Lee Young Ae 이영애

Guest xosandy

August 28, 2012
Lee Young-ae donation to help build a school in MyanmarBy Carla Sunwoo Korea JoongAng Daily
mt_1346130662_2012810220_0.jpg
Lee Young-ae donation to help build a school in Myanmar
Actress Lee Young-ae took part in a donation ceremony in Jongno, central Seoul on Aug. 27.
As the celebrity spokesperson for the “Love Donation” movement hosted by Woman Chosun magazine, Lee handed over a check to two monks from Myanmar, also known as Burma. The donation will contribute to building a school in the country.
Lee got involved with the school project when she came across a particular do-good donator singled out by TV Chosun on its show “Asia Hunter.”
The 41-year-old entertainer was touched by the gesture and decided to do some good herself.
“It’s such an honor to get behind such a program,” Lee said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

October 11, 2012

Actress Lee Young-ae Launches Eco-Business
ChosunIlbo

2012101100402_0.jpg

Actress Lee Young-ae has recently started a business handling organic products for children and installed billboards for it in Itaewon in Seoul.

She will launch her first store carrying environmentally friendly products for children in early November.

"As Lee is raising her own children, she has developed a greater interest in preserving the environment and promoting a healthy lifestyle to improve the quality of life for children," said an acquaintance.

• 2 weeks later...

October 25, 2012

Lee Young-ae is undecided on sequel

By Carla Sunwoo Korea JoongAng Daily

25203137.jpg

After MBC confirmed last month that it is looking into making a sequel to its hit drama “Dae Jang Geum,” the star of the show, Lee Young-ae, said she’s still mulling the proposal.

In an interview with Elle in the magazine’s 20th anniversary November edition, Lee said she needs more than money to be in the sequel.

“Honestly, it seems like they are making the sequel to make some money,” said Lee. “I am more interested in high-quality work, and the prequel was exactly that,” the actress said.

Lee said that she was fed up with programs of late that produce sequels “purely for monetary gains.”

All things considered, Lee did say that from a network perspective, it made sense to make a sequel to the 2003 period piece.

“The program was exported to 80 nations, which is unprecedented,” Lee explained.

The period piece is based on a true story about an orphaned cook who went on to become the king’s first female physician during the Joseon Dynasty.

November 1, 2012

Lee Young-ae Stalker Jailed for 1 Year

ChosunIlbo

2012110100820_0.jpg

A Seoul court on Wednesday sentenced a man to one year in prison and ordered him to undergo psychological treatment for stalking actress Lee Young-ae. 

The man, identified as Kwon (43), repeatedly went to the house of Lee's father and pestered her family to let him marry her.

Kwon, a former postal worker, was repeatedly caught trying to sneak into the apartment and assaulted a guard who tried to stop him. He was arrested four times between late last year and early this year.

The court said Kwon must undergo treatment since he has a record of arrests for the same offense and poses a threat to Lee and her family.

November 1, 2012
Lee Young-ae fan gets year sentence
By Carla Sunwoo Korea JoongAng Daily
A fan of actress Lee Young-ae was given a one-year prison sentence as well as compulsory mental treatment after he pestered Lee’s father on multiple occasions to let him marry his daughter.
The Seoul Eastern District Court sentenced a man named Kwon, aged in his 40s, after he invaded Lee’s father’s apartment four times from September 2011 until May. “The defendant suffers from schizophrenia and needs professional help,” the court said. “Due to potential relapses, he must be kept at a mental hospital”.
After forcing his way in by assaulting the building’s security guard, Kwon told Lee’s father that in his past life he was Lee’s son. “In this life, I have to marry her. It’s a sign from above,” the man had claimed.
Although the 41-year-old actress was well out of harm’s way, she’s been making waves with a possible remake of the hit drama that launched her career.
After MBC confirmed in September that it is looking into a sequel to “Dae Jang Geum,” the star of the 2003 program said she’s still mulling the proposal.

• 3 weeks later...

November 19, 2012

Actress Lee Young-ae to open Korea souvenir shop in Seoul

YonhapNews

SEOUL, Nov. 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actress Lee Young-ae, best known for her title role in the MBC TV drama "Daejanggeum," will open a souvenir shop in Seoul for foreigners drawn to visit the country by Asian-wide enthusiasm for Korean pop culture, her management agency said Monday.

The shop will open in mid-December on Seoul's Samcheong-dong street, a rising tourist destination with a village of traditional Korean houses called "hanok," boutiques and galleries, the agency said.

AEN20121119007600315_01_i.jpg  

Items to be sold there will include traditional Korean teas, organic baby soap and lotion, the agency added.

