Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

3 hours ago, Berou said:

Hi @debbiechan :). I loved reading your post, I've found myself nodding a few times when I read. 

Yeah I've also noticed it,  YSH fans are always supportive no matter the quality of his dramas and I've never seen them criticizing his choices or said truthfully, for example, My strange Hero was a mediocre drama. I'm hopeful too for his future acting works even though I dislike the  underlying reason for opting BS company. Indeed it was a weird answer since he played characters way older than him and even acted as a lawyer. Lawyer or doctor, same thing. Maybe he has realized that trying to establish himself as an adult actor by playing older characters was a wrong move as it seemed that he was forcing to not be seen as a child actor anymore. I take his answer as him saying  he is going to try to play characters closer to his age, consequently he will keep his youthful look for a few more years. 

I want him  to act in better dramas and movies before everything else. After so many poor projects, I agree that he deserves to shine in good projects. He has the talent to make a so-so drama with many plotholes watchable with his acting alone, it's thanks to him that I was able to watch 80 % of Ruler, in the end I couldn't do it anymore because his character regressed so much. 

I'd be happy if he becomes super popular but I consider popularity, his number of followers in instagram, his sold out fanmeetings or potential hit dramas secondary.  Those stuffs don't measure his acting and as you've said it, accordingly to how he carries himself and leads his acting career he cares more about being recognized as a good actor. Thus, I want him to work with good writers who know how to write characters tailored like a glove for him and good directors who know how to make use of his talent  and help him to act better. In this way, he will improve his acting skills that are already good and been praised ; and be recognized for them later as he wishes. I think YSH needs a break of a few years before filming another sageuk, I want him to film one again but he doesn't look to be interested now. In the meantime, he can explore other genres and play other characters than Crown Prince, King or joseon assassin. 

I was so happy to see that he had changed his hairstyle. Indeed he looks more grown-up with his unshaven facial hair and his hair swept to one side, he looks more to his age.  I hope he will keep this hairstyle for a long time. It gives him a new image.  So what's your bet on his next project according to his long hair ? 

I honestly have no idea what he might do with his long hair---all I know is that I love the long hair! I think a ruffian in an action film would be great. A period drama that isn't Joseon era would be good. How about a 20s/30s drama (that would mean short hair though but the period is interesting). I know most period dramas are difficult, expensive and wearying on actors, but a Silla era (like Song Joong Ki is doing right now) would be awesome (I'm dreaming, aren't I? Sigh). I'd like to see him in a serious, not cutesy role. Although I do love that smile.  I also think that directors take advantage of his ability to cry. He can speak so much with his eyes alone--unshed tears are more effective that oceans of tears. A good script is all I ask for, regardless of genre (ok, rom com isn't my thing--and he's already done two in a row). We should do a poll. He likes to film in winter, doesn't he? I don't think he'll take his shirt off. I think he's going to maintain his no gratuitous shower scenes streak. He's always worked out, but one needs to be in shape just to keep up with a rigorous shooting schedule. Ah, I can't wait. I hope it's really a good series this time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, See Wong said:

Oh! I am second that you spoke what I want to say, but you said it better! Yes, not everyone here speak up thier mind! love your post.. look forward to hearing more of you! :) 

Yes, It was @WoozyPrincess saw him in MBC awards! lucky princess! :) 

Yes it was me!! moi!!

I'm going to Seoul this summer.. a short trip cos my daughter will be going there for summer school (she is a kpop fan, hence pick Seoul), I hope I have another chance to bump into him.. heheheheh 

PS. DId I just divulge how "youthful" I am :blink::wacko:.. **running away in embarrassment.

• LOL 1

4 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Yes it was me!! moi!!

I'm going to Seoul this summer.. a short trip cos my daughter will be going there for summer school (she is a kpop fan, hence pick Seoul), I hope I have another chance to bump into him.. heheheheh 

PS. DId I just divulge how "youthful" I am :blink::wacko:.. **running away in embarrassment.

Hahaha No need to run away!! I guess @debbiechan found some one to go to Korea and bump into YSH! just control your volume! Please!

