Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

[NEWS] Last Vampire gets first bite in UK

Liz Shackleton in Cannes

18 May 2007 04:20

Hong Kong producer Bill Kong has sealed one of the first major deals on upcoming action title Blood: The Last Vampire in the first days of the market, by selling all UK rights to Pathe UK Distribution.

Chris Nahon is directing the $35m English-language film starring Korean superstar Gianna Jun (aka Jeon Ji-hyun) and Western actors Allison Miller, Liam Cunningham and Colin Salmon.

Cory Yuen, who previously worked with Nahon on Kiss Of The Dragon, is overseeing action sequences. Abel Nahmias and Hong Kong film-maker Ronny Yu are producing with Kong.

Kong’s Edko Films is co-producing the film with SAJ and Pathe France, which will distribute in France. However, the UK deal was concluded separately with Pathe UK which paid a significant minimum guarantees, according to Kong.

Focus Feature is handling international sales outside of North America, UK, South-East Asia, France, Benelux and Switzerland.

A live-action adaptation of a popular Japanese anime, from Production IG, the film revolves around a female vampire slayer, enlisted by an American military base to save them from an attack of blood-sucking fiends. The film has been shooting since March in Argentina and China.

Kong, whose credits include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero and Ang Lee’s upcoming Lust, Caution, describes the film as an epic action movie and the first of a three movie franchise.

France’s Éclair and Hong Kong’s Menfond are working on the film’s extensive visual effects, along with animatronic house Spectral Motion which is creating a monster for the film.

SOURCE: http://www.screendaily.com/ScreenDailyArti...7&Category= + http://www.yndaily.com/html/20070428/news_93_202198.html + http://community.livejournal.com/jeonjihyun/

Guest orphannies

You have a cute wallie for your phone qutecho looks like there's a few of us filipinas here ^_^

Just a little bit more Giordano love and random photos of our Ji Hyun. I really wish she was still the spokes person for Giordano, I really enjoyed watching her CF's with JWS.

00418401_2.jpg

giordano.jpg

jjhgiordano3.jpg

jjhgiordano2-1.jpg

jjhgiordano.jpg

wig-shorthair1.jpg

wig-shorthair2.jpg

wig-shorthair.jpg

snow.jpg

CAR.jpg

Just a little bit more Giordano love and random photos of our Ji Hyun. I really wish she was still the spokes person for Giordano, I really enjoyed watching her CF's with JWS.

Me too. I love their Giordano ads, they had such great chemistry together, and they looked sooo good! I love that long black coat she was wearing in the second last pic. I remember I got so excited when I saw their posters in a Giordano shop in Seoul. :P

Thanks for sharing more Gio goodies, An! ^_^

Guest jhing

OMG! BLOOD is a trilogy? Is Ji Hyun going to be in all 3? OMG! That's great! I hope the movie does well so the 2nd and 3rd parts will push thru. Thanks for the news article soymilk!

Karol! ur my baby sis. haha Thanks for the article baby sis! Just a question, Is that our Ji Hyun next to Lee Young -Ae and Jang Dang Gun? haha If that is her she looks different in that pic.

orphannies chingu! Thanks for those lovely pics of our unnie! I can feel the Giordano love baby! :lol:

Apple! haha it's weird saying ur real name coz I've been calling u by ur poster name for the longest time. haha Anyways, i love your Ji Hyun phone wallie. Cute indeed! Too cute! :lol:

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

Karol! ur my baby sis. haha Thanks for the article baby sis! Just a question, Is that our Ji Hyun next to Lee Young -Ae and Jang Dang Gun? haha If that is her she looks different in that pic.

Yes that's our Ji Hyun alright :lol: though she looks a bit different she's still pretty nonetheless. Hiyaaa unnie you're my unnie right?! Hehe..

thanx Karol! im also a filipina like u and jhing.

U2 can call me Apple!! :)

Hello fellow quteacho *waves*, kababayan di pala kita. Marami rin palang Filipino fans si Ji Hyun. ^_^

I made some caps from Ji Hyun's New CF for Laniege! 30" Part1 Make up stand

01kp0.jpg

03sc9.jpg

04bp7.jpg

05mg7.jpg

06kr9.jpg

07gh4.jpg

Guest monoceros

at the bottom of one of the scenes, it said, " make up stand designed by jeon ji hyun" <-- does that mean.. what I think it means?

She designed it? it looked really nice though, maybe I'm biased, but I always wanted one of those ringed mirrors with a bunch of lights around it.

I didn't think she looke dgreat in either commercial though. !7 tea was more flattering

Guest motoko

Thanks cjoey, Now I finally get to watch the whole clip.

What a crazy CF (in a good way) :lol: Twisted.kekekeke

I felt like I was watching a suspense, psychological type of movie. :lol: It actually scared me when the ceiling was going down. My brain was screaming "NO! Ji Hyun will get crushed! Get that ceiling and those fluorescent lights away from her! It'll burn off her skin~"

I commend whoever thought this CFs idea.hehe All because of a make up stand... :lol:

Her hair makes her look younger :)

--EDIT--

That make up stand is haunted I tell you! It gives me the creeps, especially with the bgm used around 00:005:17 :crazy::lol:

Hi everyone, sharing the update that's been posted at the News thread. Thanks to orphannies for the pic of JJH. :)

Tuesday, 22 May 2007

Korean star reborn in "Blood"

junjihyunelastine070412wh6.jpg

Written by Patrick Frater

CANNES -- Unlike many other Asian actors, Korean stars have largely resisted westernizing their names. Now Korean beauty Jun Ji-hyun, who starred in "Daisy" and "My Sassy Girl," has taken the plunge by using the Italian-sounding moniker Gianna Jun.

The new name gets its first credit roll in "Blood the Last Vampire," the $35 million vampire actioner being helmed by France's Chris Nahon ("Empire of the Wolves," "Kiss of the Dragon"). English-language pic heads the the Cannes slate of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Hero" producer Bill Kong and his Hong Kong-based Edko Films company. Screenplay is by Chris Chow and action sequences are overseen by Corey Yuen.

On a different scale Edko is also repping "Secret," a $2.5 million romance that marks the directorial and scripting debut of Taiwanese pop star Jay Chou. Chou, who starred in "Curse of the Golden Flower," toplines the pic opposite "Blue Gate Crossing" actress Guey Lun-Mei.

Source: VarietyAsiaOnline.com, image from JJH-soompi thread

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/1416/

How much money was paid for each kstars? Look at the pic below. Judging from the pics I bet those are the highest paid CF stars.

10 million won= $1 million

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2056/92860986vz1.jpg

credit J.lee

Hi angel_wings88, can I quote this post to share at LBH thread? Credits to J.Lee and yourself. Thanks! :blush:

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

Hi angel_wings88, can I quote this post to share at LBH thread? Credits to J.Lee and yourself. Thanks! :blush:

Ok rubie

Thanks for the goodies guys. ^_^

Guest orphannies

thanks to cjoey and suejinners for the vid links and to rubie for the article :)

still gotta check out the vid, looks pretty interesting from the caps.....

a few more photos (a couple Laneige ads and more Gio ads :wub: )

laneige1.jpg

laneige2.jpg

laneige3.jpg

giordanojjh.jpg

giordanojjh2.jpg

giordanojwsnjjh.jpg

giordanojwsnjjh2.jpg

giordanojjh4.jpg

giordanojjh3.jpg

Guest jhing

thanks for the pics orphannies chingu!

Karol! any Blood updates? :lol: I miz our Jihyun so much! She needs to do a Kdrama right after Blood. haha