Street' broadcast on the 14th. The two were loved by the public for their hot performance in the drama'Penthouse'.

Jin Ji-hee and Choi Ye-bin answered the question, "Who was the strongest first impression among the actors who played parents in'Penthouse'?"

Jin Ji-hee said, "Kim So-yeon is a senior in college, and I forgot that fact. When I said,'I'm really sorry,' with a feeling of sorry, the senior hugged me warmly saying,'No, it's okay.'

DJ Lee Joon also added to Kim So-yeon, "She went to the same shop before, but she remains in her memory with a very good impression."

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2021011421140003306?did=NA

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202101142110258010

• Like 2

I read recently on DCinside, The diary from 90s, where Kim So yeon was telling her story. I think that I read some of the stories before but it was so nice to read them again, a compact story this time. 

It was an article about Kim So Yeon who was released on episodes since January 1997 at Sports chosun  newspaper/magazine. I enjoyed reading a few thoughts of a 17 years old girl, Kim So yeon, who just had a succes for her role in movie Change. The article is written like a page in a diary.

The translation is bad and some parts are not fully understood but the overall image it is clear (for me anyway).

It is a long read... but I wanted more.  If Kim So yeon decide to write an autobiography, I wish I read it. :D

Spoiler

[My Star Diary] Kim So-yeon

Article Entry January 17, 1997

18-year-old billionaire CF star, Janus of innocent and beauty, is a new generation star who will lead the 21st century.

The words to refer to a high school student talent are grandiose. It is because she has all the elements of her as a star who will lead her next generation, such as her mature appearance and passion for acting, to an incredible extent at 18 years old. She recently hurried to hit her screen with the movie 'Change'.

On the 15th, SBS TV'I Love Comedy' TV'Sunday Sunday Night-Music Cinema', TV on the 16th,'Saturday and Saturday is fun', on the 17th'Sunday Sunday Night' and the long-awaited ‘Change' opening fan signing event on the 18th. Ahead of the release of the movie ‘Change', I'm running around as if a day is 48 hours.

Change' is my screen debut. It's my first movie, but it's very meaningful to me because I filmed it so hard. So, in the hope that ‘Change' goes well, she breaks the principle of refraining from appearing in show programs and is showing her face here and there. Thanks to this, I took pictures all night on the 15th, and I often replenish my sleep in the car. I do a lot of interviews, and many people ask me about my real personality if it is because of the contents of ‘Change'.

Like in the movie, is it not a'kiang'. I am the youngest daughter of a  family with only three daughters. I take it with my eyes closed. So, I think I can explain my personality with 'charming + innocent  + cheerful' rather than a kiang. And among friends, it is considered as a'wi-ri-pa'.

I was born in November 1980 as the youngest of three daughters of Kim Jong jin (51) and Park Jeongja (50).

Taemong (conception dream) is a mother planting seeds that her father brought. When I watered it, a tree grew steadily, and a white magnolia blossomed. The mother says that the flower was so pretty that she has broken her dream while staring at it.

I guessed it would be a daughter because of Taemong, but when I was born, my dad was of course, disappointed. The father, who had already had daughters in succession, was already a father of two daughters and waited secretly in his heart,'a son this time.

However, after breaking expectations' and mom gave birth of a daughter, he initially tried not to look at me at all. Right now, of course, I'm a cute youngest daughter, and I love my dad.

Anyway, when I was young, I had a lot of time alone. I was always alone in a big family because  mom and dad worked double-income. In addition, the age difference between the older and second older sisters was so great that I couldn't play with the older sisters.

After all my sisters went to school, I remember playing in the empty house by looking at the mirror alone. Maybe that's why I was very introspective when I was younger. And she was quite precocious compared to her peers. I used to be shy but when I was in fourth grade, I met Yoon Soon-gyeong. Teacher Yoon Soon-gyeong, who was a homeroom teacher in the 4th and 5th grades of Cheongdam National School. I am grateful to her because she changed my introverted personality 180 degrees.

If there was anything to be announced in front of me, the teacher asked me to change my personality boldly. In addition, thanks to the support of the teacher, in the fifth grade, I was able to develop leadership skills while serving as a class leader and vice president.

I will find my teacher if I will appear on KBS 1TV,'TV is carrying love'. ( I guess it was a program where she could talked about memorable people in he life).  She had contacted her teacher up to a year ago, but her contact was cut off as she got busy. If the teacher reads this article, I hope she will give me a call.

