Where/How to meet Ppl

Guest xpetlforgex

Guest xpetlforgex
Los Angeles
I just recently moved to Los Angeles for my career, and am having it difficult to meet new people and make new friends. It seems as though all the Koreans here either go to church or go clubbing and drinking. While I like the latter, it just seems as though it would get old. Plus some of the girls here put makeup on by the pound which gives me the heejy beebies. Im not that much of a religious fanatic as well..So if you know of any "hot spots" other than work, clubs and church, let me know! :P

Guest xpetlforgex

let me guess, you also don't want to meet the ones who just lay there?

Of course not! Unless.... they can convince me that Final Fantasy is a worthy replacement of being a lazy richard simmons :w00t:

Guest sc0604

well being born and raised in LA, i would have to say schools and mutual friends was always the best way to meet people, but can't suggest that now can i, i think going to bars and stuff always helps, like the non-asian ones, i.e. beach side bars, or go to places like d&b, yardhouse, sunset is always a hot spot, but i never enjoyed it cause it's just way too crowded...

Guest ms_perfectionist

are you looking to only meet korean girls?

its hard to meet people since you just barely moved to LA. the way to usually meet people is through school or other friends.. you should just go check out the clubs & bars and just meet a few people first and then from there on maybe they can just intro u to their friends? LOL i dunno i say you just go ask a coworker or something & go check out Vanguard on fridays. For the time being it is a club that is pretty popular atleast among the asians around my area. lots of good looking girls and guys.. for more info you can go to shineent.com or visionshock.com

another way is like the other soompier said go to dave and busters happy hour after 10 :)

hope that helps a lil

Guest xpetlforgex

What happens when all your co-workers are 40 lol. But anyway, Vanguard on Fridays? That's tmw. I heard Shineent and visionshock succckkkkkk..Where did all the HOT asian girls go..lookin at the site they are hideous.! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guest sc0604

What happens when all your co-workers are 40 lol. But anyway, Vanguard on Fridays? That's tmw. I heard Shineent and visionshock succckkkkkk..Where did all the HOT asian girls go..lookin at the site they are hideous.! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

good luck with finding the hot asian girls that aren't taken, i lived here all my life, and i'm still searching, lol

Guest SoupSandwich

At least your in LA. Im in Kansas and itr hard to just find asians, let alone a girlfriend. Why dont hang out with the other forum members? I know theres a lot of nice soompi heads out there

Guest EleanorRigby

i find that asians are really cliquey and so unless you went to school or grew up with them, its really hard to meet asian friends. usually, they just go in groups everywhere and ignore everyone else.

• 3 months later...
Guest hpnotiq

i think the best way to meet people is school.

cus a lot of people in LA don't like to be approached by strangers..

maybe its a korean thing?

but seriously i'm the same way. if i was somewhere & someone random was like "so.. want to be friends?" & would be like wtf & just leave.

or in ktown.. the big thing is to get to know a friend's friend. then that friend's friend. just continues like that..

Guest Carmaine

good luck with finding the hot asian girls that aren't taken, i lived here all my life, and i'm still searching, lol

Agree..you would think that it would be easy here, but it actually isn't.

Guest watcher

Agree..you would think that it would be easy here, but it actually isn't.

i dont think it's hard to find one...or even hooking up.

but maintaining is a whole other matter >.<

anyways...to the person who started this thread...if you dont have the school option, there's also all the asian events like AE (asian elevation) and Kollaboration and other large events where asians gather.

or..if all else fails...there's click2asia hosted speed dating :P

Archived