Quantcast
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪 [completed drama : Bok Soo's back / My Strange Hero]

• Like 1

Translation : Actor Yoo Seung-ho, who showed great success  in the MBC drama ' Not a Robot, ' visited the Blue Eye Center in Incheon headquarters for an eye exam. 
I wish you a better performance in the future, and I will always support you in Blue Eye Center so that your bright eyes can shine and stay healthy.

• Like 1

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/06/27/park-seo-joon-yoo-seung-ho-and-jung-hae-in-voted-smartest-decision-to-enlist-early/

TrBrivD.png

Park Seo Joon voted #1 star who made the best decision to serve early

201806251047594913_1_20180625104818558.j

Article: Park Seo Joon, thank goodness he served in the army early... Yoo Seung Ho #2, Jung Hae In #3

Source: TV Report via Nate

4. [+50, -3] Yoo Seung Ho's truly amazing for serving right when he was getting popular. He also enlisted as a normal soldier instead of the celebrity unit.

7. [+23, -0] All three deserve it. Yoo Seung Ho's decision was probably the hardest since he was already so famous and at a young age but I know that he has more light to shine on him as he gets older

(skipped unrelated parts) 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/06/park-seo-joon-voted-1-star-who-made.html?m=1

PARK SEO JOON AND YOO SEUNG HO TOPPED THE DCINSIDE SOUTH KOREA SURVEY

dwd.png

Park Seo Joon and Yoo Seung Ho topped the DCinside Survey

DCinside is an online community with over 6 million monthly users in South Korea. Users "Connect and Converse" by reacting and expressing their opinions

South Koreans voted on Park Seo Joon ranked #1 with 26.9% followed by Yoo Seung Ho with 22.3% for the male actors that have made decision of completing their mandatory military service early.

http://www.koreandramaportal.com/2018/06/park-seo-joon-and-yoo-seung-ho-topped.html?m=1

• Like 1

@Berou any news what could be his next drama?

Missing already this brilliant actor. I wish to see him i maybe something like MARS? we gotta see that wonderful acting! Like in Remember. Less than 60 second into the start of the drama..I cried that scene with the father.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jongski said:

@Berou any news what could be his next drama?

Missing already this brilliant actor. I wish to see him i maybe something like MARS? we gotta see that wonderful acting! Like in Remember. Less than 60 second into the start of the drama..I cried that scene with the father.

Hi :) @jongski ! Unfortunately  still no news. All his fans are waiting for him to come back.  I haven't watched  MARS, so I don't know. A drama like remember would be good, but with less crying scenes and with a happy ending.  His last two dramas are doing well overseas.  Lastly  Japan has decided to make  DVD for his drama I am not a robot. 

• Like 1

Hiii  still no news about his come back?  Sigh I never got over him ever since I watched Missing You and Warrior Baek Dong Soo. Still makes me cry so much. I would love to see him in such an intense role again BUT this time around he has to have a happy ending. I have watched all his shows but these two were the only ones that struck with me  ( just because of his characters and him playing the roles otherwise don't even get me started on their story lines and frustrating outrageous  injustices). I am Not a Robot was nowhere near his previous shows. Even Imaginary Cat was better than I am Not a Robot in my opinion. I just can't wait to see him onscreen again with such an intense character getting a happy ending. Sigh only God knows when our wait is going to end 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 11:17 AM, woonisha said:

Hiii  still no news about his come back?  Sigh I never got over him ever since I watched Missing You and Warrior Baek Dong Soo. Still makes me cry so much. I would love to see him in such an intense role again BUT this time around he has to have a happy ending. I have watched all his shows but these two were the only ones that struck with me  ( just because of his characters and him playing the roles otherwise don't even get me started on their story lines and frustrating outrageous  injustices). I am Not a Robot was nowhere near his previous shows. Even Imaginary Cat was better than I am Not a Robot in my opinion. I just can't wait to see him onscreen again with such an intense character getting a happy ending. Sigh only God knows when our wait is going to end 

