Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

September 4, 2013
‘Dae Jang Geum’ actress gives inside look into her personal life
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily
1378304991_thumb.jpg

Actress Lee Young-ae of the well-known period drama “Dae Jang Geum” has shared her life as a wife and mother yesterday on SBS’s entertainment news show “Midnight TV Entertainment.”
Lee, who has been married for about five years, said that she has been cultivating her own little farm with her twins, a boy and a girl, to grow vegetables and fruits such as blueberries. 
“She now seems to be called a mother of two children rather than one of the top actresses,” said an official at SBS.
After stepping into the public eye, Lee also announced that she will take part in a pilot entertainment show on MBC during the Chuseok holiday. 
She is also scheduled to share her insights on cooking in a program that is tentatively scheduled to air on Korea’s lunar New Year holiday next year. 
art_1378305427.jpg
2013090500451468_1_rstarkja.jpg

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

September 14, 2013
10 Years On, Lee Young-ae Looks Back at 'Jewel in the Palace'
The Chosun Ilbo
This Sunday marks the 10th anniversary of the worldwide hit MBC series "Jewel in the Palace," which at one point reached a viewer rating of 57.8 percent.
The story about a cook at the Chosun court who overcomes hardships to become the king's first female physician captivated viewers in some 90 countries and marked the golden age of the Korean Wave.
2013091400385_0.jpg

To mark the anniversary, the show's star Lee Young-ae, gave the Chosun Ilbo an exclusive interview on Monday. 
"'Jewel in the Palace' was a great honor for me," says the 42-year-old actress. "I think it was loved so much because every element was perfect, and it carried a universal message of hope."
What was the most memorable moment when shooting the epic drama? 
"It was really cold and I didn't get much sleep. It was so difficult to memorize all the lines under these circumstances. What was good though was that we probably went everywhere in this country. I still have vivid memories of the people welcoming us everywhere we went." 
Was she disappointed to be replaced by a stand-in in cooking scenes?
"I even got a certificate from the Institute of Korean Royal Cuisine, before shooting started. I did the cooking scenes by myself in the early stages, but after I was rushed to emergency when I cut myself, we had to use a stand-in. But I learned a lot about making Korean food, so I sometimes cook royal cuisine like Sinseollo (a dish of meat and vegetables) at home. I got really good training in cutting and using knives thanks to the drama."
Thanks to the show, Lee got to meet Aung San Suu Kyi, the Nobel peace laureate and Burmese opposition leader, when she visited Korea early this year. "She said she enjoyed the show very much. I could feel the popularity of the drama whenever I went abroad. Even now, when I go for a walk with my husband to Itaewon, foreign tourists recognize me. Now that I'm married and a mother, I've become more laid-back and I'm sorry that I wasn't nicer to foreign fans when I was at the peak of my career."
2013091400385_1.jpg

Lee has been absent from the big screen since her last film "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" in 2005. 
"I had almost no private life in my 20s and 30s because I was so focused on my work, so I got married late (in 2008). I've been busy being married and becoming a mother, and I really wanted to spend time with my family. I couldn't do anything else really, because I was so happy looking at my 30-month-old twins."
Her family moved to a country house in Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi Province, about a year ago. "I'm very happy to be living as an ordinary mom in Yangpyeong. I am growing lettuce and feed my children seasonal food. I will have to think hard about their education when they're older, but for now I just want them to have fun in nature."
Recently, Lee was named as "peace ambassador" in charge of publicizing the environmental value and peacemaking potential of the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas. 
"After I became a mother, I realized how precious peace is. I wouldn't ask for anything else if children can live healthily in a peaceful country. So with that responsibility in mind, I willingly accepted it." 
She is currently working on a food documentary for TV scheduled to be aired in January next year. When will she be back full-time? 
"I'd be happy to get in front of camera any time if a good film or TV project comes up. I thought perhaps it would be fun making an indie film about my life in the countryside."

September 14, 2013
Lee Young Ae leaves to Paris showing all-black airport fashion STARN News 2013091410180015.jpg
Lee Young Ae's airport fashion became a hot issue.

