Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

Oh @Berou Thanks! thanks so much!! you make my day!

Yes, I begining to get worries!! he being too quiet! too quiet and that's worry!! YSH don't give up! I think he really do care about what people said about him! that's make him scared! the more people said bad things about him the more he want to hide himself! I actually trying hard not to check on him too often to avoid disappoinment! just can't wait for his news!! but I guess we have to wait till he in Japan!! only we can hear something about him! 

Let's just hope and pray!! :)

On 4/22/2019 at 3:41 AM, Berou said:

@See Wong I was actually thinking of the reality show real men 

He got interviewed about it  

Park Seul Gi asks him if he’d ever want to do “Real Men,” to which he says that even if he wanted to, he couldn’t. “I’d have to be bad for the show to be fun, but I was an assistant instructor. If they told me to shoot, I’d hit all the targets, and that’d be no fun.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/873043wpp/yoo-seung-ho-talking-xiumin-cant-go-real-men

Yes, I wish to see at least once his shooting skills in an action genre. 

He truly lacks confidence and is very critical of himself. He went into hiding and beat himself up over his two not so successful movies in 2016. Then, he got praised for his perfomance in Ruler and he recovered his confidence again and was into a high rush which made him to quickly choose his next drama, IANAR, two months after the ending of ruler.  I wish for him to finally get his breakthrough drama as an adult actor mainly because of his lack of confidence. Now he has become a bit scared to make a wrong move and to select too quickly a project. Usually when he goes into hiding like this, it's not a good sign. We should be hearing news of him reviewing scripts, being in talks but silence is reigning. I hope his next drama will propel him to the right path. No more bad dramas please. 

I also read his last FM interview, sadly the account who translated those and his news into english has gone hiatus. We've already lost YSHbiased who was our main source for english translated news since last year, now it looks like we've lost another kind soul who helped with the translations. 

@WoozyPrincess For you 

Hide contents

Thank you.. Loved it! Now itching to watch it again.

• Like 1

Hi guys

i know YSH does not have a lot of great dramas but i finished i am

not a robot and ruler of the mask and really want to watch him again. 

Can anyone give info if remember war of the son is worth watching? I attempted my strange hero but just could not stand the ridiculous plot. Now i am left with remember war of the son only. 

Any reviews? Is it mainly about revenge and no romance? 

10 hours ago, Berou said:

Btw I took time to re-read the Q&A of his 2018 FM

First of all, why does he always like sad stuff ? His karaoke song is western sky. And the song has high notes.. does he really sing it 'cause he said his mom adviced him to not sing, his voice was noise pollution. 

His answer to the blind date question made me laugh :lol:.  Lee Sun or Kim Min Kyu are the perfect boyfriend materials but he chose Harry because he is a psycho ! 

He doesn't know that he is always handsome, shower or not.  If he thinks he is handsome when he is taking showers, he needs then to film the dramas shower brooding scenes :ph34r:

Yes, I have notice this! I always thought he is quite sad! His latest Instagram.. he said he is 'Healing'! His eyes always look deep and sad to me! 

He mention about 'Shower' quite a few times.. he want a robot can help him to take shower! he look most handsome when he is in his shower.. Umm.. YSH, what you trying to tell us! :) hur?? :) :) 

24 minutes ago, Berou said:

Hi :)

There is a loveline but it is not the focus of the drama. If you decide to watch it, don't expect much from romance. The main focus is the revenge,which is much more interesting.

In my opinion Remember is his best post-military drama. The plot doesn't fizzle out, you have to be patient to see the son winning the war though. It takes time for him to get his revenge. 

Reviews

https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/remember-series-review/

https://thekoreanlass.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/review-remember-war-of-the-son/

https://blog.onehallyu.com/drama-review-remember-war-son/

@onioncube Go watch it! It's worth it! It's a good drama! get ready for a lots of tissues!! you may need it! :) 

1 hour ago, Berou said:

Maybe showers .. are a fetish place for him :lol:.  I remember vividly the look Uhm Ki Joon and Chae Soo bin gave to him when he said that !! They were startled and thought of something else hahaha :lol:. Honestly, who says he/ she wants to a robot to wash him/ her ? lol.  And the funniest thing is that he didn't let go of his robot-washer wish : he talked about his wish a few times. The first time was with CSB and UKJ, the second with CSB again I think and it was a promo video for IANAR's airing in China/ Taiwan, and then he talked about it again in post-dramas interviews. 

