[MANHWA] Chocolat Volume 8 (conclusion out in USA in December 2012!

Guest Izam.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just finished reading 1-8 well part of 8 i think.

i like it cuz its something every fangirl has probably dreamed of (including me)

although im very sad to hear the manhwaga has decided to drop this.

i still read it anyways cuz i wanted to LOL

well off to look for more manhwas~

Hey sPark, may I ask where you read volume 8. I've read volume 7 and I need to know if the main character gets with E-wan! She better do or I'll scream!

I can't believe the manhwaga dropped this series. It's so good. I've ready the manhwaga's other series and they are no way near as good as this one. It's strange!

• 1 month later...
Guest nilucky

Hey sPark, may I ask where you read volume 8. I've read volume 7 and I need to know if the main character gets with E-wan! She better do or I'll scream!

I can't believe the manhwaga dropped this series. It's so good. I've ready the manhwaga's other series and they are no way near as good as this one. It's strange!

Drop?? Oh no, this is one of my most fav manhwa. Moreover, i've been waiting patiently crazily for years to know the ending. It's so funny and fantastic... a dream that any fangirl would dream about, a love story that any teen girl would want to make it come true.

Anyways, anyone knows where i could read from vol 6 to 8?? I tried amazon but they just have vol 6 and 7 left. It's urgent. Someone plz help!!

Thanks so much!

Guest miss_prada_g

OMG!! Chocolat is getting good!! But I have to admit as much as like E-Soh, he's getting on my nerves lol and i dont like any of the female characters in this manhwa :T i love e-wan! :D

Deviating from subject but has anyone started reading Very, Very Sweet? It is also from the same artist :3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Izam.

Wow this is still here. I bought 1-7 recently. Story is getting a little bland and I don't like the main girl much (so childish) I do like Lee Wan a lot though. 8 is coming out soon. Is it really getting dropped?

• 4 weeks later...

^Yes, sadly it has already been discontinued. http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=738

I really like this manga but i dont plan to spend bucks on something that i will never ever know the ending. i even wonder why its even published in english. I do hope the manhwaga changes her mind sometime in the future. lol

care to tell us what happen along the way? like why the girl isn't likeable anymore? i do want her to end up with the black-haired guy though.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't force myself to read it. >_<

It was really boring for me after the first half of volume 1.

I loved the males, but the main girl...T.T

She gets annoying at times, but normally she's alright. lol.

It sucks that this series has been stopped.

Seemed like a lot of people were big fans~

Guest jangneri

its a sad thing that the manhwaga dropped this series.

Did the manhwaga said the reason why she stopped doing this series? I really love this. I was really sad when I heard it won't be finished anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest miss_prada_g

Did the manhwaga said the reason why she stopped doing this series? I really love this. I was really sad when I heard it won't be finished anymore.

Supposedly when they were writing this story, the publisher went bankrupt and couldn't fund the manhwaga, and thus they were not getting support for the manhwa and decided they drop the story because by the time they got a new publisher, they had started on a newer series. I heard they got very discouraged with this story and decided to drop the project. It is HIGHLY unlikely they will be picking this back up since the project was dropped nearly four plus years ago. It is a very old story for them, and it doesn't seem like they're interested in picking it back up or else they would release some kind of hint or display some comments but everything has dried out.

I got the volume 8....if thats what you can call it. It's litereally like 40 pages, and yea there is no ending because...

Kum Ji is at the wedding and she feels really sad when she meets with E Soh because he acts like everything is back to normal and she feels his feelings for her were fake because he was able to forget her so easily and it made her really sad and hurt blah blah blah. Then E Wan comes out, and he receives a call from Barbie, at that moment he sees Kum Ji sitting alone at the stair case and decides to ignore Barbie's phone call and go talk to Kum Ji. He asks why she is sitting there and not eating at the buffet that is provided, and she says she isn't hungry and then E Wan suggest let's go out and grab something to eat because I hate buffet at which Kum Ji is baffled since he eats so well at buffets when he's with the group. Then they are sitting together at the side eating burgers and then E Wan asks about her and E Soh. She doesn't say much and E Wan tells her that he decided to try everything over and begin anew (I skimmed over this part >>; kinda boring sorry) and then it goes to Kum Ji's school where she meets Pretty Boy Jin (dunno why...he was at her school >>) but a friend is with him and as he sees Kum Ji he asks PBJ (pretty boy jin) to introduce Kumji to him, and then blah blah blah PBJ tells her how he felt about her and E Soh and encouraged that she move on to someone else, then at school again kumji runs into this friend of PBJ. he's says something like "oh hey!" and then he talks a little bit and GUESS WHAT. That is end of the volume. Pretty rather infelicitous eh?

If you have any questions on the series, please feel free to ask. I really skimmed over volume 8 cuz it was starting to get retarded and i knew it wasn't gonna end properly, but if you would like me to read it and write a proper dialogue. i shal do so. lol

^

That's too bad the series died. I remember at the beginning I was super super hooked!

It's what made me join Soompi!! :D (so I'm glad for that)

But if the story is boring now, it's boring~~too bad.

