Cho Seung Woo 조승우 | [Drama 2023] Divorce Attorney Shin/Sacred Divorce, 신성한 이혼

the girl who!

02-11-2007

Movie Star Couple Cho, Kang Break Up

By Chung Ah-young

Staff Reporter

200702111821270mo1fd6.jpg

Cho Seung-woo and Kang Hye-jung

Movie stars Cho Seung-woo and Kang Hye-jung have split up after three years, their management agencies said.

Cho and Kang were believed to be in a solid relationship. Most celebrity couples tend to avoid having their relationship in the media spotlight, but the pair frequently showed up together in public places without hiding their relationship.

Cho's agency said that lately the actor has been spending time alone while Kang's agency said that she has been on a short break.

The news comes as a shock even though speculation of their breakup had spread early last year. Kang didn't attend Cho's recent performance in the musical "Rent," which started on Jan. 7 in Taehangno, Seoul.

Their relationship was first announced in 2004. Since then, they have openly expressed their affection toward each other. In various awards ceremonies, the pair often gave honor to one another.

The real-life lovers starred as a couple in last year's melodrama "Love Phobia" (Tomabaem), but their celebrity status didn't take the film to commercial success.

After the breakup, the agencies said the two are focusing on their work.

Cho is now performing in the musical "Rent," which runs through Feb. 19. He has not yet decided on his next film. Kang will star in the new film, "Laundry," following her latest film, "Herb."

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...18221352920.htm

생생 스타잉글리시 〈24〉배우 손예진과 조승우가 4년 만에 다시 만났습니다.

2007-02-10 posted by Louis in iyejin.com

thanks for the repost ~ on the concert

..yesterday i wanted to post the korean news on cho seung woo and his break up with Kang Hye-jung but then .i was pre occupied by something else .so ..and jung da bin news was already all over the news ..sad tragedy ..such a young life ..sigh..

anyway back to cho seung woo

hope cho seung woo and kang hye jung find their own happiness ...even if they are not together now .they still one of the two best young actor /actress in the industry

tis iz a bit off topic tho but thanx shirley!

if not hoppin in tis thread, i wouldn't know 'bout JDBs death.

so shockin really! am a big fan uv her too so i wuz kinda soOo sad.

btw, am also unhappy fow Cho Seung-woo and Kang Hye-jung...

yeah hope they'll find their own happiness..

백세주, 금기시 '눈물'광고 눈길...술로 슬픔 달래봐!

72p16002.jpg

2007-02-16 posted by Louis in iyejin.com

주류 광고에 우는 장면이 등장해 눈길을 끌고 있다.

화제의 브랜드는 국순당 백세주로, 동종업계에서 금기시하는눈물'을 등장시켰다.

광고를 제작한 휘닉스커뮤니케이션즈는 “우는 모습이 등장하면 광고 분위기가 우울해보여 자칫 술맛을 떨어뜨릴 수 있다고 여겨졌다"며 "그러나 다양한 광고적 접근에 대한 소비자 의식이 높이지고 있어 굳이 금기시할 이유가 없다고 판단했다"고 밝혔다.

최근 전파를 타기 시작한 이 광고는 백세주가 12가지 좋은 약재로 만들어져 몸에 좋다는 메시지와 더불어 사랑, 용서, 화해 등의 술 자리가 갖는 정서적 가치를 12가지로 표현해낸다. '마음에 좋은 술'이란 컨셉트를 내세워 시청자들의 눈길을 끄는 것.

드라마처럼 스토리를 구성하는 형식으로 제작된 이 광고는 마음 아파 울고 있는 연인 조승우 손예진이 서로 상대방의 기분을 풀어주려고 웃음 짓게 하는 술자리 상황을 표현했다.

4년 전 영화 '클래식'에서 만났던 조승우 손예진은 실제로 백세주 잔을 기울이며 3시간여에 걸친 촬영을 화기애애하게 이끌어갔다는 후문.

특히 이번 광고의 소재는 지난해 10월 소비자를 대상으로 실시한 나만의 백세주 이야기 공모전을 통해 실제로 해당 제품과 함께했던 추억, 기억하고 싶은 순간 등의 사연에서 채택된 소비자들의 이야기를 각색해 담아냈다. < 전상희 기자>

• 2 weeks later...

he performing for "Hedwig." again ..and btw the dvd for tazza shd be out by 6 march .i hope they dun delay it again ~ .

