Quantcast
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪 [completed drama : Bok Soo's back / My Strange Hero]

6 hours ago, Berou said:

I am not a fan who cares about the popularity of his partners or if they have gotten recognition before being paired with him. My only requirment is that they do their job well and I don't find myself cringing throughout the drama because of their acting. An actress can be popular without being a good actress. So I choose acting skills over popularity or anything else. However I reckon that if the actress is popular, it is going to be easier to achieve higher ratings and YSH will have less the burden. He promoted IANAR alone after its run, so all the burden to promote and sell the drama was on his shoulders. The ideal actress is someone who is popular and a very good actress. Sadly only few actresses make to list on my terms. 

Yeah there are many detectives dramas, as well as fantasy dramas. But YSH has done none of them, so I want him to do one. I said detective and fantasy because there were the first genres that came to my mind. Speaking of genres,K-dramaland isn't diverse, there are many legals, medicals, fantasy, sageuks, fantasy, thrillers dramas. The genres are limited and original dramas are very rare. I am okay with a detective,  a fantasy, a thriller or medical drama as long as the story is engaging and brings something new. @See Wong's idea  sounds very good ! Detective dramas about a mole are rare ! I already can see how the story would unfold : a police is a mole in a crime organization in order to  gather evidence and arrest the leader, but then he meets a woman who turns out to be daughter of the leader and he falls in love with her, unbeknown to him she has killed his sister. So he goes through shock when he learns about it, but it is too late as he is already deeply in love with her. From that he develops a love-hate relationship with her and even tries to kill her. The woman is conflicted : she is condemned to make a choice,whether to betray his father or side with the police officer. A series of betrayals and rescues follow as she can't bring herself to make a choice...... I can go on and write all the story lol :lol:.

korean channels tv have small budgets, so I doubt that one day they will produce something like LOTR, GoT. The one channels who has big pockets and willing to spend money is TVn but even TVn dramas are sometimes a miss and the CG effects are bad. Memories of Alhambra was well produced despite a suckish ending, but it took 7 months to produce a 25 billion won drama.

@see wong, BTW in case you don't know, it is against rules to quote images as images use data and soompi staff tries to limit that by forbidding images quoting. 

@Berou Haha.. I don't mind!! you may write your scripts here!! I will like to read it! :) 

Oh! I never imagine Kdrama will created something like LOTR or GOT! Memories of Alhambra is good enough for me! I just wish YSH will get something like that! I will turn off the TV if he get another RomCom! talk about budgets! do you know how much YSH get paid!! I try to find it but never succeed! He still living with his parents!! He might not be as rich as we thought!! he may have spend too much on his car!!?? hahaha

Oh! I am so sorry I did not know the rules! I shall not repeat it again!! thanks for letting me know! Thanks!

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 8:25 PM, See Wong said:

and this red lips!

Actually YSH just too perfect! No need make up to make him better! the Chubby one actually quite cute!

OMG, yess please no red lips anymore :joy:  

6 hours ago, Berou said:

I am not a fan who cares about the popularity of his partners or if they have gotten recognition before being paired with him. My only requirment is that they do their job well and I don't find myself cringing throughout the drama because of their acting. An actress can be popular without being a good actress. So I choose acting skills over popularity or anything else. However I reckon that if the actress is popular, it is going to be easier to achieve higher ratings and YSH will have less the burden. He promoted IANAR alone after its run, so all the burden to promote and sell the drama was on his shoulders. The ideal actress is someone who is popular and a very good actress. Sadly only few actresses make to list on my terms. 

About IANAR there's many negative's review when the drama aired, even my sister saying that the drama was boring, but I still give it a try for YSH. Unfortunately after watched 2 ep, I still not in into the drama. :( 
Talking about actrees and popularity, Maybe because I watched too many drama these days, there's many rookie actors who actually end up dissapoint me and made me wondering how they become the main lead. I actually prefer YSH with senior actrees, with the same class with him, because he deserved it. So its more like I'm not interisting with the female lead, and even IANAR's plot cant help it.

korean channels tv have small budgets, so I doubt that one day they will produce something like LOTR, GoT. The one channels who has big pockets and willing to spend money is TVn but even TVn dramas are sometimes a miss and the CG effects are bad. Memories of Alhambra was well produced despite a suckish ending, but it took 7 months to produce a 25 billion won drama.