Hi again :)

unfortunately  it is still the waiting time. I'm also on my toes waiting for his come back.  But I am not surprised at him taking his time and extending his break time because last year he practically filmed all year with I am not a robot and  Ruler. Ruler itself took 7 months of filming. I  miss You is one of my favourite dramas of his  too !!   I  became his fan after watching him in IMY.  You are not the only one who didn't like I am not a robot, some yoopies told me they weren't  impressed by it and it was subpar compared to his previous dramas. I  do expect him to comeback with an intense role requiring high acting skills.  He is all about acting and likes to challenge himself by taking up difficult roles.  If he is taking that much time it means he is looking for the right drama perhaps and he hasnt been convinced by the offers presented to him.

today he posted on IG account: 

• Like 1

LIST

PicsArt_07-14-12.29.51.png?zoom=2&resize

8 Korean Child Actors Who Have Transformed To Top K-Drama Stars

By  | 

DEDICATION TO WITHSTAND THE TEST OF TIME CAME IN EARLY FOR FORMER POPULAR SOUTH KOREAN CHILD ACTORS. NEVERTHELESS, THE FRUITS OF THEIR LABOR ARE EVIDENTLY ENJOYED THESE DAYS.

Having filming sets as their known playgrounds and being flexible to adjust in the set conditions while shooting as a child are feats which only disciplined and passionate performers can achieve

91028468.2.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

Yoo Seung Ho, Kim Yoo Jung, Yeo Jin Goo and Kim So Hyun are some of the child artists who grew up right before the audience’ eyes, winning us with genius portrayals that have improved overtime to stable perfection. The uphill battle that they individually sustained provided them much-needed opportunities for breakthroughs to become today’s shining star models.

Let’s dig back at the current small and big screen reliable performers who have emerged from their humble and memorable beginnings as child actors.

1. YOO SEUNG HO

91028472.2.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

As the first generation epitome of successful transition from youth to adult acting, the skilled actor has warped from being grandmother’s well-loved city boy from 2002’s heartwarming film, The Way Home. He has solidified his presence as a bankable leading man leaving astounding roles both in television and film.

Notable works: I’m not a Robot, Ruler, Remember, I Miss You, Magician, Operation Proposal, Queen Seondeok, Hearty Paws

https://www.hellokpop.com/list/korean-child-actors-k-drama-stars/

• Like 1

@Berou Heyy:) So sorry for such a late reply, i was under the impression that I'd get an email notification like earlier but didn't so thought that noone replied. Anyways,yes if he is taking time then there must be a reason for sure. Whether he is taking a well deserved break after such a long period of filming or he is just being cautious about his choice, its all cool. Afterall we don't want another I am not a Robot type of experience. I don't blame yoopies too because to be honest people are more interested in the feels and intensity rather than extensive discussions over kissing or farting jokes. Such things only act as audience repellent. So yeah I'd agree to INAR being subpar with his previous shows.

I also became his fan after watching I Miss You. Gosh it was so emotional, I wish they hadn't shown him to be a murderer just to make way for the lead pair to be together. He totally stole the show in that one and also in Warrior baek Dong Soo ( that show was another one hell of a heartbreaking emotional wreck with an unfair ending. Totally used his character to move the story forward only to be used as a sacrificial scrapegoat in the end. I ended up with months of stupor of grief ). Anyways, lets see what happens. I'd love to see him in such a deep intense character again but with a happy ending. May the odds be in his favour. Fingers Crossed. 

Edited by woonisha
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, woonisha said:

@Berou Heyy:) So sorry for such a late reply, i was under the impression that I'd get an email notification like earlier but didn't so thought that noone replied. Anyways,yes if he is taking time then there must be a reason for sure. Whether he is taking a well deserved break after such a long period of filming or he is just being cautious about his choice, its all cool. Afterall we don't want another I am not a Robot type of experience. I don't blame yoopies too because to be honest people are more interested in the feels and intensity rather than extensive discussions over kissing or farting jokes. Such things only act as audience repellent. So yeah I'd agree to INAR being subpar with his previous shows.

