Go Hyun Jung 고현정

Guest xosandy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 25, 2012
'Miss Conspirator' has Ko Hyun-jung in unfamiliar roleBy Im Ju-ri Korea JoongAng Daily
24212624.jpgActress Ko Hyun-jung stars in the film “Miss Conspirator.” By Kwon Hyuk-jae
Actress Ko Hyun-jung returns to the big screen in the new action/comedy “Miss Conspirator.” Ko has typically played the role of strong female figures in positions of power, most notably seen in “Queen Seondeok” (2009) and “Daemul” (2010), in which she played Korea’s first female president.
This time, however, Ko’s role has taken a 180-degree turn. In “Miss Conspirator” she plays a disoriented woman with a social phobia. 
General reaction to the film after its first screening was not too enthusiastic. But despite the criticism, Ko’s stardom alone has attracted significant attention. The JoongAng Ilbo sat down with Ko on Wednesday to find out what she hides under her charismatic appearance. 
In the middle of the interview she kept saying, “Am I doing this right? If not, let me know. Tell me if I am saying something strange.” Perhaps the timid role she plays in this film is not mismatching after all. 
Q. Is this the first commercial film you’ve starred in?
A. Actually it’s just the first in three years. Last time was when I starred in “Actresses” in 2009. When I received the scripts for “Miss Conspirator,” I read them very carefully because the producers were close friends of mine. I felt like this was the last chance for me to play characters like Chun Su-ro. If I get older, I can’t play this kind of character anymore. So I took the chance. I’ve always played characters that are strong and have charisma. Chun Su-ro is a nerdy and timid character, which is fairly new to me. 
You’ve played mostly charismatic characters in the past? 
Since my comeback to film and television following the divorce [with Chung Yong-jin, vice chairman of Shinsegae Group] people treated me like a real adult. I guess it is obvious because I’ve married and have children. But I felt like I was not yet a complete adult. 
I was still immature and unskilled in certain aspects. But in order to live up to that image people have of me, I had to pretend to be a charismatic and a strong person. I simply had to remind myself to be strong. But this time it was difficult because I had to take out the timid side of me that was hiding inside. 
Did you perhaps want to change the image people have of you through this film? 
I am not the type of person who plans ahead and follows through with plans. I personally don’t like changing myself either. However, I do want to show everything when I work in a film. Regardless of the types of characters I play, I don’t change myself to act that character. I want to show everything that I have to play one character. 
Did you find any similarities between you and Chun Su-ro, the character you played?
I think so, in some aspects. I do not have a social phobia, but I don’t really go out that often, either. That felt like a similarity. It was helpful in acting it out in the film.
There was a director change while it was in production. Were there difficulties while filming? 
Yes, there were some difficulties we had to face during the production. Those difficult times strengthened me and gave me the sense of responsibility to endure to the end. It had to be finished, and we did it. 
Was there any particular scene that was difficult to play?
Chun Su-ro is a disoriented person. If I exaggerate my actions it may seem prejudiced toward disoriented people. The difficult task I had was to act without giving people any uncomfortable feelings.

June 25, 2012
Movie 'Miss Go' Debuts At #1 At Box OfficeKBS Global
en_120625_12.jpg
Go Hyun-jung has done it again. Another hit of a project under her belt, this time in the form of the movie . I
According to the Korean Film Commission on June 25th, attracted 268,622 movie-goers from June 22-24th. This has clinched it the number one spot at the box office, in the first weekend of its debut. So far, the total number of people that have watched the movie stands at 331,514 people.
The movie is about a timid woman who suffers from panic disorder (played by Go), who ends up doing a favor for a nun that she meets. This winds her up in a 50 billion won criminal case. The action-comedy has been attracting a lot of attention even before it's premiere on June 21st.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jyshen

hello.... anyone knows where i can watch Miss Conspirator online? am a small fangirl of Ms. Go. Thanks much in advance...;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ghj&sjh_BIAS00a