When I think of her childhood, she has a lot of'talks that can't be said without tears'. Because her mother was busy with her bookstore, my eldest sister almost acted as her mother in my house. She was only five years apart from me, but how scared my older sister was at the time.

From the time I entered elementary school, our three sisters shared household chores. One person did the dishes (playing  scissors, rocks, and paper)  and the other cleaned the dishes, and the rest made food. There was never anything that made me think I was young.

If her older sister was cleaning, she said, "Clean the table," but she said, "Well, watch TV." On the day I forgot to buy the item I was told to buy, I had to take `a portrait`. Also, it wasn't once or twice that she was secretly dressed in her older sister`s clothes and that condemned her to set her RickRoll'D on fire. (she was punisned by her sister for wearing her clothes).  When I was young, I wonder if my mother was her stepmother and my eldest sister was the daughter that her mother brought. But now, my eldest sister, her second sister, is my passionate fan and reinforcement. The eldest sister, who used to condemn her at the time so that she couldn't wear her clothes, now borrows the most of my clothes.

The older sister, who is five years apart, and the second sister, who is three years apart, had a lot of influence on me. Her eldest sister is now attending the Department of Physics, and she  was interested in astronomy when she was young. Her older sister papered her entire room with pictures of constellations, and she enjoyed reading books on astronomy. Under the influence of my sister, I am very interested in UFOs and aliens. You don't know how interested I watched the news even when it was said that a UFO was discovered.

My second sister was interested in literature. She loves poetry, and since elementary school she used to go to contests and win prizes. Under the influenced by her second sister who is always close to poetry, so I love to read and write. When she was in elementary school, I received an award for writing about an ajumma living next door to her, and in junior high school, she received an award in a poem titled "Sky".

However, I am very sorry to hear that it is difficult to go to school, let alone one hundred days, because of the busy schedule.

The scent of men,'Mugunghwa/hibiscus flower has blossomed', and'Dips' are books that I enjoyed reading. And the most interesting book I read recently was Shin Kyung-sook's Deep Sadness. If Shin Kyung-sook's work is made into a drama or movie, she wants to appear once. As she grew up anyway, her interests constantly changed, and her goals continued to change. When she was in elementary school, she thought that she wanted to become an announcer, and when she entered middle school, she loved history so much that she dreamed of becoming a history graduate. However, from the start of her career, she decided to major in theater and film.

These days, H.O.T and music videos are not the only ones who have trouble with their hearts. The start of the case was when I filmed H.O.T and music videos and contests on SBS TV '100% Charge'.

H.O.T fans who watched the music video of all the fan members of H.O.T like me were in a rage. As soon as the music video was released, the fan letters that normally came in 20 to 30 copies a day suddenly began to double or triple, and more than half of them were sent by H.O.T enthusiasts. However, the content of these letters made spectacles. A blood letter with the content of "Disappear from the broadcasting world", and a letter with the content of "Be prepared for the formation of the KK (Kim So-yeon Kill) team." Also, when I appeared in'Charge 100%', the atmosphere was so harsh that the production crew called all the bodyguards.

According to the manager who was looking at the situation in the audience at the time, when the recording was over, some people rush to the front of the studio with weapons in their hands. He said, "Let's give it a tingle once". The most embarrassing thing was that a few days ago at the movie ‘Change' fan signing site. When I asked, ‘What’s your name,' to sign an autograph, she gave the names of H.O.T members such as'Moon Hee-jun'. When I looked at the paper in amazement, it was a picture with a large blue cross on my face.

I was in a bad mood, but as they did what they wanted and turned around, I was really confused. Why should I be treated like this? People around me said, "You shouldn't leave these children alone" and "Let's report them to the police station", but I didn't want to. The children who threatened me in such a way are also the ones who say, "You are so pretty" or "How's Woohyuk's older brother, please tell me".

I think it just because they are  extremely affectionate expression of the H.O.T and, there will be a time when they will  feel sorry for their actions because of crowd psychology.It's just that I'm standing in front of the camera because I like acting, and I'm just upset that I'm 17 years old, the same as you guys, and I can't tell my feelings.

I'm good at cooking because I've been working in the house since the first grade of elementary school. The curry and rice are especially excellent. Everyone who has eaten it once makes it delicious enough to stick their tongue out. Also, ramen is a major field. In addition to kimchi, various ingredients such as cheese and mushrooms are added to make ramen with a unique taste.