I barely remember what happened in it anyways.

Why did she bother writing the manwha when she wasn't going to finish it? So frustrating! At least wrap up the manwha and have E-Wan and Kum-ji get together!

Thanks for the summary miss_ prada_g

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jimin829

i got a question miss prada g, where'd u get vol 8??? cause i looked EVERYWHERE and researched everywhere and it was nowhere to be found! D: and they better not hav dropped it! its an AMAZING story!! and i like kum ji to be with e wan, but if u think about it, i think it would be a happier ending if she ended up with e soh, cause or else this will be ending with a miserable e-soh! i love e wan and e soh..! seriously, they should not hav dropped this manhwa!!! :'(

i heard that they MIGHT continue it at about spring though... sigh...

Guest miss_prada_g

i got a question miss prada g, where'd u get vol 8??? cause i looked EVERYWHERE and researched everywhere and it was nowhere to be found! D: and they better not hav dropped it! its an AMAZING story!! and i like kum ji to be with e wan, but if u think about it, i think it would be a happier ending if she ended up with e soh, cause or else this will be ending with a miserable e-soh! i love e wan and e soh..! seriously, they should not hav dropped this manhwa!!! :'(

i heard that they MIGHT continue it at about spring though... sigh...

Due to fans request. I will translate and post up a translation for Volume 8. Please be patient, as I am doing this on my side free time from my hectic life. >.< I will try to scanlate as quick as possible. So far I have the translation and basic cleaning done for chapter 1 of volume 8. I think I will released it within the next week or so.

I found it by chance too, but I shall share my luck with the rest of you n.n <3 Also the manhwaga didn't mean to leave the fan hanging, i'm sure she lost her motivation after her publisher went bankrupt (if that is the OFFICIAL story lol) and it's understandable. I'm sure this is one of their earlier works as a collaboration team, and the series probably didn't pick up heat as it did in America or we would of heard from them, like Shaman King :3 Be back to post an update on the scanlation. x3

//EDIT:

It is now almost 11pm and in the last two hours, I finished typesetting (most poorly done but its acceptable :D) ...nwn;;; *sweats* but i have finally finished it all!!! i posted a link on my blog site...Which I'm slightly reluctant to post out in the open. So please PM me for the link to my blog. Be nice and civil please -w-;;; I'm not a mean person...but I hate mindless leechers so...I would like to see that you are "real" member on Soompi even if its less than 10 posts. I don't want to see. Hi~ I'm new to Soompi. And that being your ONLY post....or even one or two spam wannabe posts just to get a link....that's retarded. I know ppl are busy, but don't join if you're just looking for scanlations. Beg, flame some other forum site. :/ This is by a fan to the fans on Soompi, and you can call me whatever you want all you want, but remember that in the end, its eating you not me :) Wow that made me sound like a utter b but...nwn;; ya...i shall pm two or so members that i think were following this thread pretty actively :) And thanks to Izam. for starting this thread and keeping it alive for as long as it did. :) Kudos. And working on Chapter 2...in midst of translating. :3 Should be out pretty soon...<3

Guest r_eal_princess

oh my goodness you have the manhwa for Chocolat??...

i've been looking for it for ages...

if you still have the link...

do you think you can lend me it since its a good story line..??...

please~!!.... ^^

i just found this fourm so yeai know im going to sound like a loser but...

i'm newish...lols....

i dont really post comments but for you i'm willing to...

b.c i really really really want to read chocolat.....

Guest miyuki013

they really just quit the project? ;.; aw darn.. that's really upsetting news.. aww.. im really addicted to this series and i've been so anxious to read the end.. ;.; that's such a shame.. too bad we can't send ji-sang and geo a heap of american fan mail or something to possibly convince them to take it up again.. i did flip through one of their newer manhwas but it didn't really interest me..i forgot the title of it..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest niorai

Wow this is still here. I bought 1-7 recently. Story is getting a little bland and I don't like the main girl much (so childish) I do like Lee Wan a lot though. 8 is coming out soon. Is it really getting dropped?

Izam, I'm sorry to bother you now but I've discovered quite late the manhwa Chocolat and I could only find volumes 1-5 and vol.8 raw. If you have the time and possibility, can you please send me a link containing the scanlations for volumes 6, 7 and 8 if you have them translated or even raw? Please!

• 2 years later...

^ Hi I'm sorry I do not have the links. 

Reviving old thread because last volume will be released soon.  Please check 1st post.  Thanks ^^

I am looking forward to this too!

***The final volume of Chocolat will be published as an omnibus containing the last three volumes of the series!***

CHOCOLAT Volume 8
story and art by Shin JiSang and Geo

Coming December 2012 | ISBN: 978-0-316-22909-8 | $24.99 ($27.99) | 512 pages | 5.75″x 8.25″ | Teen

I am going to buy it :) I haven't read it in so long! Rereading Volumes 1-5 made me have such good memories. It was one of the first scanlations I found online (thanks to Izam)!

Does the storyline really get bad/boring :(

Archived