Reveal hidden contents

The song western sky  is about someone yearning for his/ her loved one who went to the sky. It's actually an OST of a movie , swallow blue,  / SPOILER / with a tragic ending of both leads dying.  The heroine physically went to the sky to die and join her lover. 

Indeed his eyes have so much sadness.  When he cries , you need to have a box of tissues with you :tears:

He said he likes sad stories ( I can't get my hands on that part from  his interviews)

It's fact that he hadn't an easy childhood and was hurt :

• His motto reveals it 
  • He chose IANAR because he relates to the main character who was an hermit due to his  allergies after being hurt by humans 
  •  He revealed being hurt Actually since young, I feel very tired working among adults, as a kid, I get ignored and I feel very disappointed and sad. Even though the adults think that I am still young and does not know the things around me, but even that, as a kid I am also very sensitive and I can feel. So whenever I see weaker people or people in trouble, I will take note of them. I want to earn money and give it back to the society. Also, I have a dream that has to do with the environment. As the Earth becomes warming as the ice caps are melting, Polar bears would need to carry their cubs and swim further distances, I feel very sad seeing them like this, so I don’t use disposable items, and I also don’t on the air-conditions, a dream of wanting to fight together for survival with the animals.  http://yshbiased.blogspot.com/2012/07/interview-vogue-august-issue-faces-of.html

His experience as a child actor should be an example to be taken account seriously and sheds light to how child actors are being treated. His words come up quite frequently,  he has never talked about the extent of his emotional hurt. At least, we know it is as deep as not being able to meet people and becoming close to them

Reveal hidden contents

@Berou I remember my first question here in soompi was asking 'Do you think Yoo Seung Ho a happy person?' I got an answer he is Contents! yes, he will be! as he is wealthy enough to be content! but is he happy inside!? I think he might not be.. A childhood memory or experience migh stay forever with you! I have a feeling he got hurts a lot in 'Don't tell Papa'!! It's was painful for me to watch a kid doing all these staff!! specially the shower scene! but then he love to talk about the shower things!! :) maybe I am wrong!! 

I really admire him for his kind heart! he do not turn on the air conditions is a wonderful thing to do!! the way he treats other on film set is another wonderful thing! specially to the extra and child actors! Child actor I can understand as he once was! but still admire him for what he did! I can carry on and on telling stories about how good he is.. lets not talk about it this time! I just wish he can healed and stay focus on his career! Don't stop before he get there! umm... maybe he finally found a close friend which can understand him as he is an actor too!! 

Oh yes.. @Berou Thanks for the video clips!! he look amazing in the Magician! really beautiful as I may said! if the story wasn't that bad.. It should be a good film! YSH should not blame himself.. blame the writers!! :) 

On 4/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, Berou said:

Goods for his fanmeeting 

OMG I want that lightstick !! The japanese fans are so lucky T.T

Yes there were a lot of uncomfortable scenes.  I don't know whose idea was to make a movie containing sexual jokes with a kid :blink:

His korean wikipedia page calls  that bathroom scene " black history"

Reveal hidden contents

In 2004, there was a bathroom scene in 'Don't tell Papa' , it's not a C class but a R-rated movie (...).  In this movie, there was a bath scene with Chae Min Seo .  This is a lifetime black history that you can't even tell your dad.  And at that time, Yoo Seung-ho's grandmother looked at the film's promotional copy, she was furious with his parents and director saying " Did you put our golden grandson in a movie like this?"

Yes maybe he found a close friend who is an actor too because moving to his agency only for the reason he is listed as a talent there is a very big thing from YSH. That means he trusts him. It looks like he has done his homework on how sharing your mind with people. 

You are welcome :) The FMVS are really beautiful, I wish the movie was as good as the FMVs. The story was good but I always felt it lacks something to make us root for the couple and become engaged. It was a starcrossed love story but I wasn't affected if they would or would not end up together. The movie just felt a little bit flat to me. 

My favourite shot of him is this one

He always  gets praises ....

Rough translation 

Radio show's Park Myung-soo X Stanley and Yoo Seung-ho praised  as "a thorough actor in self-control."

Singer Park Myung-soo and film professor and producer Stanley praised actor Yoo Seung-ho.

In the "Cine Downtown" section of KBS CoolFM's "Park Myung-soo's Radio Show," which aired on Monday, he talked about child actors.

"In the past, there was a lot of talk about child actors acting . But now, the acting ability of child actors has become significant," he said, explaining that child actors have developed their acting.

DJ Park Myung-soo mentioned Yoo, saying, "If you are the best-grown actor among child actors, you cannot exclude Yoo Seung-ho."

