Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

Guest papabear

What's next for Lee Young Ae? Marriage. I know some volunteers who can help her with that... hahaha

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest discern

Ahaha I initially set up my own Young Ae thread but then the moderators told me she had a thread so I came. She's super talented & pretty. As where most of her fan base came from, I also liked her after watching Dae Jang Geum. She's really really pretty and acts really really well.

I'm tracking this topic & coming here often! :D

Hi meizhen, good to see you here. :)

Share & talk everything about LYA here, ok... she's a real gem & talented actress, that's for sure!

----

May 11, 2007

Actresses Jang, Yang, Lee Top Chinese Poll

070511ent2ne3.jpg

Korean actresses Jang Seo-hui, Yang Mi-kyung and Lee Young-ae ranked first to third among actresses in a Chinese survey on the most influential Korean actors and actresses.

Jang, who starred in the Korean drama 'Miss Mermaid,' was the highest ranking actress at 7th overall, following male stars Bae Yong-jun, Song Seung-heon, Kwon Sang-woo, An Jae-wook, Kim Seong-taek and Ryu Si-won.

Following Jang was veteran actress Yang Mi-kyung and Lee Young-ae, stars of the hit Korean drama 'Daejanggum' (Jewel in the Palace). Then came Choi Ji-woo, Song Hye-gyo, Son Ye-jin, Han Chae-young and Lee Dae-hae.

Among actors, Bae Yong-jun topped the list while 4th-ranking An Jae-wook again proved his decade-long popularity in China.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...4775_11858.html

Guest discern

Hello everybody! -waves-

Anyway, just this little site I found, I've been going to all my favourite star's threads and posting their position up if they are in the list. So this list is about the Top 50 Most Influential Korean Stars. :]

Guess where our Young Ae ranks?

TOP 10 AMONG ALL THE KOREAN STARS IN WHOLE OF KOREA!!

A major reason to celebrate!! -claps claps claps-!! And among all Korean ACTRESSES, she's 3rd!! :]

Okay, the link's -> HERE, go and visit there for the whole list. I can't save the picture of the rankings as the whole, so sorry guys. But anyway, the thing's in chinese so if anybody's really curious about what they're saying, you can ask me to translate cause I know chinese.

P.S. Oops, I just realised that rubie posted in the previous post about Actresses Jang, Yang, Lee Top Chinese Poll, I guess that's the news part of the poll, but I got the original site of the poll. I think it's the same poll. Heh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyelin

wow, she's so pretty

i like her in jewel in the palace

it's one of the best foreign dramas in indonesia ^__^

• 2 weeks later...

June 1, 2007

'Jewel in the Palace' Team to Meet Fans at Tokyo Dome

By Jung Joo-yang

Korea Times Intern

200706011203373010id9.jpg

The cast of the popular Korean drama "Jewel in the Palace" will host an appreciation festival for their fans at Tokyo Dome Aug. 11, a news report said Friday. In this festival, the whole cast including Lee Yong-Ae who plays Janggeum and Jee Jin-Hee who takes the role of Min Jung-ho will perfom scenes from the drama. Japanese singer Moriyama Ryoko and Korean ballad singer Shin Seung-hoon will light up the stage as special guests.

This grand scale festival is held in appreciation to the fans that have shown support for the drama. The show will have an opening event, followed by three parts "Jaehoe," "Haehwa," "Yeonga," and a finale.

The first part, "Jaehoe," is expected to feature a talk show with the producers and the actors of "Jewel in the Palace." In the second part "Haehwa" the actors will reenact the most memorable scenes in the form of a special concert. In the last part "Yeonga" the fans and the actors will have a chance to exchange their thoughts and mingle together.

"Jewel in the Palace" premiered in October of 2003 in Korea, and was one of the most beloved Korean dramas, with an average viewing rate 46.3 percent. It was exported to 30 other nations such as China, Japan, and America as well.

Moreover, it was remade into various art forms such as cartoons, animations, and musicals. The "Jewel in the Palace" is now considered as one of the most influential of Korean cultural pieces.

janee@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2...6/135_4006.html

May 29, 2007

'Dae Jang Geum' becomes the number one show in Iran!