I  lived in Cheongdam-dong for 16 years before moving to Hongje-dong. She grew up calling her next door aunt, like her neighbor's cousin, and played with her neighbor's children. But the problem is that there are no children my age in the neighborhood this time. It was only my older sister and my second sister my age. So, when I was young, my biggest concern was 'How do I look like an adult?' I remember imitating my sisters in order to get involved in playing. It seems that the precocious atmosphere of the present was created by eagerly pretending to be an adult at that time. However, I also had something that a young child could experience at least once. An'almost' case of becoming a so-called lost child.

When I was six years old, the whole family went to Nami Island to play. I ran from place to place with her sister, and I suddenly missed her hand. And I walked in the opposite direction to where my family was. The policeman who found me crying in surprise. You kindly gave me an announcement, but the problem is that you misunderstood my pronunciation. “If you become a child guardian of Kim To-yeon, please come to the lost child shelter as soon as possible.” Her mother said she didn't know she was me even after listening to the broadcast, so she almost became lost forever.

I have to tell the story of my heartbreaking first love. My first love started when I entered middle school. When I went to middle school to take the placement test after graduating from elementary school, a boy was playing basketball on an empty playground. Big height, white skin, and a sad smile. The moment I saw it, I was shocked as if I was out of breath. What fell in love at first sight. However, the problem was that there was no way to find out who was the boy. A few months wandering looking for someone who doesn't know his name or surname. I used to hang around in places where a lot of people gathered, such as going to a kiosk at every break.

Then, finally, I found out the name of the boy. That brother was a bad student who made his name in the whole school. How shocked I was. However, for me, who had already fallen in my first love, the evaluation of that boy of other people around me was not important. If you think about it now, how cool even your brother's gait, who was ‘chubby’, looked great at that time. However, I couldn't say a word and graduated.

The first luck was when I was cast on SBS TV'Dinosaur Teacher'. 'Dinosaur Teacher' was a drama that was sensational among teenagers at the time, but she got lucky to be cast as an opponent of Kim Kwang-pil, a KBS super talent. Compared to other actors who usually go through a single role for one to two years, the work has worked out tremendously. Luck didn't end here. At that time, I joined the most popular weekend drama Daughters of a Rich Family. What is the trembling when standing in front of the camera with prominent cast members such as Lee Hwi-hyang, Kim Se-yoon, Ha Yu-mi and Jeon Hye-jin.

My role in KBS TV's'Daughters  of a Rich family' is Hyeri, a troublemaker. I was asked a lot of questions about how impressive the strong character who screamed and made troubles was impressive, and then every interview after that they asked me how is her real personality? This role was the first adult acting, but thanks to the help of the senior actors, there was no great difficulty. At this time, teacher Lee Hwi-hyang especially helped a lot. Teacher Lee Hwi-hyang used to take me to the corner of the dressing room and practice lines with me when she had time even though she was busy. Rookies often worry about their way of speaking (called'Jo'), but thanks to the thorough training at this time, I do not have the so-called'Jo'. Even now, when asked who the most respected actor is, she responds without hesitation as Lee Hwi hyang. Teacher Lee Hwi-hyang's relationship does not end here.

After the'Daughter Rich House' was finished, she was cast on KBS 2TV'Drama Game_A Midsummer with Duja'. At this time, teacher Lee Hwi-hyang played the role of her mother, and although she did not know, later, it is said that teacher Lee Hwi-hyang strongly recommended her for the role.

While filming'A Midsummer with Duja', I went on a business trip to Gangneung for the first time in my life. However, an unexpected problem occurred. The director said she must wear a swimsuit during the shooting process. It was difficult to imagine that I, who had no confidence in my body, could wear a swimsuit and stand in front of the camera. But what can I do in front of the director's fire command? Having prepared a swimsuit in a hurry in downtown Gangneung, I cried and stood in front of the camera eating mustard. Then I decided. I don't know if I have confidence in my body as an adult, but for the time being, I will never wear a swimsuit and stand in front of the camera.

I tend to get very cold. Even if it's a little cold, the teeth bump and you can't speak properly. Any actor will have a memory of trembling wearing short-sleeved T-shirts in winter. I am no exception. It was a while ago when I filmed MBC TV'Sunday Sunday Night-Music Cinema' in Anmyeondo. It was a'cool' scene where the grand piano was placed on the beach and was greeted with love. But the problem is, I started shooting at low tide. We filmed a little, then moved the piano to the place where the water was drowned, and took it again. Think about it On that cold day, you can see the atmosphere as you can, and when you stop the camera, you whine and move the piano.

