Seol Kyung-Gu 설경구

Helena

April 28, 2014
Nominees announced for Baeksang Arts Awards by javabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/nominees-announced-for-baeksang-arts-awards/
The nominees for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards, whose ceremony will be held on May 27.
50_baeksang_actor.jpg
50_baeksang_film.jpg
FILM CATEGORY

Best Picture Nominees
The Snowpiercer (dir. Bong Joon-ho)The Terror Live (dir. Kim Byung-woo)Hope (dir. Lee Jun-ik)The Attorney (dir. Yang Woo-seok)The Face Reader (dir. Han Jae-rim)
Director Award Nominees
Kim Byung-woo (The Terror Live)Hong Sang-soo (Our Sunhi)Jo Eui-seok (Cold Eyes)Bong Joon-ho (The Snowpiercer)Kim Byung-seo (Cold Eyes)Lee Jun-ik (Hope)
Actor Top Excellence Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Sohn Hyun-joo (Hide and Seek)
Actress Top Excellence Award Nominees
Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Kim Hee-ae (Elegant Lie)Eom Ji-won (Hope)Moon Jung-hee (Hide and Seek)
Supporting Actor Award Nominees
Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Eui-sung (The Face Reader)Jo Sung-ha (The Suspect)Lee Kyung-young (Venus Talk)Kwak Do-won (The Attorney)
Supporting Actress Award Nominees
Yeh Ji-won (Our Sunhi)Kim Young-ae (The Attorney)Jin Kyung (Cold Eyes)Ra Mi-ran (Hope)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)
New Actor Award Nominees
Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)
New Actress Award Nominees
Park Ji-soo (Mai Ratima)Lee Jae-hye (The Russian Novel)Seo Joo-ah (Pluto)Kim Hyang-gi (Elegant Lie)Lee Re (Hope)
New Director Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (Roller Coaster)Eom Tae-hwa (INGtoogi: The Battle of Surpluses)Heo Jung (Hide and Seek)Lee Jong-pil (Born To Sing)Yang Woo-seok (The Attorney)
Screenplay Award Nominees
Hide and Seek, Heo JungMiss Granny, Shin Dong-ikThe Terror Live, Kim Byung-wooThe Attorney, Yang Woo-seokHope, Kim Ji-hye
Actor Popularity Award
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Gong Yoo (The Suspect)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Yoo Ah-in (Kkangchulie)Sung Joon (Pluto)Jin Young (Miss Granny)Seo In-gook (No Breathing)Jo Jung-seok (The Face Reader)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)Jung Kyung-ho (Roller Coaster)Kim Sung-kyun (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Hyun-woo (Covertly, Grandly)Go Soo (Way Back Home)Lee Jong-seok (Hot Blooded Youth)Lee Min-ki (Monster)Ok Taecyeon (Marriage Blue)Hwang Jung-min (When a Man Loves)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Choi Seung-hyun (TOP) (Commitment)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Joo-won (Catch Me)Kim Yoon-seok (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)
Actress Popularity Award
Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Park Bo-young (Hot Blooded Youth)Kim Ah-joong (Catch Me)Kwon Yuri (No Breathing)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Uhm Jung-hwa (Venus Talk)Sohn Ye-jin (Accomplice)Kim Hye-soo (The Face Reader)Kim Go-eun (Monster)Gong Hyo-jin (Boomerang Family)Han Hyo-joo (Cold Eyes)Lee Yeon-hee (Marriage Blue)
Via Baeksang

50_baeksang_actor_pop1.jpg

May 1, 2014
HOPE and THE ATTORNEY Lead Baeksang Nominations50th Edition Will Take Place May 27th by Pierce Conran KOFIC
iZRQgQyfHueAavWygPCU.jpg
 The Baeksang Arts Awards have revealed the nominees for their upcoming 50th edition. Leading the pack are the hit dramas Hope and The Attorney, which garnered seven nominations a piece. Also with strong showing were Hide and Seek and The Terror, LIVE, with four nominations a piece, as well as Cold Eyes, The Face Reader and Snowpiercer, which received nods in three categories. The five nominees for Best Film are The Attorney, The Face Reader, Hope, Snowpiercer and The Terror, LIVE. The last three were also recognized for Best Director, along with Cold Eyes and Our Sunhi. The lion’s share of the nominations were for commercial films but a few indies did manage to slip into the Best New Actress category, such as Mai Ratima, Pluto and The Russian Novel and Best New Director category, which tapped INGtoogi: The Battle of Internet Trolls. The Baeksang Arts Awards are the only major industry awards to take place at this time of year, as the Daejong (Grand Bell) and Blue Dragon Awards normally take place close to the end of the year. Last year’s big winner was Masquerade (2012), which took home the gongs for Best Film and Director. This year’s 50th edition will take place on May 27th.

