Park Geun Hyung 박건형

Guest rainz*gurl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I saw 'Bar Legend' aka 'Three Fellas' . I think Park Geon Hyeong is one fine actor. I love him in 'The Innocent Steps' when he made those sexy salsa moves n stuff and he can kick-richard simmons in 'Bar Legend' too..some dancer and a fighter!..some hot pics from Empas..

park01.jpg

park02.jpg

park03.jpg

parkgeonhyeong.gif

sultry..sexy ...hmm...what else..?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest se7ensoul

whoa.. he looks pretty good in these pics.. In miss kim 1 billion dollar drama thing, he looks kinda ugly.. LOL!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest clandestine0602

whoa! finally found his thread.. im currently watching miss kim's quest for million dollars. i dont like his character on the first part of the series, he left miss kim for another woman and he looked untidy. however, on the later part when he finally realized that he still likes miss kim and started helping her, i finally find him him in a different light. he looked handsome and his cute with his eyeglasses. he doesnt look dorky anymore on the later part of the series. im looking forward to seeing his other series.. :)

• 1 month later...

surprised to find him here. :w00t: he sang so beautifully. i loved him in Innocent Steps and hyesung's MV. keke... haven't really had time to check out anything else though. XD

available in my NEW CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

Please download lots and help make my CB gold!

Next inspection is tomorrow: Nov. 4th! :w00t:

Do NOT take this HQ cut out of my clubbox. Thanks! :D

Park Gun Hyung - Talk + All The Love I Have with Nana on Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter (2007-11-02) [cashewmania].avi [116.8MB]

Thank you for your continuous support! :lol:

If you're interested in being a part of my team of uploaders, please PM me. ^_^

Guest jojijunjy

I like this actor. I first saw him in When Spring Comes and thought he looked like Song Il Gook. Those photos of him are pretty hot.

• 4 weeks later...

available in my CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

Please provide proper credits if taking out ^^

Various Artists - Comments on Tell Me On Sunday Bada Musical [seszone33+cashewmania].flv [20.1MB]

Brian, Park Gun Hyung, Park Kyung Lim, Yoon Jung Hee, Lee Kyung Mi, another celeb

We got GOLD! :w00t: Thank you so much for all of your support!!

Guest clandestine0602

i finally get to watch innocent steps. he is a good dancer. he dances like a pro. also, just this week, i saw him on showbiz extra aired in arirang. news is that, he is currently working on a musical where he gets to sing, dance and act. he is not just good looking, he is also very talented. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest cheesecake

I didn't know there were only two pages only here in his soompi forum topic. Anyways, his acting was really great in The Kingdom of The Wind. I think that he really did portrayed his character very well. He's so serious in that drama; While I once saw him being interviewed on a Tv Show and he was really nice to chat with. Very nice and jolly/happy type of person. He smiles a lot as well too. I saw him in When Spring Comes Drama. I know that he's in a Musical too, I just don't know which one. I saw some of his pictures on his official website. He can sing too! I hope to see him more in other great dramas.

Guest jennalin

Love Park Geun Hyung! He is one talented star! His dance moves in 'Innocent Steps' are awesome! A really cool actor and I enjoy all his dramas!

• 1 year later...

Another deserted thread . . . :huh:

Posted by Rubie at Soompi E-News Thread

July 4, 2010

Musical star Park debuts in play

By Chung Ah-young

Staff Reporter

100704_p14_musical.jpg

Top musical actor Park Geon-hyeong will make his debut in the play “Fool for Love”

at SM Art Hall in Daehangno, central Seoul, from July 6 to Sept. 12./ Courtesy of Aga Company

Top musical actor Park Geon-hyeong will make his debut in the play "Fool For Love" as the opening performance of a drama festival to be staged in Daehangno.

The Broadway play written by American playwright Sam Shepard will be adapted by veteran producer and director Cho Kwang-hwa who has previously directed the musicals "Claws of Angle," "Soridoduk" and "Harmonium in My Heart."

The play revolves around the relationship between two lovers ― Eddie and May ― who are half-siblings and focuses on the yearnings, violence and inner struggles of the couple who are in conflict but complementary rather than just the basic love and hate existing between them.

Park will take the role of Eddie in the play. He has a strong fan base for numerous hit musicals such as "Saturday Night Fever," "Wedding Singer," "Mozart!" and films "Dancing Princess" and "Ddukbang Legend."

Park's huge popularity was proved once again when the play topped in ticket reservations within 30 minutes after the ticket sales opened last month. Not only Park but also celebrated actors Han Jung-soo, Cho Dong-hyuk, Kim Hyo-jin and Kim Jung-hwa will perform together in the play.

The original play premiered at the Magic Theater in San Francisco in 1983 and was staged in the Circle Repertory Theater and Douglas Fairbanks Theater afterwards. The work was also made into a film version starring Kim Basinger and Sam Shepard in 1985 and was invited to the Cannes International Film Festival. The drama was also performed at the Apollo Theater in 2006 in England including Juliette Lewis in the cast.

The Aga Company will present eight plays for nine months at the Play Festival 2010 titled "I Love the Stage." The festival is designed to boost the small theater works and develop the local theater culture as a whole. "We will portray the meaning of true love through love today," the company said in a statement.