I also became his fan after watching I Miss You. Gosh it was so emotional, I wish they hadn't shown him to be a murderer just to make way for the lead pair to be together. He totally stole the show in that one and also in Warrior baek Dong Soo ( that show was another one hell of a heartbreaking emotional wreck with an unfair ending. Totally used his character to move the story forward only to be used as a sacrificial scrapegoat in the end. I ended up with months of stupor of grief ). Anyways, lets see what happens. I'd love to see him in such a deep intense character again but with a happy ending. May the odds be in his favour. Fingers Crossed. 

Yeah Soompi notifications system can be a bit wonky.  The last time he took such a long break was in 2016 after having filmed 2 movies and 2 dramas. We got his ruler casting news after a 6 months break. He seems to me to an actor who works hard, really hard when he is active (i.e multiplying projects) and once he takes time off, he extends his break time.  This time he must not make a bad choice. He has already used his one year window. Only one year is left before all the hallyu stars in the army come back. If I were him, I would used this once-a-lifetime opportunity and make profit of their absence. 

I have nothing against rom coms although they are not my favourite genre but I am not robot writing was lacking. I really felt it was written not by a very talented writer. It was too draggy, that's the only thing I deplore. I take it as an experimental project for him, he chose it because he wanted to do something different than what he is used to. He probably got attracted by the robot theme that wasn't experienced in korean dramas and moreover he already knew the director since they worked together on Arang and the Magistrate. These must be the reasons why he chose it. 

Oh I finally met someone who became his fan after IMY !! :).  I got amazed by the intensity of his acting , he completely nailed that role. The writer was just lacking creativity and couldn't come up with a better plot, she/ he needed to make him a killer so that she can pair the female lead with the male lead. I'm still denying the unfair ending of WBDS, I still haven't understood why the writer chose to kill his character. In my alternative ending, both leads made up and became besties :lol:. I have the same wish, I hope to see his intense acting that we have seen in IMY in near future, maybe an anti-hero role as a male lead who is bad but becomes good and redeems himself ? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Berou said:

Yeah Soompi notifications system can be a bit wonky.  The last time he took such a long break was in 2016 after having filmed 2 movies and 2 dramas. We got his ruler casting news after a 6 months break. He seems to me to an actor who works hard, really hard when he is active (i.e multiplying projects) and once he takes time off, he extends his break time.  This time he must not make a bad choice. He has already used his one year window. Only one year is left before all the hallyu stars in the army come back. If I were him, I would used this once-a-lifetime opportunity and make profit of their absence. 

I have nothing against rom coms although they are not my favourite genre but I am not robot writing was lacking. I really felt it was written not by a very talented writer. It was too draggy, that's the only thing I deplore. I take it as an experimental project for him, he chose it because he wanted to do something different than what he is used to. He probably got attracted by the robot theme that wasn't experienced in korean dramas and moreover he already knew the director since they worked together on Arang and the Magistrate. These must be the reasons why he chose it. 

Oh I finally met someone who became his fan after IMY !! :).  I got amazed by the intensity of his acting , he completely nailed that role. The writer was just lacking creativity and couldn't come up with a better plot, she/ he needed to make him a killer so that she can pair the female lead with the male lead. I'm still denying the unfair ending of WBDS, I still haven't understood why the writer chose to kill his character. In my alternative ending, both leads made up and became besties :lol:. I have the same wish, I hope to see his intense acting that we have seen in IMY in near future, maybe an anti-hero role as a male lead who is bad but becomes good and redeems himself ? 