HIHI!!I am a BIG fan of go hyun jung too and i am also new in soompi.BUT I HAVE HUGE PROBLEMS HERE,ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO WATCH SANDGLASS,WOMAN BY THE BEACH,LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL,MISS GO(all by go hyun jung^^)ONLINE FOR FREE???I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT AND I AM DYING TO WATCH IT TTOTTplease help!!!

ghj&sjh_BIAS00a said: HIHI!!I am a BIG fan of go hyun jung too and i am also new in soompi.BUT I HAVE HUGE PROBLEMS HERE,ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO WATCH SANDGLASS,WOMAN BY THE BEACH,LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL,MISS GO(all by go hyun jung^^)ONLINE FOR FREE???I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT AND I AM DYING TO WATCH IT TTOTTplease help!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20130412000509

Actress Go Hyun-jung casted in “Queen’s Classroom”

Published : 2013-04-12 14:40 | Updated : 2013-04-12 14:40

201304120006010.jpg
(IOK Company official website)

Actress Go Hyun-jung will come back to the small screen with MBC’s upcoming television drama series “Queen’s Classroom.”

The 42-year-old actress is to play the main role as a ferocious and ruthless primary school teacher in the series, which kicks off this June.

“She (Go) chose ‘Queen’s Classroom’ as her next drama for its unique storyline. Also, since Go has never played the role of teacher, she is determined to work with many child actors and actresses to boost the quality of the series,” said Go’s entertainment agency official.

“Queen’s Classroom” is a remake of the original Japanese series with the same title that aired in 2005. The Japanese series garnered huge popularity, having tallied up viewer ratings in the 20 percent range.

From news reports
(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

----

Source:
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=185570

Go Hyun Jung casting in new MBC TV series

2013-04-12 14:42

2013041208531151674ce5f.jpg

Go Hyun Jung decided to cast in new MBC drama 'Queen's Classroom'.

On April 12th, Go Hyun Jung's management agency said, "Go Hyun Jung decided to cast in new MBC TV series 'Queen's Classroom'."

Go Hyun Jung's last drama casting happened three years ago, and many drama fans are showing great reactions for the news of her return.

'Queen's Classroom' will be showing a story of a strict female teacher and her students, and she will be showing another side of her.

An official from her agency said, "We thought that this drama is a very unique one, and Go Hyun Jung felt that the character was very charming."

He also said, "Go Hyun Jung will get to work with a great number of kids, and she is very looking forward it."

He lastly added, "The drama will throw direct messages to many different problems and issues that current education system has."

On the other hand, new MBC TV series 'Queen's Classroom' will premiere in mid-June as the sequel of 'When A Man Loves'.

/Reporting by Kim Ji-Yi en@starnnews.com

April 14, 2013
Ko Hyun-jung to star in new drama
The Korea Times
04-15-05-05.jpg

Actress-turned emcee Ko Hyun-jung will end her three-year hiatus and return to TV dramas in June.
She will star in the new SBS drama tentatively named “Queen of the Class,” her agency IOK Company said Friday.
Ko was last seen in the drama “Daemul” in 2010, in which she played a female president. She earned the Grand Prize at the SBS Drama Awards that year for the role.
The actress described the new role ― Ma Yeo-jin ― she will play as a “demon-like” teacher who shows no mercy to her students.
The story depicts the struggle between the teacher and her class.
“The style and concept of the drama was rather fresh, not like other school dramas,” Ko said. “It is a challenge for me, too, to play a role like Ma.”

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Actress Yoon Yeo-jung joins "Queen's Classroom".
20130510130138518c71227.jpg

row 1: Kim Hyang-gi, Seo Shin-ae
row 2: Kim Sae-ron, Lee Young-yoo
201304171733778343516e5.jpg

(naver)

----

Source: http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=3004

Actresses do not age? Celebrity secret to look perfect in front HD Camera

Write: 2013-05-08 16:59:10 / Update: 2013-05-10 16:01:38

1z09yqll3y4vlilfg63i9yd.jpg

[by Kwak Min-sun / translated by Joy Kim] As technology develops, TV monitors started to show real faces of stars. Small spots can look serious in HD monitors. Flawless skin is now a must factor for stars.