=========

'Cho-dwig' sells out in 7 minutes

200702270000211hed.jpg

Cho Seung-woo, a rising icon of the country's entertainment industry, once again excited his loyal fans Monday as he announced his return to the rock musical "Hedwig."

The musical has built up a cult-like status in Korea thanks to the strong popularity of Cho, who played transsexual rock singer 'Hedwig' at the first series of the rock musical in 2005. Cho has been nicknamed 'Cho-dwig,' a compound of his surname and Hedwig, by fans who praised the inimitable charisma he injected into the role of a self-tortured transsexual rock star.

The return of 'Cho-dwig' was quite powerful; all 7,000 tickets for his 25 performances were sold out in just 7 minutes after ticketing websites started sales at 5 p.m. Monday.

Shownote Musical Company, which produces a Korean version of the off-Broadway musical, stressed Cho's dedication toward the musical, saying it is one of his favorite shows.

"There is no doubt that Cho Seung-woo loves to play Hedwig. When we finished staging the first series of 'Hedwig' in 2005, the original cast, including Cho, talked about returning to the show in the future. And Cho kept his promise," said Choi Na-mi, publicist of the company.

The company declined to comment on how much money he would get for the show, but said that it won't be as much as he received from his previous musical "Jekyll and Hyde."

Recently, the 26-year-old Cho has become the country's top-earning musical actor as he signed a contract to play the title role of "Jekyll and Hyde" about 30 times for 400 million won. ($420,000)

Cho's choice to stay at the Daehangno stage, rather than going back to the local movie industry, seems to have been affected by his personal life. Cho recently admitted to breaking up with actress Kang Hye-jung two weeks ago, citing tight schedules that didn't go along with each other.

The breakup of the star celebrity couple was confirmed as Kang didn't appear to see Cho's performance in the musical "Rent" earlier this year.

Rock musical "Hedwig" is currently on at SH Club in Daehangno and runs through May 13. The 2006 version of the musical has been hitting the stage at Daehangno since last October, featuring new stars Lee Seok-jun and Song Yong-jin as Hedwig. The show recently celebrated its 500th performance. Cho is to perform 'Hedwig' four times a week starting on March 30 until the last show on May 13. For further information, call (02) 3485-8700 or visit www.hedwig.co.kr

(christory@heraldm.com)

By Cho Chung-un

• 3 weeks later...
Guest .alyak_

Saw his newest CF. The one with his co-star in "The Classic"

They're so cute together. Anybody have a download link of the song? Besides the stream link?

_Kayla.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest luvjunjin/andy

ohh... have jus watched 타짜 last wed ...

its a nice movie by Jo Seung Woo....

i was 1st introduced to him by my friend who is CRAZy abt him.... *nt too sure is it bcos he looked like minwoo*

tat was The Classic... bt my whole attention was on Jo in Sung tat time...

so until last wed when i watched 타짜 i was totally amazed by his actin skill...

he's really talented n can really act very well....

its a nice shw u have to tink deeper into the human aspect... a meaninful movie...

bt wat can i say wif tat messy hair he has in tat movie HE LOOK 90% like minwoo hahaha :lol:

fans of seung woo shld WAtch 타짜 cos u can see his naked back view...... :w00t:

forever,

luvjunjin/andy (irin)

• 1 month later...

ah he make the choice between musical and films .in the past ..he never was able to answer that question

.sigh it will be so hard for me to get a ticket to his musical~~ .i hope he does consdier doing movies also in future .~ ..

--------------------------------------------------------------

Actor Cho picks his poison

May 30, 2007

29215007.jpg

Actor Cho Seung-woo, who is starring in “Man of La Mancha.” By Choi Seung-sik

For 27-year-old actor and musical star Cho Seung-woo, acting and being on stage is his reason for being alive.

He selected the musical “Man of La Mancha” for his upcoming Aug. 3 show at the LG Art Center in southern Seoul. The response has been impressive; earlier this month, 16,000 of 19,000 seats sold out in 15 minutes. Last year, he set records by selling 7,000 seats in eight minutes for the musical “Hedwig,” and 7,700 seats in 25 minutes for “Rent.”

As a film actor he maintains a deep and youthful image, starring in films such as “Marathon,” and “The War of Flower.”

Recently, the JoongAng Ilbo asked him to choose between films and musicals. “In the past, I rejected that kind of question,” he said. “I thought it was like asking a child to choose between his mom and dad. However, I think it’s time to choose one ― musicals.”

