Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, rachel98 said:

Hi guys Im new to this forum and I rarely comment at all. But I just want to let you guys know specifically why korean fans are so against him doing this drama. 

Theres really no problem about the body switching part. The problem is who the male character is. He's not just a tsundere male lead. He is complete trash that views women as objects and looks down on women.

I am a Korean American seungho fan. Ive been reading about this webtoon and korean fans comments. Ill try my best to translate.

 

Examples of how the male lead looks down on females:

1. Male lead sees a female employee not wearing makeup

he says "you are the first woman to appear in front of me with such an insincere/half hearted face. even normal maids have the decency to at least wear lipstick"

2. this line is kind of hard to translate to english. Ill try my best.

"I am a male who isnt picky and is omnivorous when it comes to women"

Ok omnivore means animal who eats both plants and animals. This comment basically means the male character doesnt care about anything as long as she is a girl. In an extreme way this can be translated as "I can sleep with anyone as long as its a girl, Im not picky."

 

obviously this isnt all. theres more but i cant translate it all.

 

Not only the male lead, but other male characters in the story also look down on women and say comments that objectify them. they make r rated comments about their bodies etc.

 

Other problems

-the male character looks down on normal employees. making them do unnecessary tasks etc. Nowadays when people are sensitive about employee treatment and not abusing authority. this can definitely spark controversy. 

 

-the first girlfriend of the male lead character was a school bully. Korea is extremely sensitive to bullying issues and hate it a lot.the fact that the male lead's girlfriend was a school bully? thats a big NO no matter how charming the character may be written out to be. just that fact will bring hate.

 

Korean fans are saying sure the writer may be able to change the story to make it better, but just how much better can it get when the entire story is like this? Why take the risk at all? Also, even if its just "acting" its the actor in the end who gets the hate.(a lot of people are fans of the drama so I really dont want to hurt any feelings. but for the drama i am not a robot in the first episodes, there was a line that mingyu said about checking the robot's chest to check the battery and since the robot was actually human she gets mad. do you know what the title of the article on naver was that day? it was "yoo seung ho gets cursed at while trying to touch (actress's name)'s breasts" yes. this was the article title on the MAIN PAGE. he got so much hate comments for this scene even if it was just acting. this is how much the character and what lines the character says in the drama can hurt the actual actor and his image with the general public. that drama was definitely special for many people and it was a work that in the end healed many people's hearts. but the general public does not stick around to be proven wrong. if they watch the first couple episodes and find it controversial, they wont try to finish the rest and think of the actor negatively based on what they watched in the beginning.)

Unless yoo seungho wants to go for the playboy image that looks down on women, this role will not help him at all. especially when he is known for his respectful and kind image and thats what people like him for. 

Just in what way can this help a male actor who mainly relies on the female fanbase? 

Also, i dont think having three romcoms in a row will help his career. he needs something different especially when his previous two romcoms didnt do so well viewer ratings wise.

 

I just wanted to share this so people can be more informed. 

I was looking at social media and some fans just seemed to be excited because this drama seems to have lots of steamy scenes like kiss scenes, shirtless scenes, and bed scenes.

Well, an actor should not be be well known for doing good kiss scenes and good looking face. he needs to be recognized for his acting to have a successful long running career and this role is just not it. he needs a strong role that can bring him recognition for his acting.

 

 

I just tried to translate what I got from Korean sites. I'm sorry if I hurt any seungho fan's feelings. I really didnt mean to. I was just trying to be honest because I really want him to be recognized for his acting. I really want him to succeed and hit big. Im sure we all feel that way.

Thankyou for all these information! now.. I am more confusing than I was! What make this webtoon so popular in the first place when the male lead so disgraceful! and why YSH want to play this hateful character! I don't see any funny or romantic about it! If he choose to play this character just to break his good boy image and surely this is not a very good move! If he pick a wrong choice why BS company didn't guide him!? or BS helping him to make his choice! or did we all miss out something good about this project!? or this webtoon is very popular within boys! within all men group they might see this as macho! so they pick it and feel very manly! just my thought! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

 

I agree it is unlikely PSH or HHJ would do it. I'm also not sure I like these pairing. Although I love the chemistry between PSH and YSH, but PSH looked has matured over the years whereas our by still has this youthful look. Having said that, I am not sure which actress I want him to work with.. Maybe cos I dont really care.. since I'm really not keen on this overly cliche drama. If he does do it, I hope he proves me wrong

 

Well.. it seems the majority of his fans are against it. Lets see..