2830mf9.jpg

'Dae Jang Geum', one of the most popular dramas ever made and exported by MBC of Korea, is having its time of fame in Iran reported by 'The World News Journal' of China.

According to the article, 'Dae Jang Geum' which is currently being broadcasted more than half-way of the series on the 'Channel 2' of Iran every Friday, this drama tops the viewing rate of all Iranian channels.

As the story of 'Dae Jang Geum' progresses, the actors and actresses like Lee Young Ae and Ji Jin Hee became the top celebrities of Iran. They can be seen everywhere including cover of the magazines on magazine stand.

Blogs related to 'Dae Jang Geum' are being created by Iranians and it's becoming the hottest conversation issue along with the free download of the drama and the OST.

"All I've heard about Korea until recently is Samsung Electronics, Hyundai automobiles and that's about it. I've never imagined Korea would have such a beautiful clothes, food and colors." Said one of the blog users.

'The World News Journal' of China reported that the purpose of this article is to awaken and suggest that the China's Culture and Contents Business should learn from 'Dae Jang Geum's success story and follow its path.

[Copyright © 2007 Yonhap News Corp. All rights reserved.]

Copied from http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=283

June 02, 2007

Korean TV drama capturing Iranian hearts: Chinese weekly

20070531028llt1.jpg

Having crossed Asia, a Korean historical drama is now gaining fans in Iran, a Chinese magazine reported.

The mini-series “Jewel in the Palace” (Daejanggeum in Korean), which became an Asian-wide megahit, is currently being aired on Iran's state TV Channel 2 and has topped the ratings there, according to China's Weekly World News on Tuesday (May 29).

With nearly half of the episodes having aired, the main actors -- Lee Young-ae as Lady Jang-geum and Ji Jin-Hee as court official Min Jung-ho -- have become well known among Iranian viewers as more and more local TV magazines run their stories.

“Daejanggeum" is based on the life of a 16th century royal cook Jang-geum in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) who became the first and only woman physician to serve a Korean king.

With its growing popularity, an increasing number of blogs and online cafes in Iran are covering the series, the Chinese weekly reported, introducing “Yen Yen” as one of the most active Daejanggeum-related Internet cafes where users can discuss Korean culture and exchange information about the drama.

One Teheran University student who posted a comment on the website, said Korea's Confucianist culture is similar to Muslim culture since it stresses self-discipline and cultivation of the mind.

Another viewer wrote that the drama is a thumbs-up export item that introduces the beauty of traditional Korean clothes and food to Iranians, who used to know only Hyundai cars and gadgets from Samsung Electronics.

Daejanggeum is helping Iranians differentiate Korean culture from that of China and Japan, the weekly quoted Yen Yen's owner as saying.

Source: KOREA.net

http://www.korea.net/news/news/newsView.as...Day=&page=1

Guest kyelin

iran? are you kidding me?

woww!!!! :sweatingbullets:

sooooooooooooooo very proud!!!!!!

though i'm not korean but i'm really glad reading your news rubie, thanks

anyway jewel in the palace is deserved to be number 1 in any place in the world

bcos the story, the players and also the scenes are really good

thanks for sharing ^__________________^

I love her immediately when I watched her from DJG. <333 I even bought all 3 volumes-boxset! It's really worth buy for. ;] and thanks to sylver for cb links of both sxs and infinity challenge. ^^ definitely am looking forward to watch it whenver its finished downloading. ^^b

• 5 weeks later...
Guest mandalaywith

Hi

All of Fan :D

Nice to meet you.

I'm Myanmar Fan.

Lee Young Ae is very so pretty.

update to some LYA pics.

IMG_0048.jpg

dsc02090mr3.jpg

55.jpg

Source: Leeyongae.net(offical Fan club website)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mandalaywith, welcome to Lee Young Ae thread! :)

---

July 27, 2007

'Dae Jang Geum' festival to be held in Japan

3410bl3.jpg

'Dae Jang Geum Festival,' featuring music and dance, videos, etc. of the most popular Hallyu drama series 'Dae Jang Geum,' will be held on August 11th at Tokyo Dome.

The event which is being sponsored by the Korea Tourism Organization will feature the main actors and actresses including Lee Young Ae, Ji Jin Hee, Lim Ho, Gyeon Mi Ri, Yeo Woon Gye, Lim Hyun Shik, Jo Jung Eun, Kim So Yi, and others who will greet fans on stage and deliver a message of appreciation.

Shin Seung Hoon will also perform his hit song 'I Believe' and others while Moriyama Ryoko who released a Hallyu drama OST will perform a song from the Dae Jang Geum OST.

The cast will ride the special Dae Jang Geum plane provided by Asiana Airlines as part of their Hallyu marketing going from Gimpo to Japan.

Director Hwang Byung Gook who is in charge of the festival says, "It is a modest event expressing our appreciation to the Japanese fans that have provided much love for 'Dae Jang Geum,' one of the main Hallyu drama series."

Source: BROASIA.com

http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=341

Guest kyelin

aw, she's so loveable^^

wanna pinch her cheeks

though i'm a girl but don't kow i like to see her

lee young ae is my cute baby doll, hahaha

thanks mandalay ^_____________^

btw, i'm not good at photoshop

would u guys make me a lee young ae banner please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those like the couple JDG and LYA; they meet up again after 10 years go to LeeYoungAe.net to load or watch the video; It's really cute and their chemistry is still there. JDG is so sweet; LYA can't carry the vase and the guy helped her carried the vase and was about to go in JDG stopped him and get the vase and they both walk in.

withjangddonggunov2.jpg

20070914chunsafilmfestiql4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amane~matsuo

Speaking of LYA & JDG~ ^^

14dn210.jpg

2007-08-17 09:50 AM

Herald Media

By Seo Byeong-Gi, wp@heraldm.com

There's something common that people feel about Jang Dong-Geon and Lee Young-Ae--both of them are nearly perfect in their self-management. Of course, that's not to say that even a poke of a needle would not cause them to bleed (* a Korean idiom referring to someone cold and merciless).

Some even feel that they are almost inapproachable. And that's something more or less taken for granted among other celebrities.

TV shows are taking advantage of such characteristic of the two. In these shows, celebrities who are personally close to them are considered to be on a different level just for that, and these two are rendered as someone extremely hard to meet in person, for the sake of the fun of the show.

On August 15, Kang Ho-Dong, the MC of 'The Knee God' in MBC's popular show 'Goldfish', pleaded to the guest of the day Gong Hyeong-Jin to make a phone call to Jang Dong-Geon. When the call was finally made, he asked Jang, "We met at the sauna, right? What did you think of my body?", then said, "Do you remember when we drank together? People won't believe me.."

Same goes for Lee Young-Ae. When she appeared in 'Muhandojeon' a while ago, the six men of the show made a big fuss trying to have a word with her. Even though the six men themselves are popular stars who have their own fans, the main focus of the show on the day was on how even more excited they were than ordinary people are when they meet a star. In fact, there was nothing particular about the conversation itself that went between Lee Young-Ae and the six guys.

These two are, so to speak, stars even to other stars. Even without their speckless conduct that have won the approval of many other stars, they already possess competence as a star because of their good looks. However, as the lifespan of stars who solely rely on good looks gets shorter, they chose a longer-term strategy to survive as actors instead of dwelling on short-term successes. Rather than being content with momentary glories or popularity, they picked high quality movies and projects that can enhance their acting skills, sometimes at the cost of low salaries.

They refrained from activities unrelated to acting, such as appearing in TV shows, attending fashion shows or luxury brand launch events. They have never been spotted driving under the influence, as other stars so commonly do. Nor have they been involved in scandalous love affairs. That's an unbelievable self-management.

If you work hard in your own area without minding the business of others, and always try to go the righteous way, you are bound to attract many admirers, regardless of what area you work in. Jang Dong-Geon and Lee Young-Ae are such examples in the entertainment field.