Then, for 4 to 5 hours, the sea breeze struck me with my whole body, and later, my body froze. However, speaking of suffering from the cold, the highest grade would be when filming KBS TV'Drama Game-Comeback Home' in early 1996. I filmed in Gangneung, and it reached the lowest temperature in 26 years. In that cold, I wore only thin short sleeves and a jumper and took pictures from dawn. Anyone who hasn't been through that cold probably can't even imagine how painful it is. 'Comeback Home' had a lot of unique work while filming. It was when I filmed the scene where Seonghee, who appeared with me, was fighting with bullies.

I lowered my knees to look down at the pretense that Seonghee's older sister hit a bully with a leg. At an instant, I saw a star in the sky, and I couldn't make a sound because I was choked. However, it is impossible to do anything other than'Wait a minute' while acting. I closed my teeth and finished the filming. When they saw me like that, everyone stuck out their tongues saying that I was strong. From that time on, my nickname has become'Poisons/Viper'.

In addition, an accident occurred on the way to filming. While going down the Daegwanryeong Pass, the bus's brake system broke down. At the end of the cliff, the bus miraculously caught a dizzying thing. When the bus caught on a cliff and barely stood, we were sleeping insanely. Suddenly, there was a bang, a person who smacks his head forward, a person who falls, and an uproar. The manager we were going with reassured us, saying that there was only a small accident. However, when the rescue team came and got off the bus later, I saw that the bus was hung at the end of dismay. At that time, if the bus had gone further, even 1m, we would all almost go up to heaven.

I suffered a lot while filming KBS2 TV'Yes Sir/Reporting for Duty' (1996). At the time, SBS TV'City Man and Woman' was also appearing, so I made a strong march to and from Gangwon-do and Seoul twice a week. To make matters worse, there was a tremendous heavy rain in the Cheorwon area of Gangwon-do, and the shooting sets were all floating. The access road inside the unit was blocked. From then on, the filming schedule began to get crazy, but when it was severe, I had traveled to and from Gangwon-do and Seoul once a day. However, I suffered from a “murderous” schedule, couldn't sleep and even eat in a timely manner, but I didn't even know it was hard.

Before becoming an actor, I was excited to shoot with Cha In-pyo and Koo Bon-seung.

Cha In-pyo brother, who appeared as my counterpart in'Reporting for Duty, I really liked his personality. Should I say that he is the ideal husband feel?  It was a style that was caring and took good care of each of the cast members while leading the overall atmosphere well. On the other hand, my brother will be the'best' for a relationship. (He played her boyfriend in the drama).  All I had to do was to see my naughty brother's face, and it seemed as if the day's fatigue was washed away.

Cha In-pyo and Koo Bon-seung, whom I talked about earlier, are also the actors that I have always liked. In MBC TV's'Open Your Heart', Yoo Tae-woong brother is an actor whom she has been paying attention to since he appeared in 'Icing'. She thought, "You're a really likable senior," but he appeared as a lover in "Open Your Heart." My brother and I boast of breathing so much that if you'pretend', you will be'good'. Yoo Tae-woong brother was very comfortable, so there was no burden at all to work together.

Also, on MBC TV's'Seven Spoons', my brother Gyeong-in Hong was chasing one side. Hong Kyung brother was the number one actor who wanted to work with me before I started. After we filmed together, it was true. The brother's passion for acting was surprising even to me, a rookie. Hong Kyung-in brother usually plays a lot of jokes (the second one is sad when he plays nasty jokes), but when he turns the camera, his eyes change. Because his brother held the atmosphere well, there was no problem at all to smoke snow and water from the 'Seven spoons'.

Originally, when acting as a crying person, the principle is to never use eye drops. In order to act crying at the beginning of their debut, I tried to cry while thinking sad thoughts such as 'What if my mother dies', but now, when only emotions are immersed, I cry quickly. So, when I did not use eye drops and acted in the'Seven Spoons' where there were many crying scenes, I felt very good. I'm not finally imitating acting, but because I want to be emotionally immersed. In fact, when the smoke reaches a certain level, it is harder to laugh than to cry. It is more difficult for me to play the scenes of laughing or exchanging daily lines such as 'Did you eat?'

