[MANGA/ANIME] DEATH NOTE

Guest kookis2

Guest kookis2
"Part mystery and psychological thriller, part social commentary;
"Part mystery and psychological thriller, part social commentary; this is some pretty heavy stuff"
DeathNote2.jpg

This has got to be the best manga that I've ever read ^^ SYNOPSIS: Yagami Light is a young but bright high school student who has until recently led a boring and uneventful life. That changed very quickly when he found a strange notebook with the title "Death Note" lying on the ground one day. It wasn't until later that he realized that this "Death Note" was the tool of a shinigami (god of death in Japanese) from another world named Ryuk, and that it had the power to kill whoever's name was written on its pages, so long as the writer knew the victim's face as well. Light realises his ability to kill whomever he wishes, and he uses it to begin a "cleansing" of the world from evil. It does not take the police long to realise that somebody is responsible for the mysterious deaths of criminals, and he is then soon hunted by the Japanese police force and a mysterious detective known as "L". So as Light works towards his "perfect" world, devoid of crime and injustice (and with him as leader), L works to catch the mysterious murderer, dubbed "Kira" by the press and end the increasingly senseless deaths of criminals and anyone who gets too close to the truth. L and Light soon begin a cat and mouse chase to see who will be the first to have their personalities exposed...

Published by: Viz
Anime Episodes: 37 + 1 Movie

*This series has games and live action films released

614.jpg
DEATH NOTE (Written) RULES: - The human whose name is written in this note shall die. - This note will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected. - If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject's name, it will happen. - If the cause of death is not specified, the subject will simply die of a heart attack. - After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds. CHARACTERS:
characters.jpg
WALLPAPER: Death_Note_Wallpaper_by_overfiend0a.jpg[1] Death_Note_Wallpaper_by_The_BakaNek.jpg[2] FANS DRESSED UP AS DEATH NOTE CHARACTERS...
d57a.jpgimg_20050222_22.jpg54.jpg
WHERE TO READ: [ stoptazmo ] [ Anime - Source ]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to really obcessed with it.. o_o I like read it all in 2 days... but then it's getting less interesting after ___ died. :(

Guest kookis2

my guy friend was talking about this.

i'm kind of interested in it O_O;

i need to find the manga.

keke

there are 2 links up there :D

Guest c h r i s t i n e

i absolutely love this manga. i feel so crazy thinking that a murderer like raito is so freaking hot. >.<

Guest Take Five

it's great but it gets confusing at times. and i usually forget a lot of stuff by the time a new chapter comes out =/

Guest Iridescence

Oh by the way, it's already out in the bookstore. :mellow:

GASPPPPPPPPP! IS IT?! Oh, man! Must buy it!!!! lasdkjflkdsjaf [crazy]

I actually only read a few chapters, but it was really interesting. That blue guy (I forgot his name) looks kinda freaky, but whatever.

[edit]

Yay! Vol. 2 is coming out in November!

Yeah, I got this book when I went to Borders. They had a buy 4 get 1 free deal on manga, so I chose this as my free one cuz my friend kept bugging me to read it.

But yeah, it's really good, and I've only read one volume so far =/

Guest Take Five

i don`t know .. i`m a little scared to read it .. it is a horror manga right ?

it involves death and death gods, but it's not scary. i mean how scary can a comic be?

Guest TrainDriver

yeh i've read all the way up till when you know who dies and a few chapters past that and its not the same. you know who was such a cool character, but i'm still going to continue. its such a big buzz in japan and china atm

Guest kookis2

Yeah, I got this book when I went to Borders. They had a buy 4 get 1 free deal on manga, so I chose this as my free one cuz my friend kept bugging me to read it.

But yeah, it's really good, and I've only read one volume so far =/

oOHh!! they have it at Borders?!!

i'm going there tomorrow then :wub:

Archived