Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

14 minutes ago, Berou said:

It's a birthday rice cake from last year, look at the date :).

We're going to see soon his face, when he doesn't act you litteraly have no news from him.

Btw I might not be very present for remember re-watch at remember thread as the contest takes most of  my free time. I hope you understand. I don't have time to watch the airing dramas. Eg : falsify, criminal minds

oh, hhhhhhh didn't see it!! :sweatingbullets: hihihi 

right :( good thing we got interviews from him and VIP movies attendings :wink: and soon a fanmeeting for his birthday right?!! :D but then we will need to wait till his next project *sigh* 

it's ok chingu, totally understand :) I know how busy it can get!! Fighting with the contest :D 

• Like 1

What the article says: “He’s the coolest person I’ve met in my entire life. Just his aura alone is really cool. I watched ‘Ruler: Master of the Mask,’ and he gave off a warm feeling while also being masculine and handsome, but still had a softer aspect as well. Compared to when I watched him as a child actor, he is really a ‘cool man,'” Cha Eun Woo gushed. “When I first met [Yoo Seung Ho], I felt awkward and worried about how I should act, but he was really fun.”

Cha Eun Woo also recalled how apologetic and thankful he felt while filming together. The idol explained there was a scene where he had to lean on top of the actor, but Yoo Seung Ho had said don’t worry and to comfortably lean on him.

• Like 3

@joyspartace thank you so much for sharing chingu!! :wub: 

"It sounds like Yoo Seung Ho gained a fanboy in Cha Eun Woo!" awwwww I'm always happy to see more people showing their love for Yoo Seung Ho!! :wub: and he really wins people's heart with the way he ease their worries being around him!! :wub: 

• Like 2

a brief excerpt of what the article says: 

The actor then delved into what he looks for in a lady as he said, "In reality, my ideal type would be a woman with faults. Rather than a perfect person, I want someone whom I can look after."

• Like 3

On 7/25/2017 at 3:20 PM, sanaeozora said:

Hi, 

I'm crossposting this from the Please Help Me thread, as it might be more relevant posting this here:

I've found a clip of Yoo Seung-ho's 2012 appearance in Top Gear Korea but I've only found it with Chinese and Vietnamese subtitles. I don't dare ask anyone to produce English subtitles but, if a kind soul who speaks either Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese can help me figure out what they're talking about, I'd be forever grateful.

Many thanks in advance and a great day to you all!

@maryofbethany I think that you're my only hope. Is there a chance you could just give me a quick summary of what they say? The clip is about 13 minutes long and it's one of the rare times in which Yoo Seung-ho went to a TV show for an interview and I really would like to know what they asked him and why everyone was laughing so much with his answers. Please chingu, help me!  

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 11:20 PM, sanaeozora said:

Hi, 

I'm crossposting this from the Please Help Me thread, as it might be more relevant posting this here:

I've found a clip of Yoo Seung-ho's 2012 appearance in Top Gear Korea but I've only found it with Chinese and Vietnamese subtitles. I don't dare ask anyone to produce English subtitles but, if a kind soul who speaks either Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese can help me figure out what they're talking about, I'd be forever grateful.

Many thanks in advance and a great day to you all!

Hi I'm kind of a lurker on here haha but I saw your post and thought I'd attempted to translate since I can understand viet. Sorry though my viet isn't that great but hopefully this much will do

0:11 introduces him as nation’s little brother
0:26 “the guest is a male but this kind of strong reaction is a first”
0:30 “you came to topgear wearing leather”
0:35 “so you’ve been wanting to go on top gear?”
“yes, I’ve wanted to participate in this program, it’s a good program and sunbaenim is mcing it so I’ve come. So right now i’m very happy
0:44 “I asked him ‘do you drive well?’ and he just answered one sentence ‘my skills are no joke’. From then on he would say his skills are great”
“Looks like today is worth the wait”
“That’s right, today is worth the wait”
0:58 “Honestly, the day before coming here usually guests aren’t able to sleep. Is that right? You couldn’t sleep yesterday right?”
“Yes, until the very morning I couldn’t sleep. That..really nervous”