• 4 weeks later...

congrats.gifMay 27, 2014
Song Kang Ho and Jun Ji Hyun Win Grand Prizes for the Baeksang Arts Awards + Full List of Winners
by jnkm soompi It was a night of glamour and celebration as Korea’s hottest actors, actresses along with the staff and insiders of the drama/film industry all gathered together for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards on May 27.

With Shin Dong Yup and Kim Ah Joong hosting the awards, the Baeksang Arts Awards ran for 150 minutes, announcing this years winners for outstanding performances.
Song Kang Ho was the only “triple crown winner” of the night as he took home three different awards for the Grand Prize, Best Film and Best New Director. Kim Soo Hyun took home two awards for his film “Secretly, Greatly” for Best New Actor and Most Popular (Male). Seol Kyung Koo won the Best Leading Actor for “Wish,” which also won the award for Best Screenplay.
Other films that won awards include “Cold Eyes,” “Elegant Lies,” “No Breathing,” and “Miss Granny.”
For the television awards, Jun Ji Hyun won the Grand Prize for her performance in “Man from the Stars.” The drama also helped Kim Soo Hyun win the Most Popular (Male) award and Lyn for the Best OST. The Best Director award went to Ahn Pan Suk and the Best Writing award to Jung Sung Joo, both from “Secret Love Affair.”
Other dramas and shows that received awards include “Good Doctor,” “The Its Know,” “Grandpas Over Flowers,” “Jeong Do Jeon,” “I Hear Your Voice,” “Reply 1994,” “Empress Ki,” “The Heirs,” “Witch Hunt” and “Gag Concert.”
Here is a complete list of winners for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards:
FilmGrand Prize – Song Kang Ho (“The Attorney“)Best Film – “The Attorney”Best Director - Bong Joon Ho (“Snowpiercer“)Best Leading Actor – Seol Kyung Koo (“Wish”)Best Leading Actress – Shim Eun Kyung (“Miss Granny”)Best Supporting Actor – Lee Jung Jae (“The Face Reader“)Best Supporting Actress - Jin Kyung (“Cold Eyes”)Best New Actor – Kim Soo Hyun (“Secretly, Greatly”)Best New Actress - Kim Hyang Ki (“Elegant Lies”)Best New Director – Yang Woo Suk (“The Attorney”)Best Screenplay – Kim Ji Hye, Jo Joong Hoon (“Wish”)Most Popular (Male) – Kim Soo Hyun (“Secretly, Greatly”)Most Popular (Female) – Kwon Yuri (“No Breathing”)
TelevisionGrand Prize – Jun Ji Hyun (“Man from the Stars”)Best TV Drama – “Good Doctor”Best Educational/Cultural Show – “The Its Know”Best Entertainment Program – “Grandpas Over Flowers”Best Director – Ahn Pak Suk (“Secret Love Affair”)Best Leading Actor – Jo Jae Hyun (“Jeong Do Jeon”)Best Leading Actress – Lee Bo Young (“I Hear Your Voice”)Best New Actor - Jung Woo (“Reply 1994″)Best New Actress - Baek Jin Hee (“Empress Ki”)Best Writing – Jung Sung Joo (“Secret Love Affair”)Most Popular (Male) – Kim Soo Hyun (“Man from the Stars”)Most Popular (Female) – Park Shin Hye (“The Heirs”)Best Variety Performer (Male) – Shin Dong Yup (“Witch Hunt”)Best Variety Performer (Female) – Kim Young Hee (“Gag Concert”)Best OST – Lyn (“Man from the Stars”)
MiscLF Fashionista Award - Im Siwan, Kim Hee AeInStyle Best Style Award – Jun Ji Hyun
Congratulations to all the winners! kaos-panda28.gif

• 1 month later...