How lucky your doughter is.. but are you sure she going to pay attention on her study or Kpop oppa! :) 

8 hours ago, debbiechan said:

I honestly have no idea what he might do with his long hair---all I know is that I love the long hair! I think a ruffian in an action film would be great. A period drama that isn't Joseon era would be good. How about a 20s/30s drama (that would mean short hair though but the period is interesting). I know most period dramas are difficult, expensive and wearying on actors, but a Silla era (like Song Joong Ki is doing right now) would be awesome (I'm dreaming, aren't I? Sigh). I'd like to see him in a serious, not cutesy role. Although I do love that smile.  I also think that directors take advantage of his ability to cry. He can speak so much with his eyes alone--unshed tears are more effective that oceans of tears. A good script is all I ask for, regardless of genre (ok, rom com isn't my thing--and he's already done two in a row). We should do a poll. He likes to film in winter, doesn't he? I don't think he'll take his shirt off. I think he's going to maintain his no gratuitous shower scenes streak. He's always worked out, but one needs to be in shape just to keep up with a rigorous shooting schedule. Ah, I can't wait. I hope it's really a good series this time.

Yeah! I thinking of 20s/30s era too!! and yes again!! most of his drama/movie focus on his look too much! specially in MSH! I really don't know how I manage to finish watching it! 

He take off his cloths too much while he was a kid!! now he is in control, he really don't like to take off his cloth anymore! is that the reason he love filming in winter? a good reason he can wear lots of cloths! just a thought!

5 hours ago, See Wong said:

Hahaha No need to run away!! I guess @debbiechan found some one to go to Korea and bump into YSH! just control your volume! Please!

How lucky your doughter is.. but are you sure she going to pay attention on her study or Kpop oppa! :) 

That was the father's fear... but oh well, you only live once.. (says the mother who encourages the daughter because she sees it as an opportunity for the mother to go korea again!):D:w00t:

5 hours ago, See Wong said:

Yeah! I thinking of 20s/30s era too!! and yes again!! most of his drama/movie focus on his look too much! specially in MSH! I really don't know how I manage to finish watching it! 

He take off his cloths too much while he was a kid!! now he is in control, he really don't like to take off his cloth anymore! is that the reason he love filming in winter? a good reason he can wear lots of cloths! just a thought!

I think he prefers to work in winter because he can then play in summer. His hobby seems to be a summer kinda hobby..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, See Wong said:

i will make every effort to control myself and the volume if I am so lucky as to see Seung-ho! :lol:   @WoozyPrincess  Haha, I am as "youthful" as you. YSH has fans of all ages! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, debbiechan said:

i will make every effort to control myself and the volume if I am so lucky as to see Seung-ho! :lol:   @WoozyPrincess  Haha, I am as "youthful" as you. YSH has fans of all ages! 

Wish you as lucky as @WoozyPrincess and meet him while you are in Korea! Don't forget to tell us your story! 

How wonderful it is, YSH has fans all ages! he must be very please to know! :) 

18 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

That was the father's fear... but oh well, you only live once.. (says the mother who encourages the daughter because she sees it as an opportunity for the mother to go korea again!):D:w00t:

I think he prefers to work in winter because he can then play in summer. His hobby seems to be a summer kinda hobby..

Now I am confused!! Is the mother who want to go Korea and the daughter! :crazy:  I can understand the father fear! :w00t: 

Oh!! I just wish he can be very careful with his hobbies! first is drifting now is mountain bike!! he like the speed I think.. wait till he fall in love with Skiing!! :) 

14 hours ago, Berou said:

An action film/drama and a 20s/30s drama sound good. There are not many dramas based on that era. It must be a coincidence, I am watching the chicago typewriter right now :lol:. I think a drama based on that specific period is currently airing, different dreams ? But he didn't answer immediately to the action project question at his fanmeeting, he gave some thought before saying yes. So I guess it might not be an action movie/drama. 

Indeed his eyes are his biggest assets, they are really expressive. YSH is the type of actor who can pierce your screen with his intense glare. Directors should use more his eyes to make him act.   I want him in the future to play  a quiet man who doesn't speak much. It will challenge him to act mainly through his eyes, his body and his face. 

He will probably start filming in late summer and continue till early winter. 

I also vote for the no shirtless scene, YSH doesn't like doing fanservice. 

I am going to flip tables if it's again a rom-com :lol:, he has done 2 in a row. He should do something different. 

It's very hard to guess what type of role or project he is considering, we should look for actors who grew their hair for modern dramas. Maybe we'll get it right. 