"Yoo Seung-ho made a deep impression in the movie 'the way Home' when he was nine years old," Stanley said. "The movie industry is also full of praise. Yoo Seung-ho went to the army as soon as he became an adult. He went to the military cleanly and started acting in earnest, so he is really  good  to manage myself," he said.

I just so worried he lost his ambitious! he love acting but he not really into the actor's life and he still cannot adjust his private life to public life! he is not fame hungry! he not working for money! the only motiviation he has is the satisfaction from his acting and get recognized! If he don't have it.. I am not sure will he carry on! 

I always fear he will step in Won Bin path!! but.. Let's hope it's won't happen! He still very young!! 

This is my favourite from the magicain!

Related image

Beautiful but sad... just like him! beautiful and fragile! he is amazing and truly beautiful actor! just love him by looking at this picture! I want to see more of him! 

7 hours ago, See Wong said:

I just so worried he lost his ambitious! he love acting but he not really into the actor's life and he still cannot adjust his private life to public life! he is not fame hungry! he not working for money! the only motiviation he has is the satisfaction from his acting and get recognized! If he don't have it.. I am not sure will he carry on! 

I always fear he will step in Won Bin path!! but.. Let's hope it's won't happen! He still very young!! 

This is my favourite from the magicain!

Related image

Beautiful but sad... just like him! beautiful and fragile! he is amazing and truly beautiful actor! just love him by looking at this picture! I want to see more of him! 

p/s I think his grandmom would get even furious after watching the movie! they might not let her watch it!! :) 

:) go get the lightstick!!! its awesome! haha

14 hours ago, Berou said:

I also do get worries that he would one day stay longer ( for years) in his cave . But he had two years to think long and hard about his career, I am sure he weighed the pros against the cons, in the end he chose to continue the acting. If he loved it less, I believe he would have retired.  Acting caused him so much hurt, yet he still acts. He genuinely loves acting and as long as he loves it, he will continue to act. I feel the path YSH wants to pursue is the path of an actor who is praised and loved for his acting. He sincerely accepts all the comments, either positive or negative, and reflects on them. Thus, he  prefers to be recognized for his acting than for his fame/ success . It is likely, in my opinion, that he will purposely choose, if given the chance,  more low-profile and experimental projects to hone his acting skills regardless of their success. If they become successful, it's only a bonus for him. I can see him doing some independant movies one day.  Let's wait for his choices for the next projects !!

that gif of him !!  Yes, his character was deep in sorrow, he lived aimlessly and drank every night until he met Go Ara's character. 

It's impossible for non-japanese fans to buy that lightstick, it's exclusively for his japanese fanmeetings :(. It will be only sold at his fanmeetings. It is made by his official japanese fan club, not BS company.  It's very cool that YSH also has his own lightstick now :) !! 

Ummmm... I think he has no time to stay in his cave!!?? now he is into his new hobby! Ride motorbike.. mountain bike!!! 

https://www.instagram

Umm... Enjoy but be very careful!! it's not like inside a car!? 

2 hours ago, Berou said:

@See Wong Oh Gosh ! That's more dangerous !! He is really into sports/hobbies that are risky and induce an adrenaline rush. Even Kwak Dong Yeon got worried and told him to be careful. 

Yeah!! Not sure I am happy for him or worried for him! in a car it's won't be too bad!! on a motorbike!! it's so much riskier than a car! oh come on!! times for works!! enough of playing!!! :) 

8 hours ago, Berou said:

Same here. I don't know if I should be happy or worried :/. So, I guess next time he will try to execute difficult figures, like those ones ? 

It looks like he is now spending his time on his new hobby, so work will come later haha... We need to wait for a while. 

Oh! No No.... I don't want to see this....suddenly this remind me of James Dean! he love of speed and that's soothing him! Oh... Mr YSH! Don't get addicted! be very careful! take good care of yourself and think of people who love you. 

Yes, I am now very disappointed with BS company, It's a company for actors to go hiding/hiatus/maternity leave/addicted to games!! all sort... :( 

On 4/28/2019 at 6:11 PM, Berou said:

I hope something won't happen to him :mellow:. Car drifting isn't that dangerous because it doesn't involve high speed driving, it's a driving technique. But switching to moto cross is asking for more risks. With a wrong maneuver,  you can end up being paralyzed. 