As the face became known, CF began to enter. Marzo, Lesse, and Lotteria signed CF contracts for 96 years. It also recently signed a contract with Afroman, a computer distributor. It has earned a total of 500 million won from CF model fees alone. Of course, I gave all the money I earned from CF to my parents. My 'big success' is said to have helped my sisters get independent and separate apartments. Also, I am proud of my father's help in changing cars a while ago. My monthly allowance is about 300,000 won.

When meeting friends, I spend my pocket money on snacks, clothes, and cosmetics. The biggest cost is the cost of buying clothes or cosmetics. I started my activities when I was young, but I do makeup myself. The downside of my face is the idea that I know the best. To reveal only a little bit to the readers of Sports Chosun, chickenpox marks are the biggest drawback of my face.

My favorite part are my eyes. Someone once said that Kim So-yeon can be an angel of a white coat or a devil because of her eyes, but she seems to show my mysterious atmosphere most centrally.

Therefore, when putting on makeup, I focus on my eyes the most. The entire make-up takes less than an hour, but eye make-up only takes 30 minutes. People are good at make-up to the point where they tell you to become a make-up artist if you are not an actor.

Now let me talk about my plans in the future.

To give a concrete example, this is the role like Jang Hee-bin what I most want to do. An ambitious woman struggling to escape the bondage of the status system. How cool is she.

My nicknames are 'Cheol Girl' (Ironwoman),'Poison Bell','Wonder Woman', and'Princess with Low Back Disease'. Among them,'Wonder Woman' is a nickname that people made after seeing me working with'Akbari'.

Last August, when we filmed SBS TV'City Men and Women' KBS' Reposting to duty' together, I saved time to eat and slept. That's why I was chased by the schedule. And immediately, MBC TV'Open Your Heart' and the movie'Change' had little time to rest. However, no matter how busy I am, I try not to lose my appearance at the beginning of my debut. I was disappointed to see that a lot of people around me change when they gained a little popularity. So, the first principle I set out when I started my activity was 'Good Greetings'.

When she was a child, her mother always emphasized, 'Greetings well', so when she sees someone she knows, it becomes a habit to say hello, so she has no difficulty. However, people around me say it's strange to say hello at a full 45-degree angle. There are even people who ask the question,'Doesn't it hurt your back if you say hello like that?' That's why the nickname given to it is'the princess with low back disease'. It's pretty to say goodbye, but it means that it's like a person with a backache. However, taking this position, Kim So-yeon swears not to lose her modest appearance at the beginning of her debut and doing her best in front of her camera. Nowadays, the movie 'Change' is very popular and I am very happy. I went to the theater twice to see 'Change', and the second of them sold out, so I sat on the stairs and watched the movie. The seat was uncomfortable, but how happy it was. I will close my story by saying that I will repay the fans' favor by acting hard afterwards.

I hope that actor Kim So-yeon will receive constant applause and affection.

sources

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=kimsoyeon&no=35578&page=1

https://sports.chosun.com/news/news_o3.htm?name=/news/old/199701/199701170114

https://sports.chosun.com/news/news_o3.htm?name=/news/old/199701/199701210112

https://sports.chosun.com/news/news_o3.htm?name=/news/old/199701/199701280123

https://sports.chosun.com/news/news_o3.htm?name=/news/old/199701/199701290125

https://sports.chosun.com/news/news_o3.htm?name=/news/old/199701/199701310142

• Like 2

BTS Penthouse season 1 video

Spoiler

dZJZLu.gif

qpG7y3.gif

49wOb1.gif

nQbaYV.gif

Detective Cheon Seo-jin Collection

I wish to see So yeon playing a private detective role in a drama with a mystery like in Agatha Christy novels.

• Like 2

Maeil Dairy, Selected Kim So-yeon as Cellex model

NISI20210120_0000676693_web.jpg?rnd=2021

Maeil Dairy has selected actor Kim So-yeon as the model for the new inner beauty product'Celex Milk Ceramide' launched in October 2020.

Actor Kim So-yeon took on the role of Cheon Seo-jin, an incarnation of desire in any way or means to get what she wants in the popular drama “Penthouse”. On the other hand, in an entertainment program, she showed her pure and good character and unexpected sense of entertainment, boasting the opposite charm of her role in the play. The advertising world's love call is also continuing to Kim So-yeon, who is gaining popularity due to her conflicting charms.