 

I hope he focus on his strength

I actually quite like to see him paring with HHJ unnie! yes, I agree PSH looked really matured lately especially in MoA! she match nicely with Hyun Bin! after read what Rachel98 said! I really don't think any big name actress will be interest to play part of this drama! 

I do hope he did not sign up yet! maybe he see his fans really againts it and he will change his mind! lets hope!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rachel98 said:

I just wanted to share this so people can be more informed. 

I was looking at social media and some fans just seemed to be excited because this drama seems to have lots of steamy scenes like kiss scenes, shirtless scenes, and bed scenes.

Well, an actor should not be be well known for doing good kiss scenes and good looking face. he needs to be recognized for his acting to have a successful long running career and this role is just not it. he needs a strong role that can bring him recognition for his acting.

 

 

I just tried to translate what I got from Korean sites. I'm sorry if I hurt any seungho fan's feelings. I really didnt mean to. I was just trying to be honest because I really want him to be recognized for his acting. I really want him to succeed and hit big. Im sure we all feel that way.

Thank you so much for this. This is what I waiting for. I dont have any problem with the plot, but I hate this kind of character.   

Now I know about the character, its sound cheesy and more worst it can ruined his reputation. I dont understand why he taking this project (yes he still not confirmed, but there's this high possibility he will accept it) I'm happy His korean fans trying to stop him.  Really appreciated their efforts.

 

8 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

 

I agree it is unlikely PSH or HHJ would do it. I'm also not sure I like these pairing. Although I love the chemistry between PSH and YSH, but PSH looked has matured over the years whereas our by still has this youthful look. Having said that, I am not sure which actress I want him to work with.. Maybe cos I dont really care.. since I'm really not keen on this overly cliche drama. If he does do it, I hope he proves me wrong

Other actors get paired with actresses that more older than them but still look good.  

I guess a really talent actor can build chemistry with everyone. For me YSH even look good with YEH and he has more chemistry with JCW  (a man) than the real pairing. 

I honestly want him to get paired with every actresses, as long she didnt end up ruining his drama :sweatingbullets:

But yeah we still didnt get any news about the female lead. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Berou said:

I suddenly remembered YSH words at his FM. He said he wants to play a villain. The character in the romcom is close to villain to be honest,except he is not the villain but the main character. In my opinion it answers to why he chose this romcom. 

I wish he stops taking decisions emotionally and thinks thouroughly. Just because he wants to break his melo guy image or wants to play a villain, doesn't mean he has to hop on the first project that gives him that chance. He should wait for the right projects, otherwise he is going to ruin his image. 

I hope he listens to his fans this time. 

Sorry to say this but I'm glaring at him and the people who help him to pick projects. Didn't any alarms go on when they read the script ? YSH should have received the script of the first episodes at least. I expected him to have a better judgement. Actors like Lee Je Hoon who act in movies about comfort women and their struggles have all my sympathy and respect. But I can't shield my faves who choose to act in projects promoting the objectification of women, bullying, workplace ill-treatment and sexism. 

Exactly. There is no shielding our favs from shallow characters like that and if the powers that be are reading this forum and the Korean fans have already sent them mails etc etc then Im sure YSH and his agency would be feeling all the glares too lol. Not that he wont be able to pull it off but l dont want him to play an OTT villain cuz he wont be the Lead then. He should be the lead ( tho strong grey character would be an added plus for me) but a well written one, not a shallow spineless one like this web toon.

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Thank you so much @rachel98 for clarifying things for us and I agree with everyones words here!! I was already baffled by the news of YSH in talk for a 3rd rom-com in a row and one with a shallow story and character but now I feel even worst...what did he or his agency even think still considering this drama? this is not how YSH think nor consider his roles (he's a respectful man) and what good would it give his career or make use of his talent but give fanservice which YSH always kept away from as much as he could and with last real life scandals this is even worst timing for such project guranteeing him being cursed for this role if he takes it...he wants to play villain? we all wish for it knowing how good he'll pull it off but this is not a villain role, it's only a sleezy disrespectful man which I won't and can never see YSH play!! really he and his agency need to put more thoughts into his project choices and not jump into 1st project he get and stop with rom-coms for now!!

