Quantcast
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪 [Current Drama: Memorist]

@rahma92 Now I understand why he doesn't present awards at those ceremonies. He is uncomfortable speaking in front of a large crowd. He was very stiff. He even forgot his lines. But he did well for a first time !! 

Indeed he was super handsome, hopefully we will get HD pics from fansites. 

@Berou yes I realized it too. He's so awkward :joy: poor boy, too nervous. 

This is the hd picts

bFrXVQS.jpg

1YwKr8e.jpg

From story' j company

dGvaMU3.jpg

• Like 1

@rahma92 he is dashing :D. He might have  stage fright, who knows.  Every time he is a presenter,  he is nervous and makes mistakes due to his nervousness 

Look how cute his mistakes are here

Memorist BTS

YSH IG story 

Nervously waiting for presenting the award :lol:

• LOL 1

36 minutes ago, ASIANOVELAS CHANNEL said:

i hate TVN. THEY MOVED THE TIMESLOT OF YOO SEUNG HO DRAMA TO LATE NIGHT! BOOO!

Yeah it's too late . 9:30 to 10 :50 :blink:. Who will stay awake until 00:00 to watch a drama in weekdays!!

d7c6dd170a41439da8884d9190ceb1f9.jpeg?s=

tvN Announces Changes To Broadcasting Schedule + Return Of “You Quiz On The Block”

tvN Announces Changes To Broadcasting Schedule + Return Of “You Quiz On The Block”

Feb 3, 2020
by J. Lim

tvN has announced that they will be making changes to their scheduling in order to adapt to changing lifestyle patterns of viewers!

On February 3, tvN announced changes that they will be implementing from March. The change comes as 52-hour work weeks mean that people get off work earlier, which has led to differences in time slots that viewers are tuning in to watch TV. Notable changes include how time slots have been allotted depending on target audiences and genres for dramas, and tvN will be making efforts to have a strong showing in weekday variety shows.

(...)

Wednesday-Thursday dramas will be moved from 9:30 p.m. KST to 10:50 p.m. KST, and dramas that air in this time slot will be tailored to suit the late hour. Yoo Seung Ho and Lee Se Young‘s “Memorist” will premiere on March 11 and is based on a webtoon of the same name, telling the story of a detective with supernatural powers and an elite profiler as they hunt down a serial killer.

Omitted irrelevant parts 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1380844wpp/tvn-announces-changes-to-broadcasting-schedule-return-of-you-quiz-on-the-block

:unsure:

I'm worried, it appears TvN announcement has dampened his spirits. Either TvN is setting him up for failure or confident in him/his drama. 

Why is he always unlucky? First he always got cast against noonas/older actresses. Then when he started getting younger female actresses as his partners, his works got helmed by newbies aka new directors or writers who botched them *eye siding ruler* . Finally when all stars seem to align and we saw some light,  the TV channel had to make a ridiculous decision,  other dramas airing on Mon-Tues or on the weekend have got their original timeslot moved to either 9PM or 10 PM. Why has TvN decided to move Wed-Tues  dramas to 10:50 PM, instead of 9 or 10 PM ? 

Edit : The only explanation of the timeslot change is the age restriction. Maybe the drama will be age restricted ? I mean one of the directors has helmed thriller/horror movies, so the tonality of the drama could be dark, hence the age restriction. Alike dramas such as the guest , Save Me or The Priest, they were all aired pretty late ( around 11PM) and did  well. But the channel was OCN though. . Lastly, the Wed-Thurs timeslot was created when Criminal minds (Korea) got aired back in 2017. CM had the same timeslot as Memorist and the two first eps generated decent ratings ( 5-4 %) , so I wish the same for Memorist , a start with 5-4% ratings. Thus, I guess things don't look so bad. 

Edited by Berou
  • Sad 1

On a side note, I'm happy to see yoopies efforts. They are spamming the comments section of TvN IG  expressing their disappointment and requesting TvN to reconsider their decision 

• Love 1

7dc9192cbf63452fa66993b76d004b8c.jpeg?s=

Watch: Yoo Seung Ho And Lee Se Young Hunt For A Killer In 1st Thrilling Teaser For “Memorist”

Watch: Yoo Seung Ho And Lee Se Young Hunt For A Killer In 1st Thrilling Teaser For “Memorist”

Feb 15, 2020
by J. Lim

tvN’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Memorist” has releasing a thrilling teaser that raises anticipation for what’s to come!

“Memorist” is based on a webtoon of the same name as is the story of Dong Baek (Yoo Seung Ho), a detective with the supernatural ability to read memories, and Han Sun Mi, a genius profiler, as they band together to hunt down a serial killer.

The teaser gives a preview of the action that viewers can expect from the show, with the words, “A state certified hero the world has never seen before has appeared.” The teaser is atmospheric and tense, showing Dong Baek and Han Sun Mi working hard to solve their case.

“Memorist” is set to premiere in March.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383133wpp/watch-yoo-seung-ho-and-lee-se-young-hunt-for-a-killer-in-1st-thrilling-teaser-for-memorist

To note the teaser was released around noon in SK but was still No1 of top trends in naver at 11 PM :blush:

• Awesome 1

YSH at Seoul Music Awards 

• Love 1

OMG what a good news! @Berou YSH will be back to movie! I'm so happy!

But why there's no news in english? Really want to know about the synopsis of firehouse. 

And after watch Memorist trailer, I think you're right about this.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, Berou said:

The only explanation of the timeslot change is the age restriction. Maybe the drama will be age restricted ? I mean one of the directors has helmed thriller/horror movies, so the tonality of the drama could be dark, hence the age restriction.

Yoo Seungho's power! Thanks for sharing :blush:

11 hours ago, Berou said:

To note the teaser was released around noon in SK but was still No1 of top trends in naver at 11 PM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

OMG what a good news! @Berou YSH will be back to movie! I'm so happy!

But why there's no news in english? Really want to know about the synopsis of firehouse. 

And after watch Memorist trailer, I think you're right about this.

Yoo Seungho's power! Thanks for sharing :blush:

There is no eng news :(. All we know is the story will be about firemen/firefighters, the director is Kwak Kyung Taek who is best known for his hit movie Friends and is the brother of Parasite producer ( I would have been delighted if someone of Parasite was linked lol ).He is a good director, his thrillers have good reception.  It seems like YSH has decided to do thrillers  about professions such as detective, fireman, etc. He is now into thrillers. 

I was surprised, I thought the drama would be darker actually. But I could feel the director's touch with the goosebumps inducing background music. Maybe there will be a bit of violence and the drama will become darker as the plot unfolds.  We'll see, I can't wait for it.

YSH IG update

He tried to take a selca but failed lol.why is he so cute ?? 

Aaron Yan left a comment :o. Never in my wildest dreams I could have imagined it. Surreal. 

Kwak Dong Yeon told him that they should meet :lol:. He is the one who " taught" YSH how to take selfies on MSH set.

• Love 1

@rahma92 I didn't get the same reaction as you when I first saw the poster. I was like :o then :huh: then :blink:

TvN has ruined the posters, especially this one. That's supposed to be a poster for a serious,  mystery, thriller drama. Sadly, I don't get those vibes from it.  A bit worrying that the tv channel or production company couldn't get the RIGHT genre on posters. Last time TvN botched some posters of a drama, that drama turned out to be a failure.