The play will be on stage at SM Art Hall in Daehangno, central Seoul, from July 6 to Sept. 12. Tickets cost 40,000 won. For more information, call (02) 764-8760.

Source: chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

• 2 years later...

August 7, 2012

From Ob-gyn to transgender rock singer
Korea JoongAng Daily

Actor Park Geon-hyeong has seen it all on TV dramas and the recent musical ‘Hedwig’

07201626.jpg
After finishing a drama series in which he played a devoted bachelor, 
Park Geon-hyeong goes back to his roots - musicals - this time 
as a transgender rock singer. “I want people to believe that I am 
a woman so that they can fall in love with me,” the actor said. [JoongAng Ilbo]

Park Geon-hyeong has played a wide range of roles throughout his acting career. His most recent character in “I Do, I Do,” Cho Eun-sung, is a devoted bachelor and Ob-gyn who falls in love with a pregnant woman. Now Park is acting in live performances in the musical “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” in which he plays a transgender rock singer. 

The 34-year-old recently wrapped up the MBC drama “I Do, I Do” last month and says his role in “Hedwig” is a significant challenge. But as the stage is “where he comes from,” the role is also fulfilling. 

Park first debuted as a musical actor back in 2001 and has since been active on both television and stage. He has starred in the KBS2 dramas “The Kingdom of the Winds” (2008) and “When Spring Comes” as well as the JTBC program “Syndrome” (2012).

The actor sat down with Ilgan Sports, a daily affiliated with the JoongAng Ilbo, to discuss his current work in the musical and his various roles in dramas. The following are excerpts from the interview.

Q. You start your musical performance on Saturday without any rest after the drama series. How were you able to transition so quickly from television to the live performance?

A. Even now I just came from my practice session. People around me worry that the work may be too demanding, but I actually have a lot of energy and this production is very meaningful to me. For the first time in my life, I am going to wear women’s clothing by taking on the role of a transgender rock singer Hedwig. 

How does it feel to dress like a woman?

As soon as I chose to take on the role of Hedwig, I wore a skirt. “Oh my, is this really how it feels to wear a skirt? It feels so empty underneath!” I also tried on a bra, and I think that women are amazing for wearing something so inconvenient all day long. In the end, I felt like my broad shoulders were not “woman-like” and that was when I felt like trimming some of my bones. I wanted to be a truly magnificent woman. I now understand why women say that they want to trim off their bones [Laughs].

I’ve heard that while working on “Hedwig,” you have set a special goal for yourself.

I want the people who come to the show but don’t know me to truly believe that I am a woman so that they can fall in love with me. This musical is both a great challenge and a pleasure, and this is why I decided to become an actor. 

Isn’t it hard to go from TV to the musical stage and vice versa?

There is a lot to fight for. When I am doing a drama, I need to reduce some of the musical-like showy energy because otherwise, it looks too heavy on TV. It is important to stay on the same level as the other person. On the contrary, on the musical stage, it is necessary to give off a peculiar kind of energy. It is indeed not an easy job to move back and forth, but I am happy. 

It’s hard not to mention your recent project, “I Do, I Do.” The character of Cho Eun-sung is hard to understand in real life because he loves a woman who is pregnant with another man’s child, and later on, he wants to become a godfather-like figure for the newborn. 

I thought a lot about the character while taking on this role, such as thinking about what love really is, at exactly what point does a man feel love toward a woman, and why a man and a woman still love each other even after incessant fighting. I think the character is not unrealistic, but just rare, and I wanted to show that kind of standpoint.

But what if this kind of situation happened in real life?

In a strictly standardized moral sense, there would be no explanation for that. People close by would ask questions like, “Are there really no other woman at all? Why does it have to be that woman?” But when you think about it, the only possible answer would be that it is because of that woman. 

That sounds very romantic.

What I learnt throughout this role is, “To all the men out there, don’t think that you know everything about women.” I think that women are people who are in constant transformation and that with each transformation, something improves. Things like navigation need to be changed and upgraded once a year, but it seems like women change every three minutes, so how are we to possibly stick to their pace? Men shouldn’t be so bigheaded about knowing women.

Are you currently seeing anyone?

No. When I am in love with someone, I’m not the kind who plays “hard to get.” Rather, I am totally at their disposition, which is probably why the other person loses the will to play any tricks on me.

Like your previous project with JTBC’s “Syndrome,” you once again took on the role of a doctor in “I Do, I Do.” 

“Syndrome” was a drama that was wholly focused on medical science, but since “I Do, I Do” was a drama in the genre of a romantic comedy, it was very different. When I received the script, I was like, “Wow, is this really for me?” and I really liked the concept of my character. Besides, isn’t it a compliment to hear that I look good as a doctor? Also, because of “Syndrome,” wearing scrubs wasn’t awkward at all, but actually very comfy. I was happy to not have to take on the role of a doctor who had to perform endless surgeries that were of life or death situations, but rather playing a doctor whose duty was to bring joy into welcoming a new life.

You seem to be an eager perfectionist.

That is a necessary trait to have for an actor. I constantly think about how much more I can present myself sincerely to the audience because at the end of the day, I am to become a gift for them. 

estyle@joongang.co.kr

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived