Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Updates shared by lilcrash and kdramafanusa at IRIS drama thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=212404

Kim So Yeon Joins ‘IRIS’

by Hanfever

904xmf.jpg

Korean actress Kim So Yeon is the latest to be cast in the upcoming KBS spy drama “IRIS“, alongside Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Hee. Despite the current dismal economic conditions, “IRIS” boasts a huge production budget of 20billion won, together with star-studded cast such as Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Jung Joon Ho, Kim Seung Woo, T.O.P and of course, now we have Kim So Yeon as well.

It is known that Kim So Yeon will be playing as a attractive female agent who has received the order to assassinate Lee Byung Hun. However, during the process, she falls in love with him and eventually betrayed her organization. Due to the plot requirements, Kim So Yeon will attempt a large number of action scenes in the drama and this is her first time doing so since her debut.

“IRIS” consists of 20 episodes and will begin filming in March in Japan’s Akita Prefecture. But this is not all, the team will shift to countries like Russia, China and USA for overseas filming at a later date as well. The drama is scheduled for broadcast in the second half of 2009.

Woo, I’m getting excited for this. Now with the addition of Kim So Yeon, I’m all ready to watch this. Star-studded cast, plus action drama is still my cup of tea.

---

Source: KBS

Actress Kim So-yeon to Join 'IRIS' as Sexy Agent

[ 2009-02-19 ]

090219fn5.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon will join the high profile cast of the upcoming spy action drama series "IRIS" starring Lee Byeong-heon and Kim Tae-hee. She will play a sexy agent.

The drama's production agency Taewon Entertainment said, "Kim will turn into a provocative warrior playing Kim Seon-hwa, a North Korean agent. She is up for some intense action scenes."

Under the order of the team chief played by actor Kim Seung-woo, Kim Seon-hwa doggedly tails South Korean special agent Kim Hyeon-jun (Lee Byeong-heon). After being abandoned by the North regime, she fatefully falls in love with Lee. She creates an intense love triangle with Kim Tae-hee and Lee to the very end.

"IRIS" is expected to air on KBS 2TV in the second half of the year. Filming will start next month in Akita Prefecture, Japan.

Thanks to the highlight at LBH Magicbox, article & pics from sakigake.jp

March 16, 2009

Thrilled with the enthusiastic reception

On March 15, Lee Byung Hun and the cast & staff of IRIS held an interview & press conference before a reception at the Castle Hotel Akita in Akita City

20090316d22.jpg

More IRIS 15/3 Interview+press pics, highlighted by Ping-bhjwlove.com & ylin at EverythingLBH

Original photos from akitapref.exblog.jp

c0177717_054464.jpg

c0177717_045692.jpg

c0177717_0325194.jpg

Posted on 03.19.09 to IRIS, Korean Dramas by hanfever

‘IRIS’ Teaser Poster Out

iris_poster1.jpg

Probably a little surprise or early here, but the teaser poster for the upcoming spy action drama “IRIS” was released today (18th), despite the 20-episode drama being scheduled to air only in the second half of the year.

“IRIS”, which boasts a mega-budget of over 20billion won and a stellar cast which includes Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Jung Joon Ho, Kim So Yeon, Kim Seung Woo, T.O.P and Yoo Min, is one of the most anticipated drama of 2009. The poster which was out today shows the 6 main cast unanimously in their respective black outfits, which really looks kind of cool and conveys the impression of a spy action drama on first glance.

[Hanfever] Out of all, I think Kim So Yeon stands out the most, despite her side-facing pose which only shows half-her face. Her eye-expression, mysterious veil and style are exactly what catches my attention. (Hmm… or maybe it was her back?)

The team is currently filming in Akita Prefecture, Japan and will be staying till the end of the month. After which, they will continue their filming in various locations spanning across Europe and Russia.

Source: hanfever.com

• 2 weeks later...

Posted on 03.27.09 to Star News by hanfever

Kim So Yeon Spreads Her Love In Mexico

kim_so_yeon_mexico_16.jpg

For a teenage girl living in a slum in Mexico, actress Kim So Yeon had spent several sleepless nights practicing guitar. On the cable Olive TV, Kim So Yeon has displayed a heart-warming act where she had volunteered to help a 13-year-old teenage girl “Hudiseu” in the two weeks that she was in Mexico early this year.

Hudiseu lost her father at the age of 5. Hence her family’s situation became increasingly difficult and she couldn’t afford to play the violin that she had interest in as and when she likes. So for her, Kim So Yeon made her first guitar performance with Mexico Mariachi (a small local band group, and includes Hudiseu) at a popular event in Mexico.

kim_so_yeon_mexico_21.jpg

Kim So Yeon said: “I wish to attempt difficult challenges, so as to stimulate a greater courage in me,” expressing her motive for helping the teenage girl.

