Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

• Guest changed the title to Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone.  This is my first post here.

I am a Korean who grew up in South America, and later in the USA.  Thus, I grew up watching K-dramas.  I am talking about really oldies, like EYES OF DAWN (여명의 눈동자, 1991) or SANDGLASS (모래시계, 1996).  During my teens, I loved Bae Yong Jun, Jo Hyun Jae and So Ji Sub, etc.  I became a member of soompi, and SJS infernational fan club.  I remember translating many interviews and articles, or even some drama clips.  

After getting married, I stopped the kdrama fever, only sporadically watching, without deep attachment.  But during Corona virus lockdown in 2020, I started watching kdramas again.  So it began, my Hyunbin crush (Crash Landing On You), which changed to Jung Hae In (One Spring Night), and later to Kim Myungsoo L (Angel's Last Mission).  I started watching anything about/with them.

My L crush was interesting.  When I first watched Angel's Last Mission, the main character didn't make a strong impression.  He looked ordinary, and his acting felt raw.  But by the end of the drama, he won me over.  I became curious...  who is L???  A quick search, and I knew he was an idol, which explained his stiff acting.  Watching him in talk shows was even more endearing.  He was VERY HANDSOME, like an Angel.  He was the FACE of his idol group.  This was the reason I watched RULER, OWNER OF THE MASK.  I hesitated at first, because I knew it was a long period drama, and that he was not the main lead.  But I still wanted to see L's raw acting there....

But from episode 1, when Yoo Seung Ho appeared on screen, I stopped breathing.  "OMG, IS THAT YSH????"  From that moment, I stopped all other loves, and all other interests.  I have eyes and ears for one only:  YSH.    

In 2002, I watched his first movie "THE WAY HOME" in the theaters (he was 9 years old). A year later, I watched him in LOVE LETTER as little Jo Hyun Jae's character, playing as a priest in love.  I actually own the DVD.  In 2007, I watched him in THE LEGEND as a young prince Damdeok (Bae Yong Jun's young character).  He was amazing there as a prince pretending to be dumb to stay alive.  In 2009, I started watching Queen Seondeok just because of him, but I stopped before he appeared in the later episodes, a 62 epi drama.  In other words, I was fond of him, calling him little SJS, but it was just that, a light smiley fondness without consequences.   

In 2010, My husband watched MASTER OF STUDY.  I told him then, that as much as I like YSH, the plot looks boring.  My husband then showed me clips of YSH's first drama Daddy Fish, where he played the role of a boy with leukemia.  My husband never forgot the impression this little boy made on him.  Even now, 20 years later, he remembers this 7 year old's tears.

So back to the present 2020, when I first watched RULER, OWNER OF THE MASK, I was logically watching in order to see L's raw acting, but in the back of my mind, I was also curious to see how little SJS grew.  That light smiley fondness for him, suddenly blossomed and my heart screamed.  WOW!!!  YSH is HOT!!!  And I had thought L was hot.  But next to YSH...  How can this be?  YSH possessed an aura.  And his eyes was like a magnet.  My heart fluttered every time I watched him.

So I really enjoyed whatching Ruler, the entire drama without fast forwarding.  I know...  the writing failed us in many ways.  Instead of showing us how the king grows up from a naive weak prince to a strong warrior, they focused too much on saving the damsel in distress (who btw risks everyone's lives based on her misunderstanding).  But Ruler really showcased YSH's charisma.  He definitely looked and acted as a king!

After Ruler, I started looking for more YSH.  I watched Kim Seon Dal (which was ok).  Then I watched I AM NOT A ROBOT.  I laughed so much during the first half of the drama, and then I cried a lot.  YSH was not kingly here.  He was not on a mission to save the world or his father.  He was only a miserable lonely boy imprisoned inside his gigantic castle.  I still screamed "wow YSH is handsome!"  But I didn't see him as mushitsu (HOT).  His inner being was lacking.  Showing himself too weak, like a bullied boy.  I don't know...  but my heart fluttered still.  I didn't know then that after watching so many of his more recent works, and after several rewatches, I will end up liking KIM MIN KYU'S character the most.  More on this later (as I understand, many Yoopies in this forum dislike I AM NOT A ROBOT).  I am really Happy he picked this work. 