Well you said it all. He should indeed take advantage of the absence of hallyu stars.  Even I don't have anything against rom coms but INAR lacked alot when it came to writing and moreover the robot theme and improper handling of intense situations kind of spoiled it. In my case I saw him in INAR a long time  after I Miss You and WBDS so it was hell of a shocker for me to find out that  it was actually Yoo Seung Ho in the drama. Apart from his smile he looked barely recognizable and ultimately I couldn't connect with his new look ( because I was too used to the old one). Truth be said his old look/ makeover in I Miss You and WBDS was simply divine.

Coming to the story of IMY even I would not deny that it was his intensity of acting/ intense character which got me hooked. The way Harry ruined his own life for his love was amazing, impressive and tragic as well. I mean who even does that these days? that too for 14 years?! Just like you already mentioned the writer went short of ideas and made him a killer ( Not that I bought the writer's desperate failed attempt to paint him as a villain. I didn't buy it for one second nor I had any issues with it. He was failed by the law and justice system and except the death of Detective Kim over a misunderstanding, all of the others were much worse monsters and had it coming, especially the rapist). As a woman I feel ashamed of the female lead rejecting Harry for a guy who left her at the mercy of those monsters.

And as far as WBDS is concerned I never moved on from it nor I think I ever would. Lucky for you to think of an alternate ending but for me the death of his character was too tragic heartbreaking, unforgivable outrageous and totally uncalled for!!! They could have simply faked his death and shown him alive somewhere far away from Joseon but no. Just when we finally thought that everything is going to be fine, he can finally breathe freely and be with his friends again, they had to show his own childhood friend thirsty for his blood. Man I have even lost count of the number of times I have expressed my anger and pain over the unjust, unfair death of Yeo Woon on other social media platforms. Its just beyond me that what got into the writer to kill him off like that. Nobody even cared about the best swordsman title or the girl. All we wanted was for Yeo Woon to live and finally be happy.They merely had to show the real truth prevailing ( about him NOT being a murderer after all)  and  brotherhood coming out strong. I would never ever forgive the WBDS writer for heartlessly killing him off like that. Nope. Never.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, woonisha said:

Well you said it all. He should indeed take advantage of the absence of hallyu stars.  Even I don't have anything against rom coms but INAR lacked alot when it came to writing and moreover the robot theme and improper handling of intense situations kind of spoiled it. In my case I saw him in INAR a long time  after I Miss You and WBDS so it was hell of a shocker for me to find out that  it was actually Yoo Seung Ho in the drama. Apart from his smile he looked barely recognizable and ultimately I couldn't connect with his new look ( because I was too used to the old one). Truth be said his old look/ makeover in I Miss You and WBDS was simply divine.

Coming to the story of IMY even I would not deny that it was his intensity of acting/ intense character which got me hooked. The way Harry ruined his own life for his love was amazing, impressive and tragic as well. I mean who even does that these days? that too for 14 years?! Just like you already mentioned the writer went short of ideas and made him a killer ( Not that I bought the writer's desperate failed attempt to paint him as a villain. I didn't buy it for one second nor I had any issues with it. He was failed by the law and justice system and except the death of Detective Kim over a misunderstanding, all of the others were much worse monsters and had it coming, especially the rapist). As a woman I feel ashamed of the female lead rejecting Harry for a guy who left her at the mercy of those monsters.

And as far as WBDS is concerned I never moved on from it nor I think I ever would. Lucky for you to think of an alternate ending but for me the death of his character was too tragic heartbreaking, unforgivable outrageous and totally uncalled for!!! They could have simply faked his death and shown him alive somewhere far away from Joseon but no. Just when we finally thought that everything is going to be fine, he can finally breathe freely and be with his friends again, they had to show his own childhood friend thirsty for his blood. Man I have even lost count of the number of times I have expressed my anger and pain over the unjust, unfair death of Yeo Woon on other social media platforms. Its just beyond me that what got into the writer to kill him off like that. Nobody even cared about the best swordsman title or the girl. All we wanted was for Yeo Woon to live and finally be happy.They merely had to show the real truth prevailing ( about him NOT being a murderer after all)  and  brotherhood coming out strong. I would never ever forgive the WBDS writer for heartlessly killing him off like that. Nope. Never.