"Lee is putting final touches to open the shop," her manager said. "We hope many hallyu-driven tourists will visit the shop with interest in the hallyu star Lee."

Hallyu refers to the rising popularity of Korean popular culture including TV shows and films and music, which has secured hordes of fans in Asia, Europe and the Americas.

Lee has rarely been seen in public since she married a Korean-American businessman in Hawaii in 2009 and became a mother of twins.

The last movie Lee appeared in was "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" by director Park Chan-wook, released in 2005.

Her 2003-2004 drama series, also known as "Jewel in the Palace," tells the tale of an orphaned cook who goes on to become the king's first female physician. The show drew nearly 46.2 percent of viewers in South Korea and was later exported overseas to heighten the popularity of Korean pop culture.

• 2 weeks later...

December 3, 2012
Lee Young-ae to Appear on MBC Education Show

Source: KSTAR10XTRLNxk1dn.jpgKorean actress Lee Young-ae in Korean traditional costume poses in front of a camera in a cosmetic brand"s commercial of Korean Thanksgiving Day in 2011. [LG Household & Health Care]Actress Lee Young-ae is to appear on an MBC show about a successful Korean-style school in New York.Lee will be featured in an episode focusing on the success of the New York Democracy Prep Charter School, selected as one of the best-performing public schools in the city in recent years by the region’s department of education.The school’s founder, Seth Andrew, worked in Korea as an English teacher ten years ago and adopted various aspects of the Korean education system which he felt would be beneficial to under-achieving students in the New York area.Andrew met the Lee during his last visit to Korea and the actress is said to have expressed a wish to support the school.Lee, a mother of twins, said, “Since I got married, I have become more interested in education and the school’s success really amazed me. I believe this could be the start of a Korean wave in the field of education.”Lee Young-ae is to appear on the program with her husband, Jeong Ho-young and it will be her first TV appearance since her marriage in 2009.Prior to that, Lee appeared in another MBC Special program in an episode titled “I am Lee Young-ae”.

December 4, 2012
MBC to make amends to Lee Young-ae story
04161551.jpg
MBC network will express its apology and make amends to the story it aired about actress Lee Young-ae.
On the episode of “Entertainment Plus” to air on Nov. 4, the network will admit its mistake after Lee reported the misconduct to the Press Arbitration Commission.
On Nov. 27, on its morning show “Good Day,” MBC reported that Lee lives in a mansion in Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi, with 20 servants who commute to the estate by a shuttle bus to wait on Lee’s family of four.
On the following day Lee alerted the commission that the story was false.
Lee’s lawyer said that the Hallyu actress who rose to fame from “Dae Jang Geum” (2003) was offended by the show because “she tries her best to live in a modest manner.”

• 2 months later...

February 14, 2013
Lee Young-ae ad in New York Times
14231332.jpg
Hallyu actress Lee Young-ae graced the pages of The New York Times a couple of days ago, promoting a rice dish with mixed veggies. The star of the hit drama “Dae Jang Geum” was the model chosen for a bibimbap ad by visiting scholar Seo Kyung-duk of Sungshin Women’s University. 
The ad on Page 15 of the paper distributed Wednesday introduced the popular Korean dish and the story of Dae Jang Geum through a statement made by Lee, who is wearing hanbok, the traditional attire. Seo, who has worked with celebrities Kim Jang-hoon and Song Hye-gyo in the past to promote Korean culture, history and heritage abroad, said Lee was picked for her role in the famed drama of 2003.
“As she was the star of a drama watched by three billion people in more than 90 countries, we thought she’d be the best person to introduce bibimbap,” said Seo.
Meanwhile, Lee said she was also stoked to be a part of the movement to spread Hallyu far and wide. “As the drama ‘Dae Jang Geum’ is still airing around the world, Lee is passionate about getting involved in increasing awareness for Korean cuisine,” said Lee’s spokesperson.

• 2 weeks later...

March 1, 2013
Lee Young-ae's New Role Is All About Kids
The ChosunIlbo
2013030100407_0.jpg