On September 14th, Lee Young Ae left to Paris to attend 'Gucci 2014 S/S Collection' which is taking place in Milan, Italy.
Lee Young Ae appeared at the airport in black jacket, t-shirt, pants, shoes, and bag.
She showed a perfect skin condition, and drew attention with her beautiful smile.
Meanwhile, netizens made comments, such as "Have a fun time in Europe", "She's looking so chic", "She looks so happy to be with her husband", and "Lee Young Ae is never getting old." /Reporting by Oh jin ju en@starnnews.com
20130914_1379137878_68134600_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

September 23, 2013
Lee Young-ae’s Renaissance

23212041.jpg
Iconic actress Lee Young-ae, who became one of Asia’s biggest stars thanks to her hit drama “Dae Jang Geum” a decade ago, hosted a special Korean cuisine showcase last week in Italy, in cooperation with Italian luxury label Gucci, the brand’s local PR representative announced yesterday.
The dinner was held in Florence, a city that has shown great interest in Korean culture, most notably by hosting a Korean film festival for the past 11 years. 
Despite the interest, Korean food has not been properly introduced in the venerable Italian city, which is nearly without any Korean restaurants, so the Italian fashion house decided to promote Korean cuisine there together with Lee.
“It makes my heart race that I can share Korean cuisine in this city with 2,000 years of history,” said Lee during the dinner.
“To Koreans, sharing food means sharing friendship, and I hope this will be a stepping stone for Korea and Italy to grow closer.”
On hand at the dinner were many leading local luminaries of the arts, including Riccardo Gelli, director of Florence Korea Film Festival.
The results can soon be seen as part of an SBS documentary, tentatively titled “Lee Young-ae’s Feast.” The program is scheduled to air during the Lunar New Year holiday next year. 

September 23, 2013
S. Korean actress dines on hansik with Gucci
PYH2013092400210031500_P2.jpg
South Korean actress Lee Young-ae (L) dines on hansik, or Korean food, at the Gucci Mueseo in Florence, Italy, on Sept. 17, 2013 with Gucci's CEO Patrizio di Marco. The event was arranged to promote Korean food globally through a city known for its cultural heritage. Lee has become an icon of hansik after her successful starring role in TV drama "Daejanggeum" about Korean food served for the royal court. (Photo courtesy of Gucci) (Yonhap

September 24, 2013
Lee Young-ae Impresses Fashion Moguls with Korean Dishes
The Chosun Ilbo
2013092401088_0.jpg
Actress Lee Young-ae participated in a fashion show for Gucci's women's Spring/Summer 2014 Collection in Milan last week.
She also met Anna Wintour, editor of the U.S. fashion magazine Vogue. 
At a separate dinner event in Florence co-hosted with Gucci CEO Patrizio di Marco, Lee presented traditional Korean dishes to guests.
"I hope this event will provide an opportunity for Korea and Italy to know each other better through their shared love of food," said the 

September 23, 2013
Hallyu drama celebrates 10 years
By Kim Ji-soo The Korea Times
130923_p02_hallyu.jpg
Actress Lee Young-ae poses in this file photo for the “Jewel in the Palace,” a popular “hallyu” or Korean wave drama that marks its 10th birthday this year./ Korea Times file
Amid skepticism about “hallyu” or the Korean wave, a 2003 Korean drama “Jewel in the Palace” continues on the airwaves a decade after its first airing in 2003.
The broadcaster MBC has announced that it will put out special programs to mark the 10th anniversary of the epic drama about a female royal chef of the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910). Starring actors Lee Young-ae and Ji Jin-hee, the drama was produced for $15 million. Since its first airing, it has achieved 57 percent viewer ratings in Korea, and has pulled in $40 million worldwide, becoming the definitive K-drama that catapulted Lee and Ji into global hallyu stars. It has also been made into a musical.
The 54-episode drama, initially popular in Asia, has been broadcast in countries such as Nigeria. MBC will air on Oct. 7 and on Oct. 14 the route that the drama has taken to reach foreign airwaves. The route will take viewers through England, the United States, China, Sri Lanka, Belarus and countries in Africa. The network will also air a special version of its entertainment program “Eoseoohseyo” which will feature eight students from Ankara University and Ericyes University in Turkey competing for a scholarship.
The eight will learn Korean and Korean culture, and one will be selected through a competition for a one-year study program in Korea. This program will be shown in October. The network is also expected to air six hours of the 2013 Global Conference Forum on Oct. 18, which will look into the influence of cultural content. Culture Minister Yoo Jin-ryong is expected to take part in the forum.

