Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

8 hours ago, Berou said:

I like his look in Remember the most. It must certainly have to do  with the fact I find men in suits attractive :wub:.  So, please YSH another drama in suits 

My top 3 is 

1.Remember

2. I Miss You 'cause that's the drama where I discovered YSH and became a big fan :D

3. WBDS and JM 

Overall I like more his post-military looks, he ages like fine wine and I believe when he will reach his 30's  his looks will explode.

My all time favs YSH looks is

1. Remember

2. Imaginary Cat

3. Ruler or Seondal

4. Joseon Masulsa

Last. MSH

Seems to be I like his look after Military looks more than before!

9 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

Oh I missed this post earlier. Yes I liked him in the Magician. He WAS beautiful but...more than Woon? Sigh. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. Woon was something else as a character...someone with more depth....more sorrow...more helplessness..someone who was denied love from childhood, someone who was misunderstood no matter how hard he worked behind the shadows/scenes to make things right ..someone who tried and tried yet he could not free himself from his destiny...someone who was good at heart yet considered bad cuz of his actions during the daylight which had hurt others...but he had to do what he had to do even if it killed him inside cuz he was just..different i guess? Sigh he was just a misunderstood dark prince imo..there were many layers to his character which YSH's character in The Magician did not had. I am not saying he wasnt good or beautiful in the movie I am just saying Woon was more deep intriguing heartbreaking and beautiful as a character. Sorry for such a serious post tho lol...it came out more serious than I thought but never mind.  The good part was that atleast his movie's character ended on a better note.

It's ok! I just base on visual only! Joseon Magician just a movie! YSH is extremely beuatiful in the movie! but his character isn't too nice! Hwan Hee has many flaws and not entirely likeable! maybe that's why the movie didn't do well! and because it's only a less than 2 hours movie it has no depth into his character, not like WBDS! it's a drama! you have plenty of times to understand Yeo Woon and get into him, feel his pains and sorrow and fall for his charm! I personally like Yeo Woon more than Hwan Hee personality! but visual vice I think the movie art director doing a better job! purely base on how his look not his character! just my 1 penny oppinion!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

And I got more support.. hehehehehe

The one positive thing I get from this link the Ms Superstar Lee possible casting is the buzz surrounding his name. Usually he is talked about only during his drama. and then you see occasionally mention here and there. With BS also posting his photos from his FM from earlier this month, his name is buzzing about town. It is good. Even with the slams over the possible choice of drama. Because it means he has fans.. who are vested and care about him and his career.

I agree we should wait for the confirmation. My only hope is that the link was to create the buzz.. to culminate into a frenzy when he finally chose a drama or a movie ala Mission Impossible and Bourne.. A girl can only dream.. and sometimes dream do become reality...

And my boy...

Umm... I am single alone in a Yeo Woon fans club here! hehhehehe :o

Oh.. I wish that too.. hopefully the whole Superstar Miss Lee thing will drop off! and we get to know he is going to act in a Movie ala Ethan Hunt, Jason Bourne or dreamy Christain Grey ( Opps! What did I just said ) hehehe No.. not Christian Grey! it's too hot to handle! :ph34r: or a drama like Something in the rain, Where stars land! I quite like to see YSH in a more mature role in a simple daily but beautiful life kind of drama! 

8 hours ago, See Wong said:

It's ok! I just base on visual only! Joseon Magician just a movie! YSH is extremely beuatiful in the movie! but his character isn't too nice! Hwan Hee has many flaws and not entirely likeable! maybe that's why the movie didn't do well! and because it's only a less than 2 hours movie it has no depth into his character, not like WBDS! it's a drama! you have plenty of times to understand Yeo Woon and get into him, feel his pains and sorrow and fall for his charm! I personally like Yeo Woon more than Hwan Hee personality! but visual vice I think the movie art director doing a better job! purely base on how his look not his character! just my 1 penny oppinion!