However, the local organizing committee was initially displeased with Kim So Yeon’s poor guitar performance and even wanted to deny her from performing. They said: “Such a novice guitar performance would be hard to be moved to the stage especially when the event would be attended by many prominent locals.” After knowing about the situation, Kim So Yeon began to spend the next several nights practicing her guitar, till the point where her hand bleeds.

kim_so_yeon_mexico_14.jpg

th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_01.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_03.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_04.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_05.jpg

th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_06.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_07.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_10.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_11.jpg

Apart from this, she also gave Mariachi some T-shirts that she had brought from Korea. She told them: “Let’s wear the shirts together for our performances.” She also went to the church early in the morning to pray Mariachi, wishing that the band can achieve their dreams ultimately.

Finally, Kim So Yeon with an enhanced guitar skills over the course of few days, played her own version of “Besame Mucho” beautifully and won the praises and cheers of the locals. After the performance, she gave Hudiseu who used to rent violin for practice, a brand new violin.

kim_so_yeon_mexico_09.jpg

The locals had compliments for Kim So Yeon. One of them said: “Kim So Yeon’s sincerity touched all of us.” Hudiseu also expressed her gratitude towards Kim So Yeon and said: “Sister is my most precious friend. Her actions have made me learned a lot things. In order to fulfill my dreams, I will be sure to work even harder in the future.”

Lastly, Kim So Yeon expressed her thoughts about this meaningful trip. She said: “I feel very happy in helping Hudiseu to realize her dreams. Even though my help might be significant, but the thought of being able to be a role model for her makes me even happier.”

This Mexico trip recorded in the program “Olive Special - Beautiful Day In Slow Life” will be broadcast on the 27th March and 3rd April.

kim_so_yeon_mexico_15.jpg

th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_21.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_12.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_13.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_06.jpg

th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_17.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_19.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_20.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_mexico_18.jpg

Source: hanfever.com

Posted on 11.03.08 to Star News by hanfever

Kim So Yeon in Wedding Gown :wub:

kim_so_yeon_wedding_08.jpg

Kim So Yeon transformed into gorgeous bride when she did a photo shoot with a Korean wedding magazine recently. These photos were taken at Guam, a beautiful island in the western Pacific Ocean. Kim So Yeon in wedding gown together with the beautiful scenery of the island in the background has left a deep impression for many.

kim_so_yeon_wedding_04.jpg

th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_06.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_11.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_08.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_09.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_10.jpg

The photographer responsible for the photo shoot expressed, “Kim So Yeon’s perfect body shape truly enhances the wedding gowns. Especially for the pink wedding gown, apart from Kim So Yeon, it is hard to find another suitable model.”

kim_so_yeon_wedding_07.jpg

th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_01.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_02.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_03.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_12.jpg th_kim_so_yeon_wedding_05.jpg

Kim So Yeon expressed: “I have had the experience of putting on the wedding gowns in the past. However compared to previous times, I feel that I’m more suitable to put on a wedding gown now. Although I still do not have the plan to get married yet, but I get very excited after putting them on, as though I’m really a bride about to get married.”

kim_so_yeon_wedding_13.jpg

She looks gorgeous, doesn’t she? I can’t believe she is only 167cm because she looks extremely tall in these photos.

Source: mydaily via hanfever.com

• 2 weeks later...

Partly-gisted, mostly-guessed

Kim So Yeon's recent appearance in IRIS postershoot with very short hair and sexy black dress holding a gun have been garnering interest on the internet amongst fans. Though an interview with Chosun Ilbo on the 15th, KSY stated that she wasn't wearing a wig but instead had cut her trademark long hair to create a better & effective agent-persona acting in the upcoming series.

Kim who plays a North Korean agent tracking and following NSS Agent Kim Hyun Joon (played by Lee Byung Hun) eventually falls in love with him during the thrilling course of the 20-episode action-spy series.

---

April 15, 2009

Kim So Yeon, Short Hair & Sexy Agent

김소연, 머리카락 싹둑 ‘섹시 여전사 변신’

경제투데이 원문 기사전송 2009-04-15 11:07

N2009041511062142001.jpg

(경제투데이=손재은 기자) 배우 김소연이 이미지 변신을 했다.

현재 KBS2 새드라마 ‘아이리스’의 촬영에 한창인 김소연은 지난달 공개된 포스터에서 그동안 고수했던 긴 머리카락을 포기하고 숏커트 헤어스타일을 선보였다. 이를 최근 자신의 미니홈피에도 사진을 올려놓아 관심을 받고 있는 것.

