Quantcast
Jump to content
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪 [completed drama : Bok Soo's back / My Strange Hero]

Recommended Posts

 
 
 
8 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Yoo Seung Ho In Talks To Star As Male Lead Of New Romantic Comedy

 

Yoo Seung Ho is working on selecting his next project!

 

On May 22, industry representatives reported that Yoo Seung Ho is will be starring as the male lead in “Superstar Miss Lee” (working title).

 

In response to the reports, his agency BS Company clarified, “‘Superstar Miss Lee’ is one of the projects that he is considering.”

 

Based on a Naver web novel of the same name, “Superstar Miss Lee” is a romantic comedy about Lee Yeo Jung, an employee of P Shopping whose soul becomes exchanged with a top actress after she gets involved in an accident.

 

Yoo Seung Ho has received the offer to play Im Jung Woo, Marketing Manager of P Shopping and the youngest son of P Group’s owner. Not only does he come from a wealthy family, but he also boasts a strong educational background and perfect looks. The character is expected to capture hearts through his romance with Lee Yeo Jung.

 

“Superstar Miss Lee” is expected to air in the latter half of this year or in early 2020.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326475wpp/yoo-seung-ho-in-talks-to-star-as-male-lead-of-new-romantic-comedy

Thanks for the news! 

Oh! Rom-com! again! what to say.. many of us here might be overwhelm by this news! I don't know what to say.. wealthy background, perfect look and romance it all sound so familiar! I am sorry to say that I wish he will not pick this project, I can see many yoopies really happy to see him in another romcom! but.. I am not!!! oh.. it there no other 'more challenging' roles to offer! :confounded: 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:59 AM, WoozyPrincess said:

I want to see him in several roles but suited for his age such as

1) troubled young man (Uni or a couple of years out of school) - could be a biker, a gangster, a rebel chaebol -

2) Arrogant chaebol maneuvring the cut throat biz world

3) A detective/spy ala mission impossible/Bourne

4) A soldier

 

BAsically all those manly hawt roles

 

The genre can be thriller, crime, romance, angst .. just not romcom

Yes, please. my personal favourite is no 3! Seungho Bourne! wow... if that really happen. :)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess its time to flip the tables :lol:

Like everyone else here I'm disappointed. This is going to be his third romcom if he accepts. Moreover it has all the clichés : rich guy vs. poor girl. Even romcoms aired on cable tv struggle to get high ratings. I'm going to pass his drama again if he accepts, unless I hear positive critical reviews.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, debbiechan said:

A body swap rom com?  Why .... am I not laughing?   :bawling:

 

 

It's better to laugh than crying ^_^

I guess the poor girl is a plain Jane and the superstar is arrogant,haughty and superficial but extremely beautiful. Once their bodies swap up, the chaebol will finally notice the beauty inside of the poor girl and will fall in love with her without knowing about the body swap up. The superstar will learn to be modest and be more considerate while living inside the body of the poor girl. 

 

It feels like the synopsis of some dramas I've already watched. Everything is so cliché. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I JUST got the news that Yoo Seung Ho is considering third rom com in a row???!!!  I wasnt even able to sit through the whole of  My Strange Hero. I got nothing against him wanting to play lighter roles than his past but honestly I'd love to see him try different genres . He is a very talented actor, he can do wonders with good script. I hope he gives this a pass but chances dont look so high. I wonder if we will ever get to see him in a good drama? Is it too much to ask for?  I'd love to see him grow more as an actor, try out different genres action, thriller, suspense, fiction etc etc  As a fan I do want a good drama, fame and success for him. Sigh I wish him luck though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 5:59 AM, WoozyPrincess said:

I want to see him in several roles but suited for his age such as

1) troubled young man (Uni or a couple of years out of school) - could be a biker, a gangster, a rebel chaebol -

2) Arrogant chaebol maneuvring the cut throat biz world

3) A detective/spy ala mission impossible/Bourne

4) A soldier

 

BAsically all those manly hawt roles

 

The genre can be thriller, crime, romance, angst .. just not romcom

All your options are nice and yes I second you on this. Any genre but just not romcom. He has already done two in a row. He got the change he wanted. I really wanted him to experiment, to try something else, something new now. Tbh I wouldnt mind seeing him as a vampire even lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This page said he got 4 offers. But this superstar miss lee is the only one got leaked. Okey Im curious if all 4 offers are romcom, then YSH didnt have any choice. If this one got leaked, its mean there's high possibility he will said yes too (except we got another news about drama offer).  

I tired with romcom, but if he take it I hope his character not typical flower boy anymore. 

It will be a good thing if good actress taking this drama, this fan page said Top Actress positively reviewing. Any idea? Is there any top actresses who still free? PSH? HHJ? If one of them taking this drama I will totally give it chance.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked for the writer's credits, not a rookie but it doesn't sound good. I wonder why would a top actress choose to work with a writer that doesn't have any notable work ? 

Btw Yoo Seung Ho fan discussion's admin is korean drama portal's admin and korean portal drama often posts fake news, hence I avoid posting anything coming from that media. 

 

We're not the only ones disappointed, his korean fans on DC ( korean forum) are not happy either. They are asking him to reject the offer. 

 

Lastly I read from korean fans that the production company is the one that produced Ruler :huh:.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Berou said:
I looked for the writer's credits, not a rookie but it doesn't sound good. I wonder why would a top actress choose to work with a writer that doesn't have any notable work ? 

Btw Yoo Seung Ho fan discussion's admin is korean drama portal's admin and korean portal drama often posts fake news, hence I avoid posting anything coming from that media. 

 

We're not the only ones disappointed, his korean fans on DC ( korean forum) are not happy either. They are asking him to reject the offer. 

 

Lastly I read from korean fans that the production company is the same that produced Ruler :huh:.

 

Tbh I wont deny that I am not happy either. No big star will choose to work with a team having no notable works. Everyone wants the best for their career afterall (well mostly). I really dont wanna sound gloomy here but if what you have written above is true then I dunno the future of this drama looks bleak :(

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Yoo Seung Ho In Talks To Star As Male Lead Of New Romantic Comedy

 

Yoo Seung Ho is working on selecting his next project!

 

On May 22, industry representatives reported that Yoo Seung Ho is will be starring as the male lead in “Superstar Miss Lee” (working title).

 

In response to the reports, his agency BS Company clarified, “‘Superstar Miss Lee’ is one of the projects that he is considering.”

 

Based on a Naver web novel of the same name, “Superstar Miss Lee” is a romantic comedy about Lee Yeo Jung, an employee of P Shopping whose soul becomes exchanged with a top actress after she gets involved in an accident.

 

Yoo Seung Ho has received the offer to play Im Jung Woo, Marketing Manager of P Shopping and the youngest son of P Group’s owner. Not only does he come from a wealthy family, but he also boasts a strong educational background and perfect looks. The character is expected to capture hearts through his romance with Lee Yeo Jung.

 

“Superstar Miss Lee” is expected to air in the latter half of this year or in early 2020.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326475wpp/yoo-seung-ho-in-talks-to-star-as-male-lead-of-new-romantic-comedy

I was excited that he is selecting his next project.. but another rom-com!!! Jebal.. anything but rom com

10 hours ago, debbiechan said:

A body swap rom com?  Why .... am I not laughing?   :bawling:

 

 

I'll join you...:bawling::bawling::bawling:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Berou said:

It's better to laugh than crying ^_^

I guess the poor girl is a plain Jane and the superstar is arrogant,haughty and superficial but extremely beautiful. Once their bodies swap up, the chaebol will finally notice the beauty inside of the poor girl and will fall in love with her without knowing about the body swap up. The superstar will learn to be modest and be more considerate while living inside the body of the poor girl. 

 

It feels like the synopsis of some dramas I've already watched. Everything is so cliché. 

yeah.. definitely sounds like it. Com'on BS.. guide him to a better drama!!!

3 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

OMG I JUST got the news that Yoo Seung Ho is considering third rom com in a row???!!!  I wasnt even able to sit through the whole of  My Strange Hero. I got nothing against him wanting to play lighter roles than his past but honestly I'd love to see him try different genres . He is a very talented actor, he can do wonders with good script. I hope he gives this a pass but chances dont look so high. I wonder if we will ever get to see him in a good drama? Is it too much to ask for?  I'd love to see him grow more as an actor, try out different genres action, thriller, suspense, fiction etc etc  As a fan I do want a good drama, fame and success for him. Sigh I wish him luck though.

Hey.. you love my all time favourite character. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Its romcom again! I hope he decline this. Need something new!

Yes, I really wish he will decline it! He said no more Romcom after IANAR.. then MSH! now another Romcom!! no.. get something different!

If he accept it! then I will begining to believe he don't get many offer! but if he accepted it, I will really worried his future! third Romcom in a row! It will not give him any favour! 

 

3 hours ago, rahma92 said:

This page said he got 4 offers. But this superstar miss lee is the only one got leaked. Okey Im curious if all 4 offers are romcom, then YSH didnt have any choice. If this one got leaked, its mean there's high possibility he will said yes too (except we got another news about drama offer).  

I tired with romcom, but if he take it I hope his character not typical flower boy anymore. 