I then watched REMEMBER, WAR OF THE SON.  I feel YSH was the most handsome ever in this show.  I had to stop the drama several times to admire his visual.  And his dramatic transformation, from genius to a man with Alzheimer really made me cry rivers.  He seemed too young for the role though.  At times, it felt his character was too weak.  That lawyer Park Dong Ho was the real hero.  And we all know Nam Guk Min, how he stole the spot light.  I could see why...    but in my eyes, YSH's Seo Jinwoo shined the most. I am sad to know this drama made YSH insecure of his acting ability...   as if he fell into a slump.  For me, REMEMBER was a great masterpiece. 

I also watched WARRIOR BAECK DONG SOO.  Some parts were really exciting, but it dragged sooooo much!!!  The writing was very capricious.  It didn't let us understand the characters.  They made irrational choices.  But episode 28 made me forget all the drama's faults.  When I watched Woon and Dong Soo together again, I felt I was redeemed...  BEST SCENE EVER!!!  Too bad the final episode ruined it all.  We went back to the irrational writing, irrational behaving.  I don't regret watching this, but next time, I will use fast forward button express and watch only Woon!!!

MY STRANGE HERO.  I laughed, I cried, and I swooned at YSH's handsomeness.  He warmed my heart while watching.  But I closed the book once the drama was over.  Am I too old to watch & like High School dramas???

Then I watched MEMORIST.  FAST, DEEP, TOO COMPLICATED.  As much as I love YSH, I found it to be too dark, spiritually draining.  But at the end, when the puzzles finally came together, I took my hat off. WOW!

IMAGINARY CAT.  Cute but forgettable.  OPERATION PROPOSAL.  Surprisingly charming.  Cuteness overload. 

Now, I am watching I MISS YOU....  but I find it too boooooring.  After MEMORIST, I find the police plot in IMY lame and one dimentional.  I may still finish it, but only to see HARRY transformed into a total psycho.  I've been using the fast forward button a little too much here.  I may run out of steam before I finish..

It is too late, and too long for a first post.  I will be back later if you don't mind my long rants.

I just wanted to greet you all, and thank you for your faithful and constant love to YSH.  Thank you for keeping us all updated on his news.  And for keeping this forum alive.  

God bless you all!!!

Edited by Prisci

4 hours ago, Berou said:

Hi @Prisci !!! Welcome to YSH thread :)

It's fantastic to have a korean fan here, it means we'll get stuff subbed/translated in english !! Joking. 

I'm surprised and I appreciate you took time to read this thread and our thoughts. Wasn't it pretty long ? 

Yes, I'm one of those Yoopies who dislike IANAR

LOL. I dropped  MSH. I guess MSH is pretty forgettable? once you watch it, you don't have the desire to re-watch it. High School dramas can be interesting but this one was a failure in writing. 

Don't drop IMY, please. It can be boring in some parts but this drama is YSH drama. He completely outshined the ML and I consider his performance as Harry Borrison as one of  his greatest ones. He was very popular during IMY airing and all fans watching it were amazed by his acting. It was the drama that made me a fan of him :)

Hi @Berou.  Thank you for the warm welcome.

As my YSH to-be-watch list was shrinking, I remembered Soompi Forum.   It's been over a decade since I last checked here, so I lost my ID.  I had to start over, learning to navigate all the new technology and rules.  Still not there yet, but you learn as you go, right?

I did check most of the pages of this thread (not finished yet) and read many impassioned conversations.  Sadly though, most contributors would stay for a while, and then they would somehow leave.  However @Berou, you stayed till now.  Since the day you took over this thread, you have been faithful and constant to YSH and to his fans.  진심으로 감사합니다 (thank you from the bottom of my heart).

I stopped IMY on epi 13.  But I will finish it, even if it's just because you asked me to.  I tend to focus on character developments in dramas.  I think it's most important to understand the character and why they make certain choices.  I like dramas where I can 'feel' the character.  I hope and trust that by the end of IMY, I will 'feel' for Harry Borrison.

Question though.  You keep saying that in IMY, YSH stole the thunder from Park Yoochun.  I also know the ACTING AWARDS are many times a joke, totally unfair.  But YSH did not even get nominated for an award here?  Or did he?

Here's what I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_You_(South_Korean_TV_series)

So many people got awarded for this drama, even the child actors, except for him.  Was he really that popular then?

4 hours ago, Berou said:

Hi @Prisci !!! Welcome to YSH thread :)

Tomorrow is his birthday and I'm loving how his agency is posting about him and his upcoming birthday.