Yes its true the movie director tried to make the movie aesthetically more appealing (its a movie afterall) and I dont mind flawed characters if they have some sort of depth in them. Hwan Hee did had depth but just not of the level of Woon I guess...Yes Wbds was a drama, definitely longer than the movie but I remember fast forwarding through so much of it cuz it was long, writing was sloppy at many places and most importantly it had so less of Woon in it and I had eyes for Woon (and his dynamics with Heuksa Chorong and others)  only. Maybe he was the second lead thats why? They gave him less screenspace, less dialogues and YSH's accident during the time of shooting didnt help things either so I dunno if I could say there was ample time to fall for Woon in the drama and less time for Hwan Hee in the movie. Movie though short was focused on Hwan Hee because he was the lead. Woon on the other hand was 2nd lead, drama wasnt focused on him and to add to that they just killed him off when they couldnt torture him anymore/ didnt needed him anymore /simply to get it over with (or whatever the reasons maybe, dont know, dont care  ) :sweatingbullets:. Sigh I dunno maybe I am just biased for the visual, character and beauty of Woon more, but you can fully support Hwan Hee if you want, he was beautiful in his own way and yes scenic/ natural beauty etc etc was also better in the movie I think,  I dont mind your opinion at all, to each their own :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

Yes its true the movie director tried to make the movie aesthetically more appealing (its a movie afterall) and I dont mind flawed characters if they have some sort of depth in them. Hwan Hee did had depth but just not of the level of Woon I guess...Yes Wbds was a drama, definitely longer than the movie but I remember fast forwarding through so much of it cuz it was long, writing was sloppy at many places and most importantly it had so less of Woon in it and I had eyes for Woon (and his dynamics with Heuksa Chorong and others)  only. Maybe he was the second lead thats why? They gave him less screenspace, less dialogues and YSH's accident during the time of shooting didnt help things either so I dunno if I could say there was ample time to fall for Woon in the drama and less time for Hwan Hee in the movie. Movie though short was focused on Hwan Hee because he was the lead. Woon on the other hand was 2nd lead, drama wasnt focused on him and to add to that they just killed him off when they couldnt torture him anymore/ didnt needed him anymore /simply to get it over with (or whatever the reasons maybe, dont know, dont care  ) :sweatingbullets:. Sigh I dunno maybe I am just biased for the visual, character and beauty of Woon more, but you can fully support Hwan Hee if you want, he was beautiful in his own way and yes scenic/ natural beauty etc etc was also better in the movie I think,  I dont mind your opinion at all, to each their own :)

Actually I am not a Hwan Hee fan... :phew:. I compare Hwan Hee and Yeo Woon just because they have similar in the look! infact I am Hyun Jong Hyun fan! I felt for YSH because of Imaginay Cat! :lol:. Related image

for look, I am Seo Jin Woo fan. he is amazing and breathtaking good looking in Remember! cannot forget the scene he stand infront of the court and people throw eggs on him!! umm.. cannot forget every sences of Seo Jin Woo anyway! :crazy:

Related image

• Like 1

3 hours ago, See Wong said:

Actually I am not a Hwan Hee fan... :phew:. I compare Hwan Hee and Yeo Woon just because they have similar in the look! infact I am Hyun Jong Hyun fan! I felt for YSH because of Imaginay Cat! :lol:. for look, I am Seo Jin Woo fan. he is amazing and breathtaking good looking in Remember! cannot forget the scene he stand infront of the court and people throw eggs on him!! umm.. cannot forget every sences of Seo Jin Woo anyway! :crazy:

Oh thats ok :) Yes looks wise Hwan Hee was similiar and beautiful too. When I started the movie I was like omo my wish of seeing Woonie alive again one more time has come true but ..sigh that wasnt the case. Hwan Hee wasnt like Woon. Even in Arang and the Magistrate he played Jade emperor who was similiar in looks, he even caught me off guard in a couple of scenes where he looked/gave expressions exactly like Woonie and my heart stopped. I tried to convince myself this is Woonie all white pure beautiful angel living happily and peacefully in heaven but oh well the conviction didnt last long. Guess I'd probably just cry over Woonie's beauty and sad fate forever he just hit me really v hard unlike any character I have seen till date so ...apologies for all the rambling I guess.

