• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gzbgzbgzb I know and I'm thrilled! She's landing phenomenal roles. They're acknowledging they can depend on her acting chops when others may pass because the roles are extremely difficult. She's proved it from Jang BoRi-MHGAF-Please Come Back Mister-etc.  

Come on everyone...support OYS w/ comments on these articles at their sites.  :blush: Thanks

Thumbnail

Park Hae Jin Reveals Oh Yeon Seo Will Play Hong Seol In “Cheese In The Trap” Film

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/29/park-hae-jin-reveals-oh-yeon-seo-will-play-hong-seol-cheese-trap-film/

‘Cheese in the Trap’ movie nabs Oh for lead

29204331.jpg

Aug 30,2016
  29204331.jpg

Actress Oh Yeon-seo has been cast to play the lead role in the Korean-Chinese joint movie “Cheese in the Trap,” according to Mountain Movement, the agency that represents actor Park Hae-jin, who will play the male lead in the upcoming film.

The label made the announcement during a press event held in Gapyeong, Gyeonggi, late last week.

“Cheese in the Trap,” originally a webtoon-based drama series, aired on tvN in the early part of this year. Actor Park and actress Kim Go-eun played main characters.

“Kim crafted the character Hong Seul in her own way,” said Park and continued, “In terms of appearance, I believe Oh looks more similar [to Hong Seul from the webtoon].”

It hasn’t been easy to nab the female lead, since all the 500 applicants that applied to play Hong Seul were denied after undergoing auditions. The production crew then decided to cast Oh, who has shown enthusiasm towards taking the role.

The director for the upcoming flick will be decided in September, and it is currently scheduled to be released in late February. 

Oh most recently starred in sports film “Run Off,” which hit theaters earlier this month.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3023221&cloc=joongangdaily|home|online

Aside from the fact that she resembles the character so much, we all know how versatile of an actress she is! So I'm more than sure that she can slay that role. I'm so excited! It feels so great to be her fan. I'm so proud of our actress. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Yeon Seo Incheon Airport Fashion

September 11, 2016

2016-09-08-oh-yeon-seo-airport-fashion-01

On September 7, actress Oh Yeon Seo was seen at Incheon airport heading to New York to attend the Tommy Hilfiger fashion show. For her airport fashion, she wore clothes and accessories from the brand: a black Tommy Hilfiger “Tommy Heart” sweater (€179.00) paired with jeans and a pair of boat shoes. She accessorized her look with sunglasses and a Tommy Hilfiger varsity clutch. Oh Yeon Seo is currently filming the drama "My Sassy Girl" Joseon, co-starring Joo Won. 

:glasses: Other Yeon Seo  Airport Looks ✈✈✈✈

20141203_1417571410_07935500_1    201410071718472010_1

201504110844313710_1       201209151750012910_1

Oh Yeon Seo Says She Wants To Act With Park Bo Gum And Jung Woo Sung

Oh Yeon Seo Says She Wants To Act With Park Bo Gum And Jung Woo Sung

On September 17’s episode of “Entertainment Weekly,” actress Oh Yeon Seo sits down for an interview!

The reporter asks Oh Yeon Seo about how she’d like to meet a future boyfriend. She laughs as she admits that she wants to get on a train and meet a cool guy who happens to be sitting in the seat next to her, and maybe they meet after one of them spills coffee.

More seriously, she then replies, “I like guys who I can have a good conversation with. I used to look a lot at appearance, but now I look at a guy’s personality first.”

When asked if she likes bad boys or gentlemen, she replies with a laugh, “Half and half. I want a guy who’s a bad guy to other women, but good to me! That’d be perfect.”

oh yeon seo

The reporter then has her pick between several male celebrities to determine her ideal type. He asks her in the first round to choose between Song Joong Ki and Park Bo Gum, and all she can do at first is giggle and say, “I don’t know! Both!”

She then chooses Park Bo Gum as she blushes, and starts to fan herself with her hand.

Seeing how much she seems to like him, the reporter asks her to send a video message to Park Bo Gum. She turns to the camera and says, “I’ve been enjoying your drama lately! If we have the opportunity at some point, I’d like to act together with you. Fighting!”