Oh Yeah!!!!  Our little star's birthday is August 17!  I really hope he will have an amazing birthday celebration.  And may this be the beginning of bigger and wonderful projects.

Thank you for sharing the video.  I did watch that on youtube.  I found YSH very relaxed and playful there.  It warms my heart... 

Edited by Prisci

Hi @berou

I was trying to post the picture with the Happy Birthdy cake, but I don't know how to post pictures yet =).  Thank you again for posting!

I just finished reading through the entire thread.  It was quite a ride.  TBH, some pages were really hard to read, especially during the time after MSH, which for most of us, was his worst drama after returning from Military Service.  And the outspoken protest against the posibility of him taking Superstar Miss Lee project, and painfully waiting, almost hopelessly, for good news.  Mind you, I was reading as a journalist checks past events, already knowing how it unfolded.  And wow!  There was plenty of emotional activity here, but it was filled with so much frustration and disappointment.  I felt for all of you, I understood your frustration was because you cared for him. Would I have been as frustrated as you were if I had followed him last year? 

I just breathed a sigh of relief when it was announced that YSH will take on MEMORIST instead.  Suddenly, the atmosphere here changed.  People rejoiced, and there was a sudden excitement.  The Yoopies have been waiting long for YSH to take on this kind of crime/thriller role!  It was a nice change, although I knew even then that MEMORIST was no joy ride.  So I wanted to read your reviews, understand how YSH's fans liked Dong Baek.  To my disappointment, I saw no activity here.  Suddenly, the room was quite.  Is it because of the Covid?  Or were most fans disappointed at MEMORIST? 

@Berou

Do you know what happened?  It was only last year that I saw so many writing their inputs filled with disappointed love for YSH?  Where are they now?  Were they even more disappointed after Memorist?  Honestly, this drama did leave me in a numb state at first.  The spiritual darkness felt real.  But I still liked Dong Baek and I appreciated his heroic character.  And the premise of who can be the judge or criminal.  When hero and antihero meets, like in a mirror facing each other....

BTW, speaking about YSH's next project.  I was disappointed that he stepped out of the movie Firefighter.  It was all the ingredients to make it successful.  But this are strange times we are living.  Covid is destroying businesses.  No one's going to the theatres.  No matter how great the movie is.  During such times, I think it's wiser to NOT DO MOVIES.  Wouldn't you think so?  Especially as production was being delayed again and again.

Let's pray that Covid dies down.  That life as usual may resume so that we can all live normally and freely.

Hi @Prisci Good to see you here. I very much enjoyed Memorist.. I don't always enjoy Yoo Seung-ho's dramas and movies but I love all his performances. I think I've seen all his adult performance--at least from Master of Study onwards. Remember War of the Son may be my fave of the dramas, Blind the best of the movies, and my favorite character is Woon. I don't tend to watch many rom-coms but his performance in IANAR was touching, even if I didn't like the drama that much. He's so amazingly talented and I was so happy that Memorist was such a great project for him--great plot, great role, his acting was amazing. He seems to be growing as a artist and I'm so happy for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, debbiechan said:

Hi @Prisci Good to see you here. I very much enjoyed Memorist.. I don't always enjoy Yoo Seung-ho's dramas and movies but I love all his performances. I think I've seen all his adult performance--at least from Master of Study onwards. Remember War of the Son may be my fave of the dramas, Blind the best of the movies, and my favorite character is Woon. I don't tend to watch many rom-coms but his performance in IANAR was touching, even if I didn't like the drama that much. He's so amazingly talented and I was so happy that Memorist was such a great project for him--great plot, great role, his acting was amazing. He seems to be growing as a artist and I'm so happy for him.

Hi @debbiechan Nice seeing you here too=). 

I'm not sure if you've read my long intro rant, but I do love IANAR.  For me, it's a drama about psychological healing and rediscovery.  Like a caterpillar inside a cocoon, being transformed into a butterfly and finding the freedom to fly.  I felt that YSH understood the character so well...  did he see himself in the character?  Although the rating was very low, he sounded very happy during all the interviews.  I think I remember him saying that he was being 'healed.'  I will soon write a review.  