Her first commercial product chosen by Kim So-yeon in 2021 is Daily Dairy's Celex Milk Ceramide. Cellex Milk Ceramide is a next-generation inner beauty product that contains collagen as well as milk ceramide. Overseas, the trend of taking ceramide and collagen together is common, but the domestic inner beauty market is still focused on collagen. Collagen is a major component of the dermal layer of the skin, and ceramide is a major component of the skin barrier. Because the roles and components are different, it is important to manage them together.

Maeil Dairy, along with actor Kim So-yeon, runs a marketing campaign to promote the overseas trend of managing collagen and ceramide together. In the video commercial, Seo-jin Cheon, who does not choose any water, to realize her desire in her drama penthouse, introduces Celex Milk Ceramide with her anti-war charm. The commercial video will be on air in mid-February, when the drama Penthouse Season 2 begins airing. In addition to this, Kim So-yeon is planning to engage in various activities as a beauty influencer for her Cellex.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021012011485198819

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210120_0001311590&cID=10601&pID=10600

• Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, larus said:

After reading the article I want to share a few thoughts. I am so happy if Kim So yeon will have offers for more advertisements but I am really shocked to know that there was a rule to not choose actors who play villains for different ads.. It is so unfair. I am sorry but I still don`t understand how people can not diferenciate a character in a drama or movie with the real personality of an actor to the point that that actor has to be "punished" because she/he played that particular role. After playing the villainess in All About Eve, So yeon had a lot of people who hated her and not only the real character (that`s so immature!!!!)  but now I understand better why So yeon`s career stagned even after playing such a succesful role.  The common sense should dictate here. The good image of actors should be about how better they do their job and not what character they play. Beside talent, actors/ actreeses has to have a good reputation of their personal life (that I could understand). This time, the public knows very well Soyeon so even if the villainess Seo Jin made such an impact to the public, they know the real personality of So Yeon. I am so happy that this time I don`t hear/read about people hating So yeon because of a fictional character but admiring her talent, how she can play so well a difficult character. I am looking forward to see So yeon in more pictorials and why not, seeing her in new advertisements. And more than that, I hope she will gave better and more projects in the future.

Yep...

Which is why i kept saying as a fan who wishes her a great career this all went about 10 times better than we could have dreamed of. I am sure it was a difficult decision for her to chose that villain role because of how it defines the image for cf's and future roles. And how it affected her career before.

And yeah.. i can't understand it either.. But i am surprised to see you shocked. I thought you knew that about the korean entertainment industry^^ 

This combined with the prevalant type casting that goes hand in hand has such a negative influence on the industry. So much is simply about career management. When taking on certain roles might just lose you your cf's etc.

It got a little better but they still don't really seperate. Now her popularity is so big because there is this huge contrast and she appears to be so sweet and kind in real life. I think the contrast is fun and fascinating as well. But there are a lot of people who are genuinely shocked by that. Like what??

I am looking forward to see her in more pictorials. The Arena pictorial was great.

• Like 2

Lee Sang Woo To Make Special Appearance In Season 2 Of His Wife Kim So Yeon’s Hit Drama “The Penthouse”

Jan 21, 2021
by C. Hong
3faea9965ea0480691047192490f89e8.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Woo will be supporting his wife Kim So Yeon by making a special appearance in her hit drama “The Penthouse”!

On January 21, YTN Star reported that Lee Sang Woo would be making a special appearance in the second season of SBS’s “The Penthouse.” Kim So Yeon stars in “The Penthouse” as Cheon Seo Jin, the “diva” of Hera Palace.

Later, a source from Lee Sang Woo’s agency, HM Entertainment, confirmed to OSEN that the news of his special appearance in the drama’s upcoming new season was true.

Kim So Yeon and Lee Sang Woo met on the set of the MBC drama “Happy Home” and went public with their relationship in 2016. The couple got married in 2017. On MBC’s “How Do You Play?“, the actress recently talked about her husband’s reaction to her shocking scenes in “The Penthouse.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449880wpp/lee-sang-woo-to-make-special-appearance-in-season-2-of-his-wife-kim-so-yeons-hit-drama-the-penthouse

Watch: “The Penthouse” Cast Takes Care Of Each Other In Behind-The-Scenes Video

Jan 20, 2021
by J. K

The Penthouse” cast shows their consideration for each other and friendship in a new making-of video!