July 8, 2014
Seol Gyeong-Goo, wins Asian Star Award at New York Asian Film Festival… for the first time as a Korean actor
Source: Innolife Korea
10190_1.jpg

Actor Seol Gyeong-Goo won Asian Star Award at the 13th New York Asian Film Festival for the first time as a Korean actor. According to his agency C-jes Entertainment on July 8, Seol Gyeong-Goo won Asian Star Award at New York Asian Film Festival on July 7. Asian Star Award is given to actors who show consistent passion toward film and extraordinary emotional expression. Media showed massive attention toward Seol Gyeong-Goo, US movie magazine Screen International and Film Business Asia covering his news. New York Asian Film Festival is at its 13th anniversary as it started in 2002. In 2013, Seol Gyeong-Goo shined Choongmuro with movie ‘Watchers’, ‘Spy’ and ‘Wish’ and he was invited to Toronto film festival, won popular star award at Blue Dragon Awards and won male leading actor award at Baeksang Art Awards.

July 9, 2014
Sul Kyung Gu becomes the first Korean actor to garner 'Asian Star' award during New York Asian Film Festival
Source: STARN News  20140708112751_53bb5727afa27_1.jpg
Sul Kyung Gu garnered 'Asian Star' award during New York Asian Film Festival.

On July 8th, a representative of C-JeS Entertainment said, "On July 7th, actor Sul Kyung Gu garnered 'Asian Star' award during New York Asian Film Festival, which was held at Lincoln Center in New York on July 7th."
'Asian Star' award gets granted to an actor who shows unchanging passion for films, and it is considered as one of the most meaningful award of the entire awards.
Sul Kyung Gu has garnered a great number of different awards during other film festivals, and Sul Kyung Gu was the first Korean actor to win 'Asian Star' award during New York Asia Film Festival.
Meanwhile, Sul Kyung Gu is currently shooting a new film called 'My Dictator.'
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

July 21, 2014
Song Yoon Ah talks about her husband's first impression
Source: STARN News 20140720170213_53cb778512edd_1.jpg
Song Yoon Ah talked about Sul Kyung Gu's first impression.

On July 20th, actress Song Yoon Ah, who is recently shooting a new drama called 'Mama,' appeared on MBC 'Section TV' for an interview.
During her interview, Song Yoon Ah talked about her husband, Sul Kyung Gu, and she said, "I thought he was a very scary person. He was never friendly to me."
Song Yoon Ah said, "We started getting closer to each other through movie 'Missing Love.'"
Song Yoon Ah added, "My husband recently finished shooting a new film, and promised me that he would look after the kids. But, he keeps going out at night."
Meanwhile, Song Yoon Ah told that she decided to start a major diet after reading malicious comments about her on the Internet.
/Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com

• 3 weeks later...

August 11. 2014
Infographic Roaring Currents Runs Faster than Mega Hit FilmsThe comparison of the speed of Roaring Currents and those of the other films  by Lee Ji-hye KOBIZ
zbTZqoDQsdfkKUmEHgaF.pngRoaring Currents  ₩83,310,045,291The Thieves  ₩49,783,770,500The Host  ₩36,944,818,200Avatar  ₩36,854,573,000The Attorney  ₩35,471,886,500Haeundae  ₩34,296,985,000Miracle in Cell No.7  ₩30,119,217,979Masquerade  ₩24,699,190,769 Roaring Currents surpassed 10 million viewers in the Korean box office in 12 days. On August 10, the film attracted 10,226,042 viewers in total, joining the club of Korean films that attracted over ‘ten million viewers’ as the tenth member. Roaring Currents eclipsed the nine other films in speed in ticket sales as the film recorded over one million admissions on a weekday. The comparison of the speed of Roaring Currents and those of the other films shows how high its speed is.  

August 11, 2014
[Graphic News] ‘Roaring Currents’ tops 10 million viewers in record time
Source: The Korea Herald
20140811001344_0.jpg
The number of viewers who have seen “Roaring Currents” exceeded 10 million on Sunday, just 12 days after its premiere, marking the fastest time for a film screened in Korea to hit the box office milestone.
The period action flick centers on the historic Battle of Myeongnyang in 1592 at the dawn of the Japanese invasion of Korea (1592-1598), in which Adm. Yi Sun-sin uses brilliant strategy to defeat 133 Japanese warships with only 12 vessels under his command.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Actors Yeo Jin Goo and Seol Kyung Gu Confirm Casting in New Movie
BvsToc7CQAALeh_.png