I've noticed his agency usually gives good advices or help his talents to act in good dramas. Recently, actor Go Joon appeared in the fiery priest that became a hit, all the cast got a vacation reward. I didn't watch it but I read the fans reactions, the ones who watched it praised it. Actors Kim Seo Kyung and Lee Si Son acted in the player, which was well-received too ( and praised for its quality). So YSH can stay in his cave as long as he wants, the only thing  I wish is  that next time I watch his drama,  I won't pull my hair out or get frustrated or roll my eyes because of its plot and bad writing. 

Oh! Just hope he will pick a drama this Autumn! now, I cannot set my hope too high... I just wish any type of drama but hopefully not a RomCom! Wish BS Company will get him a good drama! He need one! :) 

On 4/30/2019 at 3:50 PM, Berou said:

@daddyoo :lol: I was looking at the news before loging in soompi. Her next drama is going to be about a constitutional monarchy in the likes of Empress Dignity/ last empress and Goong, and the male lead she is looking for is someone between 20-30 y.o who is a hallyu star. She always cast super popular male leads with unsuccessful attempts to have Won Bin in one of her dramas. Do you think YSH has any chances ?  Let's keep hoping :lol::lol:

On a side note, I have mixed feelings about her : I hated the heirs and  DOTS, didn't really get into GOBLIN but really liked Mr Sunshine. 

I do hope YSH will get it! Doesn't matter about the heirs etc! as long as most of her drama really get very popular! that will help YSH with his career!! Only If she cast him and he accepted it! let's hope! One big hit drama!

20 hours ago, Berou said:

I'm so proud, his FM tickets are sold out !

How many tickets sold in one FM show?

3 hours ago, Berou said:

I have a different opinion than yours on that. Fame is indeed tempting but KES doesn't have a track record of writing good dramas, so if she writes something like the heirs I will drop it like a hot potato. And I am going to rant endlessly about the bad writing IF YSH is cast lol.  There are other big writers who are better than her. PBG and KSH have high chances to be cast, they have the hallyu power she is looking for.  

I googled about the number of seats in each FM locations

Dojima River Forum

Reveal hidden contents
Number of seats Theater type (chair only) Up to approximately 1,200 seats 
School type (desks / chairs) Up to 176 tables 528 seats 
Party type (standing food) Approximately 500 people 
Standing type up to approximately 2,000 people

http://www.dojimariver.com/hall/

So I guess 1200 tickets got sold. 

Toyosu PIT 

Reveal hidden contents

Seating capacity

• Standing: 3,103 people
  • When seated: 1,328 seats

The seating area of our facility is only on the first floor.

The seating arrangement at the time of seating depends on the performance, so please contact the organizers of each performance

https://toyosu-pit.team-smile.org/floor/index.html

Yes, I got your point! I really do as I used to think exactly the same! These few weeks I pay some attention on reading others fans comment! Like you said.. some fans leave YSH because of MSH! read some 'other' fans they comments about YSH is going down hill! a past tense! after not so successful 'Ruler'! a meh IANAR and a really bad MSH! nothing could possibly worst than that! when I watch IANAR I actually finish watching the whole drama! you may godsmacked that I am actually finish it! when I pick up the drama I do not have any hope this will be a masterpiece! infact it was really childish! I think it got popularity overseas just because of the two lead super cute and attract thousands of teenagers! but this will not last long! and he give us another blow! a big blow with MSH! I try my best to finish watching it! Yes... I did! don't smack me! Yes.. I did.. maybe fast foward a bit will help! especially when focusing on his extra hot red lip! I don't understand the make up artist! not just him.. he and KDY like having a competition to each other.. totally ignore JBA! :) and that's the reason I think it is not a bad thing to pick up a drama if the drama promise to be a hit!! let push him up a bit! make him a leading trend! like SJK! so after IANAR and MSH.. nothing could be worst!! as long as not another flop/teenage drama or hiding in his cave!

On the other hand!! when I watch Where Stars land!! when i watch the first episode I ask myself!! Why YSH did not get the role of Lee Soo Yeon! but very soon! I think no one can be a better Lee Soo Yeon than Lee Je Hoon! he is so good! his acting is somewhere.. even YSH praised LJH in his movie Anarchist from Colony! YSH said something like he did not know you can act so calmly and so effective! he is very admired LJH senior! I think he want to be recognize as an actor! among the young actor I really want YSH become young actor like Yoo Ah In! like LJH! never want him to be another JCW, LJS or LMH! :) 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, Berou said:

@See Wong Oh Gosh ! That's more dangerous !! He is really into sports/hobbies that are risky and induce an adrenaline rush. Even Kwak Dong Yeon got worried and told him to be careful. 