Spoiler

Netflix help Memories of Alhambra for their budget, thats why they have better CG. And if netflix decide not buying your drama, of course you need super popular hallyu actor to make many investor give their money for your drama (Asdal, Encounter) or maybe an actor from a big company that can back up your drama (Vagabond). This is what I realize about fantasy drama. If YSH will take one, I hope it will have a good CG like MOA, not something like Hwayugi or Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter   

On 3/21/2019 at 11:55 PM, See Wong said:

Yoo Seung Ho is a bit different! he is not that type of actor enjoy being special! treat him like a super star! he is very low profile, I think he is much enjoying to be an actor, an honourable actor rather than a movie star! but he is not alone! I can name a few others quite like him! Actress Han Hyo-joo is similar with YSH! very low profile! I am agree with you, the more popular the actor is the more choice he going to get! more offer he can chose! I think YSH is very respectable actor in Korea! he is very positive in almost every way! but yes, his latest project wasn't that great! carry on like that for a few more projects he may lost his ability of influerence! so he has to be really careful with his choice for next project! think about it!! I am quite worry.. he sometime make.. Ahh!! hopefully not! let see if BS Company will bring him to another level! and we all wish him LUCK this time! :) 

When we talking about special treatment, its mean more various drama offers, high budget's drama, big writers, better project. Actor popularity not in the same as Idol, I think actor fans is more 'kind' to their bias, they will respect his privacy. Yes actor like Jisung is the best example too. And eventho you're popular you still can stay low like Sojisub :D Yes lets hope the best, now I really want him to take a movie for his next project. :P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, See Wong said:

Haha.. I don't mind!! you may write your scripts here!! I will like to read it! :) 

Oh! I never imagine Kdrama will created something like LOTR or GOT! Memories of Alhambra is good enough for me! I just wish YSH will get something like that! I will turn off the TV if he get another RomCom! talk about budgets! do you know how much YSH get paid!! I try to find it but never succeed! He still living with his parents!! He might not be as rich as we thought!! he may have spend too much on his car!!?? hahaha

Oh! I am so sorry I did not know the rules! I shall not repeat it again!! thanks for letting me know! Thanks!

Talking about Game of thrones 
https://www.kstarlive.com/article/2019/03/04/song-joongki-and-kim-jiwon-s-upcoming-drama-asadal-chronicles-reported-to-have-a-budget-of-krw-40-billion-said-to-be-the-korean-version-of-game-of-thrones-189008

lol I can felt how thirsty you are about YSH. Do you know how many CF YSH have right now? 

7 hours ago, See Wong said:

@Berou Haha.. I don't mind!! you may write your scripts here!! I will like to read it! :) 

I also tried to know how much he gets paid but there are no official reports sadly. I know about other actors http://m.kpopline.com/top-10-highest-paid-korean-actors-1185.html

So I guess it is safe to assume he charges around 30-40 million won ? 

Haha. Living with his parents is very common in Korea actually, many koreans live with their parents until they get married. It is a cultural thing. So to koreans, if someone still stays at home,  it is not surprising. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Great! I am looking forward to it, hopefully it won't get too disappointed! Nah.. I will never compare anything to GoT! GoT is Classic Fantasy TV series at it best!! Notthing can come close to GoT!! umm.. If they can come close to Penny Dreadful I will be greteful!

Hehehehe.. The more he go hiding the more I want to know what he is up to!! :)  haha He actually has quite a lot CF! I count it on his Korean Wiki!! I dont know what CF is but it's count 30! but mostly is pre army! After his Military service he only has six! the NH card was his last!! nothing after that! 