As for your choices I like them too! So many times I wanted to push Bu Gil sshi/ kitty out and wanted to sit in her place so that he would look at me instead and I could look into his eyes LOL sorry I'm a crazy fangirl like that, his eyes are too captivating and the kitty got to see them a lot so I was like shoo kitty shoo let me see his eyes lol. Just kidding I liked Imaginary Cat  and his love for the cat. He and Cat both were sweet. It was a cute show. As For Jin Woo. Sigh. That was another sad sad character. That egg scene you mentioned was so sad and heartbreaking! Also when he went back home instead of going on the date and waited for his father as if he was alive :(It was sad to see him lose his memories bit by bit and struggling to remember he has yet to get justice for his father.. It was a relief though that he managed to retain his memories till he got justice but it was heartbreaking that his father had already died and he didnt get to live with him again :( He did get justice but it wasnt of much use, his little world was already destroyed :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ah, the eggs bit. The losing memory. Harry, Woon, so many unhappy endings. I do love YSH in melodramas but even in Remember: War of the Son he got a horribly sad end, even though he was the main. I'm not counting that damn Ruler mask drama because I'd rather forget it, lol.  The movies were fun but I like the dramas better--more YSH, I guess?--except for the rom coms.  The lipstick was the least of my problems with the rom coms.

Can we just fast forward until we get to the part where YSH picks a wonderful drama and everyone is enjoying it and having a great time? I'll even take a sad ending--it's only fiction, right? YSH is still alive and well (But don't get me started about Woon--ah, crying forever about that ending)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berou said:

I don't want to sound negative but I am seriously starting to doubt that one day he will ever picks a good drama... at least not in the near future if he chooses to be crazy, weird, suicidal,reckless, emotional ? I don't know how to put it into words. I am right now hoping someone around him like SJS or SSH will talk to him and make him see reason and he will reject this romcom for our and his sake. 

My heart did a little flip flop when I read the words "crazy, weird, suicidal, reckless, emotional." I've wanted to think of YSH as a sensitive but sensible guy, but I am fully aware that people have public personas that can hide immense internal turmoil.

Child stars especially are well-known for having unhappy adulthoods. And Korea is famous for the pressure it puts on stars. As many young stars return from the military this year and are giving charming interviews, I can't help but remember YSH who fled into the army so young to escape stardom (from leisure and money to a drill instructor and MRIs) and who gave a sobbing return public appearance. I always worry about him in a Jewish mama way. And the never ending news  of celebrity suicides and suicide attempts like the news about Go Hara recently---all this unsettles me.

I feel helpless enough in the face of this sort of unhappiness and emotional uncertainity. I know that there's nothing that can be done if someone doesn't want help or advice from others--the best thing to do is step away and watch people learn, make their own mistakes and learn from bad choices. As a parent, I learned this and know it's hard. As someone who is perpetually frustrated with (and scared for) YSH's poor career choices and possible emotional health, I know there's nothing than can be done other than hope and pray that his intelligence and better self will show him the way.

It always seems to be the most sensitive and smart ones who fall hardest, but maybe that's what they need to do to rise up again. I don't know. I can only speculate, but as someone who respects YSH's talent and really likes him and believes he's an especiallly good person, I'm going to be positive. I am going to believe that eventurally he'll learn from his mistakes.

I couldn't bear it if he destroys his career... or worse. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Berou said:

I forgot to post these T.T. I was too shocked by the sudden romcom news

Yes team Seo  Jin Woo * high five 

I like his looks more in the ending scene, he was breathtaking ! 

Let me guess... you didn't like his looks in MSH because of the lipstick, right ? :ph34r:

Yes, I am always and forever team Jin Woo! I am actually want to post his picture from the ending scene! yes, he is breathtaking good looking with that coat and hair style! So good looking and painfully handsome!