“Man of La Mancha” is the piece that initially brought Cho to his chosen career. When he first saw the musical in middle school, he dreamed of becoming the main actor. After his debut, he received requests to play the lead role. However, he turned them down claiming he lacked “the wisdom of age.” Fourteen years have passed, and now, he’s ready.

“As a child, I was an introvert and didn’t have a dream. However, the moment I saw my sister Cho Seo-yeon, a musical actress, appear on stage in ‘Don Quixote,’ my heart started beating like crazy. That is when I decided what I wanted to do in life.”

Attending Kaywon High School of the Arts and majoring in theater and film at Dankook University, Cho said: “When I first went on stage, I was so nervous that I even thought of running away. But when the actual performance started, I found myself absorbed in the acting. This energy sprouted from deep in my heart.”

This is why Cho prefers musicals to films. “The cameras make me nervous, especially still cameras. Photographers and reporters find actors like me hard to understand, but it really feels like pretense to stand in front of a still camera and create feelings,” he said. “On musical stages, though, especially in little theaters, I get to make eye contact with the audience. It gives me more confidence.”

29215025.jpg

Cho Seung-woo performing in “Jekyll & Hyde.” [JoongAng Ilbo]

In “Man of La Mancha,” the main character, Cervantes, performs his play “Don Quixote” in jail with the prisoners. The lead is a double role, which Cho has some experience with. He starred in “Jekyll & Hyde.”

“Critics said I was 100 percent miscast for ‘Jekyll & Hyde.’ I was small in appearance with an incomplete, young and high-pitched voice. But the character of Hyde was a low-voiced, big man. Musical actor Nam Kyung-joo told me, ‘The voice and size don’t matter; it’s the heart inside of you.’ The difference in the age of the character and the actor was of no importance.

In ‘Hedwig,’ I ignored the plot and concentrated solely on finding the character’s identity,” Cho said.

Cho’s debut was in director Im Kwon-taek’s film “Chunhyang” (2000), which achieved no success. “I became timid. I wanted to hide,” said Cho.

With that harsh beginning, Cho went to Daehangno, where he pursued his long-time dream. “Even though I had to sleep on park benches, I was still happy,” he said. He remembers producer Kim Min-ki’s “Blood Brothers,” and “Linie 1 ― Musikalische Revue” (Subway Line No. 1) fondly.

“I like producers who compliment more than punish and those who believe in me,” he said. Brought up in a divorced family with an absent father, Cho said, “Instead, I have met many ‘fathers’ and ‘uncles’ on stage.”

Speaking of “Man of La Mancha,” Cho said: “It’s a musical that makes you think of the changes in life. As my life was moved and influenced by the piece, I hope that my performance can bring little changes in the lives of the audience.”

By Yang Sung-hee JoongAng Ilbo [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2876150

-------

here two of his new CF

http://www.dvdv.co.kr/img/game/tv_02.mpg [ this is with kim ah jung ]

http://www.vonin.co.kr/upload/advert/5movie.wmv

• 3 weeks later...

this news come as a bit of surprise -;;

Jo Seung Woo and Jung Ryeo Won dating ?

200706140000111cul_b_470.jpg

source : http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...0614000011.html

Early this month , Jo Seung Woo and Jung Ryeo Won have been sighted having dinner at a japanese resturant . accordingly to eyewitness who saw them , there were no sight of their managers nor any other people , just the two of them having a very pleasant dinner .

And to add more fuel to the rumour ,they were seem appearing at the same chruch on the same day .

according to cho seung woo 's management company : the two happen to attend the same church and hence become familar with each other . they are just ordinary friend . the management company deny the rumous the two of them are dating .

Guest loving_D

^^hmm, it would be surprising if they were actually dating. i wonder...

but i like them both! jo seung woo is just... :blush:

Early this month , Jo Seung Woo and Jung Ryeo Won have been sighted having dinner at a japanese resturant . accordingly to eyewitness who saw them , there were no sight of their managers nor any other people , just the two of them having a very pleasant dinner , and according to one of the eye witness, he said they were behaving like a couple, it will be hard for him to believe they're just friends. and friends of both revealed to the media that both have feelings for each other, and this has been an open secret for quite some time...

And to add more fuel to the rumour ,they were seem appearing at the same church on the same day .

according to cho seung woo 's management company : the two happen to attend the same church and hence become familar with each other . they are just ordinary friend . the management company deny the rumous the two of them are dating .

조승우는 8ì›” 공연ë 뮤지컬 `맨 오브 라만차` 연습에 한창이ê³ ì •ë ¤원은 개봉을 앞ë‘” 영í™” `두 얼굴의 여친`의 촬영을 마치ê³ 홍보활동에 들어갈 예ì •이다.

교ì œ 관계는 부인했지만 친구 사이로 지내ê³ 있는 이들이 연인관계로 발ì „í• 가능성도 배ì œí• 수 없어 연예가에 또 한 쌍의 커플이 탄생하는 것 아니냐는 조심스러운 추측도 나오ê³ 있다. 한편 네티즌들은 실ì œ 사귀면서 일단 부인하ê³ 보자는 것이라면서 의심스런 눈빛으로 두사람의 관계를 주목하ê³ 있다.

[ë””지털뉴스부]

news1181799171_70663_1_m.jpg

0000058646_001.jpg

image_listtop_2007_309966_1181789111.jpg

news source : naver/daum

source : http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...0614000011.html

credits: celest @ photo thread

• 3 months later...

yipee cho seung woo has a new film and it is a MUSCIAL !

=========

KIM A-jung, RYOO Seung-bum and CHO Seung-woo in Music Film

13 September 2007

Director CHOI Ho assembled an all-star cast consisting of KIM A-jung, RYOO Seung-bum and CHO Seung-woo for his next film Gogo 70. The music film will be centered around a band and the first gogo club in Korea in the seventies.

Director CHOI and RYOO join forces again after their collaboration on last year’s crime film Bloody Tie. RYOO also featured in his brother RYOO Seung-wan’s acclaimed boxing drama Crying Fist and popular martial arts comedy Arahan.

KIM rose to fame last year through another music film, 200 Pounds Beauty. KIM Yong-hwa’s music comedy instantly turned her into a pan-Asian star. She portrayed an overweight singer who chooses drastic cosmetic surgery.

CHO starred in the blockbusters Tazza: The High Rollers and MARATHON. He also played in IM Kwon-taek’s Chunhyang and Low Life.

Yi Ch’ang-ho (KOFIC)

source http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/

===

anyway here some updated pic of him recently ..well maybe early this month at the wedding of Tazza's director he was the MC for the cermony ^^

20070911215911.958.0.jpg

200709112135471001_1.JPG

Guest kdramafanusa

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Korea )

All-time box office records

The numbers indicate amount of tickets sold, not financial gross (as of August 2007). Data from Koreanfilm.org and Film 2.0.

1. The Host - 13,019,740 (2006)

- Song Kang-ho, Byun Hee-bong, Bae Doona

2. The King and The Clown - 12,302,831 (2005)

- Gam Woo-sung, Jeong Jin-young, Kang Seong-yeon, Lee Joon-ki,

3. Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of war - 11,746,135 (2004)

- Jang Dong-gun, Won Bin, Lee Eun-ju, Jo Yoon-hee, Gong Hyung-jin

4. Silmido - 11,074,000 (2003)

- Sol Kyung-gu, Ahn Sung-ki, Jeong Jae-young

5. Friend - 8,134,500 (2001)

- Yoo Oh-sung, Jang Dong-gun, Seo Tae-hwa, Jung Woon-taek

6. Welcome To Dongmakgol - 8,008,622 (2005)

- Shin Ha-kyun, Jeong Jae-young, Kang Hye-jung

7. D-War - 6,902,034 (2007)

8. Tazza: The High Rollers - 6,847,777 (2006)

- Cho Seung-woo, Kim Hye-soo, Baek Yoon-shik, Yoo Hae-jin

9. 200 Pounds Beauty - 6,619,498 (2006)