It has been confirmed that actors Yeo Jin Goo and Seol Kyung Gu will be starring alongside one another in the upcoming film titled “1953” (working title).
On August 23, a source in the film industry revealed that both Seol Kyung Gu and Yeo Jin Goo recently finalized their casting in the movie “1953,” and are currently in the process of making final adjustments.
“1953” is a war movie that will be portraying the story of the meeting of North and South Korean soldiers during the Korean War, also known as the 6.25 War.
This will be the very first time that Yeo Jin Goo and Seol Kyung Gu are working together in the same production, causing many people’s expectations for the two actors’ synergy to be at an all time high.
Meanwhile, the cast and crew of “1953” are gearing up to start filming at the beginning of September.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/22/actors-yeo-jin-goo-and-seol-kyung-gu-confirm-casting-in-new-movie-1953/

Movie thread is opened

• 4 weeks later...

September 16, 2014
Sul Kyung Gu & Yeo Jin Gu start shooting a new film called 'Western Front' Source: STARN News
20140916125015_5417b37748f86_1.jpg
The first shooting for movie 'Western Front' was successfully finished.
On September 5th, the first shooting for movie 'Western Front' was held in Yangju, Gyeonggi Province.
Movie 'Western Front' is going to show a story of a South Korean soldier and a North Korean Soldier who meet each other during Korean War in 1953.
Director Chun Sung Il, who had directed movie '7th Grade Civil Servant,' drama 'Slave Hunter,' and movie 'The Pirates' is directing the film.
In addition, Sul Kyung Gu, who made major hits with 'The Watchers,' 'Tower,' 'Haewundae,' and 'Shilmido,' and Yeo Jin Gu, who recently garnered 'Best New Actor' award during 'Blue Dragon Awards' for his performance on 'Hwa Yi,' is going to play two title roles.
The two steal cuts that were released show Sul Kyung Gu and Yeo Jin Gu playing as 'Nam Bok' and 'Young Gwang.' Sul Kyung Gu is playing as a South Korean soldier named Nam Bok, and Yeo Jin Gu is playing as a North Korean soldier named 'Young Gwang,' and many fans are showing huge anticipation for the collaboration that they will show.
Director Chun Sung Il said, "The purpose of every film is entertaining people, so we will also do our best to have lots of fun while shooting the movie." Yeo Jin Gu said, "I felt quite nervous before the first shooting, but I could finish it very smoothly thanks to the directors' guidance. I hope every shootings will be held safely."
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

• 5 weeks later...

October 17, 2014
4th Quarter Screen: Seol Gyung-gyu and Hwang Jung-min’s 10 Million?
Source: KOFICE
movies_newss_1015(1).jpg
Following Song Kang-ho of “The Attorney” and Choi Min-sik of “Roaring Currents,” big names of Chungmuro will grace the screen in the fourth quarter of this year. Seol Gyung-gyu and Hwang Jung-min are in the lineup, and the audience is already curious to see what changes they will bring to the screen and especially to the box office. 
Seol Gyung-gyu takes on his biggest transformation ever in the movie “My Dictator” (director Lee Hae-joon) to be released in October. He plays a completely unexpected role—Kim Il-sung. It is not simply about being in synch with the character. Seol Gyung-gyu admits that he was more stressed out about his new role than he had ever been, and felt the pressure to portray a character that believes he is Kim Il-sung as convincingly as possible. The movie is a fictional rendition of a historical fact that someone acted as Kim Il-sung during the rehearsals for the first North-South high-level summit. Chungmuru’s most trusted stars Seol Gyung-gyu and Park Hae-il will demonstrate father-and-son chemistry in the movie. 
As the poster of “My Dictator” shows, the key factor of the movie is Seol Gyung-gyu’s transformation from head to toe. His stance and look of disapproval as he observes the street, plus the copy “I am the Great Leader of Democratic People’s Republic of Korea,” arouse curiosity about how Seol Gyung-gyu, looking so convincing in the role, will play the part of Kim Il-sung. Meanwhile, following the success of “New World” and “Man in Love,” Hwang Jung-min is set to return with “International Market” (director Yun Jae-gyun) in December. 
“International Market” is the latest work by director Yun Jae-gyun who made a mega hit in 2009 with “Tidal Wave” that drew in 11.45 million admissions. His first new work in 5 years stars Hwang Jung-min, Kim Yun-jin, Oh Dal-soo, Jung Jin-young, Jang Young-nam, Ra Mi-ran, and Kim Seul-gi. In the movie, Hwang Jung-min portrays the “father” of our age through Duk-soo who will go anywhere and do anything for his family. “International Market” is a touching drama with both cheerful laughter and heartwarming sentiments that only Yun Jae-gyun and Hwang Jung-min can pull off. Hwang Jung-min works almost without a break and communicates earnestly with the audience while challenging himself to a completely different character in every movie. “International Market” will also mark the beginning of his busy schedule that extends to next year.
Appearing as old men in their upcoming movies, the two actors will challenge themselves to a new image and present something worth watching to the audience. 