4 hours ago, Berou said:

I also tried to know how much he gets paid but there are no official reports sadly. I know about other actors http://m.kpopline.com/top-10-highest-paid-korean-actors-1185.html

So I guess it is safe to assume he charges around 30-40 million won ? 

Haha. Living with his parents is very common in Korea actually, many koreans live with their parents until they get married. It is a cultural thing. So to koreans, if someone still stays at home,  it is not surprising. 

OK, let do a simple maths! let say he take 35000 per episode! may be he take less in Remember era! lets say round 30000! before Army I think he take much less so we dont count it! after army he makes two film! IM, Remember, Ruler, IANAR, MSH.. 8+20+40+32+16 =116  x 32000 = 3712000! 3.7 million USD! plus two films plus a few CF! let's said it round to 5 millions! (that's a lots for normal folks! but not compare to others! so much less compare to Chinese actors standard! ) a apartment in Seoul cost around USD2 millions!! so he can buy a good house! and a lots of money left for cars!! :) 

Umm.. the way he is! He might have to stay with parents for quite a long times!! :) imagine living with YSH! seeing him with lots of bad habbits! it would be fun! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, See Wong said:

OK, let do a simple maths! let say he take 35000 per episode! may be he take less in Remember era! lets say round 30000! before Army I think he take much less so we dont count it! after army he makes two film! IM, Remember, Ruler, IANAR, MSH.. 8+20+40+32+16 =116  x 32000 = 3712000! 3.7 million USD! plus two films plus a few CF! let's said it round to 5 millions! (that's a lots for normal folks! but not compare to others! so much less compare to Chinese actors standard! ) a apartment in Seoul cost around USD2 millions!! so he can buy a good house! and a lots of money left for cars!! :) 

Umm.. the way he is! He might have to stay with parents for quite a long times!! :) imagine living with YSH! seeing him with lots of bad habbits! it would be fun! :) 

You're forget about his fanmeeting.

I think YSH got paid more than that,  45k-50k maybe? this is the update one.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/heres-much-lee-byung-hun-park-bo-gum-hyun-bin-getting-paid-2018-dramas/ no YSH tho

Other actor live with his family too btw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, See Wong said:

Hehehehe.. The more he go hiding the more I want to know what he is up to!! :)  haha He actually has quite a lot CF! I count it on his Korean Wiki!! I dont know what CF is but it's count 30! but mostly is pre army! After his Military service he only has six! the NH card was his last!! nothing after that

I  am also curious to know what he is up to. But if I start thinking about it, I will end up thinking about him more and more,and will be very impatient to get my hands on the slightest news haha. I actually like that he goes into hiding,  it allows his fans to focus on themselves and live their life. When he comes back, we all gather to support him.

How do you know NH card didn't renew the contract ? 

2 hours ago, See Wong said:

OK, let do a simple maths! let say he take 35000 per episode! may be he take less in Remember era! lets say round 30000! before Army I think he take much less so we dont count it! after army he makes two film! IM, Remember, Ruler, IANAR, MSH.. 8+20+40+32+16 =116  x 32000 = 3712000! 3.7 million USD! plus two films plus a few CF! let's said it round to 5 millions

I am lost. Wow. How did you come up with those numbers ? It is very hard to estimate how much he gets paid and his earnings. If you want to count, you need to start with his debut projects ... YSH is very private and has never talked about money. 

BS company  has finally put up YSH 's filmography  on the website ! 

I really like their choice of his photo profile !!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Berou said:

Yeah! Finally they do something! :) I really hoping there will be something great to happen to our cutipie! stop wasting time playing with his cats! and racing car!! hahaha do something great before you reach 30!! Don't know how much BS company can control/influence YSH to do something new! so.. I wish YSH will make a movie and appear in a reality show, like 3 Meals a day or cabin in the wood! 

Yes, very stylish profile picture! I actually wish they have a new picture of him!! :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Berou said:

I  am also curious to know what he is up to. But if I start thinking about it, I will end up thinking about him more and more,and will be very impatient to get my hands on the slightest news haha. I actually like that he goes into hiding,  it allows his fans to focus on themselves and live their life. When he comes back, we all gather to support him.