 

I thnk he can play any character, this one too cuz he is very good at acting, he'd be able to pull it off cuz by the looks of it he wouldnt have to do much effort anyway. However I dont want him to play this character cuz like you said it looks like a sleezy disrespectful shallow man. Yes I like good well written villains having depth  and  given his eyes and talent YSH can pull them off with grace too but that doesnt mean he should play just any villain. The villain should have some spine depth and standard atleast. Not every other disrespectful sleezy  shallow guy/ villain is likeable.

8 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

I loved Secret Garden. ANd you are right, there are similarity to it. There would be an added comparison to that highly successful drama and another unnecessary pressure to it

Oh I loved it too. The initial half atleast. I got tired by the body swapping in the end but then usually all kdramas lose their steam by the end of it. Writers, actors, everyone did a good job there . The strong stunt woman concept was also new I think. Anyways yes if this drama is similiar to it then the similiarities are bound to be noticed, comparisons are bound to be made and all this is merely gonna add unnecessary pressure to it (and if this drama.isnt well/ carefully written, which I think it wont be but its just my opinion,  then naturally its gonna turn to the pile of another YSH's dramas that couldnt/ didnt do well. I dont wanna say this but at the end of the day only YSH is gonna be blamed and called a failed actor . Only some sensible people blame the script, mostly people see ratings and success is decided upon ratings mostly) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like the drama’s focus will be the female lead anyway. The acting challenge will be on the body swap premise and it will showcase the female lead’s role more than the male lead.

 

if they end up getting a big female star, then maybe it won’t be as bad as long as ysh plays his part well. It reminds me of strong woman do bong soon. Park bo yung was the main character but park hyun sik ended up getting a good career break because of that.

 

my two cents,  It will not be a drama that showcases ysh acting skill but might get a big exposure if he ends up being paired with a bigger star.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

Thank you so much for this. This is what I waiting for. I dont have any problem with the plot, but I hate this kind of character.   

Now I know about the character, its sound cheesy and more worst it can ruined his reputation. I dont understand why he taking this project (yes he still not confirmed, but there's this high possibility he will accept it) I'm happy His korean fans trying to stop him.  Really appreciated their efforts.

 

Other actors get paired with actresses that more older than them but still look good.  

I guess a really talent actor can build chemistry with everyone. For me YSH even look good with YEH and he has more chemistry with JCW  (a man) than the real pairing. 

I honestly want him to get paired with every actresses, as long she didnt end up ruining his drama :sweatingbullets:

But yeah we still didnt get any news about the female lead. 

After calm down and think about it again! maybe Its not that worst! I remember the Japanese Anime City Hunter! he is a real pervert! but still love by millions of people! Maybe the drama want to bring out this type of character and YSH think he can make the character loveable! TBH I am sure he can make a villian likeable! and if this is true, he might think it is a new challenge for him to play a pervert!! and a lots of shirtless scenes! :ph34r:which is a new challenge to him too..:D

Maybe we should give it a try and support his decision! If he is really confidence to take this part! So.. we can only wish for an excellent female lead to make this drama alive! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, onioncube said:

It sounds like the drama’s focus will be the female lead anyway. The acting challenge will be on the body swap premise and it will showcase the female lead’s role more than the male lead.

 

if they end up getting a big female star, then maybe it won’t be as bad as long as ysh plays his part well. It reminds me of strong woman do bong soon. Park bo yung was the main character but park hyun sik ended up getting a good career break because of that.

 

my two cents,  It will not be a drama that showcases ysh acting skill but might get a big exposure if he ends up being paired with a bigger star.

Yeah! I think we should open up our mind to accept his decision! and give him our support! he may make a good choice this time with BS guiding! we may not know the whole story about it!