Actress Lee Young-ae, who disappeared from the limelight after surprising fans by suddenly getting hitched in 2009, recently moved to a countryside home in Yangpyeong, just east of Seoul, built to raise her twins in a clean, natural environment, and started a business specializing in infant-care products. 
Lee said she and her husband are enjoying their life in the countryside. Her spouse is particularly fond of the rural surroundings as it reminds him of the neighborhood on the outskirts of Chicago where he grew up.
"I'll resume acting if I see a script I really like," said Lee, who gave birth to a boy and girl in 2011. However, she said her children are currently the main focus of her life. 
"As an actress, I used to think it was important to have a wide-ranging spectrum of experiences," she said, adding that she is now more selective and socially responsible. "Now my desire to help create a better world for children to live in has become my main criteria for choosing a script."
"In the past, I focused only on the character I was set to play, but nowadays I'm very concerned about the impact the film will have on my children and on society." 
Lee said her fans should not expect to see her starring in violent movies or playing villainous characters anytime soon. She said she discussed with her husband what she could do to create a better world for children, drawing on her popularity from starring in the Chosun dynasty court cook story "Jewel in the Palace," and decided to open a business dedicated to organic products for infants.
As well as promoting environmentally friendly products for young toddlers, she hopes to share her child-rearing experiences with other moms.

• 1 month later...

April 12, 2013
Lee Young-ae Sued for Defamation
The ChosunIlbo
2013041101180_0.jpg

Actress Lee Young-ae is being sued for defamation. A singer-turned-businessman lodged a complaint with the Seoul Central District Court on Tuesday charging Lee with falsely accusing him of using her portrait without authorization.
The businessman, who has a kimchi-making business, signed a contract to use Lee's portrait for advertising with a company run by a man identified by his surname Hwang in March 2011. He then went on to advertise sales of "Daejanggeum" kimchi in April 2011, named after an internationally successful TV series in which Lee starred.
But Lee in a statement said that the right to use her portrait had been sold without authorization.
The businessman claims the deal was legitimate and his reputation suffered as a result of Lee's statement.
Lee argues that Hwang forged her signature seal and acted entirely off his own bat

April 11, 2013
Lee Mi-sook and Lee Young-ae sued for defamation
Source: DongA.com via Hancinema.net
54376792.4.jpg

Actress Lee Mi-sook and Lee Young-ae have both been sued.
Lee Mi-sook's former agency director 'A' sued Lee for defamation earlier this month. 'A' claimed that Lee brought out the Jang Ja-yeon's case to cover up her breach of contract. 'A' also sued her for slandering his publication and rights when she claimed last year that her agency had brought down her reputation.
Lee Young-ae was sued by a Kimchi manufacturing company which claimed that Lee Young-ae defamed the name of the company by claiming that she had given them no right to use her pictures and copyright for their products. Lee Young-ae had brought this problem up in 2011.
Lee Young-ae's agency claims, "This issue was a fraud by a third person and has nothing to do with Lee Young-ae".

• 2 weeks later...

April 22, 2013
Lee Young-Ae, releases family picture with twin children! “Lovely Family”
Source: Innolife Korea l Nate
54616034.2.jpg
N2013042216535363001.jpg
art_1366613647.jpg

Recently, Lee Young-Ae shot a family pictorial with her twin children for the fashion magazine 'ELLE KOREA.' 
In the pictorial, Lee Young-Ae is showing off a graceful and elegant womanly beauty. Shooting it with her twin children, she participated in shooting for the pictorial with a bright smile in a comfortable mood. 
At the following interview, she talked about the preciousness of our cultural heritage that she realized even more while filming the drama 'A Jewel in the Palace.' She said, "As a mother of lovely children, I want to take part in protecting our beautiful culture and cultural heritage for the next generation. Since this is a campaign done by the participation of the citizens, I want to provide support in making more people participate." 
Also, she said, "I try to be satisfied and thankful for now, when my normal life and my life as an actress balances. I am satisfied with my life in which I can broaden my region of intrest into environment and cultural heritages." 
Lee Young-Ae's pictorial will be available in the May edition of the fashion magazine, 'ELLE KOREA.' [picture=ELLE KOREA]

April 22, 2013
Lee Young-ae promotes the new StoryOn
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

22194308.jpg
Lee Young-ae poses in a white dress and an orange-colored necklace in photos released yesterday as a part of an advertisement campaign for the cable channel StoryOn.[CJ E&M]
Lee Young-ae released photos of herself and her family taken as a part of an advertisement campaign for the cable channel StoryOn, yesterday.
The channel, specializing in showing lifestyle trends for women, said that it tried to show the beauty of a woman through Lee’s family. 
More photos will be released in Elle Magazine’s May edition. In those, Lee wears Italian label Gucci’s collections for this year. 
22194357.jpg
Lee Young-ae poses in a pinkish-orange shirt whose color matches the flowers she is holding in a photo released yesterday as a part of an advertisement campaign for the cable channel StoryOn.[CJ E&M]
22194412.jpg
Lee Young-ae poses with her twins in a photo which will be released in Elle Magazine’s May edition, as part of an advertisement campaign for the cable channel StoryOn.[CJ E&M]

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=188510

Lee Young Ae releases a new pictorial with her children

201304221243325174b1e4d.jpg

Lee Young Ae released a new pictorial with her children.