There are many rom coms that are well-done and became classic dramas :  My love from the stars, full house, sungkyunkwan scandal, protect the boss, just to name a few.  I enjoyed watching all those dramas mentioned because of the creativity  of the writer. I knew right away the only issue would be the writing if the drama would have flaws, the cast was great and the director was highly talented but they paired the drama with an unknown writer who didn't have much experience in writing dramas. Unfortunately 12 episodes out of 16 were about the robot issue and the deception. That was the only plot of the drama. The side plot was the company politics that got quickly brushed after episode 12. Like you said, the writer failed in handling intense situations and especially the suspense... in the end the villains turned out to not be villains. They were no villains !

Reading your shocker reminds of me :lol:. I first got drawn to him in I Miss You ( I watched it while it was being aired). Then I got curious about him and googled him, I got a shock because I had watched him in another drama, Operation proposal, before IMY. I didn't recognize him :lol:, it was like two completely different persons were in operation proposal and IMY. but isn't it a compliment and a proof of his skills ?  He is like a cameleon, transforming himself every time he plays another character in a new dramas. His hairstyle and his fashion are extensions of his acting, making him look unrecognizable. In every of his drama, he sports a new look and plays a different character. You don't see the actor  Yoo Seung Ho but the character he plays. 

I also never understood why the female lead in IMY went back to her first love that she barely knew when she got kidnapped . Her very first love abandoned her and let her be raped. We are not the only ones complaining about the plot, dramabeans stopped recapping it after episodes 4. Back then koala's playground was doing recaps too and after 12/13 episodes, Ms koala stopped too (  hers  was due to a lack of time). But if you look at the comments in Koala's playground site, everyone was rooting for Harry and was amazed by YSH's acting.  Even in netizenbuzz. Everyone was saying it was YSH's breakthrough drama and how he stole the spotlight from the male lead.  There was even a rift in the korean fandom between YSH's fans and PYC's fans at that time, PYC's were mad that most viewers were praising YSH, so they puposely manipulated the comments so that PYC's name will appear upper with the comments with most likes. 

Concerning WBDS, it seems like not only YSH's fans are angered and resent the writer. Last year, a beanie ( and a soompier), cherkell wrote a plea at dramabeans  for an alternate ending

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/12/alternate-endings-a-plaintive-plea-for-a-do-over-of-warrior-baek-dong-soo/

[Alternate Endings] A plaintive plea for a do-over of Warrior Baek Dong-soo]

By @cherkell

It has been exactly 6 years, 6 weeks, and 4 days since the finale of Warrior Baek Dong-soo… and I am STILL PISSED OFF over it! My precious Ji Chang-wook deserved a better ending for his first starring role in a sageuk. By the time the last episodes aired, the show was starting to suffer from the terminal condition known as writerus extendaritis, after announcing the extension (from 24 to 29 episodes) in early September 2011. The writer definitely ran out of steam around Episode 26 and barely kept the plot together with thin string in order to make it to Episode 29.

I would have been one happy fangirl if the show had officially ended on Episode 28 after the coup attempt and resulting epic sword battle on the palace grounds. As dictated by the Book of Sageuk, the good guys won and the bad guys didn’t. But the best part was that the bromance between the two boys was BACK! *swoons*

But nooooooo. We viewers had to be subjected to Yet. One. More. Warning: spoilers ahead.

To recap for those who have not witnessed the horror that was Warrior Baek Dong-soo’s finale, it went down like this:

After some unnecessary flashback padding, Yeo Woon knows he is dead meat walking after disbanding the assassin colony Heuksa Chorong, and decides to commit suicide by Dong-soo. Finding a nice open field with enough room for a proper pas de deux, Dong-soo tries to talk Woon out of his death wish. Woon gets tired of Dong-soo’s blabbering and impales himself on Dong-soo’s sword, giving himself the opportunity for one last soliloquy about all the wrongs his death will finally correct. Dong-soo goes mental while screaming for Woon to LIVE, DAMMIT LIVE!!