One obstacle to stars like them is the possibility of being considered ostentatious or hypocritical. The moment their good-mannered and nice attitude is interpreted as mere affectation, it becomes difficult to maintain their popularity, no matter how likable they were.

However, these two have already substantiated their nice outward image into their real life, so there is no such awkwardness. Therefore, Jang Dong-Geon and Lee Young-Ae are naturally being recognized as the upright man and the elegant woman representing the nation.

Quite a few stars with a likable image failed to last longer than those with the opposite image. That's because, while likability is a good thing, it lacks distinctiveness and therefore can become boring when repeatedly exposed to the public.

But Jang Dong-Geon and Lee Young-Ae are being continuously loved by the public as an exception that is both likable and long-lasting.

Guest kdramafanusa

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Korea)

All-time box office records

The numbers indicate amount of tickets sold, not financial gross (as of August 2007). Data from Koreanfilm.org and Film 2.0.

1. The Host - 13,019,740 (2006)

2. The King and The Clown - 12,302,831 (2005)

3. Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of war - 11,746,135 (2004)

4. Silmido - 11,074,000 (2003)

5. Friend - 8,134,500 (2001)

6. Welcome To Dongmakgol - 8,008,622 (2005)

7. D-War - 6,902,034 (2007)

8. Tazza: The High Rollers - 6,847,777 (2006)

9. 200 Pounds Beauty - 6,619,498 (2006)

10. Shiri - 6,210,000 (1999)

11. My Boss, My Teacher - 6,105,431 (2006)

12. JSA (Joint Security Area) - 5,830,000 (2000)

13. Marrying The Mafia 2 - 5,635,266 (2005)

14. May 18 - 5,609,005 (2007)

15. Marrying the Mafia - 5,021,001 (2002)

16. Marathon - 5,148,022 (2005)

17. Memories of Murder - 5,101,645 (2003)

18. My Sassy Girl - 4,852,845 (2001)

19. My Tutor Friend - 4,809,871 (2003)

20. Kick The Moon - 4,353,800 (2001)

21. My Wife is a Gangster - 4,180,900 (2001)

22. Typhoon - 4,094,395 (2005)

23. The Way Home - 4,091,000 (2002)

24. Sex is Zero - 4,089,900 (2002)

25. Another Public Enemy - 3,911,356 (2005)

26. Hanbando - 3,880,808 (2006)

27. Hi, Dharma - 3,746,000 (2001)

28. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - 3,648,808 (2005)

29. Marrying the Mafia 3 - 3,464,516 (2006)

30. Untold Scandal - 3,345,268 (2003)

31. My Boss, My Hero - 3,302,000 (2001)

32. Old Boy - 3,260,000 (2003)

33. Voice of a Murderer - 3,245,857 (2007)

34. My Little Bride - 3,149,500 (2004)

35. Maundy Thursday - 3,149,500 (2006)

36. Oh! Brothers - 3,125,256 (2003)

37. Once Upon a Time in High School - 3,115,767 (2004)

38. A Tale of Two Sisters - 3,110,000 (2003)

39. Mapado - 3,090,467 (2004)

40. Jail Breakers - 3,073,919 (2002)

41. You Are My Sunshine - 3,051,134 (2005)

available in my NEW CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

Please download lots and help make my CB gold! :w00t:

Thanks a bunch, Joyce! :D

[HQ] Chuseok Special Big Star X-File (2007-09-24) [789.0MB]

Nam Gyuri, Solbi, etc.; Kissing Scenes NGs (Hello! Miss, Dal Ja's Spring); Funny NGs (Seoul 1945, Cloud Stairway, Snow Queen); Pre-debut/Audition (Various Stars-Lee Jun Ki, Hyun Bin, Shinhwa, Jang Dong Gun, Lee Young Ae, Jeon Ji Hyun, Song Hye Gyo, Song Seung Heon); Other Highlights (Gong Yoo singing on Heroine 6)

If you're interested in being a part of my team of uploaders, please PM me. ^_^

Archived