On April 22nd, Lee Young Ae's new pictorial with her children was released through May edition of fashion magazine 'Elle', and an interview with her was also revealed.

In the pictorial, Lee Young Ae is having a fun time with her twins, and she is giving a look that is full of love at their children.

In addition, Lee Young Ae's beautiful look is also drawing many people's attention. Throughout the shooting, she never lost her comfort and smile on her face.

During an interview that was held with the shooting, Lee Young Ae talked about her recent activities as the ambassador of Korea National Trust, and how she got to realize the value of our tradition and cultural inheritance while casting in drama 'Dae Jang Geum'.

On April 18th, Lee Young Ae attended the opening ceremony of 'My Love Tradition Cultural Inheritance Campaign', which is hosted by Gucci and Korea National Trust.

Lee Young Ae said, "I wanted to make a contribution in preserving our beautiful tradition and cultural inheritance for our lovely children. Since the success of this campaign depends on many citizens' participation, I hope to give as many help as possible."

Regarding her family life, Lee Young Ae said, "I'm trying to maintain the dream and passion as an actress while having a well balanced life, and I'm very thankful for my life these days."

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Check out the really nice and more ELLE captures here <3
MORE OF LEE YOUNG AE’S ADORABLE FAMILY BONDING TIME IN ELLE KOREA’S MAY ISSUE
http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/04/29/more-of-lee-young-aes-adorable-family-bonding-time-in-elle-koreas-may-issue/

27761924.jpg

• 3 months later...

August 14, 2013
Lee Young-ae Appointed DMZ Peace Ambassador
The Chosun Ilbo
Actress Lee Young-ae has been appointed a "peace ambassador" charged with publicizing the environmental value and peacemaking potential of the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas. 
Lee was appointed by Gyeonggi Province Governor Kim Moon-soo on Yonggang Bridge, an off-limits military area in Yeoncheon on Tuesday. She took a walk with immigrant wives and Korean War veterans. 
Lee will engage in various activities to conserve the ecosystem of the DMZ, which has prospered since it has been virtually empty of people for 60 years, as well as peace, cross-border exchanges and development.
2013081400930_0.jpg
Actress Lee Young-ae (right) takes a tour of the frontline with provincial officials and soldiers in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Province on Tuesday. /Courtesy of Gyeonggi Provincial Government Actress Lee Young-ae (right) takes a tour of the frontline with provincial officials and soldiers in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi Province on Tuesday. /Courtesy of Gyeonggi Provincial Government
A provincial government spokesman said that it appointed Lee given that she starred in the 2000 blockbuster film "Joint Security Area," which deals with the friendship between South and North Korean soldiers surrounding a fatal shooting incident within the DMZ. The province expects Lee's international fame to boost the image of the DMZ as a space of peace and eco-friendliness. 
Meanwhile, senior provincial officials met in Paju and Yeoncheon the same day to discuss the concept of a "DMZ Peace Park," which President Park Geun-hye suggested in her speech before the U.S. Congress in May. 
One idea is regrouping a vast frontline area covering the estuary of the Han River, Paju, Yeoncheon, Cheorwon and Goseong in a DMZ park belt. 

• 2 weeks later...

August 26, 2013
Lee Young ae to show up at Incheon Airport with her husband
BNTNews
ako9zsuub75quw7czbjmuujastij81p8.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Actress Lee Young ae and her husband Jung Ho young showed up at Incheon International Airport to head out to Mongol on August 25.
On this day, Lee Young ae showed off her simple yet trendy style with brown trench coat and black skinny jeans. Although Lee gave births to twin babies, Lee Young ae still looked stunning and attracted attentions of people at the airport.
Meanwhile, Lee Young ae recently told the press that she will return to the public with a new screen work in early next year. (photo by bntnews DB)
sqbzqotz013iv3vh8em6vo6csthz9sbq.jpg

August 26, 2013
[bnt photo] Lee Young ae looking happy with her husband
BNTNews
24ntajw1e4qnjm83mspkx3x3wxgd5u8w.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Actress Lee Young ae and her husband Jung Ho young showed up at Incheon International Airport to head out to Mongol on August 25. 
On this day, Lee Young ae showed off her simple yet trendy style with brown trench coat and black skinny jeans. Although Lee gave births to twin babies, Lee Young ae still looked stunning and attracted attentions of people at the airport.
Meanwhile, Lee Young ae recently told the press that she will return to the public with a new screen work in early next year. (photo by bntnews DB)

Archived