After very dissappointed the last few days! I think I should learn to accept it! apart from wishing him well there is nothing we can do to stop it if this already sign up! and he is really happy for his next project! if he choose another wrong project!! Then we should all cry... wait for another year! :) anyway.. he still young and he got telent and he look perfect! he will get there if we believed him! saying that.. I felt better just to wish him luck and give him a teeny weeny support from a far distance fan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onioncube said:

It sounds like the drama’s focus will be the female lead anyway. The acting challenge will be on the body swap premise and it will showcase the female lead’s role more than the male lead.

 

if they end up getting a big female star, then maybe it won’t be as bad as long as ysh plays his part well. It reminds me of strong woman do bong soon. Park bo yung was the main character but park hyun sik ended up getting a good career break because of that.

 

my two cents,  It will not be a drama that showcases ysh acting skill but might get a big exposure if he ends up being paired with a bigger star.

This is what I think when I read the plot. The female lead will be carry this drama. PBY always taking this kind of drama. Thats why I kinda believe that they really want to cast top actress for this. 

If a top actress really taking it, there's big possibility the drama will doing well, especially if the male lead is YSH. 

But honestly after know the male lead character, I dont want YSH to take this one. I want a drama that will showing me his acting skill. 

1 hour ago, See Wong said:

After calm down and think about it again! maybe Its not that worst! I remember the Japanese Anime City Hunter! he is a real pervert! but still love by millions of people! Maybe the drama want to bring out this type of character and YSH think he can make the character loveable! TBH I am sure he can make a villian likeable! and if this is true, he might think it is a new challenge for him to play a pervert!! and a lots of shirtless scenes! :ph34r:which is a new challenge to him too..:D

Maybe we should give it a try and support his decision! If he is really confidence to take this part! So.. we can only wish for an excellent female lead to make this drama alive! 

 

Honestly this kind of character will get so much hyped, you know fifthy shade of grey? I cant imagine YSH taking this kind of role. He will get a new image but not a new challenge... my opinion

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I want to be optimistic and I know YSH can pull off any character but... no. I just can't manage the tiniest hope. The issues of the mistreatment of women right now in Korea and the rest of the world are too serious to be addressed by a silly rom com. Apparently this is the sort of story in which a sexist sleazy guy is made to see the error of his ways after his soul is trapped in a woman's body for a while and he can she her point of view--right? That's how these stories go. Sorry, Korea's problems, women's problems right now are too serious to be addressed that lightly. 

 

I felt similarly when I saw My Strange Hero tackling the subject of suicide (in Korea) and the problem of Korea's stratified high pressure school system with a light comedy. it felt... awkward. 

 

A serious drama addressing these issues would be another thing, but a rom com?  Secret Garden belongs to a more innocent era of comedies. I can sense that the Korean shows I'm watching are changing and being more open about subjects that would never be mentioned before, but I do understand perfectly what YSH's Korean fans are upset about.  Not just for YSH's career but for the sake of women---it is pure fantasty to think what women go through at the hands of sleazeballs can be fixed with MAGIC. NO MAGIC SOUL SWAPPING can fix sexism. No guy will suddenly go from bad guy to good guy because of MAGIC (I don't care if he looks like YSH and has those glistening compassionate eyes).

 

Moral of my story: MAGIC DOESN'T CURE SEXISM. That's the last thing Korea (and most women) want to hear right now).

 

it doesn't work that way. In the wake of scandals, #metoo, and all the sufferings of women in Korea and elsewhere, there isn't any worse timing for this show. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Oohh.. another Yeo Woon fan!!

Yeah.. there were plot holes but it still work over all. I was tuned to it until the ending.. And then I went.. WHAT???? But loved, loved the character, and he execute it so well. His eyes, spoke volumes.