How do you know NH card didn't renew the contract ? 

I am lost. Wow. How did you come up with those numbers ? It is very hard to estimate how much he gets paid and his earnings. If you want to count, you need to start with his debut projects ... YSH is very private and has never talked about money. 

Hahahaha that's is funny to know that you end up thinking YSH more and more until you lost your patient! so you rather he go hiding to give you some space to calm down!! hahha that's funny!! I check his Ins almost 3-4 times a day!! just want to see if he update something new!! but only found he gave some likes to somebody!! and following another friend! he total following 30 friends now!! does that count an updating!!! I am wonder!! :)

Yeah.. We will always support him! we need more fans to support him! 

Umm.. I read something on Weibo about he did not renew his contract with NH card! NH card has sign up Jung Hae-in! but I am not entirely sure!! I check on youtube trying to see the new CF but found nothing yet!

Sorry!! I just being in funny mood trying to figure out how much did YSH make!! :)  He once said he coming from a poor family! and that explain why he start his career so young at 6!! so I believed the family need him to make some money! until he in his teenage he once said his mother agree he can stop acting in his teenage but she may have forgotten so he continue acting! so his child to teenage years! he dont earn much for himself! oh.. I remember he said his mum buy lego for him to make him acting! haha and his famous 8000 Won weekly pocket money!! He may make some money during his late teen! but I just want to focus on him after his Military service! and I believed he earn so much more after he is an adult actor! so I just do this simple maths!! simply guessing how much he has worth! nothing too serious!! I just being silly! at least we know he is no longer poor! in fact he is quite wealthy now! he deserved every penny of it! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Berou said:

Wow handsome!

Seeing BS company updating SIG Fanmeeting in their IG, I think they're not that bad! 

Now I will just waiting patiently for YSH next project! *please no romcom*

1qsApuS.gif

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rahma92 said:

You're forget about his fanmeeting.

I think YSH got paid more than that,  45k-50k maybe? this is the update one.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/heres-much-lee-byung-hun-park-bo-gum-hyun-bin-getting-paid-2018-dramas/ no YSH tho

Other actor live with his family too btw.

Umm.. I dont really think fan meeting will make a lots of money! I knew he once donated all the money from fan meeting for Japan earthquake! I forgot the number but its somewhere around USD20000! I do hope YSH get more paid! but I dont think he get there yet! TvN/Netflix is subscription TV and Netflix is worldwide!! not surprise they can pay so much higher salary than KBS/MBC/SBS! Park Bo-gum doing really well!! same age as YSH but he did real well! he top Forbes Korean celebrity list on the 2018!! YSH never get into the top 20 list!! but now.. I wonder what make PBG top the list!!?? 

4 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

Wow handsome!

Seeing BS company updating SIG Fanmeeting in their IG, I think they're not that bad! 

Wow.. That very handsome Harry Borrison!!! 

• Like 1

Yeah! Finally they do something! :) I really hoping there will be something great to happen to our cutipie! stop wasting time playing with his cats! and racing car!! hahaha do something great before you reach 30!! Don't know how much BS company can control/influence YSH to do something new! so.. I wish YSH will make a movie and appear in a reality show, like 3 Meals a day or cabin in the wood! 

Yes, very stylish profile picture! I actually wish they have a new picture of him!! :) 

Hope too before he reach 30 he do something great. I believe BS company gives him a lot of freedom since he is off the grid now. They let him to breathe, rest and give a lot of free time. 

I also expected them to post a new pic. Nevertheless they chose well, this is one of my favourite pics in LA. I also like the one where he is holding the perfume bottle, atelier de cologne, near a window. 

Hahahaha that's is funny to know that you end up thinking YSH more and more until you lost your patient

I can become very impatient. Haha. You are making it difficult for me to not start thinking about when he will choose his next project lol. YSH in ninja mode means for me going back to my daily life :). Hence I am not very active nowadays.

I read something on Weibo about he did not renew his contract with NH card! NH card has sign up Jung Hae-in! but I am not entirely sure!! I check on youtube trying to see the new CF but found nothing yet!

I just checked NH card insta and I am disappointed !!! True! Jung Hae In is the new model. I don't mind since I understand it is only a business relationship and it is actually good that YSH was a model for a 1.5 year, usually CF contracts 's lenghth is a year, some even expire after 6 months. When YSH modelled for petizel and baskin robbins for example, it was only for 6 months. What I am disapppointed  about is that NH deleted all their YSH posts. I scrolled down their insta and they have deleted the advertisement pics, the CF and everything else that YSH modelled for, as if once the business relationship is over they say sayonara and pretend the actor has never agreed to model for them. 

Sorry!! I just being in funny mood trying to figure out how much did YSH make

You dont need to apologize. I didn't get mad.  I think it is understandable to be curious about how much he makes. You did make a good point,  we can firmly say he earns a lot but lesser than his peers. But he has been working since childhood and saved a lot then. He was more active pre-army though. He used to do 2/3 projects per year. He is certainly a rich millionaire with millions saved on his bank account lol. 

50 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

Yeah saw SIG fanmeeting ! It is a good sign,  they are more active in insta than before. They also have a twitter account now. They need to create a YT channel too, and post videos of actors like other agencies. They are on the down low compared to other agencies and promote less their talents. 

Joining you ! No rom com please !! Anything but rom-com ! Rom-com is my most disliked genre and bad dramas like MSH, didn't help my dislike to go away ! 

• Like 2

Umm.. I dont really think fan meeting will make a lots of money! I knew he once donated all the money from fan meeting for Japan earthquake! I forgot the number but its somewhere around USD20000! I do hope YSH get more paid! but I dont think he get there yet! TvN/Netflix is subscription TV and Netflix is worldwide!! not surprise they can pay so much higher salary than KBS/MBC/SBS! Park Bo-gum doing really well!! same age as YSH but he did real well! he top Forbes Korean celebrity list on the 2018!! YSH never get into the top 20 list!! but now.. I wonder what make PBG top the list!!?? 

Wow.. That very handsome Harry Borrison!!! 

Yess Harry Borrison is handsome!!!! :wub: 

Oh really? I think its depend of capacity, idol make a lot money because of their concert. Actor have more small capacity, but I dont know how many fans who came to YSH's FM :sweatingbullets: if there's 3000 people, I think you can get like USD100000. Actor's fanmeeting is expensive too. 

Spoiler

Yes PBG doing really well, actually he top forbes in 2017, but still in top 10 in 2018. He have two big hit drama in 2016, and people love his attitude when he appeared in reality show. He become insanely popular and always give influence in everywhere. Thats why he can top korean forbes. :D        

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Berou said:

I can become very impatient. Haha. You are making it difficult for me to not start thinking about when he will choose his next project lol. YSH in ninja mode means for me going back to my daily life :). Hence I am not very active nowadays.

Yeah saw SIG fanmeeting ! It is a good sign,  they are more active in insta than before. They also have a twitter account now. They need to create a YT channel too, and post videos of actors like other agencies. They are on the down low compared to other agencies and promote less their talents. 

Joining you ! No rom com please !! Anything but rom-com ! Rom-com is my most disliked genre and bad dramas like MSH, didn't help my dislike to go away ! 

:sweatingbullets: actually get an update from my bias its like a vitamin for me. Give me energy!

Yes yes no ROMCOM anymore! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Yess Harry Borrison is handsome!!!! :wub: 

Oh really? I think its depend of capacity, idol make a lot money because of their concert. Actor have more small capacity, but I dont know how many fans who came to YSH's FM :sweatingbullets: if there's 3000 people, I think you can get like USD100000. Actor's fanmeeting is expensive too. 