I want to see him act in a drama who is very scruffy!! don't care about his look! his last two drama focus too much on his look! and wear far too much make up!! naturally he is very good looking without trying hard! I want to see him put all his effort purely on acting! do not care how his appearance! don't wear fancy cloths! so we can focus on his acting purely on his clean (scruffy) face, his body and his eyes! another thing.. Please don't cry anymore! no more tears! I want to see a different YSH! If any action will be a bonus! 

I want to see him in several roles but suited for his age such as

1) troubled young man (Uni or a couple of years out of school) - could be a biker, a gangster, a rebel chaebol -

2) Arrogant chaebol maneuvring the cut throat biz world

3) A detective/spy ala mission impossible/Bourne

4) A soldier

BAsically all those manly hawt roles

The genre can be thriller, crime, romance, angst .. just not romcom

• Like 2

Yoo Seung Ho In Talks To Star As Male Lead Of New Romantic Comedy

Yoo Seung Ho is working on selecting his next project!

On May 22, industry representatives reported that Yoo Seung Ho is will be starring as the male lead in “Superstar Miss Lee” (working title).

In response to the reports, his agency BS Company clarified, “‘Superstar Miss Lee’ is one of the projects that he is considering.”

Based on a Naver web novel of the same name, “Superstar Miss Lee” is a romantic comedy about Lee Yeo Jung, an employee of P Shopping whose soul becomes exchanged with a top actress after she gets involved in an accident.

Yoo Seung Ho has received the offer to play Im Jung Woo, Marketing Manager of P Shopping and the youngest son of P Group’s owner. Not only does he come from a wealthy family, but he also boasts a strong educational background and perfect looks. The character is expected to capture hearts through his romance with Lee Yeo Jung.

“Superstar Miss Lee” is expected to air in the latter half of this year or in early 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326475wpp/yoo-seung-ho-in-talks-to-star-as-male-lead-of-new-romantic-comedy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Yoo Seung Ho is working on selecting his next project!

On May 22, industry representatives reported that Yoo Seung Ho is will be starring as the male lead in “Superstar Miss Lee” (working title).

In response to the reports, his agency BS Company clarified, “‘Superstar Miss Lee’ is one of the projects that he is considering.”

Based on a Naver web novel of the same name, “Superstar Miss Lee” is a romantic comedy about Lee Yeo Jung, an employee of P Shopping whose soul becomes exchanged with a top actress after she gets involved in an accident.

Yoo Seung Ho has received the offer to play Im Jung Woo, Marketing Manager of P Shopping and the youngest son of P Group’s owner. Not only does he come from a wealthy family, but he also boasts a strong educational background and perfect looks. The character is expected to capture hearts through his romance with Lee Yeo Jung.

“Superstar Miss Lee” is expected to air in the latter half of this year or in early 2020.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326475wpp/yoo-seung-ho-in-talks-to-star-as-male-lead-of-new-romantic-comedy

Thanks for the news! 

Oh! Rom-com! again! what to say.. many of us here might be overwhelm by this news! I don't know what to say.. wealthy background, perfect look and romance it all sound so familiar! I am sorry to say that I wish he will not pick this project, I can see many yoopies really happy to see him in another romcom! but.. I am not!!! oh.. it there no other 'more challenging' roles to offer! :confounded: 

On 5/21/2019 at 4:59 AM, WoozyPrincess said:

I want to see him in several roles but suited for his age such as

1) troubled young man (Uni or a couple of years out of school) - could be a biker, a gangster, a rebel chaebol -

2) Arrogant chaebol maneuvring the cut throat biz world

3) A detective/spy ala mission impossible/Bourne

4) A soldier

BAsically all those manly hawt roles

The genre can be thriller, crime, romance, angst .. just not romcom

Yes, please. my personal favourite is no 3! Seungho Bourne! wow... if that really happen. :)

• Like 2

OMG I JUST got the news that Yoo Seung Ho is considering third rom com in a row???!!!  I wasnt even able to sit through the whole of  My Strange Hero. I got nothing against him wanting to play lighter roles than his past but honestly I'd love to see him try different genres . He is a very talented actor, he can do wonders with good script. I hope he gives this a pass but chances dont look so high. I wonder if we will ever get to see him in a good drama? Is it too much to ask for?  I'd love to see him grow more as an actor, try out different genres action, thriller, suspense, fiction etc etc  As a fan I do want a good drama, fame and success for him. Sigh I wish him luck though.

• Like 2