Yes, you guess it right! the ultra red lipstick put me off!! YSH is perfectly good looking! No need that heavy make up! I understand actors do need little bit make up for the camera! but not that much!! too much! I prefer manly look rather than flower boy pretty look! hence I like him more after Military and Hyun Jong Hyun! in Imaginary cat YSH look so clean! fresh and natuaral good looking! 

Aiii.. look back to all this perfect moment of YSH! its really heart breaking if he take another bad role! Its hurt.. just wish that Superstar Miss Lee things will not happen!! :tears:

13 hours ago, MrsYeoWoon said:

Oh thats ok :) Yes looks wise Hwan Hee was similiar and beautiful too. When I started the movie I was like omo my wish of seeing Woonie alive again one more time has come true but ..sigh that wasnt the case. Hwan Hee wasnt like Woon. Even in Arang and the Magistrate he played Jade emperor who was similiar in looks, he even caught me off guard in a couple of scenes where he looked/gave expressions exactly like Woonie and my heart stopped. I tried to convince myself this is Woonie all white pure beautiful angel living happily and peacefully in heaven but oh well the conviction didnt last long. Guess I'd probably just cry over Woonie's beauty and sad fate forever he just hit me really v hard unlike any character I have seen till date so ...apologies for all the rambling I guess.

As for your choices I like them too! So many times I wanted to push Bu Gil sshi/ kitty out and wanted to sit in her place so that he would look at me instead and I could look into his eyes LOL sorry I'm a crazy fangirl like that, his eyes are too captivating and the kitty got to see them a lot so I was like shoo kitty shoo let me see his eyes lol. Just kidding I liked Imaginary Cat  and his love for the cat. He and Cat both were sweet. It was a cute show. As For Jin Woo. Sigh. That was another sad sad character. That egg scene you mentioned was so sad and heartbreaking! Also when he went back home instead of going on the date and waited for his father as if he was alive :(It was sad to see him lose his memories bit by bit and struggling to remember he has yet to get justice for his father.. It was a relief though that he managed to retain his memories till he got justice but it was heartbreaking that his father had already died and he didnt get to live with him again :( He did get justice but it wasnt of much use, his little world was already destroyed :(

Yes, that another sad sence he forgot his date with In-ah and went back to his old house, sitting infront of his door!! that sence so sad!! 

Both Jin Woo and Harry lost thier memory in the end!! but Jin Woo make me feel sadder! maybe It's a good ending! his extraordinary good memory gave him more painful than happiness! Harry.. I still think he is pretending he lost his memory! but think about it!! both still alive but the road infront of them will be sorrow and difficult! Harry has done a lots of mistake and bad things so he deserve in some extent! Yeo Woon die tragically but at least he no need to suffer his life till the end and he is living painfully and choose to end his own life! but Jin Woo.. he just pure bad luck! he lost his family! everybody look at him like a dirt because of his father! he cannot give his father a justice!! he is a good person and so pure and innocent!! he just tragic! :bawling:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berou said:

I don't want to sound negative but I am seriously starting to doubt that one day he will ever picks a good drama... at least not in the near future if he chooses to be crazy, weird, suicidal,reckless, emotional ? I don't know how to put it into words. I am right now hoping someone around him like SJS or SSH will talk to him and make him see reason and he will reject this romcom for our and his sake. 

I have a feeling YSH doesn't mind how people look at him!! wear his pajamas with slipper is one way to show he don't care about his appearance that much! unshave as well!! he don't care what people think as long as he personally like the project! in the past.. he does care a bit or possibly his old manager did control his certain movement! but now.. he just doing whatever he wanted to! I understand why you use these words of crazy, weird, suicidal, reckless and emotional! because nothing can explian why he choose Superstar Miss Lee as his third romcom in a row! and maybe the worst of all three! I just wish this will not happen! its not yet confirm! we still have hope! :unsure:

1 hour ago, debbiechan said:

My heart did a little flip flop when I read the words "crazy, weird, suicidal, reckless, emotional." I've wanted to think of YSH as a sensitive but sensible guy, but I am fully aware that people have public personas that can hide immense internal turmoil.