Hide contents

Yes PBG doing really well, actually he top forbes in 2017, but still in top 10 in 2018. He have two big hit drama in 2016, and people love his attitude when he appeared in reality show. He become insanely popular and always give influence in everywhere. Thats why he can top korean forbes. :D        

The ticket price for the Fan meeting in Japan this May is JPY10800. around 97USD! a Japanese fan tell me the capacity is around 1200, and there will be a handshake for everybody! so its won't be too many people!  so you can count how much it makes! plus there is so many staff and the venue to pay for!! and I always has a feeling YSH do not want to make money for his fans meeting! he truely appreciated his fans and want to say thanks to his fans for the meeting! he enjoy these few days like a holiday break! he famously quote: Dont bring me presents! you coming to see me is a present to me! Gift no charity YES!  Isn't he so so lovely!! 

In China! his fans knew that he love of charity and the environment! they plants 1314 tree in the desert near Mongolia (I think) and name it Yoo Seung Ho little forest! and they plan to plants more in the future! he has acknowledge it and really appreciated it! How sweet!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Berou said:

Hope too before he reach 30 he do something great. I believe BS company gives him a lot of freedom since he is off the grid now. They let him to breathe, rest and give a lot of free time. 

I also expected them to post a new pic. Nevertheless they chose well, this is one of my favourite pics in LA. I also like the one where he is holding the perfume bottle, atelier de cologne, near a window. 

I just checked NH card insta and I am disappointed !!! True! Jung Hae In is the new model. I don't mind since I understand it is only a business relationship and it is actually good that YSH was a model for a 1.5 year, usually CF contracts 's lenghth is a year, some even expire after 6 months. When YSH modelled for petizel and baskin robbins for example, it was only for 6 months. What I am disapppointed  about is that NH deleted all their YSH posts. I scrolled down their insta and they have deleted the advertisement pics, the CF and everything else that YSH modelled for, as if once the business relationship is over they say sayonara and pretend the actor has never agreed to model for them. 

You dont need to apologize. I didn't get mad.  I think it is understandable to be curious about how much he makes. You did make a good point,  we can firmly say he earns a lot but lesser than his peers. But he has been working since childhood and saved a lot then. He was more active pre-army though. He used to do 2/3 projects per year. He is certainly a rich millionaire with millions saved on his bank account lol. 

@Berou You are funny! you want him to be in ninja mode so that giving you some space to breath and do your normal staff!! I like reading staff you said! some make me think deep and trying to figure out!! ok.. let say!

I think YSH is an emotional person! he need times and a long break to cool down himself from the previous drama he act/put himself into the character! He is an introvert person! not many friends to share about his feeling! Nor he want to show his feeling to others! he need to do this all by himself! Like you said! you get disappointed NH card take off everything about him like nothing has happen before!! you feel upset because of this! how about the person himself! every end of a drama/works he has to depart his feeling from it! think about it.. I feel upset for him! lets give him space he needed! drifting a car has the speed he can release himself! inside a car make him feel safe! ohh... I just want to give him a BIG hug!

A fanmeeting give him love and encouragement! I think he enjoy it! I think he feel safer in Japan!Japanese people naturally follow rules and gentle! 

Knowing he is a millionaire make me feel happier for him! I just want him to have a good life!

I asked myself! Why you like YSH so much!! yes, his face attract me to notice him! his acting skill make me like him more and want to find out more about him! the more i read about him the more I like him!! the more I like him the more I look into him! he has the most angelic smile of all!! but the most attractive for me is his eyes! no matter he is single lid or double lids! inside his eyes there is a story to tell! a sad story! make me want to comfort him! even when he is smiling! his eyes still look sad! that's why I once ask a question! Do you think YSH is a happy person! Yes, he is! but deep down he is lonely! he seeks something not money and fame can give it to him!

Oh!! I got emotion myself!! better stop here! :) cheers!

p/s The more I like him the more I want to know about him. the more I know things about him the more I LOVE him! he is a wonderful kind person! very rare! specially a grown up child actor! respect!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rahma92 said:

The Best Growing Child Actor Ranking 

1. Yoo Seungho 

How can he not in top 3 in cute/lovely and Cannot hate category!! Yes I am greedy!! :) he's already no 1! hahaha

• Like 2