• 2 weeks later...

October 28, 2014
Playing a most dictatorial dad
BY JANG SUNG-RAN [jes@joongang.co.kr] INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily
28100938.jpg

Father-son relationships in Korean culture are complex. In a patriarchal society, fathers are especially strict with their sons, which the son may not understand until he grows up to have a family of his own - and feel the loneliness and responsibility of a father.
In Lee Hae-joon’s latest film “My Dictator,” which opens Thursday, actor Seol Kyung-gu skillfully extracts the essence of grief felt by the fathers of Korea.
Seol plays Sung-geun, an unknown stage actor who is selected by the government to play a Kim Il Sung stand-in to prepare the South Korean president for the first-ever inter-Korean summit in 1972. Sung-geun puts his heart and soul into the role, but the summit gets canceled. 
But Sung-geun cannot let go of his Kim Il Sung role and continues to imitate the North Korean leader. Frustrated at his incompetent father, son Tae-sik (Park Hae-il) puts him into a nursing home and refuses to visit him for the next 20 years.
28100948.jpg
Park Hae-il, left, and Seol Kyung-gu depict the intricacies of the father-son relationship in Korean society. Provided by Lotte Entertainment
In a recent interview with the JoongAng Ilbo, 46-year-old Seol compared the intricacies of the father-son relationship to the relationship of oil and water.
Q. Can you describe the oil and water relationship between a father and a son?
A. I think that description applies especially well to my generation. For example, I call my father very occasionally, but the conversation never lasts for more than 30 seconds. One day, my father called me and just suddenly said, “Sorry.” I complained to him for saying things like that but to tell you the truth, I should’ve said, “It’s OK dad, you did your best.”
Why do you think your character, Sung-geun, clung so much to the Kim Il Sung role?
Because he doesn’t have any place to go back to. As a father, he has to pretend he is something important and worthy in front of his son. 
Was there any burden in playing a stand-in for Kim Il Sung?
If my character had been Kim Il Sung himself, I wouldn’t have taken the role. However, my character was Sung-geun. My goal was to be Sung-geun, not Kim Il Sung.
Did you have any difficulties as an unknown actor?
I used to put up movie posters on the street to earn pocket money when I was young. After about a month, stage director Kim Min-ki cast me as the lead role in his new musical “Linie 1.” I think I am the only person who was cast while putting up posters. 
Tell us about the last scene where you completely throw yourself at your son’s mercy.
That was the pivotal scene in the film and if I screwed it up, the whole movie was going to fall apart. We filmed that scene four to five times, and I am still not satisfied with it.