Even though Woon does not survive, I would have been perfectly happy for the show to end right there.

But then there’s a time jump. Dong-soo is at his local watering hole, majorly drowning his sorrows. But then Woon sits down and joins Dong-soo for a drink as they reminisce about their younger days. Dong-soo eventually shakes off his dream and sees The Log Ji-sun sitting next to him instead of Woon. (That alone would make me drink myself into a coma for sure.)

All plots that transpired over the past 28 episodes are tied up neatly, while the characters happily pair off: Dong-soo/The Log; Jin-ju/Painter Guy; Cho-rip/Mi-soo; Sa-mo/Jang-mi. Sadly though, Woon’s still dead. SOBS. Dong-soo ends up being appointed the palace guard’s chief instructor, there’s some nonsense thrown in about kids in a field trying to learn swordplay, and then Dong-soo and Ji-sun mount their horses and ride off into the sunset. The end.

WHAT IN THE FREAKIN’ HELL WAS THAT?!?

In my alternate ending, any remaining boring palace machinations cease to be known. After the king’s passing and the crown prince’s ascension to the throne, there would be no need for more political stuff and it would have mercifully faded into the background.

Dong-soo ends up wandering around aimlessly for a few years, but still continues to hone his martial arts skills while keeping his mane of glory flowing and his chocolate abs incredibly toned. He also returns to being the goofy Dong-soo first shown in Episodes 5-10, and meets up with Woon quite often. The bromance must go on!

Having fully recovered from Dong-soo’s stabbing, Woon remodels the Heuksa Chorong honeycomb hideout into a cozy bed-and-breakfast to house the increasing number of tourists passing through Joseon after hearing word that Proprietor Woon was the only person to ever survive a Dong-soo attack (therefore becoming sort of a local legend around those parts). The gisaeng Gu-hyang opens a side business inside the B&B selling potions and telling fortunes.

Elder swordsmen Gwang-taek and Chun decide that a fight to the death would be counterproductive to living long enough to spoil their grandchildren, so they lay down their blades and open a small tavern where they could make money hand over fist just keeping Dong-soo and Woon happy with booze and snacks. Ji would not have been killed back in Episode 19, but instead presides as the mistress of their tavern, happily mediating the squabbles that Gwang-taek and Chun would inevitably get into over the smallest things.

Ji-sun should have officially died—not when Dong-soo accidentally stabbed her in Episode 13, but after ingesting a poisoned batch of that damned red ginseng that she risked life and limb for. Live by the root; die by the root. GOOD RIDDANCE. All the other characters basically stay alive, because history. (Except for that jerkwad Cho-rip, who should have died when Woon stabbed him the first time. WTF, Cho-rip?)

Jin-ju decides that Painter Guy is way too boring since all he does is stay home and paint, paint, paint… and kicks his lazy richard simmons to the curb in order to join forces with her first love Dong-soo. Dong-soo unsuccessfully tries to fend off the advances of fellow warrior Jin-ju, but eventually gives in. Thereafter, they become the first husband and wife Joseon palace guard training team. On their days off, Dong-soo and Jin-ju venture out into the countryside with their three gorgeous children, giving master classes to the neighborhood kids in the ways of the sword, Dong-soo style.

Warrior Baek Dong-soo had SO much potential that truly delivered in its first two-thirds, but the extension worked against the plot and the show eventually sputtered to a lame finish. What could have been… *sigh*

Ok I better stop writing... my post is already long enough. When it comes to YSH, I can blabber endlessly.  Btw, yesterday a korean fan posted a pic of YSH doing volunteer work in a camp for children with a diabetes. So, when he is on break either he does his hobbies or doing volunteer work

• Like 1

@Berou Yes that is true, there are so many well executed rom coms out there, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Weight Lifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, My Love From Another Star, Pinocchio are just to name a few from the long list. INAR like you mentioned was neither well written nor well executed and wasted so many episodes just like that. And as for YSH's looks I'd agree, he is like a chameleon and really gets into the skin of every character he plays. I on the other hand recognized him in all his shows except Ruler and INAR (those two were the most shocking ones lol).