사진의 대다수는 김소연이 ‘아이리스’ 촬영을 준비하는 모습들이 담겨있다. 특히 포스터 촬영 현장에 촬영한 사진은 강렬한 눈빛으로 카리스마를 내뿜는다. 블랙 드레스에 총을 들은 모습은 섹시한 여전사 분위기를 연출했다.

이를 본 팬들은 “머리카락을 자르니 본드걸 느낌이다” “포스가 정말 예술이다”라고 찬사를 보내고 있다. 몇몇 팬들은 “진짜로 머리카락을 자른 것인가” “가발 아닌가”라고 궁금증을 표하기도.

1162000001.jpg

김소연의 소속사 측은 15일 본지와 전화통화에서 “가발이 아니고 머리카락을 자른 것이다. 드라마 캐릭터에 맞춰야 하기 때문에 외모에 변화를 줬다”며 “김소연 역시 연기 변신을 위해 흔쾌히 머리카락을 잘랐다”고 밝혔다.

김소연은 ‘아이리스’에서 북한 호위부 요원이자 작전부 공작원 김선화 역을 맡았다. 북한 호위부 호위팀장 박철영(김승우 분)의 명령에 따라 남한 특수요원 김현준(이병헌 분)을 끊임없이 추격하지만 그를 사랑하게 되는 인물이다.

그동안 도도하고 도시적 이미지로 많은 사랑을 받아온 그녀. 첩보 액션의 중심에 서서 강도 높은 액션을 소화해야 하는 여전사로 변신하게 된다.

한편, ‘아이리스’는 숨 막히는 첩보액션과 로맨스까지 더해진 한국형 블록버스터. 김소연을 비롯해 이병헌 김태희 정준호 김승우 T.O.P 등 톱배우들이 출연하며 200억원에 달하는 제작비를 자랑한다. 2009년 하반기 방영될 예정이다.[사진=김소연 미니홈피]

Credits: jaeni0224@eto.co.kr via news.nate.co

• 2 weeks later...
Guest riehae

She is really good actress.

If only she were given more leading roles instead of the villain ones.

Well, I guess that's the image she gives and what they think suits her the best.

Guest patak.ulan

she's one of my favorite actresses.... and her role in iris seems to fit her perfectly. the short hair is hot!

she is also very pretty, i thought that if i ever had to choose a face i'd choose to look like her hahahaha :P

• 2 months later...

July 6, 2009

Thanks to the highlight at Planet BH0712 l Original captures from tvzonebbs.media.daum.net

[iRIS Journal] Kim So Yeon in Hungary

irishungary1.jpg

irishungary5.jpg

irishungary6.jpg

Kim So-yeon has been filming in Hungary for the scenes where she is Kim Seon-hwa, the North Korean Secret spy agent. They have finished filiming in Hungary but they have been spotted by Hungarian reporters during their 4 week stay. The unreleased stills of this drama are out!

Already thousands of Hungarians have viewed these stills. The scene contains a lot of action and Hungarian police doing stunts!

The weather is sultry but Kim is doing her best action moves in those black leather jumpers.

Can't wait until these the drama is finished!

Source: news.nate.com l Credits: Hancinema l thanks to willenette at IRIS

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to ay_link at Jazzholic for the update and lilcrash for the highlight at IRIS

August 14, 2009

Kim So Yeon injured for the 2nd time

Poor Kim So Yeon. This is her 2nd time injured on location, while shooting and it seems like she really needs to take it easy. I hope she gets plenty of rest before resuming to work! IRIS, only 2 months away… 아자아자!!

Kim So Yeon’s “IRIS” shooting injury, needing 14 stitches

Actress Kim So Yeon got injured while shooting. As a result, her ligament was ruptured and needed immediate assistance. This is her second injury in 3 months, the first time was in May when she has to treat her injury with 12 stitches.

According to “IRIS” production team, Kim So Yeon has shown her enthusiasm in doing all those action scenes. Therefore, she got injured in the process, though it was as serious as people thought it could be.

In the meantime, the rest of the cast, such as Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Seung Woo, Jung Jung Ho, TOP (Big Bang) have made “IRIS” cast so attractive and appealing. The production team spend about 200 million Won to shoot this drama all across Asia and Europe, including other overseas locations.

“IRIS” is scheduled to be airing on KBS2 TV on October 14.

Source: jazzholic.com

Guest LolitaMan

Looks like it'll be a great Drama. She'll look just perfect falling in love with LBH. They both look similar as far as age-wise beauty. KTH looks too childish for LBH lol.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I really love KSY's appearance at the showcase, funky & simply chic! The mini-skirt matches her bracelet and the white shirt looks very familiar. :lol:

Thanks so much lilcrash, these pics are absolute treat! :wub: