[drama 2009] The Return Of Iljimae 돌아온 일지매

Guest cutiepie

Yoon Jin Suh Kisses Jung Il Woo in Cave

the_return_of_iljimae_kiss_scene.jpg

MBC’s “The Return of Iljimae” has successfully filmed a heart-pounding first kiss scene featuring the male and female lead, Jung Il Woo and Yoon Jin Suh recently.

This kiss scene happens when Iljimae (Jung Il Woo) returns to Chosun from the Qing Dynasty but receives an inconsolable pain from his biological father. Iljimae is also labeled as a spy sent by the Qing Government and hence is under constant pursuit by the Chosun Government. While escaping, he later meets his first love Dal Yi (Yoon Jin Suh) in his cave hideout and also have a kiss scene with her.

As the plot requires Dal Yi to take the initiative to kiss Iljimae, Yoon Jin Suh being a little shy on directing the kiss scene, not only caused numerous NGs but also made the crews burst into laughter while filming.

Jung Il Woo said: “Jin Suh (sister) seems overly shy about the kiss scene. My head was knocked onto the ground several times when she was trying to push me down. Jin Suh (sister) who was trying to direct the scene is definitely more stressful. For me, apart from trying to bear the pain, I can’t really remember anything else.”

“The Return of Iljimae”, a story about the Chosun hero Iljimae, is the post-drama of “General Hospital 2” and will begin airing from the 21st of January.

credit: hanfever

As the plot requires Dal Yi to take the initiative to kiss Iljimae, Yoon Jin Suh being a little shy on directing the kiss scene, not only caused numerous NGs but also made the crews burst into laughter while filming.

:lol:

YJS fighting!!!! :blush: :sweatingbullets:

Guest yujah52

Drama press conference is on 1/7. Sean (Jung Hye Young husband) went with his wife who is starring in it. He made a surprising announcement, they're going to be parents again.

^_^

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Return of Iljimae meets the press

January 7th, 2009 // by javabeans

MBCs Return of Iljimae held its production press conference on January 7, featuring its lead actor, Jung Il-woo, who will attempt to make his hero as much a success as Lee Junki did in SBSs drama last year.

When asked about the burden of following such a successful take on the character, Jung replied that hes preparing himself for the response. Although he didnt watch all of SBSs drama, he praised his predecessor, saying, Lee Junki sunbae acted extremely well in it. It was very entertaining However, our Return of Iljimae will be a different drama altogether.

One big difference: the source material.

PD Hwang In-roi said that hearing that SBS would tackle the same subject and broadcast theirs first troubled me a bit. However, his drama is backed by the strength of the original storytelling, which SBS had to do without; lacking adaptation rights to the well-known manhwa series, SBS made do with their own story. MBC, on the other hand, has the license to adapt the original manhwa, which appeared in serialized form in the 1970s, authored by manhwa-ka Go Woo-young. (Following the manhwas success, its even said to have kicked off the golden era of the newspaper serial manhwa.)

Furthermore, PD Hwang is differentiating this drama further from other hero sageuks like Hong Gil Dong there will be no gangs of thieves or mountain fortresses. Iljimae is a hero for the oppressed and weak, but Hwang tried very hard to find probability in the story, and spent a lot of attention on properly depicting the details of the mid-Joseon era.

Hwang continued, We had lots of ups and downs, but as the premiere approaches, Im full of emotion.

Hwang has had some success adapting manhwas before; his profile rose with his extremely successful Goong, and was praised for its beautiful look and gorgeous sets. The launching of Yoon Eun-hyes and Joo Ji-hoons careers didnt hurt, either. Perhaps that track record is why he was fine casting a young actor who hadnt worked on a proper television drama series yet Jung Il-woo shot to teen stardom after starring in MBCs family sitcom Unstoppable High Kick.

Speaking of which, Jung was asked about his High Kick days at the press conference, such as his fellow castmates who have also gone on to successful budding careers. Kim Hye-sung followed a queer indie film role with the sageuk series Kingdom of the Wind; meanwhile, Kim Bum earned praise for his performance in East of Eden and now plays a youthful playboy on the new Boys Before Flowers.

Jung said of Kim Bum, When on set, he seems like hes having fun, but he really studies to immerse himself in his character.

(Jung is looking better after his recent bouts of illness, and his slimmed down features really bring a nice sharpness to the Iljimae character. I am, however, doing my best to ignore that ridiculous poofball he has attached to the back of his head. Who do you think you are, Bae Yong-joon?)

At the press conference, actress Jung Hye-young (in the cream dress) also announced the pregnancy of her third child. Devoted husband Sean (and former half of kpop duo Jinusean) was in attendance at the press conference to present his wife with flowers upon the announcement.

Meanwhile, said lead actress Yoon Jin-seo (in black), Its very different from shooting a film, and there are many difficult aspects, but Im hard at work filming. I decided upon this drama through complete faith in director Hwang In-roi.

The drama is said to be three-quarters complete with its filming, and premieres on January 21.

Via Now News, Yonhap News

Guest White Star

the girl playing iljimae's love interest is starting to grow on me.....at first look...i was kinda disappointed because she's kinda plain (sorry for my shallow-ness).....but i do see why she is casted....she has the innocent, plain-girl-next-door, but with a bit of mystery kinda vibe.....which made her more interesting rather than just cutesy-fall-in-love-at-first-sight-beauty.

i'm counting down to this series.

+WS+

Archived