September 25, 2013
Lee Young-ae files report on netizen
Source: StarNews via Hancinema.net
2013092609451608632_1.jpg?time=141423

Lee Young-ae and her husband Jeong Ho-yeong charged a few netizens and bloggers for spreading rumors about their family relationship and age.
Lee Young-ae's legal representative said, "Lee Young-ae and her husband filed charges on the netizens and bloggers for violating the law regarding the promotion of information and communication network use and protection of information".
Rumors that were spread online said that Jeong Ho-yeong's son was the CEO of Rush and Cash therefore their wives Lee Young-ae and Han Chae-young were mother and daughter-in-law. They claim their reputations have been 'defamed'.
Also, the age and personal information about Jeong Ho-yeong was mentioned here as well, also stating that he was a sponsor to illegal trades.
The spokesperson said, "These people were spreading false rumors about Jeong Ho-yeong and his wife Lee Young-ae as if they personally knew these people and considering the properties of the Internet which has significant amount of influence and diffusion, the damage to Jeong and Lee are outstanding which makes things worse".
"Keeping silent about this means afflicting more damage to Han Chae-young and her family as well so they decided to sue for defamation before it does anymore damage".

September 26, 2013
Lee Young-ae denies strange rumor

Actress Han Chae-young is strongly denying rumors that leading actress Lee Young-ae is her mother-in-law. 
The unusual gossip that Lee’s husband was secretly the father of Han’s husband whipped up quickly online yesterday. 
But it did not take long for Lee’s lawyers to pounce on the rumors. “Many netizens have defamed the dignity of Lee’s family, posting false information online as if it is the truth,” said the lawyer for the law firm Da Dam.
The firm filed complaints with the Yongsan district police against some of the netizens and online bloggers who spread the reports. “Keeping quiet can result in defamation, so we decided to sue in order to correct the situation,” said the representative.
Han’s agency has also reportedly said that Han is perplexed by the rumors as her husband is not a celebrity and his information is not widely known by the public.

October 4, 2013
Lee Yeong-Ae “’Dae Jang Geum’ recommended by current husband”
Source: Innolife Korea
7366_1.jpg

Actress Lee Yeong-Ae and director Lee Byeong-Hoon met again in 10 years since 2004 ‘Dae Jang Geum’. 
MBC is broadcasting ‘Following Dae Jang Geum Route’ part 1, celebrating 10th anniversary of drama ‘Dae Jang Geum’. In the broadcast, there will be reunion of Lee Yeong-Ae and director Lee Byeong-Hoon as well. 
During the interview, Lee Yeong-Ae said, “My husband recommended me to appear on the drama. He suggested saying, even though the drama doesn’t go well, my cooking will improve. I’ll earn something anyway. And I also thought so.”
She also said, “Staffs asked me if ‘Jang-Geum’ never gets ill, as they can rest when she’s ill. But it was not that I wasn’t ill, I was so nervous. After the shooting, I couldn’t wake up for 10 days.” 
It will be broadcasted on October 7. [Photo=MBC]

October 10, 2013
Italians get 5-course lesson in Korean cuisine
By LEE DO-EUN Korea JoongAng Daily