Now that you see.. where he is riding his Bike!

That's more worries you get!!! he said Stress relieved again!! How much Stress and pain he has!

6 hours ago, Berou said:

@See Wong I know where you are coming from. You are , as I am, desperate to see his career getting better. I want him to make the right choices from now on, but choosing a drama that would grant him nothing but fame is not the best/ wisest choice. If YSH has a meaty role and has the opportunity to show his acting skills, I am going to say:  go ahead, take it son ! If he is going to play another rich pretty boy, I am going to say : no, stay away from it. And fame is temporary and is a double edge sword : you are going to be at #1 coveted spot only for a matter of time before someone else comes and steals your spot;  and if you choose to play a rich pretty boy, the following offers for projects will be similar. Because I've noticed the actors who have made it tend to be the victims of their own success , the roles / dramas following their success are similar to the one who made them popular. They're having a hard time to diversify their filmography. 

But let's put this discussion aside since we still don't know who will be KES' next male actor. Let's focus on the FM !! Do you think YSH will got to the airport and the reporters will be present or he will stay faithful to himself and be a ninja ? 

Since he needs to prepare for it and rehearse, I think he will go one day earlier. So tomorrow he must be taking the plane.  

edit : I see, that's in the middle of mountains. Stress relief ?! :o. He should be excited and happy instead ! He will see his fans soon

his IG update

trans : Stress relieved. i am preparing for a fanmeeting. See you soon ! 

@Berou Thanks, I am too do not want to see him play a pretty rich boy or any Romcom! I want to see him play some character with dept emotion and intense personality! No.. not the heirs type!! Secret garden make Hyun Bin more famous and international success! and now Hyun Bin is an actor with respected and he make his choise carefully and makes some good movies! yes, before secret garden Hyun Bin already very success, just like YSH, he is success and famous! but at a low at this very moment! If a drama is promising to make him go further it's no harm to play a part! but if you ask me, I want him to be like Yoo Ah In! make so many success movies and won a lots of awards! and yes, let's drop this subject! we actually share some same interest! let's focus on his FM! 

I wish we can see some Airport pictures like last time.. but I think we may not be so lucky this time! but surely we will see a lots of good pictures and news about the FM! let's hope some good news about his next project too! :) 

Joining in

1) the airport conversation..

I think he will not be a ninja. He will meet his fans.. 

2) his newest thrill

I want him to do whatever that makes him happy.. but could he take a less risky route??

3) fame/good role

Of course ideally I want him to get a good role that can propel him to stardom. But for now.. i can live with a cheesy role that propel him to stardom. I really do want him to get good roles, but his lack of star power despite he is well recognised for his acting chops, may be the reason why he is not offered meaty role. Producers and writers want their drama to do well.. and actors with star power (or even Idols with lots of fans) is one easy way to get a certain level of popularity of a drama or movie at the start. 

Ok.. just my two cents' worth.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Joining in

1) the airport conversation..

I think he will not be a ninja. He will meet his fans.. 

2) his newest thrill

I want him to do whatever that makes him happy.. but could he take a less risky route??

3) fame/good role

Of course ideally I want him to get a good role that can propel him to stardom. But for now.. i can live with a cheesy role that propel him to stardom. I really do want him to get good roles, but his lack of star power despite he is well recognised for his acting chops, may be the reason why he is not offered meaty role. Producers and writers want their drama to do well.. and actors with star power (or even Idols with lots of fans) is one easy way to get a certain level of popularity of a drama or movie at the start. 

Ok.. just my two cents' worth.

@WoozyPrincess Welcome to joining in!! :)

Agree with all 1,2 and 3. no 1, I like to see him meeting his fans too... just like last time he went to LA! these 2 days we should know!

no 2, Yeah!! do what ever to make himself happy!! but dont forget to works harder! play hard works harder!! 

no 3, That's the same feeling I had lately!! I always wanted him to get a good role rather than a young pretty boy type of roles, he has enough of that... but recently I begining to think that he need a push!! people begining to think he going downhill and lost some of his star power! If the drama promise to be a hit! but not too cheesy.. not a dumb pretty boy again!! :) I will not mind he take it! If he got another MSH type of drama again.. I will probably flip all my tables in my house! :) 

• Like 1

hii guys i was a silent lurker for months.since my school is closed these days i will try to be more active.anyways that lightstick is:love::love: and does anyone know where to watch cultwo show [ ep which ysh appeared] with eng sub

2nd slide tho...:lol:perfect for ysh

Edited by dinithma
  • Like 1