Coming to IMY yes I am aware of PYC fans' conspiracy and deliberately targeting YSH on social media trying to malign his image. They probably resorted to such tactics to make their favorite shine (in reel and real)   but much to their dismay I am sure they failed at that and Yoo Seung Ho stole the show not only as a strong character but also as an amazing actor.

As for  WBDS,  yes I have seen that article.before and agree with it. Everyone wants a redo of WBDS  with an alternate ending. Even now, almost 7 years after the show has handed, people still remember it and feel badly pissed off at its ending. It was Yeo Woon's show. Period. The so called villains shined in it totally, acting and character wise both otherwise frankly speaking except Woon and Chun's character everything was terribly  half baked including the bromance and Baek Dong Soo as a lead character. He did pull tall claims about love and destiny not being real but at the end of the day he was unable to save his best friend. He was just carrying his brains in his knees as usual and failed to see past poor Woonie's lies who had already had enough. The whole fight with the swords was unnecessary and had he really been his best friend in every sense of the word, there was no way he could have missed that suicidal look in his eyes and his deliberate provocations to kill him.He'd have died himself instead of living off happily ever after with the girl Woonie loved and the sick friend who instigated his death in the first place,:angry:

P.S  Good to see him getting involved in such activities. Lets see when we get the news about his new show :)

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 7:45 PM, woonisha said:

@Berou Yes that is true, there are so many well executed rom coms out there, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Weight Lifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, My Love From Another Star, Pinocchio are just to name a few from the long list. INAR like you mentioned was neither well written nor well executed and wasted so many episodes just like that. And as for YSH's looks I'd agree, he is like a chameleon and really gets into the skin of every character he plays. I on the other hand recognized him in all his shows except Ruler and INAR (those two were the most shocking ones lol).

Coming to IMY yes I am aware of PYC fans' conspiracy and deliberately targeting YSH on social media trying to malign his image. They probably resorted to such tactics to make their favorite shine (in reel and real)   but much to their dismay I am sure they failed at that and Yoo Seung Ho stole the show not only as a strong character but also as an amazing actor.

As for  WBDS,  yes I have seen that article.before and agree with it. Everyone wants a redo of WBDS  with an alternate ending. Even now, almost 7 years after the show has handed, people still remember it and feel badly pissed off at its ending. It was Yeo Woon's show. Period. The so called villains shined in it totally, acting and character wise both otherwise frankly speaking except Woon and Chun's character everything was terribly  half baked including the bromance and Baek Dong Soo as a lead character. He did pull tall claims about love and destiny not being real but at the end of the day he was unable to save his best friend. He was just carrying his brains in his knees as usual and failed to see past poor Woonie's lies who had already had enough. The whole fight with the swords was unnecessary and had he really been his best friend in every sense of the word, there was no way he could have missed that suicidal look in his eyes and his deliberate provocations to kill him.He'd have died himself instead of living off happily ever after with the girl Woonie loved and the sick friend who instigated his death in the first place,:angry:

P.S  Good to see him getting involved in such activities. Lets see when we get the news about his new show :)

It is quite interesting that you say you didn't recognize him in his last two dramas. It makes me recall what he said in his last year nylon interview, he expressed his worries as an actor and how he has accumulated throughout years " bad acting" and how his acting has YSH's feels and is stereotyped.  Your shockers probably go beyond characters and looks. Every actor has a certain acting style, perhaps you didn't find YSH's trademark acting in his last two dramas and YSH is trying to change his acting style. I'm not an expert in acting but I understand your shocker more when it comes to I am not a robot. It took me some time to adjust myself to his character and the YSH I saw on my screen. Besides,  in his last two dramas his potential was wasted due to the combination of bad directing and bad writing. Ruler could have been one hell of a drama if only MBC didn't botch it by entrusting it to rookies. 