However, some stars show perfect, flawless skin even in front of cameras. For example, stars like Ko Hyun-jung and Jeon Do-yeon is famous for their healthy and silk like skin. Lee Min-jung, known as actor Lee Byung-hun’s date, has also baby face and fair skin.

Three women have one common factor. They all have unique cleansing technique. Especially actress Ko Hyun-jung’s cleansing technique became a buzz over the internet soon after it was introduced. Also Jeon Do-yeon’s 1000 washing technique and Lee Min-jung’s mist cleansing were both popular.

To keep healthy skin, cleansing is very important. To have fair and younger looking skin like them lets find out about appropriate cleansing technique.

1. Remove makeup with care

Makeup can make people look beautiful but it can also damage the skin when not removed properly afterwards. Especially after applying smoky eye makeup, deep cleansing is important because color pigment from the makeup can cause pigmentation on skin.

To start deep cleansing, use cleansing oil or tissue to remove the thick makeup. Claires Lumaca C.S Gel Makeup Remover will remove waterproof makeup product and other makeup. Because it does not contain any surfactant but base material with moisturizing effect it will add moisture to the skin. Giving a massage while cleansing will reduce the stress of facial muscles.

9vmzlzihfrlcbnwjbxnqkgi.jpg

2. Wash the pores

After removing the makeup, now it is time to wash out the pores. Using the product, make enough foam and give a massage. Then wash off with warm water. Hot water will enlarge the pores and cold water cannot wash properly so make sure to use the right temperature.

Claire’s Lumaca Face Soap is suitable for second time washing because its bubble foam has fine particles with washes the pores. Also it is designed fit to hand grip so it won’t be slippery while using the product.

739ruw036tyr1a5vp5znd3k.jpg

3. Finish with deep cleansing

After washing the pores, it is time to wash off the residue and add moisture shield to the face. Avoid cleansers with chemical base materials because they can damage the skin so it is better to use soft and mild acid balanced product.

For final step, make sure to give enough facial massage with bubble foam and wash off with cool water. Claire’s Lumaca Face Cleanser has double moisture shield system which has effects of cleanser but does not dry the skin easily and prevents germs damaging the skin.

nwf3xiqtlai6xytcvuji39d.jpg

(photos by bntnews DB, Claire’s, Lumaca)

Guest kdramafanusa

Actress Ko Hyun-jung to Play Teacher in New Series

2013/05/16 by Kang Jung Yeon

2013051614403260058615x.jpg[
Korean top actress Go Hyun-jung on the poster of SBS drama “Big Thing” which was on air from October 6 to December 23, 2010. [sBS]

Top Korean actress Ko Hyun-jung is coming back on the small screen as a teacher.

Ko will star in new drama “Class of Queen” [translated title], the show’s broadcaster MBC said through a press release on Wednesday.

In the series, Ko will play a self-righteous and cold-hearted teacher newly appointed to an elementary school where the students of the classroom she is in charge of, to be played by child actresses such as Kim Hyang-gi, Kim Sae-ron and Seo Shin-ae, do not listen to her.

The show will depict on how the students mature amidst the obstacles they face against the teacher and those she sets for them.

A remake of the Japanese drama of the same name from 2005, the upcoming series will show every Wednesdays and Thursdays starting June 12.

Reporter. Kang Jung Yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim
Photo Courtesy of SBS

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

I love her since Spring Days...she has natural beuty and great acting skill...

Sad i'm not yet watch her drama " Queen Seon Deok " although she's been outstanding in that role...the reasons are i'm not too interested in saeguk and don't have enough time to watch long-period drama except for family drama
:P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived