Quantcast
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

8 hours ago, Berou said:

Indeed because he looks  young to be a doctor. When he says that, I wonder if he ever regrets to have acted in Remember, he played a genius lawyer. His answer makes me think he has realized his past decisions  were not right, when he was hell-bent to play in older characters in very serious dramas. Now he has let it go and doesn't fight against his youthful looks to prove he has become a man now. He accepts the way things are. My 2 cents. 

Lol yes he is too young as a lawyer. But honestly remember is one of rare drama, same with IANAR. I think he really love to try a new thing. He is focus more to the story but not with the character. :sweatingbullets: what do you think?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Lol yes he is too young as a lawyer. But honestly remember is one of rare drama, same with IANAR. I think he really love to try a new thing. He is focus more to the story but not with the character. :sweatingbullets: what do you think?

Good question ! :D. I was curious about how he chooses his projects , I read his interviews and everyhting else to find an answer. I disagree, he actually cares a lot about which characters he will play. I think he prioritzes more the characters than the story. 

His statements :

Regarding Joseon Magician : " The reason why I choose this job is because I like my character and the director for it. He is great and reliable man. I was in the military for 2 years, so I might lose my touch as an actor. But I believe he will lead me to be a good actor, that’s why I decided to take this ".  http://yshbiased.blogspot.com/2014/12/interview-yoo-seung-ho-held-fan-meeting_26.html

Regarding Ruler :

"I've been attracted to the drama's tightly built plot and the role of Lee Seon. Through the drama, I plan to give a different image," Yoo said in a statement. 

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=215969

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Berou said:

Good question ! :D. I was curious about how he chooses his projects , I read his interviews and everyhting else to find an answer. I disagree, he actually cares a lot about which characters he will play. I think he prioritzes more the characters than the story. 

His statements :

Regarding Joseon Magician : " The reason why I choose this job is because I like my character and the director for it. He is great and reliable man. I was in the military for 2 years, so I might lose my touch as an actor. But I believe he will lead me to be a good actor, that’s why I decided to take this ".  http://yshbiased.blogspot.com/2014/12/interview-yoo-seung-ho-held-fan-meeting_26.html

Regarding Ruler :

"I've been attracted to the drama's tightly built plot and the role of Lee Seon. Through the drama, I plan to give a different image," Yoo said in a statement. 

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=215969

Ahh, he said that. Yess I can see how good the PD in Joseon magician. So he think about the PD too. 

Because his drama felt so different with other mainstream drama. But not for his character. So I think he's more into the story than the character. 

I don't understand what he mean about 'overlapping role' did he mean he will take a different character for his next project? :sweatingbullets: 

Spoiler

I've always thought about how to get closer to my fans. And I have to keep up with the current trend," 

Now actors appear in reality show too, hope he know this. :D such a pleasure to see him in there

• Like 2

Talking about remember, there is this thai actor and singer who is a fan of YSH

7 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Ahh, he said that. Yess I can see how good the PD in Joseon magician. So he think about the PD too. 

Because his drama felt so different with other mainstream drama. But not for his character. So I think he's more into the story than the character. 

I don't understand what he mean about 'overlapping role' did he mean he will take a different character for his next project? 

I believe he mainly chose  JM for the director who is known in Korea. He directed awards winning sageuk movies bloody rain and the concubine. The directing and cinematography  in JM was top-notch. 

I think the same goes for I am not a robot. YSH had previously worked with the director in Arang and the magistrate and Jung Dae Yoon director, before working with YSH on IANAR, helmed  W. The popularity of W and the fact of already knowing the director impacted a lot YSH's choice.

Oh you mean Remember ? In this case,  maybe you're right.  He might have liked more the story and in my opinion what determined his choice was the writer,who wrote the script with YSH in mind and tailored the role for him. He was the one who asked to cast YSH because he believed he was the perfect actor for the role. 

He meant that he doesn't want to repeat characters, playing a character that resembles to one of his characters. He wants to play a character that he has never done before. 