Stay safe

2 hours ago, Berou said:

@Prisci

In my case, you guessed it right. Due to Covid, I  was MIA for 3 months. I came back in July. I've put on hold Memorist, I am busy and too many things are going on from my end. I want to watch and finish Memorist when my mind is at rest and peace.  I will probably start watching it next month.  I don't know for the others. Tagging @rahma92 & @See Wong to come over. 

Post-MSH was a hard time for Yoopies. MSH is indeed his worst post-military drama. I've wrecked my brain to understand the reason he chose it. He must have liked something in it. Picking a high school drama was a step backward. He had a hard time to transition from childhood to adulthood, from child counter parts dramas to adult dramas, thus I felt doing a high school drama was the wrong step. 

@Berou

Covid turned the world upside down.  Ironically, I am here because of Covid.

MSH was a step backwards in YSH's career.  Did he regret doing it?  Most probably.  Why did he pick?  We will never know.  This was during the time he was breaking up with his previous agency so we don't know what kind of contract agreements they had signed, and who signed them...

Thank you for the Birthday Video.  I started translating, but I stopped cuz it's time consuming and I figured soon there will be English translations anyways...

“That’s right.  It’s my birthday party.  And they just threw me here, without any preparation, to fence on my own.”  “kkk, just kidding.  They prepared all this for me.”

“Actually, I was supposed to have Korean and Japanese Fan Meetings, but they were cancelled because of Corona Virus.”  “That’s why we are going to show you this birthday party, a self-celebration party.”

“How have I been?”  “After Memorist, I wanted to do lots of things, such as going to the movies.  But due to covid and trying to keep social distance, I stayed home with my family.”

I hope this little bit of translation will help...

Cheers

• Like 1

Some facts I remember about YSH you may not know.

He debuted through the drama DADDY FISH (2000).  Daddy Fish (2000) poster  YSH was 7, and he played a boy with leukemia.  The single father who loved him sacrificially was played by Jeong Bo Seok. 

I watched an interview with the senior actor. Bo Seok Jeong He said that YSH didn't want to act back then.  So he had to bribe him, telling him he will buy him toys and let him play with his children if he acted.

=============================

In 2004, YSH was in PRECIOUS FAMILY.  He played the role of a boy with Autism.  His mom was played by the renowned Kim Hee Ae (THE WORLD OF THE MARRIED) Kim Hee Ae in Precious Family Korean Drama (2004)

His dad was played by Heo Joon Ho Heo Joon Ho in Precious Family Korean Drama (2004)  =>  He was Daemok, the arkenemy in Ruler.  During the Ruler press con, a reporter asked YSH how he felt about meeting his 'dad' from so long ago.  YSH said that he was supposed to feel comforted by his dad's presence, but that he actually feels intimidated by Daemok (if I remember correctly).  It was funny though, =)))

3 hours ago, Berou said:

@Prisci thanks for the translation :)

I've watched the highlights of daddy fish, posted by MBC on youtube. Precious family and daddy fish are old dramas, it's hard to find subtitles, and even the dramas in their entirety. 

Although I couldnt understand, I was surprised and amazed by YSH's raw talent in daddy fish. This was his debut drama but he acted so well. He was truly meant to be an actor.  

I didnt know about the senior actor bribing him. His mother used to do it too. I get a bit sad when I hear these things. It shows he acted against his will, adults around him used bribes and tricks to make him act. He was pushed and forced into the entertainment industry because of his family financial situation, at such a young age he became the breadwinner.  

@Berou 

Yes, YSH had an inborn ability to act.  But he didn't enjoy it till much later in his life.  

Like you said, he was the sole breadwinner since he was 7.  So he grew up feeling that acting was his 'job.'  Being in the spotlight in such a young age, he must have experienced lots of praise and cheers in front of the camera.  But once the lights were turned off, reality may have been different...  The shocking contrast between how people treated him in front of the camera, and behind.  You can call it reality of the entertainment business.  Could a child understand such 2 faced actions among the adults?  He did mention in later interviews that he got hurt a lot.

And Koreans love titles, hierarchy and social status.  He, being from a poor family may not have helped.  Was that why he had an eye for underdogs?  I feel like he went against the grain and felt closer with unpopular people.  He avoided other famous entertainers.  He was polite with them, yes.  But could not open up with them.  

I am just speculating here.  I thought of this, because:

1. Many senior costars praised his good manners and meekness.  That he greets everyone in the set, no matter how big or smalls they are.  I can't remember which senior costar mentioned that during QUEEN SEON DOCK, he told him to go inside (air conditioned room) because it was too hot but YSH refused, saying that it was not fair for the rest of the staff.  

