[drama 2007-2008] New Heart 뉴하트

koalabear

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait, so is Ji Sung still in this as the male lead? It seems that Lee Ji Hoon is male lead? Are those the right pictures?

Ji Sung is not there in the press conference but HE is defintely the cast member .as to who the male lead is .i dun think that is really very critical now to analyze..for all i know .Jo Jae-hyun is also the male lead to me .

200712041540311001_1.jpg

oh i didnt know dr go from golden era of daughter in law is here too~ ..i hope he is a more useful doctor here then in the KBS drama .lol .

200712041527501001_1.jpg

Guest AlecRuby

wow, Ji Sung looks hot, with his new hairdo. Lee Ji Hoon was really unexpected for me. I never knew he got casted. I wonder could he be a playboy doctor, just not wearing a doctor outfit? I am not to fond of the lead actress if she is as of now. He doesn't seem to match JI Sung if she is going to be. Any other female leads not in the promotion?

Oh, so Lee Ji Hoon has been casted here, huh? I'm so happy for him. He might not be playing as the doctor, too since he's not in uniform, huh? I know the pilot episode has been broadcasted last Monday/December 3? Wondering how much rating did it get? I hope it did fine, too. :mellow:

Guest Gummi Bear

I will definitely give this a try!

Love medical drama and this one has such hot eye candies

It's airing right after TWSSG I believe.

I will definitely give this a try!

Love medical drama and this one has such hot eye candies

It's airing right after TWSSG I believe.

Gummi Bear - Ye, I remember, you're right......the pilot episode will be after BYJ's drama & not what i posted, which was last Monday. :D

Yay! :D The airing time is near! Can't wait. Thanks for the links and photos.

Lee Ji Hoon looks HOT! I think I'm sensing a love triangle between Ji Sung, Kim Min Jung, and Lee Ji Hoon. Oh so excited.

Kim Min Jung looks like she gain weight. But still love her very much. :D

thanks for all who posted the new pics and latest updates. I would like to Believe that Ji Sung and Jo Jae-hyun are the leads of the drama

and Lee Ji-hoon looks so different...he looks more gorgeous too...nice to see him in the cast as well...I'm excited to watch this drama as this is my first Korean Medical Drama in a long while

Guest sillyme

I didn't know that the drama's coming out that soon..

And yeah..LJH looks more like a Pop star to me..

That's exactly Jee Hoon's role in this drama, a superstar.

Guest kdramafanusa

The Korea Times 12-05-2007 16:52

New Medial Drama `New Heart’ to Hit TV

By Kwon Mee-yoo, Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporters

071205_p16_medical.jpg

Cast members of "New Heart," a new medical drama that is scheduled to air starting next week on MBC. Second from left is actor Cho Jae-hyun, who will play the protagonist, Choe Gang-guk, a heart surgeon. / Korea Times Photo

The year 2007 was one of hit medical dramas like "Behind the White Tower'' (MBC) and "Doctor Bong'' (SBS). Yet another medical drama, "New Heart,'' now brings the hospital back to the TV screens.

Director Park Hong-gyun, who previously directed the hit drama "The Age of Heroes'' (2004) and "So In Love'' (2006), admitted some unease about adding another medical series to the list, but that he was taking slightly different approach, during a press conference Tuesday at a hospital in Seoul.

"While 'Behind the White Tower' is about hospital politics and 'Doctor Bong' traces the emotional and professional growth of young doctors, 'New Heart' will mainly focus on the medical field,'' he said. Park added that they avoided using the tripod in order to fully capture the realism of the surgery and characters in action.

"New Heart'' differentiates itself from other medical dramas by focusing on heart surgeons. The drama captures the passion and pressures of the doctors dealing with the heart, an organ on which life is dependent.

The hospital set of "New Heart'' is located in Gwangju, Gyeonggi Province and fully installed with surgery rooms and offices.

The protagonist Choe Gang-guk (played by leading actor Cho Jae-hyun), a newly appointed head of the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at Gwanghui University Hospital, believes that only doctors can save peoples' lives. He is a genius but a stubborn surgeon who does not care for hospital politics.

Gang-guk's pride is hurt as only two interns, apply to work in his department. Neither satisfy his standards. Lee Eun-seong (played by Ji Sung) is a below average intern from a lesser known university in the countryside, whereas Nam Hye-seok (Kim Min-jeong) is a top student, but her being female apparently is a problem. After many complications, they are finally accepted to the department, but the warm-hearted Eun-seong and over conscientious Hye-seok clash over everything.

One day, a famous actor Lee Dong-gwon (played by singer and actor Lee Jee-hoon) is admitted into the Hospital for arrhythmia surgery. He immediately falls for Hye-seok, his classmate from elementary school.

Although "New Heart'' is Cho's seventh drama, he admitted that the character of a surgeon worried him at first. "Surgeons are like gods, and acting the part seemed difficult at first. But I realized that the god-like surgeons had to have a human side too,'' he said. To better understand his character, Cho watched real surgeons in action in the surgery room.

The leading actress Kim Min-jeong described her character Hye-seok as a smart but unforgiving intern. "She lives in her own world, and follows her own rules. But her rather stern character changes later as Hye-seok is caught in the center of a love triangle with Eun-sung and Dong-gwon,'' she said.

The only one unrelated to the medical scene is Dong-gwon, "Dong-gwon is cool and outgoing, but grows uneasy as Hye-seok and Eun-seong get close,'' Lee said.

With the expectation to keep up with the popularity of medical dramas, the first episode of "New Heart'' will air Dec. 12, Wednesday, 9:55 p.m. on MBC.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../135_14993.html

AHHH! I just rewatch the trailer and Lee Ji hoon was SO HOT! I'm definitly gonna love this drama. It has my favorite actors and actresses. :fury: One week is so long from now. Me :angry: .

Thanks for updating everyone.

Archived