1:22 “You saw the pictures/videos before right? From the 3 cars which one to you like most?”
“Firstly, the Ferrari that sunbaenim drove is really cool, sunbaenim Yeon Jung Hoon’s Jaguar too. But-… I like the Audi R8”
They ask if he likes the brand Audi and he talks about how he thinks its nice, cool, the design etc and that R8 is his favourite model and that it seems very manly
1:54 “What about the Ferrari”
“It’s very cool but sunbaenim’s driving skills are too poor”
“I really like this honest friend”
“Last year when we filmed Warrior Baek together he wasn’t like that. Once this brat became an adult he just likes to tease me”
 2:27 “I always look at positive things so I can have a young image. Sunbaenim always looks at negative things so has an old image”
2:45 “When I looked at the script I really wanted to act with Min Ah noona. I only met her once”
“So that’s why you feel regret. When filming was over I asked him ‘Where is Shin Min Ah most pretty?’”
“Her eyes. It’s really..”
“So it seems compared to Shin Min Ah you like sunbaenim more”
“…”
“Sunbaenim talks to me a lot about sex”
“He even talks to you about sex candidly?”
“It’s no joke”
“What are the topics about sex like?”
“Because it’s too much I’ll summarise into one sentence (sorry couldn’t really understand)”
3:44 “Everyone knows YSH because he acted since he was little. A boy growing up on tv. Now slowly he’s developing so he needs to know what needs to be known”
“Then I’m really curious have you held a girl’s hand before?”
“Why would it just be holding hands? He’s already 20yrs old”
“No, No, then have you kissed?”
“First kiss was in a drama”
“That’s reasonable”
“If that’s the case then in a drama I’ve killed someone before”
4:19 “Then you have never initiated to kiss someone?”
“I know even until now he still doesn’t have a girlfriend”
4:28 “Come out with me one day”
“I want to be bit older when I’m with the girl I really like”
“What was the first thing you did when you turned 20?”
“When 1-1-2012 came I went to the convenience store with my ID and bought alcohol”
4:45 “The person didn't ask me to take my ID out I showed him myself”
5:05 “My house is at Paju and school in Ilsan. Every morning my manager has to pick me up so he gave me the kia so I can drive myself”
“That’s because the manager thought it was a hassle. ‘I can’t take it anymore, you drive yourself to school from now on’. That car has 11 seats. It’s like driving a bus to and from school”
5:47 “Then buy him a car”
“The thing I can do is give you an album”
“If he was to really buy you a car what is the first thing you want to do the most?”
“He’d go to the convenience store to buy alcohol”
“After buying alcohol..to a female high school. After arriving at the gates of a female high school, a girl- ah not a girl..”
“Get to the female high school and then with the girls slowly reveal all your thoughts and feelings, just explode, don’t hold back anymore”
“In front of the gates I want to get to know them one time. Because the car is very seductive if there’s a seductive girl sitting beside then..”
“Give an example of a seductive girl. An example from a singer”
“Hyunah”
“Seems he really likes her. Kept mouthing Hyunah Hyunah”
“Yes I think she’s really seductive and goes well with the car”
7:08 “My goal today is to surpass sunbaenim park jun gyu. But I think it will be really easy”
“Even if you say that I've been driving for many years already. He looks down on me too much. Everyday he nags about my driving skills”
7:26 “ I am really competitive” 
7:44 “It’s really like a little kid driving”
7:59 “I heard the first turn is the hardest”
8:09 “First turn success”
8:29 “I failed this turn”
9:03 “Before starting, when I was in the car I was really nervous. After it was finished I felt really disappointed”
10:09 “I really want to win”
10:21 “You drove really slow. I don’t want him to win either. I also want to keep my reputation”

11:47 “I just think not getting into the 2minute mark is great already. Park jun gyu sunbaenim…-this is the best right now:
12:00 “So these records will always be hung there?” “Yes” “I’m so proud”
12:45 “I am also very proud of him. I’m happy every time I see him, very loveable”

• Like 4

@ser_nt You are an amazing person!!! This is 2000% more than I dared to ask, seriously, you've made my day with this!

Now I'm so happy to read that he actually wanted to be in the show, that's why he was so happy during the interview. He's usually very shy but in this show he was laughing and smiling a lot. Also, I already knew he likes to go for drives during his free time, but he's actually very knowledgeable about cars and has good taste, the Audi R8 is a really cool car. 

This man really is the full package! 

• Like 3

@sanaeozora my apologies. i was tied down to something that i need to do a lot of reading recently... and i honestly really forget about this video clip.. in fact i just read your post half an hour ago.. was trying to proceed to do for the first few mins. then i accidentally scroll down and saw @ser_nt transcript.
thanks to ser_nt. for doing the vietnam translate. i am running thru soem article to prepare something (some project) in case tomorrow onwards i may need it (or maybe don;t need it>> if the result of what i am doing now failed... ).so i was so caught up with the project.. and speed watching thru 16 eps of soemthing....

i really really forget about your TopGear... so so sorry..

i think based on the first few mins that i watched with chinese sub, it seems tally with what ser_nt wrote... unless you want, when i am 'more free' after my "final project" (see tormorrow result which likely shown i may finally can stop my present project). then i will proceed to just look thru the chinese sub of 2:45 onwards...

basically i do not liked the topic goes so 'sexy' hahah,  this is so 'not-Yooseungho". so i will look thru the chinese sub and see what's the diff > let me settle and see by tomorrow am i done with my present project>

mega sorry to sanaeozora. oh dear i betrayed your trust. not gonna seek excuses . sorry again.