 

 

 

He was so young then but stole the show. I was spoiled for the ending but it still shocked me. Don't get me started about it made no sense or I'll rant forever. Yeo Woon is a good example of an anti-hero (not villian), a character who does bad things but with whom an audience can still sympathize with, relate to and cheer for---he is not, by any means, like the character we are hearing described in this new YSH project. Woon's actions were contradictory and often misunderstood--but he never demeaned women (he went around rescuing fair damsels etc as well as other innocent ppl etc) and tried to be a good person and spoke respectfully to people. WBDS was a swashbuckling action historical, it's own type of genre, and the romance in it was really badly written or not emphasized as much as other elements---with a rom com, the relationship between two people NEEDS to culminate in true love, and I just go UGH at any woman ending up with a sleazebag, no matter how much he's changed.... because... magic? It just doesn't happen that way. I have so many problems with that. I like fantasy. But *poof* you're no longer a sleazebag, joke, funny, funny, rom com, haha. It all sounds like a trainwreck to me. Ahhhh, I am upset. Give YSH a serious role again. He did so many when he was much, much younger. His Yeo Woon was so ... mature.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, debbiechan said:

Guys, I want to be optimistic and I know YSH can pull off any character but... no. I just can't manage the tiniest hope. The issues of the mistreatment of women right now in Korea and the rest of the world are too serious to be addressed by a silly rom com. Apparently this is the sort of story in which a sexist sleazy guy is made to see the error of his ways after his soul is trapped in a woman's body for a while and he can she her point of view--right? That's how these stories go. Sorry, Korea's problems, women's problems right now are too serious to be addressed that lightly. 

 

I felt similarly when I saw My Strange Hero tackling the subject of suicide (in Korea) and the problem of Korea's stratified high pressure school system with a light comedy. it felt... awkward. 

 

A serious drama addressing these issues would be another thing, but a rom com?  Secret Garden belongs to a more innocent era of comedies. I can sense that the Korean shows I'm watching are changing and being more open about subjects that would never be mentioned before, but I do understand perfectly what YSH's Korean fans are upset about.  Not just for YSH's career but for the sake of women---it is pure fantasty to think what women go through at the hands of sleazeballs can be fixed with MAGIC. NO MAGIC SOUL SWAPPING can fix sexism. No guy will suddenly go from bad guy to good guy because of MAGIC (I don't care if he looks like YSH and has those glistening compassionate eyes).

 

Moral of my story: MAGIC DOESN'T CURE SEXISM. That's the last thing Korea (and most women) want to hear right now).

 

it doesn't work that way. In the wake of scandals, #metoo, and all the sufferings of women in Korea and elsewhere, there isn't any worse timing for this show. 

Oh! I thought it was two female swap body? my mistake!

Lately Korean drama like to go quite sensitive issue like you mention.. suicide, school bullying! like the recent drama Beautiful World, or even the very popular Sky Castle!

From the very begining I do not like the idea of third Romcom in a row! and the plot was too outdated and silly for me! I am really againts it! but if this already happen and settle! we just have to accept it and hope for the best and wish him luck! and give our very little support to him! I truly think this is not a bright choice for him to prove himself all grown up! or try difference character! but I hate it more if this drama fail badly! so I can only choose to wish him luck and hope for the best will come out from it! of course if this just on the talks, he should listen to the wave of his fans for asking him to reconsider. :)

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

 

Honestly this kind of character will get so much hyped, you know fifthy shade of grey? I cant imagine YSH taking this kind of role. He will get a new image but not a new challenge... my opinion

 

 

Wow.. fifthy shades of grey! I don't mind if he taking the part of Korean version Christian Grey, but only if this is a movie! not a tv drama! :) 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Oohh.. another Yeo Woon fan!!

Yeah.. there were plot holes but it still work over all. I was tuned to it until the ending.. And then I went.. WHAT???? But loved, loved the character, and he execute it so well. His eyes, spoke volumes.

 

 

Umm... No one like me even I am much beautiful than Woon! :(

Image result for gif hwanhee yoo seung ho

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This romcom is adressing sexism and women mistreatment in the wrong way. To be honest, I don't care if a top actress is in talks for the role and the drama will get good ratings. YSH will certainly get big exposure, yeah such as curses, hate and negative criticism from koreans and sensible dramas fans. If this is the kind of exposure YSH is looking for, I won't send my wishes to him and give him my support. Sex sells, if YSH's character is like Christian Grey then I have no doubt the fangirls will hyperventilate behind their screens and scream his name. Which leads me to the next point, I detest when shows portray a pervert and sleazy character as someone sexy. Sexism and women mistreatment is not sexy !! In real life women don't fall in love with sexist guys, they dont think they are hot and sexy. Women mistreatment is too far a serious issue to be seen as a fantasy. The plot is too far-fetched to believe  that a sleazy man can become a romantic interest. 