10090555.jpg
Lee Young-ae introduces herself to leading Italian cultural figures at a Korean banquet co-hosted by Gucci last month in Florence, Italy. Provided by Gucci Korea
Outside the Gucci Museo at Piazza Della Signoria in Florence, Italy, on Sept. 17, about 6 p.m., an Asian woman clad in a teal dress made her entrance.
With her frock emphasizing her decolletage, some 20 odd people standing around turned their eyes toward the new arrival.
It wasn’t long before she beamed a smile and greeted them all.
“Thank you for coming. … I hope you enjoy tonight’s dinner.” 
The woman breaking the ice was none other than Hallyu actress Lee Young-ae.
It was like a scene from Lee’s famous 2003 drama, “Dae Jang Geum,” in which she played the titular chef- turned-court physician, except that it was in the future. 
10090616.jpg
Lee with the student chefs from Woosong University who prepared the meals.
The idea for the dinner, which was co-hosted by the iconic fashion brand Gucci, was conceived in April when Lee was named ambassador for the National Trust of Korea to increase awareness of Korean cuisine. 
So just what kind of bounties were atop the table set up by Lee? And what was the response? 
Lee and Gucci CEO Patrizio di Marco, the co-hosts for the evening, were seated at the center of a rectangular table with 24 distinguished guests. She went on to explain that for Koreans, food was not just a source of energy.
“Eating is a way to connect for us, and I’ve worked hard to increase awareness for Korean culture and cuisine. Through this opportunity, I hope that the exchange between Italy and Korea will be strengthened and that the two nations can become closer.”
It wasn’t long before the feast got under way with glasses full of sweet potato-flavored makgeolli (rice wine) being lifted for a toast. 
The dinner consisted of five courses.
The hors d’oeuvres was a medley of dried fruit and vegetables: lotus plants, sweet pumpkin and jujube with mousse - a subtle hint of ginseng with a sweet aftertaste of cream. 
Guests were intrigued, stirring their food and examining it as if they were in a science lab. 
10090629.jpg
Gucci Museo, or the House of Gucci, at Piazza Della Signoria in Florence, Italy, is where the banquet took place. Lee with Gucci CEO Patrizio di Marco.
When a Korean reporter announced, “This is foreign, even for me,” Stefania Ippoliti of the Toscana Film Commission joked, “Your expression looks not too different from mine,” who’s trying Korean food for the first time.
After that, the banquet hall became filled with laughter and sounds of cutlery clanking.
Porridge, cabbage and perilla leaf kimchi, king prawn marinade in pine nut, broiled meat in ginseng, potato and sweet pumpkin roots marinade were served up on the finest Korean brassware.
The third course was spicy chicken on skewers with mung bean pancake.
With each dish, the guests oohed and aahed over the immaculate presentation.
Then Lee explained how a Western-style soup was different to juk (Korean porridge), and what a jeon (savory pancake), tteoksanjeok (spit-roasted rice cake) and jeonbyeong (pancake) were. 
10090641.jpg
Hors d’oeuvres consisting of dried fruit and vegetables, an appetizer of cold meat and vegetable roots marinade, spicy chicken skewers with mung bean pancake, and the most popular dish of the night, galbijjim (beef short rib dish).
The actress, who learned about royal cuisine when she took on her period drama, said she’d studied each menu item in English leading up to the Italian banquet. 
Then came the highlight of the meal, the main course consisting of galbijjim (beef short rib dish) and rice in lotus leaves, accompanied by an assortment of colorful side dishes.
Claudia Kozma Kaplan, the marketing and communications director at Gucci, flushed in the face after a taste of the pickled deodeok (mountain herb) root, asked, “Is this the spiciest Korean food?”
Then, some time after 9 p.m. came the dessert, consisting of salad made of omija (a five-flavored berry) and rice crackers.
The verdict of Italian palates was that Korean food was “beautiful” and “healthy.”
Riccardo Lami, who oversees art exhibitions at the Palazzo Strozzi, also delved into why he thought there wasn’t awareness of Korean food in Florence.
“Italians have this pride with their food. Florentines eat pizza even when they are traveling abroad,” he said, adding that how food is presented may change preconceptions about Korean food and become a new cultural experience.
“It was such a touching moment. Until now, the alliance between entertainers and fashion brands was just fashion shows,” said Lee in an interview with JoongAng Sunday. 
When asked to give her criticism, she said, “Wasn’t it just delicious?
“Di Marco is constantly dieting, but for that night he put his diet on hold and finished nearly all of his galbijjim.
Lee added that she was even more proud of the fact that the menu was not the contemporary “fusion” style of Korean food, but every dish was cooked using traditional methods.
The cooks behind the successful banquet were students from the renowned culinary school Woosong University. In all, five students and two professors oversaw the project.
To show her gratitude toward the young chefs, Lee said she in turn cooked for them.
And to make sure that the chefs were in good spirits, Lee added that she prepared tteokbokki (spicy rice cake) for them a day before.
She custom-ordered the rice cakes and marinade ahead of time from Korea.
“It was my husband’s idea actually. I just wanted to reward the young kids that were putting in so much hard work,” Lee said.
She also said that she revealed a secret when it came to cooking Korea’s favorite snack, “a few drops of sesame oil.” 
The trick seemed to have worked as Lee professed “the students were scraping the bottom of the pan.”
It’s no secret that Lee studied cooking while she filmed “Dae Jang Geum.” She is able to cook up any traditional dish and since she got married five years ago, she’s learned to cook even more dishes. 
Her favorite meals to cook at home are soybean soup cooked with high-quality anchovies. 
Since getting married, she’s remained out of spotlight, arousing much interest about her private life.
And it’s clear that for now, domestic life is the only thing she thinks about. 
Throughout the interview, she talked of marriage, family and her twins constantly.
Apart from being the honorary ambassador for the National Trust of Korea and the DMZ, she hasn’t taken on any other work as of late. And it seems there has been a shift in the way she sees the world. 
“After marriage and becoming a mother, I’ve become more fluid in the way I handle things,” she said. “I don’t see things as either this way or that anymore, but if there is some good attached to a project, I’m ready to go along with it.”
The reason, it seems, is motherhood.
“Since giving birth, all I wish for is world peace, no pollution, and for my kids to grow up well and healthy.”
She said that while dramas and movies were important too, she saw more meaning in using her celebrity status to improve the world.
“I don’t think that charity works are any less important than securing 50 percent viewers’ ratings.”
But she does say she misses the old days on the set.
“I watched ‘Gwanghae’ and ‘The Berlin File’ back to back on the plane to Italy.”
She said that while the two movies brought back memories, she just couldn’t go back to acting because she was a mother first and foremost.
“Once I start working, I’m completely consumed by it. I become supersensitive, and I can’t be a mom one minute, then an actor the next.”