Spoiler

will keep this here. in case i need to see it again, for translation in future.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@sanaeozora my apologies. i was tied down to something that i need to do a lot of reading recently... and i honestly really forget about this video clip.. in fact i just read your post half an hour ago.. was trying to proceed to do for the first few mins. then i accidentally scroll down and saw @ser_nt transcript.
thanks to ser_nt. for doing the vietnam translate. i am running thru soem article to prepare something (some project) in case tomorrow onwards i may need it (or maybe don;t need it>> if the result of what i am doing now failed... ).so i was so caught up with the project.. and speed watching thru 16 eps of soemthing....

i really really forget about your TopGear... so so sorry..

i think based on the first few mins that i watched with chinese sub, it seems tally with what ser_nt wrote... unless you want, when i am 'more free' after my "final project" (see tormorrow result which likely shown i may finally can stop my present project). then i will proceed to just look thru the chinese sub of 2:45 onwards...

basically i do not liked the topic goes so 'sexy' hahah,  this is so 'not-Yooseungho". so i will look thru the chinese sub and see what's the diff > let me settle and see by tomorrow am i done with my present project>

mega sorry to sanaeozora. oh dear i betrayed your trust. not gonna seek excuses . sorry again.

Reveal hidden contents

will keep this here. in case i need to see it again, for translation in future.

Oh please sweetie, don't apologise! I was asking for a favour and you did mention you were going to wait for a few days to see if someone else would pick it up, luckily, that was the case! That said, if you're curious to see if the Chinese translation is different from the Vietnamese one and you want to make a post with the differences, I'll be absolutely stoked to read it too.

Regarding the racy tone of the interview, I should probably put it into context: this is Top Gear, I've been a fan of the original, British version for years and I can tell you that the presenters of that one were definitely worse. If anything, I find the Korean version to be pretty tame.

Also, the show is supposed to be one of these testosterone-loaded shows, with boys being boys so it's normal that Yoo Seung-ho let himself be carried by that theme. I'm now speculating madly but, I do think that this version of our boy is probably closer to what his personality is like in real life. Like I mentioned, in other interviews he's always very shy and somewhat awkward, he's expressed in different occasions how he's concerned about the image he gives so he probably keeps himself in check in those interviews.

I'd like to think that the Yoo Seung-ho that hangs out with his middle school friends in PC shops, that goes out for dinner with them at street food vendors, since he doesn't seem to like going to fancy restaurants, and that goes for drives with them when they're bored, the one who helps his friend in the farm, he's probably one who does and talks about what other young men do. I think it's reassuring he does that because living like a normal guy is probably what's kept him so well grounded during his life in spite of the fact he's spent most of it under the lens of countless cameras. This simple lifestyle he's chosen is also probably the reason why he doesn't see himself as a celebrity, and thankfully, it's also probably the reason why he hasn't been involved in any scandal like other celebrities.

I find it infinitely refreshing to see someone like that. He could really be super big headed and arrogant, considering his fame at a very early age, but instead, he's a really humble guy, ready to work harder than anyone, even if it's at helping the staff at the filming site.

It's truly admirable to see, and I kind of wish some celebrities, especially the ones from Hollywood would sit down, watch and learn from this incredibly talented yet humble actor.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

I find it infinitely refreshing to see someone like that. He could really be super big headed and arrogant, considering his fame at a very early age, but instead, he's a really humble guy, ready to work harder than anyone, even if it's at helping the staff at the filming site.

It's truly admirable to see, and I kind of wish some celebrities, especially the ones from Hollywood would sit down, watch and learn from this incredibly talented yet humble actor.

@sanaeozora seems like i will be busy for a week or two at least, i will be back to see whether the chinese sub any diff from the Vietnam sub. all thanks to @ser_nt for saving the 'thirst' knowing the content of that TopGear.
hahah, i think i belong to the conservative kind that will 'old fashion-ly' shake heads over these convo. but i come to accept something, actors like him, who is dying to break thru stereotype, and reach new heights with his acting and try all roles, so with fans like myself, who will 'pull him down' by all kind of restriction i clamp down on him, actually burdened him to worry fans like me unable to accept.
i learnt that. so will be more open, hahaha, say one day he acts as serial killer or extreme villain (not the scarred Harry kinds).. or have some bed scene (Berou and me will cry for sure)... i guess it is just to separate reel from real, simple for business only.

of coz he is humble, and he cares too much how we felt. and he use not social media to promote himself, i appreciate that kind of simplicity.

allow me to disappear for a week , will be back with at least some transcript over that portion (hahaha. i cannot un-seen the part about 'sex'... ahhaha. old fashion me.)
ta-ta! nice to meet you and ser_nt, should be first time we 'talk'! shalom.

• Like 4