- Kim Ah-joong, Joo Jin-mo

10. Shiri - 6,210,000 (1999)

- Han Suk-gyu, Choi Min-shik, Kim Yun-jin, Song Kang-ho

11. My Boss, My Teacher - 6,105,431 (2006)

- Jung Jun-ho, Jung Woong-in, Jung Woon-taek

12. JSA (Joint Security Area) - 5,830,000 (2000)

- Lee Young-ae, Lee Byung-heon, Song Kang-ho

13. Marrying The Mafia 2 - 5,635,266 (2005)

- Shin Hyun-joon, Kim Won-hee, Kim Su-mi, Tak Jae-hoon

14. May 18 - 5,609,005 (2007)

- Kim Sang-kyung, Ahn Sung-ki, Lee Yo-won, Lee Jun-ki

15. Marrying the Mafia - 5,021,001 (2002)

- Jung Jun-ho, Kim Jung-eun, Yoo Dong-geun, Park Geun-hyung

16. Marathon - 5,148,022 (2005)

- Cho Seung-woo, Kim Mi-sook, Lee Ki-young

17. Memories of Murder - 5,101,645 (2003)

- Song Kang-ho, Kim Sang-kyung, Kim Roi-ra

18. My Sassy Girl - 4,852,845 (2001)

- Jeon Ji-hyun, Cha Tae-hyun

19. My Tutor Friend - 4,809,871 (2003)

- Kim Ha-neul, Kwon Sang-woo

20. Kick The Moon - 4,353,800 (2001)

- Lee Sung-jae, Cha Seung-won, Kim Hye-soo

21. My Wife is a Gangster - 4,180,900 (2001)

- Shin Eun-kyung, Park Sang-myun, Ahn Jae-mo, Kim In-kwon

22. Typhoon - 4,094,395 (2005)

- Jang Dong-gun, Lee Jeong-jae, Lee Mi-yeon

23. The Way Home - 4,091,000 (2002)

- Kim Eul-boon, Yu Seung-ho, Dong Hyo-hee, Min Kyung-hoon

24. Sex is Zero - 4,089,900 (2002)

- Lim Chang-jung, Ha Ji-won, Choi Seong-guk, Jin Jae-young

25. Another Public Enemy - 3,911,356 (2005)

- Sol Kyung-gu, Jeong Jun-ho, Kang Shin-il, Park Sang-wook

26. Hanbando - 3,880,808 (2006)

- Jo Jae-hyun, Cha In-pyo, Ahn Sung-ki

27. Hi, Dharma - 3,746,000 (2001)

- Park Shin-yang, Jung Jin-young, Park Sang-myun, Kim Soo-ro

28. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - 3,648,808 (2005)

- Lee Young-ae, Choi Min-shik

29. Marrying the Mafia 3 - 3,464,516 (2006)

- Shin Hyeon-joon, Im Hyeong-joon, Kim Su-mi, Kong Hyeong-jin

30. Untold Scandal - 3,345,268 (2003)

- Bae Yong-jun, Lee Mi-sook, Jeon Do-yeon

31. My Boss, My Hero - 3,302,000 (2001)

- Jung Jun-ho, Jung Woong-in, Jung Woon-taek

32. Old Boy - 3,260,000 (2003)

- Choi Min-shik, Yu Ji-tae, Kang Hye-jung, Ji Dae-han

33. Voice of a Murderer - 3,245,857 (2007)

- Sol Kyung-gu, Kim Nam-joo, Kang Dong-won

34. My Little Bride - 3,149,500 (2004)

- Mun Geun-young, Kim Rae-won

35. Maundy Thursday - 3,132,320 (2006)

- Kang Dong-won, Lee Na-young

36. Oh! Brothers - 3,125,256 (2003)

- Lee Jung-jae, Lee Beom-soo, Lee Moon-shik, Ryu Seung-su

37. Once Upon a Time in High School - 3,115,767 (2004)

- Kwon Sang-woo, Lee Jeong-jin, Han Ga-in, Kim In-kwon

38. A Tale of Two Sisters - 3,110,000 (2003)

- Kim Gap-soo, Yeom Jung-ah, Im Soo-jung, Moon Geun-young

39. Mapado - 3,090,467 (2005)

- Lee Jeong-jin, Lee Moon-shik, Yeo Yun-gye, Kim Su-mi

40. Jail Breakers - 3,073,919 (2002)

- Sol Kyung-gu, Cha Seung-won, Song Yoon-ah

41. You Are My Sunshine - 3,051,134 (2005)

- Jeon Do-yeon, Hwang Jeong-min

available in my NEW CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

Please download lots and help make my CB gold! Next inspection: Nov. 4th! :w00t:

Do NOT take this HQ cut out of my clubbox. Thanks! :D

Jo Seung Woo - Talk at MBC 31st University Music Festival (2007-10-06) [cashewmania].avi [6.3MB]

We were sooo close to getting gold this time.

Thank you for your continuous support! :lol:

If you're interested in being a part of my team of uploaders, please PM me. ^_^