November 3, 2014
Lotte Entertainment Introduces 2015 Line-upMEMORIES OF THE SWORD Lead a Slew of Films by June KIM KOBIZ
During Busan International Film Festival earlier this month, Lotte Entertainment announced its upcoming releases scheduled for the end of 2014 to 2015. The 13 titles included now in theatres horror Manhole, highly anticipated drama starring SEOL Kyung-gu and PARK Hae-il My Dictator, Criminal Designer starring heartthrob KIM Woo-bin, and LEE Byung-hun and JEON Do-yeon’s latest Memories of the Sword, teen star PARK Bo-young led So-nyeo (w/t), ROH Deok’s Journalist, PARK Hong-sik’s Hae-oe-hwa, writer CHEON Sung-il’s directorial debut Seo-bu-jeon-seon 1953 (w/t), JU Ji-hoon led Gan-shin (w/t), Bungee Jumping of Their Own director KIM Dai-seung’s Joseon Magician (d/t), and director HONG Ji-young’s adaptation of a French novel ‘Will You Be There?’
 Big stars go into action in Memories of the Sword with global actor LEE Byung-hun and Cannes actress JEON Do-yeon, supported by Eungyo actress KIM Go-eun. It is a first period action film by JEON and her third union with director PARK Heung-sik. The film is to be released in 2015. Criminal Designer directed by Traffickers director KIM Hong-sun is about expert thieves, which stars The Heirs series star KIM Woo-bin, but also LEE Hyun-woo, LIM Joo-hwan and GO Chang-suk. So-nyeo which in Korean means a ‘little girl’ has cast PARK Bo-young, the actress in Scandal Makers (2008) and A Werewolf Boy (2012) who has signed up for this mystery film as a newly transferred high school student alongside UM Ji-won who will play the principal. ROH Deok came into the spotlight with her first feature, Very Ordinary Couple in 2012 which received positive reviews by its stark and realistic portrayal of a couple. ROH is currently in the casting stage but hope to release Journalist next year.
ZCyUgPKXcUqXdmjwlQoc.jpg
Seo-bu-jeon-seon 1953 is currently shooting at Bi-nae Island with SEOL Kyung-gu and YEO Jin-gu as they play soldiers who meet at the Western front during the Korean War. The shoot is scheduled to continue until end of November. Director CHEON has been writing mega hits such as My Girlfriend is an Agent (2008), The Pirates and TV series like The Slave Hunters (2010). Director MIN Kyun-dong of All About My Wife (2012) is back with a period drama with JU Ji-hoon in Gan-shin as a disloyal subject to the king during the Joseon era. MIN and JU have worked together before through the romantic and delicious film, Antique in 2008. Joseon Magician is a romantic melodrama also set in the Joseon era where a princess falls in love with someone who she meets by chance on her way to an arranged marriage. Casting is in its final stages but names like GO A-ra and YOO Seung-ho are being tossed as the moment. Director HONG Ji-young who previously directed films Marriage Blue and Horror Stories (2012)¸ will be adapting Guillaume Musso’s ‘Will You Be There?’ into film. The story is about a man named Elliott who is brought back to his own past to find the love he had lost.

Guest adikkeluangman

나의 독재자 여진구 응원 영상

Yeo Jin Goo give cheer message to support his co-star Seol Kyung Gu new movie My Dictator that been released last month. 
Apparently movie Western Front and My Dictator both under same movie distributor. He also attend movie My Dictator  VIP Premiere in October.67252_721283521278932_841514062898002809

• 1 month later...

December 11, 2014
Korean Movie Actors' Current Acting Fee
Source: Naver (disclaimer: Google-translate)
700 Million Won - Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Lee Byung Hun600 Million Won - Kang Dong Won, Choi Min Sik, Hwang Jung Min, Kim Yoon Seok, Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin, Jo Seung Woo, Ryoo Seung Ryong500 Million Won - Lee Jung Jae, Kim Myung Min, Sol Kyung Gu, Cha Tae Hyun, Baek Yun Shik400 Million Won Gong Yoo, Yoo Ah In, Park Hae Il300 Million Won - Lee Min Ki, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho200 Million Won - Choi Seung Hyun (TOP), Kim Rae Won, Yeo Jin Gooimage

• 3 weeks later...