2. He was involved in mission works, helping orphans in Sri Lanka.  He wrote a memoir which IU turned into a song.  When you go to those places, and witness so much pain and human strength, you grow as a human and your view of the world expands.  You understand the meaning of being privileged, and you become humble.

He went to the Army, hoping to escape from this world that was so glamorous in the outside, but where he felt empty inside.  But it was in the Army, away from the limelight, that he came to understand his calling. That despite his introverted nature, he was a gifted actor.  And he missed that world.  

Coming back from the Army marked a new chapter in YSH's career.  A more mature, more independent chapter.  Filled with disappointments (with failed projects), but also filled with lots of learning experiences.

From BTS interviews, I feel that slowly but surely, YSH is learning to relax more and to open up.  He is also learning to make more closer friends within the entertainment world.  

We as fans wish he were more popular, that he be at the top.  On the other hand, I comfort myself believing that he is 'enjoying' acting.  It's no longer a burdensome work.

Hello guys long time no see.

Thanks for tagging me @Berou I still not finish Memorist, the drama is too heavy for me. I dont understand anything :joy: right now my mood not into a drama. But I want to finish it for YSH. Maybe later.

Btw did anyone see this. This is amazing 

I hope YSH know about this... He never update his Ig anymore. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Btw did anyone see this. This is amazing hope YSH know about this... He never update his Ig anymore. 

Hello @rahma92

Thank you for sharing the billboard.   Is that for real?  Was that Times Square?  No way! I used to commute there...

It says that actor Yoo Seung Ho ranked #1 in May.  But what kind of ranking? According to whom? 

Sorry for asking so many questions.   As mentioned in my intro, I haven't been following kdrama for many years.   Just came back during the lockdown.  And was awestruck to find the cute boy become such a handsome man.

• LOL 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:04 PM, Berou said:

He definetely got hurt due to mistreatment on set

Reveal hidden contents

According to industry insiders, Yoo Seung Ho always includes a very specific clause in his contract when being cast to take on roles in shows.

And that is “To have everyone on set agree to treat the younger cast with respect.” In fact, when Yoo Seung Ho appeared in the 2012 K-Drama Missing You, a staff on set revealed on social media that the actor “Requested the production team to please show the same amount of courtesy and consideration to the children actors.”

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/actor-yoo-seung-ho-always-includes-specific-clause-contract-taking-roles-details/

Hi @Berou

Thank you for sharing the articles.  I especially enjoyed reading Jenny Kang from Koreaboo.com 

Btw.  As promised, I did finish I MISS YOU (using ff button 50% of the times, watching YSH parts). Maybe if I watched this before Memorist, I  might have enjoyed it a bit more.  I couldn't help but compare the plot with Memorist, where you see even darker and more gruesome crimes. So IMY didn't move me. Many scenes felt unrealistic. (Funny, I felt the characters in Memorist, which is a webtoon story, reacted more realistically than those in IMY. The pace was super slow.  Even the bromance bet the main character and his police partner felt flat compared to the super heroic partnership YSH characters shared in MEMORIST.  

I hope I am not making any of IMY fans mad.  I just watched it for HARRY and his acting didn't disappoint. 

45 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

@Berou Corona really affect my life. I really not in the mood with anything. Thanks for the link  

@rahma92

How is corona affecting you?  I hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy.   

I Dont know about you.  But Corona was very scary and I think my anxieties and fears (fed by the media) made it so much bigger than it really is.  I had to take a break from watching news and trust God instead.  On the other hand, this situation made me appreciate things I took so much for granted before.   Such as my family, my health.  I thank God every day for another day.

God bless you 

7 hours ago, Prisci said:

How is corona affecting you?  I hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy.   

All my familiy is healty. But others not as lucky as us. 

Yes same with you, Corona scared me so much. Im in depressed mode for one month. But now everything become better, I got used to it. Just hope everything will be back to normal. 

Psstt Im IMY fan. But Its fine, Its ok for having different opinions.

About firefighter I heard that they offers it to other actor already, Im kinda sad about it. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, Berou said:

He definetely got hurt due to mistreatment on set

Reveal hidden contents

According to industry insiders, Yoo Seung Ho always includes a very specific clause in his contract when being cast to take on roles in shows.