7 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Now actors appear in reality show too, hope he know this. :D such a pleasure to see him in there

I hope one day he will appear in a variety show. But I guess we will have to wait for a long time to see him in a variety show. If he wants to take a step closer to his fans,  he can create  a YT channel and posts some vlogs. These days a lot of korean stars have their own channel. It'll be fun if he vlogs when he is doing his hobbies or working on something, for instance a photoshoot, an event or a drama/movie. 

• Like 2

Yoo Seung Ho Shares How His Take on Acting Has Changed

Korean actor Yoo Seung Ho revealed how his experience in the field changed his view on acting.

On July 24, a lifestyle magazine Singles unveiled some pictures from the photo shoot which they took while interviewing Yoo Seung Ho.

When asked what word he would choose to describe himself, Yoo Seung Ho said, "I'm going to go with 'challenge'. I've been trying to try new things these days and I'm getting to know myself through that. That's how I got into riding mountain bikes."

Yoo Seung Ho continued, "I'm trying to find the clothes that fit me. But I want to avoid taking roles that I already played or have similar aspects if possible. I feel like I should go for the genres I've never tried before."

201338080_1280.jpg

Whilst talking about 'The Way Home' (2002), one of his early works which is about to be re-released in September, Yoo Seung Ho said, "Sometimes the films which received a tremendous love in the past get re-released, and it was such an honor for me to be a part of that experience."

Yoo Seung Ho added, "I was so happy that I couldn't even express my thoughts with words. I'm going to hit the theater as soon as it gets re-released."

Yoo Seung Ho also mentioned that his perspective on the filming site has changed as he spent the last two decades in the field participating in various projects.

He said, "When I was young, filming sites were the place that gives me a hard time. Of course it still gives me a hard time every now and then, but now I can enjoy it and I certainly gained a sense of responsibility."

201338081_1280.jpg

He continued, "The act of becoming the character itself gets even more marvelous as time passes. I feel like I can understand and relate to the characters on a better level compare to the old days."

After reading the interview, his fans commented, "And here I was thinking that he only got mature on the outside.", "I'm in love with your new look! ", "He sounds like a wise 50-year-old. Love a man with his own philosophy.", and more.

(Credit= 'singlesmagazine' Instagram)

(Kang Eunbee, SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005367836&cmd=amp&news_id=N1005367836&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Berou said:

Yoo Seung Ho Shares How His Take on Acting Has Changed

Published Fri Jul 26 17:02:00 KST 2019 
Updated Fri Jul 26 17:02:00 KST 2019

Korean actor Yoo Seung Ho revealed how his experience in the field changed his view on acting.

On July 24, a lifestyle magazine Singles unveiled some pictures from the photo shoot which they took while interviewing Yoo Seung Ho.

When asked what word he would choose to describe himself, Yoo Seung Ho said, "I'm going to go with 'challenge'. I've been trying to try new things these days and I'm getting to know myself through that. That's how I got into riding mountain bikes."

Yoo Seung Ho continued, "I'm trying to find the clothes that fit me. But I want to avoid taking roles that I already played or have similar aspects if possible. I feel like I should go for the genres I've never tried before."

Whilst talking about 'The Way Home' (2002), one of his early works which is about to be re-released in September, Yoo Seung Ho said, "Sometimes the films which received a tremendous love in the past get re-released, and it was such an honor for me to be a part of that experience."

Yoo Seung Ho added, "I was so happy that I couldn't even express my thoughts with words. I'm going to hit the theater as soon as it gets re-released."

Yoo Seung Ho also mentioned that his perspective on the filming site has changed as he spent the last two decades in the field participating in various projects.

He said, "When I was young, filming sites were the place that gives me a hard time. Of course it still gives me a hard time every now and then, but now I can enjoy it and I certainly gained a sense of responsibility."

He continued, "The act of becoming the character itself gets even more marvelous as time passes. I feel like I can understand and relate to the characters on a better level compare to the old days."

After reading the interview, his fans commented, "And here I was thinking that he only got mature on the outside.", "I'm in love with your new look! ", "He sounds like a wise 50-year-old. Love a man with his own philosophy.", and more.

(Credit= 'singlesmagazine' Instagram)

(Kang Eunbee, SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005367836&cmd=amp&news_id=N1005367836&__twitter_impression=true

Its a wonderful interview and I am so glad that he has an interview! which allow us to get a glimps of him and understand him more! I have read it and have a good think about what he said! the more I think about it the more I see he is very consistent  what he want! not a bad thing but not a good thing either! he dont want to repeat a role which is understandable! but a role has similar aspects will not be consider is a bit too hard! he is already very picky! Its wont be easy for him to find a role he like to play! he think he is too young for prefessional role too!! tricky tricky! 

He sound like a wise 50 years old! somes I agree but not all! he sound 50 and I believes yes because he was in the business for so long as a young adult! but not for a young soul who still unsure what he is really looking for! he still searching what he want.. like trying new cloths and see which one suit him more! trying mountain bike to know what he want! I am sorry he lost all his childhood that he need to learn about life and grow from the experience! you can tell he really hate it when he is young but he know he has no choice but back into the acting business! he hate it but learn to accept it and get happy from it! but inside he still want to keep a distance if possible! that's why he dont work as hard as we wish him to be and get into the stardom he should be or he can be! some said let do whatever he want and we happy to see him one drama per year! yes.. that quite right! but dont moan when he pick up a so so project and the drama nothing special! because that's the business! if you don't get the buzz like the latest trending actors get! Big writer Big director will definetely looking for a Big actor! simple like that! his offer will be less if he carry on laid back and don't care about being popular or not! he does care about how is fans reacted to him! he cares about how his project being popular or flop! but he just dont have the desire to get there! which I find myself frustrated! If he just spend a few years working hard! try some reality show! few more CF! few more TV show!! a Big movie... just a few years of his youth before is too late!! he will be on top listed! a recognized adult actor and he can slow down.. like GY! Like HB! they can pick whatever they want! create Buzz whenever they appear to the cloud! but that's just my wish.. not his!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rahma92 said:

We got bts

There is something so special in him!! and that's why he is YSH! you can always feel the 'Mood' when the camera focus on him!! even he is smiling.. there always a hint of sad in the air!! that's YSH air... only another actor have the same vibe... WB! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, See Wong said:

There is something so special in him!! and that's why he is YSH! you can always feel the 'Mood' when the camera focus on him!! even he is smiling.. there always a hint of sad in the air!! that's YSH air... only another actor have the same vibe... WB! 

Did you see his mustache? :joy: honestly I want him to keep it

• Like 2

@rahma92 It's great to have a translation of the behind the scenes !!. You're lucky, I can understand a bit Turkish. I will  translate when I have some time !! 

Video] Launch Trailer Added for the Re-release of Korean Movie "The Way Home"

The Way Home" (2002)

Directed by Lee Jeong-hyang

With Kim Eul-boon, Yoo Seung-ho, Dong Hyo-hee, Min Kyung-hoon-I, Im Eun-kyung-I, Lee Choon-hee,...

Original release date: 2002/04/05
Synopsis
This is the story of a 7-year-old boy, Sang-woo, born and raised in the big city, and his mute grandmother, who has spent her whole life in a small rural village. Forced to stay with his grandmother, Sang-woo learns about the ups and downs of life. Being a city boy, used to the benefits and luxuries of the modern society, he realizes that there are no batteries for his toys, only rocks to play with. Like the city brat that he is, he begins to torment is grandmother - whining and demanding things she can't provide. But she never reprimands him for his behavior. One day, he demands fried chicken. Using a primitive form of body sign language, he finally gets her to understand his craving. But what he gets in the end is the traditional boiled chicken. How will their living arrangement turn out for these two very different roommates...

Release date in Korea : 2019/09/05

https://www.hancinema.net/video-launch-trailer-added-for-the-re-release-of-korean-movie-the-way-home-132220.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

YSH IG update 

He has good taste !! 

He has already recommended this song a year ago. Seems like he really likes this song. 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:07 PM, rahma92 said:

Did you see his mustache? :joy: honestly I want him to keep it

Haha.. Its cool but maybe he will not keep it for a long time!! actually I think shorter hair suit him more!! 

