Clannad

Guest Golden Zeta Gundam

Guest Take Five

the end for kotomi's arc was kinda dumb. so overall, i guess i like the girls themselves more than their stories =/

i really hope the rest of the arcs are better. i can't tell whose arc is next though...

I thought kotomi's arc lacked that emotional punch that Fuko's arc had. i thought little tomoya and kotomi were so cute though. plus KyoAni quality animation is <3333

Guest madeinktown

^ agreed. kyoto animation is always so awesome. air tv, kanon 2006 and clannad. they're all animated so beautifully.

i get the feeling it's gonna be tomoyo arc. since kyou is closer to tomoya, i think they'll wait a little longer before going into it.

• 2 months later...
Guest mymyjane2

theres a after story of clannad right?

or i was just so sleepy so i didnt get that commercial after the episode last thursday?

Guest blush

i've been downloading the eps but not been watching them :S

lmao that's what i do.

I also agree, kyoto animation is great, that's why I wanna watch Clannad.

I finished Air and Kanon 2006, but for some reason Clannad isn't catching me in as strongly as Air and Kanon did.

I hope I can stop getting distracted and finish since I know the art is lovely and I hear Clannad is greatt. xD

Guest Take Five

hooray, this thread got revived. overall, i think clannad was pretty good but i still like kanon a bit more. loved ep 23 though(which i just watched today). for me, it'd be air < clannad < kanon.

i really recommend playing the game though. the anime cut out the best parts of tomoyo's route(which is probably my favorite route ever), most of the fujibayashi twins route, and the entire routes for misae, mei, yukine, and more. and maybe you can play through After Story before the anime airs, although it takes a really long time to get there. anyway, the official patch is close to done but there's a beta version out.

• 5 months later...
Guest knockblock

I didn't watch this series through its entirety. Deciding to pick up where I left off with it and continue to finish Clannad. On grounds that I've been told and that its got things to witness. Didn't keep track of the series. How many episodes were there? Then there is a conclusion or some sort after that I gather. And whats that like?

Guest Take Five

^22 for the main story. 23 is like an epilogue/random episode of sorts and 24 is an alternate ending type of thing. After Story is the next series that will air this fall i think. it's supposedly the most BAWWW inducing piece of drama ever created(or so i'm told by game players. i haven't quite reached that part yet).

i have to say i enjoy the game a lot more, even though the anime is pretty good. i even managed to enjoy fuuko's path in the game, while i felt it just dragged in the anime.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest knockblock

I didn't say I hate Clannad did I? I'd have to be evil if I do. It would be like if you get Sanae upset that you don't find her bread good and she runs away in sadness.

I don't have any ill feelings toward the series. In fact, it grew on me and I began to like Clannad at a certain point. I gave it some time and now I finished it along with After Story. I see why I took so long to see the whole thing. The Fuko part got me jaded. Once I picked up where I left off I went through with it slowly. Then after near the end of season one I spent 2-3 days to wrap everything else up. Once it got past the Kotomi part that's when I got more interested.

In this first season we get to see all of the main girls' story. They had their time in the spotlight as they were introduced.

The alternate world where Tomoya and Tomoyo are dating each other was interesting. Except the ending felt kinda odd to me.

Archived