You are quite well-informed and knowledgeable. I don't think many fans know about this conspiracy. Thankfully I got to know of it really really late, so I didn't witness it. Do you know how YSH's fans reacted to it ? YSH also experienced the same fate as PYC in remember when the writer shifted the focus on the villain and made the villain the show of the drama. As far as I know, YSH fans didn't create conspiracy or malign NGM ( the actor and character), send hateful messages to SBS or to NGM. 

My take on  Yeo Woon is that he was like a sacrificial sheep to writers. He was used as a plot device to forward the plot and once he wasn't useful, he got written off. Besides he did too many bad things and killed too many people as an assassin, such a character in most of cases face death. Perhaps the writer couldn't find a logical explanation to his death ( you know bad writing and not enough of talent ;)), hence we got this illogical, unfair, jarring, frustating and unbelievable ending. 

Yes it's good to see him enjoying his life and doing what he likes. I read on some fans posts, he is actually a regular of that camp and has worked with the staff in 2014 too. The camp is called the blue life camp

Someone filmed him participating in a drifting competition and he placed 4th !! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Berou said:

It is quite interesting that you say you didn't recognize him in his last two dramas. It makes me recall what he said in his last year nylon interview, he expressed his worries as an actor and how he has accumulated throughout years " bad acting" and how his acting has YSH's feels and is stereotyped.  Your shockers probably go beyond characters and looks. Every actor has a certain acting style, perhaps you didn't find YSH's trademark acting in his last two dramas and YSH is trying to change his acting style. I'm not an expert in acting but I understand your shocker more when it comes to I am not a robot. It took me some time to adjust myself to his character and the YSH I saw on my screen. Besides,  in his last two dramas his potential was wasted due to the combination of bad directing and bad writing. Ruler could have been one hell of a drama if only MBC didn't botch it by entrusting it to rookies. 

You are quite well-informed and knowledgeable. I don't think many fans know about this conspiracy. Thankfully I got to know of it really really late, so I didn't witness it. Do you know how YSH's fans reacted to it ? YSH also experienced the same fate as PYC in remember when the writer shifted the focus on the villain and made the villain the show of the drama. As far as I know, YSH fans didn't create conspiracy or malign NGM ( the actor and character), send hateful messages to SBS or to NGM. 

My take on  Yeo Woon is that he was like a sacrificial sheep to writers. He was used as a plot device to forward the plot and once he wasn't useful, he got written off. Besides he did too many bad things and killed too many people as an assassin, such a character in most of cases face death. Perhaps the writer couldn't find a logical explanation to his death ( you know bad writing and not enough of talent ;)), hence we got this illogical, unfair, jarring, frustating and unbelievable ending. 

Yes it's good to see him enjoying his life and doing what he likes. I read on some fans posts, he is actually a regular of that camp and has worked with the staff in 2014 too. The camp is called the blue life camp

Someone filmed him participating in a drifting competition and he won the 4th place !! :D

My shockers go beyond looks and characters? I didn't quite get you there.  My shocker was due to the change of his facial features        ( probably because there was a significant gap of years when i watched him in ruler and INAR after MY and WBDS.) ,not his acting. I never found his acting faulty, stereotyped or bad in any of his dramas His acting is flawless but yeah I won't deny that it took me some time as well  to adjust to his character in INAR ..As for the fans' conspiracy, I have never seen any of YSH fan sinking to PYC fan level yet. Don't know much about Remember's fan wars because I watched the drama long after it was aired.

As far as Yeo Woon  is concerned, he was indecisive and highly conflicted yes, but he was definitely not a killer or a bad person at all. Last time I checked he spent most of his time saving people instead of killing them.  He didn't kill anyone. He had his heart in the right place and was the purest of them all.

Edited by Berou
quoted images
  • Like 1