It will be a good thing if good actress taking this drama, this fan page said Top Actress positively reviewing. Any idea? Is there any top actresses who still free? PSH? HHJ? If one of them taking this drama I will totally give it chance.

If Han Hyo Joo taking this drama I will definitely watch it all the way with cheers! but will this ever happen!!

 

11 hours ago, Berou said:

It's better to laugh than crying ^_^

I guess the poor girl is a plain Jane and the superstar is arrogant,haughty and superficial but extremely beautiful. Once their bodies swap up, the chaebol will finally notice the beauty inside of the poor girl and will fall in love with her without knowing about the body swap up. The superstar will learn to be modest and be more considerate while living inside the body of the poor girl. 

 

It feels like the synopsis of some dramas I've already watched. Everything is so cliché. 

Don't even find the story interesting! very cheesy! YSH please don't take this offer! 

 

53 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

yeah.. definitely sounds like it. Com'on BS.. guide him to a better drama!!!

Hey.. you love my all time favourite character. 

Yes, BS should advice him for a better choice! why 3 Romcom in a row!! think about it!! why YSH said he is too young to play a doctor! why!! He don't want something too serious? so he go for another Romcom! hope this is a fake news!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

 

Hey.. you love my all time favourite character. 

 

Quote

 @WoozyPrincess Hi..really? Yes I did (still do) loved Yeo Woon's character to bits! He is my all time favourite too (hence my username lol) but yeah I did wished  (*tentative* you might disagree with me on this, I've had far too many disagreements over his death outside this forum but never mind) he hadnt died like that. I'd never want such a sad ending for any other Yoo Seung Ho's character. Ever.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, See Wong said:

Yes, BS should advice him for a better choice! why 3 Romcom in a row!! think about it!! why YSH said he is too young to play a doctor! why!! He don't want something too serious? so he go for another Romcom! hope this is a fake news!

 

I hope its fake too. I dont know about others but  I have rarely seen leaked news like these to be fake. They only get leaked when its almost confirmed :( I might be wrong though...

 Yes its obvious that he doesnt wants to do anything too serious but I had hoped that he would find  some middle ground and  would do something which is neither too serious nor too light, a combination of both maybe ? (Personally I'd love to see him in an action thriller, something with adrenaline rush or a fantasy show even)  but he seems to be interested in romcoms.only :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hoped it was a belated April's fool....

 The news being leaked with a writer's name means there is high possibility YSH will accept it and he is in advanced talks. 

I'm starting to get really worried about his future, and even an agency change doesn't make it better. It is the same.

He should ditch dramas and focus solely on movies, even doing smaller roles. We know he has no problems taking non leads as long as his role is good. Some actors had flopped dramas and decided to film only movies. He will not be the first one. Many actors don't bother doing dramas, I dont blame them since a lot of dramas are shallow and offer no meat to grab on. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Err I guess everyone in here didnt like it.

Unpopular opinion for me:

 

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/05/22/yoo-seung-ho-the-male-lead-for-rom-com-k-drama-super-star-ms-lee/

Looks like this is not just pure romcom, its fantasy too. This is a good thing. 

Honestly, I dont felt the plot is cheesy, it sound interisting for me :sweatingbullets: 

The female lead will hard carried this drama too, I hope they cast a good one. (Im not sure about this top actreess rumour)

the PD from ruler and doctors, so the drama will be more heavy, another a good thing for me. (I dont have any problems with this PD). My problem just YSH's character, tho we still dont know if he will become a cold type or a cute one, I want him in mature character, but the description kinda...

Did someone already read the novel? I really want to confirm his character. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

 

 

 

Yeah.. I didnt like his death. There wasn't a need for his death at all. It was unnecessary.

 

I'm still waiting for a different news.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry that's a NO for me. Even his japanese fans are worried.

Just seeing Ruler's name attached makes me facepalm. I don't know what  Ms. koala meant by production team : PD or production company ? 

Reading the detailed plot doesnt give me some hope, I got a few things right : plain Jane poor employee vs. Beautiful superstar.  

It's a very shallow drama that focuses heavily on the beauty and the wealth. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Yeah.. I didnt like his death. There wasn't a need for his death at all. It was unnecessary.

 

I'm still waiting for a different news.. 

 

Yes exactly thats what, it was so unnecessary, meaningless and contradictory to the whole build up of there is no such thing as fate :(  Sigh.

Anyways yes same here still hoping for some different news but almost sure the leaked news is confirmed otherwise it wouldnt have been leaked in the first place + soompi is pretty much an authentic site I guess but I dunno...  I'm not hoping too high for something different but lets see, hope he changes his decision.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...