[MANGA/ANIME] DEATH NOTE

Guest kookis2

Guest 7:45am

omg omg

to all the Aussies

death note is on ABC2??

the American-dubbed version

I hate the voice for L

but I can't believe DN was on tv!!!!!!!!!!

YES!! I remember flickering between channels and I saw Death Note on tv! I was soo surprised! Haha, I don't mind the dubs.. in fact I find the voices for the characters are quite funny :sweatingbullets: (haha I'm getting visions of the english dubs for Iron Chef ==)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest witchery

i really love this manga. the anime series is fantastic and i heard some rumors that the movies weren't very good.

although this rumor may be the most interesting...

death note is apparently coming to america and zac efron is going to play the role as light. i don't know if i should be excited or disgusted, but it's a rumor so i guess i just have to wait and see.

*chokes*

Although Light and ZE have some really similar features he still looks NOTHING like what Light should look like.

^ what? O__O WHEN?!?

ahh but I don't like English dubs :x

Haha it's on ABC2.

Lol damn I forgot which day I watched it on, should check the tv guide

Vertigo Entertainment Developing U.S. Death Note Remake

posted on 2008-06-02 15:58 EDT

CW's Undercover writers/producers Vlas and Charles Parlapanides to pen script

The production notes for the recent horror films Shutter and The Strangers both reveal that America's Vertigo Entertainment is developing a remake of the Death Note franchise and has hired Vlas and Charles Parlapanides to write the screenplay. In Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's hit Death Note manga, a teenager finds a notebook with which he can put people to death by writing their names. He begins a self-anointed crusade against the criminals of the world, and a cat-and-mouse game begins with the authorities and one idiosyncratic genius detective.

Vertigo Entertainment (no relation to DC Comics' Vertigo imprint or the United Kingdom's Vertigo Films) has developed or is developing remakes of Ju-on (The Grudge), Dark Water, Infernal Affairs (The Departed), Gin gwai (The Eye), Shutter, My Sassy Girl, Jungdok (Possession), and Janghwa, Hongryeon (The Uninvited). The Parlapanides brothers are writers and executive producers of Undercover, an update of the 21 Jump Street television series which is under development for The CW network.

The Death Note manga has already been adapted into two Japanese live-action films with one spinoff film, an animated television series, assorted television specials, and novels. Viz Media is releasing the manga, the anime series, and a novel, while Viz Pictures released the first Japanese live-action film in theaters in May.

Source: ShockTillYouDrop.Com, Animenewsnetwork

There are also 2 petitions out :

Not to cast Zac Efron as Light

http://www.petitiononline.com/apple88/petition.html

To cast Kenichi Matsuyama (original actor) as L

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lindeathnote/index.html

Guest Mirae-chan

^LOL PETITION TO *NOT* CAST ZAC EFRON.. I so agree ;D or that weird Jonas brother as Mikami lol..

I don't think MatsuKen can be L for the English version though because I could barely understand his English in L Change the WorLd lol.. =X

^ LOL @ both petitions! But I doubt Zac Efron would even be considered by the studio execs. If he was cast, I probably wouldn't mind cause he hasn't been really given a chance in television and movies yet (besides High School Musical but whatever)

Can Kenichi even speak English? L is meant to be an Englishman anyways. XD

^ LOL @ both petitions! But I doubt Zac Efron would even be considered by the studio execs. If he was cast, I probably wouldn't mind cause he hasn't been really given a chance in television and movies yet (besides High School Musical but whatever)

Can Kenichi even speak English? L is meant to be an Englishman anyways. XD

Guest loosuhh4life

DEATH NOTE THREAD!!!

I was so obsessed with this show and especially, L! Oh god, can't believe they're remaking a US version.

I like Kenichi as L and nothing pwns the original version. Sigh...

Well the original isn't going anywhere so you'd still have it. That and I wouldn't mind a fresh take on Death Note. I just hope it at least, meets my expectations. ^^

Guest <3 Kim

I just finished the anime today. The first part was good but then everything got a bit boring when L died so I started skipping parts ><

There are also 2 petitions out :

Not to cast Zac Efron as Light

http://www.petitiononline.com/apple88/petition.html

To cast Kenichi Matsuyama (original actor) as L

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lindeathnote/index.html

lol...

a petition to "not cast" ZE as Light Yagami

even though its very possible that he will be casted...still ZE doesnt have that thing that makes Light..Light (like in the J version)

im still dying to know who'll play L...

Guest Pylades Drunk

Ah, so it seems Death Note's hitting it off with the American/English media well?

I'm sure Zac Effron isn't under the same obligations to Disney as his costars from HSM seem to have to bend to; well, then again, I don't do extensive research. Whatever agency, Disney, in particular, is known for being a prick to everyone it takes under; Vanessa Hudges, Miley Cyrus [i can feel the onslaught of totally-not-spelled-correctly names]. So that might be a factor in whether he's eligible in getting the role. TL;DR I'M PROBABLY WRONG AND THIS IS USELESS BABBLE.

Hopefully timing won't suck this time and delay said production of film as with what happened with the remake of Battle Royale, in respects to Virginia Tech.

Haha, I almost feel sorry for the screenwriters. xD They'll have to condense, but still, make the plot /even better/, while prancing on broken eggshells over sensitivity issues. Ahah, they've got a load on their hands.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest I.♥_Y0U ;)

ahh death note. best story I've ever read. Other mangas, I get bored & quit & I don't usually go past 20 chapters, but I'm on chapter 70 of death note :)

I'm scared for the remake. They're probably going to kill it, but I would watch it anyways

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lily-chan

Oh great... a U.S. remake? I just can't imagine any American/Caucasian actors playing any of the characters... especially L.

Zack Effron better not be Light. I dunno why I just don't like that boy (Effron, that is)

i was really slow about finding out about deathnote xD

i started watching it b4 reading it.

i watched all episodes without stopping. but i was watching during school .__.

still, its the best thing ive ever watched/read.

Archived