 

@debbiechan the body swapping happens between the female lead ( employee ) and a superstar, not between the male lead and female lead.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, See Wong said:

Umm... No one like me even I am much beautiful than Woon! :(

 

 

Very beautiful he is there. YSH looked good in that role. I liked the movie too (and Go Ara as female co star), but Yeo Woon was much better character imv. More complex, more intense--plus sword-fighting and horse-riding! His relationships were interesting and his dilemmas were heartbreaking. Hwan hee in the Magician was enjoyable---I wouldn't mind another role like that. But Yeo Woon has special place in my heart. 

 

@Berou  ahhhh so I got the whole body swapping thing confused in the plot. Now it all makes even less sense to me. How does the sexist guy get any better?  I haven't looked at the link yet with my bad Korean even. I still have little hope that anything can redeem such a silly story, let alone one that comes at such a bad moment in contemporary times. I know many dramas are made out of webtoons and some are very different from the originals. Dramas based off manhwa can be very different (WBDS).

 

But I just can't be optimistic. Maybe it's because I've been optimistic for too many times now with YSH projects and this time.... this time may be asking too much. If I can only be proven wrong. Wouldn't that be great? YSH is SUCH a nice, smart guy, such a talented person---it would only be fair if once, just once, he would hit on a project that would not only be worthy of himself but would make his fans happy too..... *deep sigh*

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, debbiechan said:

 

@Berou  ahhhh so I got the whole body swapping thing confused in the plot. Now it all makes even less sense to me. How does the sexist guy get any better?  I haven't looked at the link yet with my bad Korean even. I still have little hope that anything can redeem such a silly story, let alone one that comes at such a bad moment in contemporary times. I know many dramas are made out of webtoons and some are very different from the originals. Dramas based off manhwa can be very different (WBDS).

 

But I just can't be optimistic. Maybe it's because I've been optimistic for too many times now with YSH projects and this time.... this time may be asking too much. If I can only be proven wrong. Wouldn't that be great? YSH is SUCH a nice, smart guy, such a talented person---it would only be fair if once, just once, he would hit on a project that would not only be worthy of himself but would make his fans happy too..... *deep sigh*

I haven't read the webtoon yet, I was about to do it but after knowing about the main character, I put it aside. I don't think such a character is redeemable because he likes hurting women for enjoyment. For sure the drama can be different from the webtoon but it's too risky, I don't have faith the writer will try to tone it down and prevent controversies. And there is also the fact ruler's production team is behind it. If the drama takes inspiration from the webtoon,  the basic frame and even the genre should be changed. To make the male main character likeable, it needs to give him some painful backstory to explain his behaviour at least. There must be a reason explaining why he is a playboy. He can be like the main character in Nice Guy who decided to sleep with women to  pay the bills for his sister treatment and obtain information from those women. The information's purpose was revenge. He wanted to get back at his ex that left him while he was rotting in prison instead of her. But Nice Guy's character never looked down on women, so demeaning women is a no no even though the character has a painful past. 

 

I'm still recovering from the shock and shaking my head. YSH deserves better than playing a sexist man in a silly romcom. 

 

14 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

I thnk he can play any character, this one too cuz he is very good at acting, he'd be able to pull it off cuz by the looks of it he wouldnt have to do much effort anyway. However I dont want him to play this character cuz like you said it looks like a sleezy disrespectful shallow man. Yes I like good well written villains having depth  and  given his eyes and talent YSH can pull them off with grace too but that doesnt mean he should play just any villain. The villain should have some spine depth and standard atleast. Not every other disrespectful sleezy  shallow guy/ villain is likeable

Exactly, villain characters should have some standards. And the sexyness or hotness of actors playing those characters won't erase the shallowness of those characters. I'm sorry to say this, but the people behind this project really look down on the general public and think that if someone like YSH plays a direspectful and trash character, the general public will become blind and pretend that his character's flaws don't exist and will cheer for him, fangirl over his supposed hotness, YSH with his charms will achieve to make them forget he will be playing a character mistreating women. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, debbiechan said:

 

Very beautiful he is there. YSH looked good in that role. I liked the movie too (and Go Ara as female co star), but Yeo Woon was much better character imv. More complex, more intense--plus sword-fighting and horse-riding! His relationships were interesting and his dilemmas were heartbreaking. Hwan hee in the Magician was enjoyable---I wouldn't mind another role like that. But Yeo Woon has special place in my heart. 

