[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

What is really going on? MBC has promoted "The Return of Iljimae" to be airing on Nov 19th..But look what have they done; they chose to delay the airing date of this drama....It seems that MBC doesn't want to gamble about "The Return of Iljimae"..I'm afraid people can see the incosistency from MBC..I guess MBC thinks that "The Return of Iljimae" will gain low rating if they air the drama this year since it has to compete with Iljimae SBS in the same year..I'm very dissapointed with MBC's decision :angry:

Now, all i can do is waiting. I hope i can see him sooner.. :rolleyes:

3bc112a7fed0808fd0435886.jpg

credit: baidu

i dont know if i like this or not

i totally loved the SBS one, and i already got the leejunki as iljimae in my mind of me

and the SBS one got 30% in rating, and alot of people are probably already got leejunki stunk in their mind

wouldnt it be too soon for another iljimae to air??? i really hope they make them really really different

or their would be too much comparison and those are never fun

Iljimae SBS did capture the attention of many korean drama lovers; and yes most people will know Iljimae SBS than Iljimae MBC (since it had been aired first so Iljimae's character of Lee Jun Ki would have been stuck in people's mind).

I've heard many times that most people are misunderstanding about Iljimae MBC. They think that Iljimae MBC is doing plagiarism..I feel sad about this..The truth is Iljimae SBS production team lost Iljimae's comic copyright to Iljimae MBC but Iljimae SBS decided to carry on with their own version..

MBC has to do many things to prepare Iljimae, they even have to go to CHINA and JAPAN to film in order to find the right place to shoot (just like in the comic). That's why MBC cannot air "The Return of Iljimae" sooner..

I do like Iiljimae SBS, but shouldn't we give a chance to MBC's "The Return of Iljimae"? Don't you think it is possible the story of MBC's "The Return of Iljimae" would be more interesting?

Guest avicenna

just a personal opinion,

I think MBC want to be fully prepared and does not wanna just an airing on plan regardless the quality of the production, MBC has always produce the best ( from what I have seen from their drama so far ).... I guess that what SBS ignored, because of the budget issues, so the quality was not what I personally expected....I prefered it to be delayed rather than air on time if it is going to affect the quality....

no offense pointed to anyone, just my personal opinion ....

I expect ( or hope ) that MBC's (return of Iljimae) becoming stronger and more interesting than SBS's one..... to recover me from my shock in it ><

Guest Happy_Day

^ i love love love love jung il woo but i dont really think he suits the character, at least his face doesnt. he has the kind and warm baby look, you know, the pretty kind who should only do those flower boy kinda roles. Junki's look is totally different. people think he's pretty but his eyes are very sharp and expressive, they can even look fierce sometimes. well, actually i think junki is very manly. he knows martial arts and he has a macho body.

Exactly. I could say much more about this, but I'm too tired now LOL~~ I just feel like people are putting down the SBS version and LJK slightly now, and don't like that at all.

I'm willing to give this a chance. But LJK fit the role of Iljimae perfectly. The most important thing about Iljimae's physical attributes are especially the eyes. The eyes need to very charismatic, fierce, and expressive. Also, he wasn't too tall, and very agile. Plus, he's always been good at Taekwondo(?), so he was ready for the part.

About his overacting.. I don't think he overacted. His Iljimae character was supposed to be very silly for about half of the drama, so he had to act that way as a careless guy. But when it became serious, he was very subtle.

Guest avicenna

^ Hey hey.. Do not diss LJK!!!!!!!!!!! He is the best Iljimae. He was made for Iljimae!

I agree that LJK's facial features are sharp and so Iljimae match.... actually his acting in Iljimae was sooooo wonderful, I was impressed with it ....and I'm happy for him but @ the same time, the production was not @ the level of the crew's performance......

they just rushed everything, the story line, the actors/actresses, the whole thing was not @ the level... I am just feeling sad for the crew, although they did great work and hope they got awards as a reward to their hard work..... the production company should've prepared for this 'coz it's a historical drama for God's sake...!!!

I hope MBC's drama would do a great job .... MBC's dramas have been always interesting so I can't wait for this one...... Hwaiting...!!!

Guest White Star

the poster was so cool.

on the same not as avicema....MBC version of Iljimae is totally different.

The LJK version was cute and comical.....with great cast who was well acted and well like....but the production itself was arhhh.....the first few ep was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO draggy i nearly gave up.

I think MBC version put les of an emphasis on the cast and more on the overall quality of the story line...making it more epic instead of lightheart fun....(similar to Ha Ji Won Hwang Jini compare to Son Hye Gyo's, same character....different point of view. another example is Painter of the Wind vs. Portrait of a beauty)

^ Hey hey.. Do not diss LJK!!!!!!!!!!! He is the best Iljimae. He was made for Iljimae!

Happy_Day:Hey.. Don't get mad..It's just my personal opinion..I thought everybody has his/her own right to express his/her opinion about something he/she likes or not..

I just think that Iljimae MBC wants to give darker and more historical impression than sbs' one, so that's why i like Jung Il Woo's expression more than Lee Jun Ki's expression in that picture above (i didn't mean to offense and putting down Lee Jun Ki). I know he's a great actor..I was totally falling in love with Lee Jun Ki in Time Between Dog and Wolf-he suits the role; but as for Iljimae i don't think he suits the role (I'm sorry if i still disagree with you Jun Ki's lovers).

On the other side, i often heard, many people disagree with the cast of The Return of Iljimae; especially Jung Il Woo to play Iljimae character because he has a babyface look-so he couldn't play this role of Iljimae..I'm also tired to hear those opinions.. Why don't we give him a chance?!

I guess it would be wise to say everything that you want to say about Il Woo and his acting as Iljimae after watching The Return of Iljimae..Don't you think so? ^_^

Pppffftt, it seems that The Return of Iljimae makes everybody (including me) curious about the storyline, the casts acting, the filming production and many more..I heard that this Iljimae version will be 'darker'..So i guess there's no joke in this historical drama.. Will it be better than SBS version?! Well, i guess we have to wait until The Return of Iljimae being aired..But it is still a long long way to go..The Return of Iljimae will be aired on January 28 (if there's no more postponement-i hope so).

Fan made..Very cute..

ECA0954copy.jpg

ECA0951copy.jpg

ECA0953copy.jpg

Guest White Star

i can't wait for this....i'm a recent fan of JIW.... his smile surely melt my heart.

i hope he could use this series as an opoortunity to prove his acting ability since most of his roles so far....is ...sorry to say...just typical pretty boy... no much depth....but i think he got protential

+WS+

Archived