In the end, Oh Yeon Seo picks Jung Woo Sung as her ideal type. In a video message to Jung Woo Sung, she says she’s been treasuring the photo they took together when they met an event. “I hope we can meet next time through a good project,” she says with a smile and makes a heart with her fingers.

jung woo sung oh yeon seo

It was recently announced that Oh Yeon Seo will be starring as Hong Seol opposite Park Hae Jin in the film adaptation of the webtoon “Cheese in the Trap.” Watch more of her on this week’s episode of “Entertainment Weekly”!  

http://www.soompi.com/2016/09/17/oh-yeon-seo-says-wants-act-park-bo-gum-jung-woo-sung/

iTechPost

'My Sassy Girl' Drama News And Release Date: Remake To Be A Historical Series; Casts Done With Script Reading

First Posted: Sep 19, 2016 05:10 AM EDT
Joo Won, Oh Yeon Seo, Jungshin, and more attend first 'My Sassy Girl' drama script reading.<br /> <br />
Joo Won, Oh Yeon Seo, Jungshin, and more attend first 'My Sassy Girl' drama script reading.

(Artists news KFK/YouTube Screenshot)

"My Sassy Girl" transported to Joseon era? Fans are going to see "The Girl" again but now in hanbok and historical setting. SBS is creating "My Sassy Girl" drama inspired by the movie of the same title which stars Joo Won Oh Yeon Seo and CN BLUE's Lee Jung Shin. 

Casts and Characters

"My Sassy Girl" will deal about the romance between a playful royal, Princess Hyemyung (Oh Yeon Seo) who is notorious for causing trouble and a cold hearted man named Gyun Woo (Joo Woon)

The series is expected to be Joo Woon's last project before his mandatory military service. Joo Woon was first known as Kim Tak Gu's brother in "The Baker King." He then starred in historical revolutionary drama about Japanese occupation in Korea titled "Bridal Mask" and recently in medical drama "Yong Pal."

The production made an audition for  the female role which has initially chosen Kim Jo Hyun but the actress stepped down from the role and Oh Yeon Seo was casted instead, Soompi reported.

Other characters include CN BLUE's Lee Jung Shin who will play a handsome and generous young man living in the palace and Kim Yoon Hye who will play the villain Jung Da Yeon. The first script reading was reported to be done last August 27 and the drama will premiere next year.

The series is based on the story of Cha Tae Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun's romantic comedy film "My Sassy Girl" released in 2001 and considered the highest grossing Korean comedy of all time.

The film had various remakes before the Korean Drama. An American remake was released in 2008 starring Jesse Bradford and Elisha Cuthbert, directed by Yann Samuell. A Japanese drama adaptation premiered in April 2008 with stars Tsuyoshi Kusanagi and Rena Tanaka and a movie sequel, "My New Sassy Girl," starring Cha Tae Hyun and f(x)'s Victoria was co-produced by China and Korea and was initially released China on April 22, 2016 and in South Korea on May 12, 2016.

She had a fansigning event yesterday. I so love her black short hair. I can't wait for her new drama! Btw, the title has been changed to Joseon's Sassy Love Story. After the drama, she'll be in a movie with Cheese In The Trap. So much to look forward to! 

Actually the APAN Awards nomination wasn't just for Best Supporting Actress but Best Actress! I was wondering why is she only nominated in supporting role award when she was the lead in Come Back Mister so I check the original source article which was in Korean and I was right, the nomination is for Best Actress award. Here is the link of the source article: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000654303

Hello everyone!!:)

I am so excited that OYS is busy with many projects. I hope she takes care of her health since she will be filming on cold weather right? Or filming already started? 

So all my favorite shows she will be the lead. So excited for her. 

I heard that she was here on NY last month.  I wish i could know earlier that she was here and where so i can go get an autograph from her. 

Guys i don't participate much because i am to lazy to be login in all the time and i been busy with my personal and professional life. 

Everyone thanks for these great news about her. By the way i love OYS wearing traditional dresses. It makes her look prettier and younger:blush:

Hi @estrellita1122! It's been a while! :)

Anyway; for her drama, "Joseon's Sassy Love Story (formerly My Sassy Girl)," since it is a 100% pre-produced sageuk drama, they actually already started filming since last week of August. And I'm sure it'll continue until the start of winter time. First broadcast of the drama would be by the first half of 2017, according to news article. 

However, she still has an upcoming movie which is Cheese In The Trap. That one will start filming by February of 2017, probably after she finishes filming the drama so it's definitely winter time. Indeed I hope she's taking care of her health despite all these endless and  hectic schedules. 

And yes! She went to New York just last last week to attend the Tommy Hilfiger show and filmed her  upcoming InStyle November Issue photoshoot.

As of now; the latest and most recent news about her is first, her fansigning event last Saturday and her being one of the nominees for Best Actress in APAN Awards 2016. These days, she spends most of her time filming for her drama.

Archived