A new behind-the-scenes video gives another look at what happened on set while shooting the first season. As they film the family dinner scene in episode 6, Yoon Jong Hoon (as Ha Yoon Cheol) has to get up to leave the table first. While getting into place, someone off camera comments that Yoon Jong Hoon is quite tall. He laughs and says he’s not really, but he asks if he should spread his legs out wide when he’s standing. To get a better shot, he ends up doing that before he leaves the scene.

the-penthouse-4.jpg

While filming the scene of Cheon Seo Jin and her father on the staircase, Kim So Yeon is pleased to see Choi Ye Bin (her onscreen daughter Ha Eun Byeol) watching her on set and gives her a happy wave, so Choi Ye Bin makes a heart with her arms for her.

Choi Ye Bin explains to the making-of camera that she’s watching her mother’s “horrific murder scene,” jokingly pretending to be terrified. When asked to say something to her “mom,” Choi Ye Bin says with a laugh, “Mom! I think you should stop killing people” before adding, “Mom, I love you.”

the-penthouse-31.jpg

Spoiler

the-penthouse-23.jpg

A rehearsal takes place for the scene where Cheon Seo Jin confronts Eugene and Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) in a parking lot, and Eugene jokes, “Women must be making Dan Tae tired too.” Kim So Yeon and Uhm Ki Joon laugh as they try to figure out how they’ll fight and they rehearse their scene.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449795wpp/watch-the-penthouse-cast-takes-care-of-each-other-in-behind-the-scenes-video

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 3:00 AM, Fabbo said:

And yeah.. i can't understand it either.. But i am surprised to see you shocked. I thought you knew that about the korean entertainment industry^^ 

This combined with the prevalant type casting that goes hand in hand has such a negative influence on the industry. So much is simply about career management. When taking on certain roles might just lose you your cf's etc.

I really did not know. I knew that some audience is very much influenced by the character the actors are playing and can not view the actor outside the character but I thought that stops there. But to find out that advertasement business don`t give the actors who play villains any job (it is an unspoken rule but they aplied this) it is mindblowing. That means there are a lot of public that stays in the delusions and they follow the public trend (it`s business after all).

I remember how Jason Alexander (who played in Seinfeld)  told a story how he was insulted, spit or hit because of his role in Pretty Woman. Some people are unbelievable.

A villain character has to stay there, in the movie. An actor who plays  a hero is not necesarry a saint in real life and vice versa. But a moral conduct of an actor outside the fictional character is important.

I agree that they tend to give the similar role after a succes but, as I said, I hope Kim So Yeon will know how to avoid the typecast.

I am so happy that So yeon is in the spotlight now. I am a little sad that it is this kind of drama that public is interested mostly these days, but that`s it. One experience in crazy makjang genre is alright. Cheon Seo Jin is a succesful role. This success is no joke. I am really glad that So Yeon experienced this success as an actress. Last time she had a successful role of this magnitude was in Iris.

I also want to see So Yeon in a pictorial (with an interview) too. Last year she appeared just on time in a December pictorial. I saw today that Lee Ji Ah, one of her co star from Penthouse, appeared in two pictorials this month. Plus Eugene and Park Eun Seok with one pictorial.

Let see what is ahead of So yeon. In February, she will appear as a model for Maeil Dairy . Organic food advertisement?

I can`t wait.