October 12, 2013
Lee Young-Ae, founded ‘Elementary School’ in China to pay back the popularity of ‘Dae Jang Geum’
Source: Innolife Korea
58147881.3.jpg
‘Lee Young-Ae elementary school’ in China makes issues.
Lee YOunb-Ae mentioned about the popularity of ‘Dae Jang-Guem’ in Myanmar at the broadcasting of ‘Walk the way of Dae Jang Geum’ the special broadcasting for 10th anniversary.
This day Lee Young-Ae said, “For ten years ‘Dae Jang Geum’ is loved in the world and I received love too. So I could not help thinking what I can do” and she said, “I thought that I should build a school for children.” In succession she added, “I met Aun San Suu Kyi, and she said that she enjoyed ‘Dae Jang Geum’. The reason that the drama is popular in Myanmar is hope. That is the one Aun San thinks the most, and what people in Myanmar need.
The elementary school in china was in danger of close-down, but it was rescued by the donation of Lee Young-Ae, and now it has the title ‘Lee Young-Ae Elementary School’.
Meanwhile, this broadcasting will be aired on 14th, 11:20. 

Guest msleeyoungae

I very very very love ms lee young ae ,

she's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty and cute and very good actress .

:x

Guest msleeyoungae

I very very very love ms lee young ae ,

she's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty and cute and very good actress .

:x

• 1 month later...

November 19, 2013
Hallyu star gets seat on board of SNU's research lab
By Kim Jae-won The Korea Times
131119_p03_hallyu.jpg Actress Lee Young-ae
Hallyu star Lee Young-ae was made an outside board director of a research center at Seoul National University (SNU) earlier this month, sources familiar with the matter said Tuesday. 
Lee’s cosmetics company LYA Nature has been in cooperation with the Advanced Institutes of Convergence Technology (AICT), an affiliate research center at SNU, to develop a cleansing product named “LYA Klenzer.” LYA comes from her initials. 
“The AICT and LYA have cooperated in developing organic cleanser products which are popular among Chinese and Japanese tourists here. Thanks to the successful cooperation, Lee was made an outside director of the institute recently,” said the source on condition of anonymity. 
LYA confirmed that the 42-year-old actress has been serving as a director at AICT. “Lee has worked as a director since November,” said Ju Eun-hye, a manager at the company. 
The AICT neither confirmed nor denied it. “I am not authorized to confirm it,” said Lee Sang-jun, a manager at the institute. 
According to AICT, 12 directors are serving on its board, chaired by SNU President Oh Yeon-cheon. 
The source said that LYA products are consumed by influential female leaders in the country, including President Park Geun-hye. They are also gaining popularity among young mothers who want to wash their children with organic soap, he added. 
LYA is based in Itaewon and has only one shop in Samcheong-dong, downtown Seoul. Its research and development center and factory are located in Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi Province. 
Lee is best known to worldwide audiences for her lead role in the hugely successful Korean historical drama “Dae Jang Geum” and her critically acclaimed role as the revenge seeking single mother in Park Chan-wook’s crime thriller “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.” 
Lee married Jeong Ho-young, a Korean-American businessman, in the U.S. in August 2009. Lee gave birth to twins, a boy and girl, at a hospital in central Seoul in February 2011.

Archived