January 5, 2015
Most anticipated films of 2015
By Jason Bechervaise The Korea Times
Last year saw a number of new filmmakers emerge such as July Jung ("A Girl at My Door"), Lee Do-yun ("Confession") and Shim Sung-bo ("Haemoo"), but one of the striking features of 2015 is the number of established filmmakers releasing their latest features such as Ryoo Seung-wan, Na Hong-jin and Im Sang-soo.
‘Gangnam Blues' 
Among these names also includes Yoo Ha whose filmography includes the acclaimed "Marriage is a Crazy Thing" (2002). Yoo's latest "Gangnam Blues" is an eagerly awaited action-noir film that shares much in common with his well-received 2006 feature "A Dirty Carnival" owing to its gangster elements. Hitting local screens on Jan. 21, it features Hallyu star Lee Min-ho in his first leading role in a film alongside Kim Rae-won.
The pair play childhood friends who get separated when they get involved in political clashes after their shanty homes are demolished by local thugs amidst the height of political corruption when the now famous and affluent district of Gangnam was being transformed into a developed area in the 1970s.
‘Gokseong' 
Looking further ahead, Na Hong-jin who found success both home and abroad following his box office hit "The Chaser" (2008) and then further cemented his reputation as one of Korea's talented emerging directors with "The Yellow Sea" (2010) is currently working on the much anticipated "Gokseong" (working title) (W/T).
Planned for a release in the first of this year, it's being backed by Fox International Productions (FIP) and will be distributed by Fox Korea — the third Korean film to be funded by the U.S. studio following "Running Man" (2013) and "Slow Video" (2014).
The film takes place in a village where a detective (Kwak Do-won) and a shaman played by Hwang Jung-min ("Ode to My Father") seek to investigate a mysterious rumor that continues to spread.
‘No Country for Young Men' 
Also being backed by 20th Century Fox is Im Sang-soo's curious new film "No Country for Young Men" (W/T) that is expected to be released in the second half of 2015. Starring Ryoo Seung-bum ("The Berlin File" (2013)) and Go Joon-hee, it follows four characters who find a significant amount of money by accident, but when one of them is later caught by the millionaire and then brutally assaulted, they seek revenge.
Im's films tend to travel widely at festivals such as Cannes where "The Housemaid" (2010) and "The Taste of Money" (2012) both competed for the coveted Palme d'Or reflecting his appeal abroad.
‘Veteran' 
Looking ahead to the summer, Korea's action-maverick auteur Ryoo Seung-wan's ("The Berlin Film") latest "Veteran" (W/T) is scheduled to hit screens providing audiences with a chance to see his latest audacious action set-pieces. Starring Hwang Jung-min who is also playing the renowned mountaineer Um Hong-gil in "The Himalayas" (working title) that's due out later this year in addition to the aforementioned "Gokseong," he's looking to have another busy year.
In "Veteran," Hwang plays a detective who pursues a young millionaire called Tae-oh (Yoo Ah-in) — the third-in-line to a large conglomerate — after he beats up a man who helped him on one of his cases.
‘Assassination' 
Also planned for a summer release is Choi Dong-hoon's "Assassination" featuring a stellar ensemble cast including Ha Jung-woo, Jun Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae, Oh Dal-soo and Cho Jin-woong. Choi's engaging films consistently attract large numbers as seen with "The Thieves" (2013) that amassed close to 13 million admissions and also starred Jun Ji-hyeon and Lee Jeong-jae.
This film takes place in the Japanese colonial era (1910-1945) where a small band of fighters are ordered by the resistance government to take out a pro-Japanese group in the 1930s.
‘The Throne' 
Period films have become an increasingly prevalent feature of Korean cinema especially during the holiday seasons such as the lunar New Year and Chuseok. As such, this coming lunar new year (Feb. 18-20), the sequel "Detective K: Secret of the Lost Land" is due to hit local screens, but more eagerly awaited, perhaps, is Lee Joon-ik's "The Throne" due for a release in the second half of this year andstarring Song Kang-ho who experienced unprecedented success in 2013 when "Snowpiercer," "The Face Reader" and "The Attorney" all became huge hits.
Lee Joon-ik has established himself as one of the leading figures in the industry following the success of "The King and The Clown" (2005) and has made a number of period films. His latest one also features Yoo Ah-in ("Veteran") and Moon Geun-young — her first film in eight years — and is set during the reign of King Yeongjo (Song Kang-ho) that follows the life of Crown Prince Sado (Yoo Ah-in) who is condemned to death by his own father after deemed unfit to rule.
Other films 
Other significant local releases this year include the Korean war blockbuster "Western Front 1953" starring Sol Kyung-gu as well as the crime drama "The Classified File" directed by Kwak Kyung-taek and political drama "Inside Men" starring Lee Byeong-hun.
In addition to "The Throne" there are a number of period films also hitting screens including "Memories of the Sword" starring Lee Byeong-hun and Jeon Do-yeon initially scheduled for a release last year but pushed back. Jeon also stars in the romantic drama "The Shameless" (W/T) along with Lee Yoon-ki's "A Man and a Woman" (literal title), which are both expected to hit screens this year.
With other films including "The Great Tiger" (literal title) directed by Park Hoon-jung ("New World" (2013)) starring Choi Min-sik playing a hunter searching for the last surviving tiger on the Korean Peninsula during the Japanese occupation also set to attract audiences later this year, 2015 promises to be yet another exciting twelve months for the industry.
The writer is a film columnist for The Korea Times.

Guest adikkeluangman

Filming for war epic WESTERN FRONT 1953 서부전선 finished on Jan 4. B6uiPLcIgAAsVMI.jpg
http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/409158