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon, the lady in black

The most recent

96088fe44810f82ef8971702530618ed0525924e

Spoiler

7bb8c89bb7e1f0e58432641bb820ed5f.jpg

Kim+Yeon+Salvatore+Ferragamo+Autumn+Wint

20190407071019653uyqb.jpg

Kim.So-yeon.full.74826.jpg

2031B4174A2CA4EA5E?original

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=3&simg=2018101

optimize

Kim.So-yeon.full.74728.jpg

Kim.So-yeon.full.74733.jpg

Kim.So-yeon.full.74777.jpg

befb03866c7caa9bdc4cae7397e85504487ef758

Kim.So-yeon.full.74857.jpg

Kim.So-yeon.full.74845.jpg

Kim.So-yeon.full.74841.jpg

south-korean-actress-kim-soyeon-attends-

75ee1c7fc6eb0a434105537852b37513.jpg

Kim.So-yeon.full.74860.jpg

2020102214264258464_1603344401.jpg

e6172c2c5627d55f3be84cdb6d2cf960.jpg

fullsizephoto513421.jpg

photo1215083.jpg

fullsizephoto1101927.jpg

fullsizephoto1005030.jpg

fullsizephoto1005032.jpg

fullsizephoto905498.jpg

photo774266.jpg

fullsizephoto779591.jpg

fullsizephoto774262.jpg

fullsizephoto650494.jpg

http://www.newsa.co.kr/news/photo/201210/48185_44671_0000.jpg

kim-soyeon-attends-the-mbc-drama-2-weeks

2011012509070540759_1.jpg

kim-so-yeon-awesome.jpg?w=693&ssl=1

kim-so-yeon-hot-legs.jpg?w=400&ssl=1

kim-so-yeon-beautiful-pics.jpg?w=570&ssl

kim-so-yeon-cleavage.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

069d55c6858e7d87dc0b1c588411d31172971812

photo646931.jpg

photo646925.jpg

fullsizephoto513539.jpg

387c0eee8901cabcimage2.jpg

http://www.breaknews.com/imgdata/breaknews_com/201804/2018040642518442.jpg

kim-so-yeon-hot-black-dress01.jpg?resize

kim-so-yeon-beautiful.jpg?w=570&ssl=1

kim-so-yeon-outdoor-pics.jpg?w=540&ssl=1

kim-so-yeon-lingerie.jpg?w=420&ssl=1

In Penthouse So yeon is wearing black so much. I lost count of the black outfits. :D

Spoiler

5f97e0e12400005910b030f0.jpeg?cache=zi6X

2257896035c49791f7d126df851221e896e059b8

3f47c186bbbaae99930f9c568f3ec739e2f99c5b

123623635_4173506442666053_8732194869589

8b3b8796b00f605636d3fa5e07cc62d76877a513

877393120c3540b9bf48b1e81e7048c0ba919c33

c9d2440001294083602b6b0fafff504acc50543f

413886b7198457afa5ef007d527f4a843be7180a

863a2f7937a4c8de36819ae4ed9b9fac76c5e585

the-penthouse-kim-so-yeon-inspired-earri

69a0071ebfd7751098d49d59b0d0bc8c81f4b51a

37b1485f6cc5bac743a81eaf7e6a99967dfed2b8

And much more.

• Like 1

“The Penthouse” Star Yoon Jong Hoon Dishes On Season 2, His Chemistry With Kim So Yeon And Eugene, And More

Jan 23, 2021
by E. Cha
fc961ee59e8749a68221f46fcfc3d232.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview, Yoon Jong Hoon talked about his smash hit drama “The Penthouse” and his chemistry with his co-stars!

In Season 1 of the popular SBS drama, Yoon Jong Hoon stole viewers’ hearts with his portrayal of the conflicted Ha Yoon Cheol, the husband of Cheon Seo Jin (played by Kim So Yeon) and the first love of Oh Yoon Hee (played by S.E.S.’s Eugene). His character’s helplessness even earned him the amusing nickname “weak-sexy” among fans of the drama, who found the mix of his strong paternal instinct and mild personality endearing.

Praising his on-screen wife, Yoon Jong Hoon shared, “Kim So Yeon is such a flawless actress in every way that she even made me think, ‘She might be a perfect actress.’ It was so much fun acting with her, and she also made it easy to focus.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1450380wpp/the-penthouse-star-yoon-jong-hoon-dishes-on-season-2-his-chemistry-with-kim-so-yeon-and-eugene-and-more

Fashion Recap: 28 Most Stylish Characters In 2020 K-Dramas

Jan 24, 2021

2020 has been a whirlwind of surprises whether good or bad, and most of us are probably glad to bid goodbye to the year that was. But in K-dramaland, the last year has produced some of the best dramas that kept our stay-at-home days well worth it and helped us escape into captivating stories. Aside from epic pairings, heart-stopping narratives, and unforgettable moments, here’s a list of fashionable characters that have made a mark in 2020 K-dramas:

Glam Rivals

Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, and Eugene of “The Penthouse

Whether they’re competing to maintain the status quo, battling for who has the best child, or simply fighting against each other, there’s no question that the ladies of “The Penthouse” are all equally best-dressed in their own individual styles. There’s no shortage of glam in this world of luxury, and this drama gives us a peek into the lifestyles of the top percent of Korea’s rich and famous and a glimpse of their wardrobe too.

penthouse_.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449261wpp/fashion-recap-28-most-stylish-characters-in-2020-k-dramas

• Like 1