Child stars especially are well-known for having unhappy adulthoods. And Korea is famous for the pressure it puts on stars. As many young stars return from the military this year and are giving charming interviews, I can't help but remember YSH who fled into the army so young to escape stardom (from leisure and money to a drill instructor and MRIs) and who gave a sobbing return public appearance. I always worry about him in a Jewish mama way. And the never ending news  of celebrity suicides and suicide attempts like the news about Go Hara recently---all this unsettles me.

I feel helpless enough in the face of this sort of unhappiness and emotional uncertainity. I know that there's nothing that can be done if someone doesn't want help or advice from others--the best thing to do is step away and watch people learn, make their own mistakes and learn from bad choices. As a parent, I learned this and know it's hard. As someone who is perpetually frustrated with (and scared for) YSH's poor career choices and possible emotional health, I know there's nothing than can be done other than hope and pray that his intelligence and better self will show him the way.

It always seems to be the most sensitive and smart ones who fall hardest, but maybe that's what they need to do to rise up again. I don't know. I can only speculate, but as someone who respects YSH's talent and really likes him and believes he's an especiallly good person, I'm going to be positive. I am going to believe that eventurally he'll learn from his mistakes.

I couldn't bear it if he destroys his career... or worse. :(

Nope.. I don't think it will be that worst! I always wondering if he is a happy person or not! I think he is quite empty inside (lack of interest in most things) or insecure but not broken! he still enjoy his life! recently he is more open up himself than before! you can see his instagram he got more and more friends! not sure how good these friends will be but al least his interest expand! I do think he don't like to listen or been told what right or wrong! he spend all his childhood listening to adults what to do.. he got enough of its! and he did mention the adults hurt him when he was a child! inside of him.. he still has a child in him! did he not said he still young in his FM! he may has pain inside but I believed not too serious! hope I am right about it! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, See Wong said:

Nope.. I don't think it will be that worst! I always wondering if he is a happy person or not! I think he is quite empty inside (lack of interest in most things) or insecure but not broken! he still enjoy his life! recently he is more open up himself than before! you can see his instagram he got more and more friends! not sure how good these friends will be but al least his interest expand! I do think he don't like to listen or been told what right or wrong! he spend all his childhood listening to adults what to do.. he got enough of its! and he did mention the adults hurt him when he was a child! inside of him.. he still has a child in him! did he not said he still young in his FM! he may has pain inside but I believed not too serious! hope I am right about it! 

Thanks for this. This makes sense. I am still very worried though. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Berou said:

@debbiechan Sorry :sweatingbullets:. I tried to carefully choose my words.

No need to apologize. I am just a worrywart. I go off worrying at the slightest thing.

26 minutes ago, Berou said:

... he doesn't want to please people for the "show". With him it's either take it or leave it. Hence he is so unncoventional and defies rules. But he works with a talent agency, which is a business. Every business wants to be profitable and  I believe no agency will be okay if one of the its talents persists on what he/she wants and keeps making bad choices. Bad choices equals no money and preventing the business to grow/flourish. Thus,  I don't think BS will agree with all his choices.

Exactly. I love his unconventionality. I celebrate this quality in family members and friends. But business is business. He has SAID he wants to be an actor and he wants to be a successful one. To do that, he needs to be less unconventional and play smarter. If he doesn't, he doesn't get to act and we will see less and less of him. No one wants that. To fail at business and one's life's goals affects one's emotional health as well. His current business choices spell bad news all around. But no one can make this realization but himself.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Berou said:

@debbiechan Sorry :sweatingbullets:. I tried to carefully choose my words. I am right now very confused and have got many questions in my head. I feel different emotions regarding his dramas choices . It is kind of interesting to note that his dramas choices mirror his hobbies : dangerous and crazy. 

You've pointed it out well,  it is obvious he is not happy. When I look at him,  I only see a lonely man.  

I am also scared of this scenario,  him destroying his career. Think about it, how long will he still get offers if most of his projects become flops ? Investors will run away from his dramas and will not be willing to invest their money because they will think they will not get any profits. No investors= no filming. 