And that is “To have everyone on set agree to treat the younger cast with respect.” In fact, when Yoo Seung Ho appeared in the 2012 K-Drama Missing You, a staff on set revealed on social media that the actor “Requested the production team to please show the same amount of courtesy and consideration to the children actors.”

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/actor-yoo-seung-ho-always-includes-specific-clause-contract-taking-roles-details/

For Queen Seundeok,  it was a staff that revealed this tidbit :

Reveal hidden contents

A production staff from 2009 drama “The Great Queen Seon Deok” had a heartwarming story to tell about actor Yoo Seung Ho.

On July 20, a screen capture of a Twitter post surfaced on an online community, titled “A post shared by a staff from ‘The Great Queen Seon Deok’ after reading Yoo Seung Ho’s recent interview.”

The writer of the Twitter post had shared a story from when he worked on the set of the historical drama. He explained that as a production staff member, he had told Yoo Seung Ho to rest inside since the actor was standing next to the crew in the sun. He said that Yoo Seung Ho’s reaction was a refreshing surprise

The Twitter post reads, “How time flies… My memory of Yoo Seung Ho consists of, ‘How can someone so young like me sit in an air conditioned room while the adults are working hard in the heat.’ That was his answer when I told him to sit inside since it was hot. This was when ‘Queen Seon Deok’ aired.”

He went on to elaborate, “The reason why I still remember this is because no cast member ever behaved like that. It was unprecedented. It’s not that they have to be that way, but it was shocking that he thought the way he did. And he never actually did go inside.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1014909wpp/production-staff-member-remembers-yoo-seung-hos-thoughtfulness-past-anecdote

I imagine the working conditions in filming industry in Korea are bad if you are not part of main cast or a senior actor. If YSH takes measures to insert a specific clause contract till today, then the working conditions for child actors have not changed that much since 20 years.  If I understand it correctly, they are considered as less-actors.  

Spoiler

If we listen and discern some of the sharings of child stars, we can peel the not so nice treatment that some experienced from the industry.  Or even activities that adults did even in front of kids (i.e. smoking, cursing, etc). I remember a variety guesting of Kim Yoo Jung, where was sharing that she has strong legs coz she got used to shooting where there's nothing to sit on.  I guess since most child stars then will not have management companies and some are just with their Moms, hence production team are taking them for granted.  Even YDG shared that since he was with the production team, hence he hears all of their conversation, see them smoking and cursing.  Hence, I really have a soft spot for the above.  They bore the sacrifices and challenges attached to the child actor tag.  

On 8/19/2020 at 12:16 AM, Berou said:

@Prisci

In my case, you guessed it right. Due to Covid, I  was MIA for 3 months. I came back in July. I've put on hold Memorist, I am busy and too many things are going on from my end. I want to watch and finish Memorist when my mind is at rest and peace.  I will probably start watching it next month.  I don't know for the others. Tagging @rahma92 & @See Wong to come over. 

Post-MSH was a hard time for Yoopies. MSH is indeed his worst post-military drama. I've wrecked my brain to understand the reason he chose it. He must have liked something in it. Picking a high school drama was a step backward. He had a hard time to transition from childhood to adulthood, from child counter parts dramas to adult dramas, thus I felt doing a high school drama was the wrong step. 

I was very happy when he got confirmed for firefighter because it's been years I've been wanting to see him in a movie again. He was traumatized after the failures of Kim Sundal and Joseon Magician, he was reluctant and a bit scared to do another movie. Indeed, it had a lot of potential. But I think he took the right decision, he privileged health and saftey. Hard times for cinema and entertainment industry now, people are scared to go out and watch movies. The movies that were promised to be hit movies  are struggling. We don't know when the pandemic will be over. 

For posting images and videos, you simply need to copy-past the link. They will be automatically embedded. 

@debbiechan

:heythere:.    Good to see you again :) 

Hi, Its been so long, thank you for tagging me, Sorry for missing such a long time, like everybody.. been effecting by the Coronavirus, its just bring your mood down! as I live in the UK, things just get worst!!! the Western world did not handling the Covid19 as good as the Asia! ok.. me too, I am supprising many people did not finish Memorist when everybody so looking forward to it and dream come true when he take the part!! maybe the drama a bit too dark and depressed to our taste on this situation!! so I watch other light hearted and healing drama instead! other than that.. this is the first time I did not manage to watch YSH drama, I actually found he is lacking of something! felt like he dont really want to be there!! Just my oppinion! and his Instagram has closed! its said been hack! not so sure, I think he really not into or he need to take a long break!! let find out. 