 

But I just can't be optimistic. Maybe it's because I've been optimistic for too many times now with YSH projects and this time.... this time may be asking too much. If I can only be proven wrong. Wouldn't that be great? YSH is SUCH a nice, smart guy, such a talented person---it would only be fair if once, just once, he would hit on a project that would not only be worthy of himself but would make his fans happy too..... *deep sigh*

@debbiechanHehehe It was a silly joke with @WoozyPrincess compare Yeo Woon with Hwan Hee! Woozy love Yeo Woon so much and I said Hwan Hee is so much better looking! hehe both is play by our lovely Yoo Seung Ho! same actor with two different character and both play perfectly! How not to love him, he is a brilliant actor!

I am once often moaning about YSH this and that! just want to see him shine brighter and became a bigger star as he should be! often get dissapointed with what he choose and why he not appear more often, why he don't work harder.. etc! All I wish is to see him become more successful and on top of Korean top male actor! If we spend a little bit more time to understand him! he often say he don't care much about fame and money! all he want is acting and acting make him feel good and feel secure! he pick up a project base on his emotionally favourite and not pick up a project want to be more successful and gain more attention! he is different and unit! and i think he is difficult to understand too! 

It is not official announce YSH going to take part of the Super Star Miss Lee yet! so we should really wait and see! I wish it is just a rumour! or he change his mind after all this 'fans pretests'. Let hope and pray! :) 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, See Wong said:

It is not official announce YSH going to take part of the Super Star Miss Lee yet! so we should really wait and see! I wish it is just a rumour! or he change his mind after all this 'fans pretests'. Let hope and pray! :) 

Yes lets wait for more news!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM pics

 

DSC09497_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

DSC09511_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

DSC09518_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

Spoiler

DSC09569_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

DSC09607_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

DSC00433_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

DSC09549_%EB%B3%B5%EC%82%AC.jpg?type=w80

 

Cr: BS Company

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Berou said:

Exactly, villain characters should have some standards. And the sexyness or hotness of actors playing those characters won't erase the shallowness of those characters. I'm sorry to say this, but the people behind this project really look down on the general public and think that if someone like YSH plays a direspectful and trash character, the general public will become blind and pretend that his character's flaws don't exist and will cheer for him, fangirl over his supposed hotness, YSH with his charms will achieve to make them forget he will be playing a character mistreating women. 

 

To be fair we have not seen the script yet but the sound of webtoon definitely sucks and yes no matter how good looking or sexy the actor is, the shallowness of the character wont be erased. I dont mind if the lead has one or two past relationships, got cheated/ hurt and turned bad or vengeful. Its natural and anyone would be able to relate. However, sleeping with every woman right left and center (just for the sake of it or whatever), demeaning them, treating them as objects that too without any particular serious reason definitely sounds trashy. Being playboy due to a troubled past is one thing, being spineless and characterless is another. I am sure general public isnt gonna like it either. It sounds like a cliched story, rich shallow characterless guy falls for the oh so poor hardworking pretty n silly damsel in distress with strong character apparently and since the body swap is gonna take place so its gonna be a bit of a nasty shocker when he finds out the truth that the woman he loves isnt pretty afterall and is just an average looking employee at his workplace. Sigh we can already predict some of the story I guess. By the looks of it the Female Lead of the show is gonna be more of a central character because she is swapping bodies so she'll have to display her acting skills more. This doesnt sounds like a show where Male lead would be focused much. It'd probably be the female lead and her struggle of adjusting into the superstar's body while being just an average employee on the inside but lets see. The whole concept of the show seems cliched / half baked and since Ruler's team is backing it so I wont be surprised if this show turns out to be as much of a mess as Ruler was (just like an empty vessel with a shiny body)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...