And... and... and and.. from Chinese Weibo! YSH seems very likely to take part in Super Star Miss Lee!! Surprise! IF this is true! I wish the story will be different from the webtoon! give us something new and good hope!

another news.. BS company will become Story J company!! I am not very sure about how and everything.. they just mention breifly about it!! will let you all know if i read something new!! :)

Umm.. some one may get very upset about the news if its true!! for me.. I kind of take it now.. just hope it will be much better than we hope for! if both YSH and BS (SJ) choose it.. it might be good!! finger cross!

P/S Story J company is merger with another star agency!! so its become bigger!! hopefully more power to choose a good project! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@See Wong lol same I prefer short hair too.

Lets wait for the drama casting. If he really take it, I hope we get a strong female lead

MnvUkyF.gif

• Like 2

Translation  of the BTS 

YSH: Hello, I am Yoo Seung Ho

Q. Before the photoshoot what did you do ?

YSH: Hmm... I read books( laughs). It went normally

Q. Do you have an ideal pose for today?

YSH: No, I don't( laughs )

Q. Which places you've visited are the most  memorable? 

YSH: I went to Vietnam a while ago. Vietnam was really beautiful. The other places I went so far... ( thinks) I really liked Hawaï.

Caption : The reason YSH likes Hawaï 

YSH: Really...I watched movies.. the feeling...people, the atmosphere. 

Q. What was the most memorable thing in Hawaï ? 

YSH: Is it food ? I don't remember the food I ate. But that day, long before going to the military, the thing I liked the most, whatever you say.. Very popular DJs came to Hawaï,  20-30 people set up their own cabins on the side of the road and  listened to their favorite songs and  drinked. The season ( the time)  was really convenient. I don't know exactly but  it was  really fun and interesting. 

Q. Places you want to visit ? 

YSH: I want to visit the places I haven't been yet. 

Q. Do you usually wear such clothes ? 

YSH:  This is only.. there is nothing inside ( laughs). No... I cant wear what I want. 

Caption :  He lists the places where this kind of style can be worn. 

Q. What is your everyday's style ?

YSH: I wear T-shirt and pants. In fact, since I am not interested in clothes, it's hard for me to choose T-shirts. That's why I have about 20-30 T-shirts.  Everyday I wear different clothes but it's not terrorist fashion. Ordinary, I wear very ordinary clothes.

Caption: He's not a fashion terrorist, he only doesn't have interest

Q. It is because of the lack of trust in fashion that you dont care about appearance ?

YSH: ( laughs) No,No .... It's only because I'm not interested . 

Q. What do you think about your appearance ?

YSH: ( laughing on the floor while thinking..)

Q. The program after the shooting ?

YSH:  I have to eat and go to home. I don't have to go but I'm going. I mean there's nothing to do.

Housekeeping, online shopping, sleeping.

Sorry for the long delay!! 

His japanese fans paid ads in Seoul station for his upcoming birthday. 

The news of the merging is at the same time good and bad in my opinion. I will explain it later.

• Love 1

So j company is production house... thats why there's rumour YSH accept superstar miss lee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

So j company is production house... thats why there's rumour YSH accept superstar miss lee

yes. Hence I said it's good and bad news. I can only deeply sigh. I thought YSH  was over with romcoms and wanted challenge. So I guess his challenge will be to act sexy ??!!

People story is a production company,  so it's good that BS is affiliated with it and the actors under BS will be cast in productions by Story J . BS will become more competitive. However people story is the one that produced ruler too. Given their modus operandi, they like to make noise and hype up a drama written by a new writer who is clueless about writing ( that's what happened with ruler). And remember the rumours about superstar Miss Lee, that a big actress got the offer. So I can assume if YSH accepts it, they will use the same marketing again. YSH + big actress = noise and buzz but with poor results.  

Seeing how BS has merged with another company to be more competitive, its size went from a middle-size company to a big size company. Let's see how it will affect the actors. To be honest, I am disappointed with BS and their management with YSH. I expected better. Since BS is now a big company in terms of size, I wish YSH will change agencies and go to another big agency who is more competent,  will truly help him and give him more work. Until now I haven't seen any particular change between BS and his former agency. I want YSH to stay away from people story company and anything related to Ruler.