Reading your post made be conflicted,  I dont know what to think. So I am going to refrain from judging or giving my opinion.

Yeah I've always known he is that kind of person,  he doesn't want to please people for the "show". With him it's either take it or leave it. Hence he is so unncoventional and defies rules. But he works with a talent agency, which is a business. Every business wants to be profitable and  I believe no agency will be okay if one of the its talents persists on what he/she wants and keeps making bad choices. Bad choices equals no money and preventing the business to grow/flourish. Thus,  I don't think BS will agree with all his choices.

Maybe that is the reason why he choose BS company! BS allow thier act more freedom! we can actually see most of the talents in this company are in hiatus status! I hope I am wrong! another thing is.. It's might not be YSH own choice to choose SML! it's might be both agree with the choice! How do we know what BS thinking!? but.. if all his fans againts it! both YSH and BS will notice this is not a right choice! the best! they drop it! 

If the worst do happen! he pick this project! Its may harm his career but I don't think it will distroy him! he has almost twenty years of relation with the audience! and people know the real him is a nice person! If this not work out and flop badly!! he may go into hiatus for longer time.. and think hard about the mistake! come back with a success! let's not to be too negative! be positive and optimistic! or SML will change the male lead character to suit TV drama! maybe he is just a playboy not a person look down at women! not a sexist! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, debbiechan said:

No need to apologize. I am just a worrywart. I go off worrying at the slightest thing.

Exactly. I love his unconventionality. I celebrate this quality in family members and friends. But business is business. He has SAID he wants to be an actor and he wants to be a successful one. To do that, he needs to be less unconventional and play smarter. If he doesn't, he doesn't get to act and we will see less and less of him. No one wants that. To fail at business and one's life's goals affects one's emotional health as well. His current business choices spell bad news all around. But no one can make this realization but himself.

Like you said.. business is business! this will not be YSH own personal Idea! must have to be he and his company both agree with it! If BS and himself choose the project! It's must be a reason! hopefully a good reason! and the first project to work together! I dont think BS want to fail it! and YSH is the biggest asset  for BS company! If they really pick this Superstar miss Lee... something might have to be change to suit YSH! they dont want to harm his career too!

6 hours ago, See Wong said:

Yes, that another sad sence he forgot his date with In-ah and went back to his old house, sitting infront of his door!! that sence so sad!! 

Both Jin Woo and Harry lost thier memory in the end!! but Jin Woo make me feel sadder! maybe It's a good ending! his extraordinary good memory gave him more painful than happiness! Harry.. I still think he is pretending he lost his memory! but think about it!! both still alive but the road infront of them will be sorrow and difficult! Harry has done a lots of mistake and bad things so he deserve in some extent! Yeo Woon die tragically but at least he no need to suffer his life till the end and he is living painfully and choose to end his own life! but Jin Woo.. he just pure bad luck! he lost his family! everybody look at him like a dirt because of his father! he cannot give his father a justice!! he is a good person and so pure and innocent!! he just tragic! :bawling:

Sigh. Dont cry :( Some endings are just sad like that and hit us really hard. Harry and Yeo Woon's endings were sad and  painful in their own ways. I'm afraid I dont think Harry Yeo Woon deserved the endings they got because I  understood their motivations ..both had different ways of reaction to their negative circumstances , one turned psychotic and lashed out in pain, other gave his life but yes you are right poor Jin Woo only got bad luck. True I also feel Harry was faking to lose his memory in the end but Jin Woo wasnt.Not entirely i think. Jin Woo wasnt hated by everyone though, he got justice and In Ah chose to follow him. It was really sweet of In ah to follow him even with his memories gone..he wasnt left completely alone atleast. In Ah was so sweet and loyal I'm sure she'd have loved and comforted him till the end, the ending was an open one and both walked the same path together . Well that was the only  bright part I could find in that sad ending , maybe u see it too? Cheer up and think that Jin Woo forever had someone beside him who did not hated him and loved and supported him forever.

• Like 1