Please do take care, keep safe. I will be much positive next time. promise.

Good morning.

I just watched this clip.  Actor Jung Gwal Ryung went to a Tv show named MARITEL.  In there, the senior actor called Yoo Seung Ho!

It was fun and cute hearing YSH caught in live program.  

Edit.  I believe this clip is just 8 months old.  Let me know if you want me to translate.  Or give you a summary of the conversation. :)

After reading dramabeans IANAR commentaries and viewer reviews,  I realized all the more why I love this drama soooooo much, and more specifically, why I became fascinated by the depth of emotions I witnessed through YSH's acting here.

I wrote the following at. IANAR thread.  Can I post here too? Let me know if not, I will change. 

On the surface, this drama sounds silly and UNREALISTIC.   About a man falling in love with a robot???  But the more you watch,  you realize its not about a robot.   No, this drama is about a human monster who falls in love and starts healing.  Sounds familiar?  Yes, like Beauty and the Beast. 

Like that Beast, MK was imprisoned in his castle unable to interact with others for 15 years.  YSH portrayed such a character.   A child like monster.  Socially awkward and scared to show his weakness to others.  This monster,  after meeting Jia, starts opening up. But the process isn't easy.(SPOILER)

When the truth comes out (epu 25): that all the new found freedom and love were based on lies, the monster returns ever so furiously.  Rawwrring in pain, bleeding tears (literally). Next episode, we witness a Shakespearean type of monologue.  He was baring his soul: I am angry because I love you.

For me, he deserves standing ovation for that kind of acting. 

And slowly,  through much love,  open dialogue and forgiveness,  true healing begins.   I watched in total awe at this transformation.   It was a true metamorphosis.   The monster became a prince charming.

And Jia, she truly was like Bell,  independent and assertive.   This drama at first, felt like diminishing women to robot like relationships.  But in the end,  it was about women's power,  and how they have the power,  through dialogue,  to fix and change the world 

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched this 9 yr old music video with YSH: Don't Go, Don't Go by Brown Eyes.  Have you watched this? 

Soooo dramatic!  And YSH was so young!

Another old Music Video with YSH.  In the first MV, he was obsessed with his girlfriend in a destructive way.  In this MV, he is cheating on his girlfriend. 

https://youtu.be/U7qJMC5TLV8

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Yes, we can only re watch some of his old clips, old film and old drama while we miss him so much! only hope we can have more news of him?! 

On 9/10/2020 at 8:08 AM, Berou said:

Thank you for your input :)

Child actors dont have it easy and suffer a lot. I don't know if someone else than YSH has been vocal, I don't follow closely other child actors. He said multiple times in interviews that he got hurt of adults and he does not recommend being a child actor. You put 2 and 2 together, and deduce his childhood was filled with suffering. 

YDG ? Isnt it rather YJG ? I once watched his appearance in a reality show where he jokingly said he was mistaken to be an adult as a teenager because of his deep voice. The adult actors proposed him to smoke. So, they didnt care about smoking in front of a child.

Hello ,

It's everywhere the same. Covid has affected a lot of lives in the world :(. Take care of you. 

I have started to watch Memorist again. I have resumed where I left. It's indeed a dark drama, however that's why I like it. Not everyone can watch serious and dark dramas. I prefer Memorist over his rom-coms, not that I dislike rom-coms. They are nice to watch when they are well-written and have deep dialogues. 

I find YSH really good in Memorist. He is very in tune with his character. He worried uselessly about doing career roles such as doctor, detective and so on. I hope he continues on this route. 

His IG got closed because of impostors/fake accounts that were asking money to fans. Story J posted a message on the official fancafe. It's not a hack. I hope they will find another way to let YSH to communicate with his fans.

Oh please do it ! :)

Whether a summary or a translation. I'm all ears. 

Umm... I watch a few episodes but not ready to pick it up yet!! I am sure it will be a good drama when you say so.. you are not easy to please!! :) umm.. Remember was a dark drama too! very sad indeed! he is good at these, he has those beautiful sad eyes!

Did Story J update any news of him??? coming to year end!! any news of him? any new casting?? I miss him.