Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

3 hours ago, Berou said:

Yeah that's the first thing I said lol. He looks really young for a CEO ! I am happy to see him being close like that with his CEO. It's very promising ! Usually young people  have fresh ideas, so maybe his CEO will help YSH to have a " fresh" image without him doing any rom-coms. YSH has a mature vibe because of the melodramas he did, so I think he wanted an image change and look younger. Hence he chose doing rom-coms. But they are polar opposite : melodramas and rom-coms. His CEO will certainly advise him well and help him to find projects that are the right range without playing extremes. 

I felt bad right now, you need to explain to me twice :sweatingbullets:. Idk if he can give YSH a new image, but I'm sure he will put YSH as his first priority. Then he need to promote him now. I think this is the time for YSH to pick a new project right?

4 minutes ago, Berou said:

Ah sorry. I didn't intend to make you feel bad. I wish he gives YSH a new image :), let's hope he succeeds. We dont know YSH's plans, it is kind of hard to guess what he intends to do. If he wants to do a movie, yes he should start looking for a new project. If he wants to do a drama, he will choose one later, usually near September. I am looking at casting news everyday, I hope we will get soon some news. I will go crazy if in July/ August he is still in his cave lol. 

My fault, need to read your comment from the first place

lol thats a nightmare for his fans! Yes why there's no casting news! I see many casting news even from rookie's actors but why there's no YSH :mellow:

On 4/3/2019 at 6:24 PM, Berou said:

Well this thread was created even before I registered a soompi accoount. It has been running since 2007. I thank every yoopie who came here. I don't expect the ones who were here 10 years ago to come back. Since I've been posting in YSH thread I saw some yoopies who stayed for some time before leaving. That's just disheartening. It just means YSH doesn't have a strong loyal fanbase.  Why ? Is it because he doesn't promote a lot ? I don't think so, there are many seniors actors who are low-profile and have a strong fanbase ( e.g Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Song Seung Heun etc...). These actors have never set their foot in a reality show, don't appear regularly in events and don't communicate with fans ( Hyun Bin and Gong Yoo don't have SNS accounts !). So reality shows and so on won't help YSH to secure a strong loyal fanbase. What he needs furthermost is good movies and dramas because those seniors became big because they starred in hit dramas, they are where they are thanks to dramas and movies. 

Sorry, but talking about YSH fans who just come and out in this thread, actually other actors's thread not that active too except their drama thread that still ongoing, thats why we cant use soompi thread as a standar of his fanbase. YSH's fans are pretty active in Twitter and IG, just look at how many comments YSH have everytime he update his IG. and yes a big problem about YSH that he didnt have many activities. there's nothing we cant update about him :sweatingbullets:  Plus naturally actor's fanbase is not as big and as loyal like idol fanbase, its rare for an actor to have a stable fanbase, what they need is a place in showbiz industry, something who can create buzz whenever he accept a project.

For me Reality show help a lot for underrated actor. it depened on rating too of course.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:53 PM, Berou said:

@rahma92 these are pics of him in Vietnam actually. He is already  back in Korea, I read he stayed in Vietnam for 3 nights and 4 days ?!  Fans gave him gifts before he left. 

[HanCinema's News] DC Inside Poll Names Yoo Seung-ho as Best Child Actor

The community portal website DCInside and the trend search company MyCeleb ran a poll from March 17th to March 23rd asking who was the biggest child actor. Yoo Seung-ho won the poll with 32.3 percent of the overall vote

Because he's grown-up now, it's easy to forget that Yoo Seung-ho got his start as a child actor. In general he played the younger versions of protagonists in the flashback portions of TV dramas. However, he did have a memorable turn as the lead role in "The Way Home" back in 2002.

Kim Yoo-jung was second with 22.3% of the total vote. Yeo Jin-goo had 17.2% His co-star from "The Crowned Clown", Lee Se-young, had 11%.

Written by William Schwartz

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-dc-inside-poll-names-yoo-seung-ho-as-best-child-actor-128210.html

I hope Yoo seung ho gets paired with kim yoo jung in a drama. I watched Kim Yoo Jung in moonlight drawn by the clouds and she is really an amazing actress. Her big round eyes just like YSH can speak.  I can imagine what a great chemistry they will make if they team up. 

agree? 

1 hour ago, Berou said:

Yeah... but if you compare the stats, his soompi thread has only over 200 pages whereas the other actors threads have minimum 600 pages.  Same with twitter or instagram, the other actors have millions of followers compared to YSH who has 600K. 

I think @See Wong meant that YSH should be  a permanent cast of a variety show, not a very brief appearance to promote his dramas or movies.  Because she said she wanted him to be popular and the reason why he is not a big star yet is because he doesn't do variety shows. So, I don't see how he can become more popular if he appears twice or thrice in some variety shows ?

Of course if he does reguarly variety shows, he will become popular but will be known for his variety star persona rather than for his acting, movies or dramas. Hence we debated over the topic and I said what YSH needs the most is good acting gigs, not variety shows .

It would be lovely to see their pairing :) ! She is really a good actress. However not for now, I prefer KYJ to grow up a bit and mature more. KYJ and YSH have known each other since childhood, YSH even sent her a congratulatory message on the day of her high school graduation. 

Yes, It's true when you compare YSH to others star whether in Soompi/Instagram/Tweeter/Weibo! he only have less! so much less! even his latest Vietnam trips only generated mere topic! less than hundreds people talk about it! not like others easily get over thousands people talking about them!! If people catch some pictures of others famous Korean male actors it would went virus! 

Umm.. yes, when YSH sign his new Agent! the first thing in my mind is a movie! a Big movie with super cast! he no need to be the main lead but has to be big cast!!! better if his character is a bad guy!! make differents! lets people see other side of him! praise his acting skill!! second thing is!! if they still making a reality show like little house in the forest! last series we have So Ji Sub and Park Shin Hye in the cast!  this type of show will not cast the actors as variety star! it's just shown people their realself! lets people know more about them!! 3 meals a day wasn't a bad choice either!! no need to be a permanent in 3 meals! a few episodes will do!! or maybe some travel show like traveller. I personaly dont like Running Man that much! but Soong Joong-Ki did not type cast as variety star!! I just need YSH to expose himself more before his star is fading!! the less star power he has the smaller offer he will get! things just get worst!! like @rahma92 said.. the best wirters best director only interested in 80s star! that true... a few 90s star get recognize too!! YSH can easily be one of them!! if he chose his path right! let himself expose more in public eyes! lets people talk about him!! 

Last!! I not quite agree with paring him with others Child grown actors! let him move forward!! I dont think YSH like to be remember as a child actor!! let him be a young adult actor! a realiable/trustable actor! I think he want to be that type of actor!

12 hours ago, rahma92 said:

If we look at competitor, YJG last drama doing really well this year and KYJ have big popularity since MDBC so YSH can Top the chart, its really a good thing :D 

Yes, It is really a good thing! I agree with that! :) 

but... I would like to see YSH his name compare with Lee Joon Gi! his charm compare with Ji Chang Wook! his popurality compare with Lee Minho!! yes!! I am greedy! I want him in the same level with Park Bo Gum!! 

hahhaha so you will have both your favourite actor in the same league!!! :wub: 

13 hours ago, Berou said:

It would be lovely to see their pairing :) ! She is really a good actress. However not for now, I prefer KYJ to grow up a bit and mature more. KYJ and YSH have known each other since childhood, YSH even sent her a congratulatory message on the day of her high school graduation. 

I agree to wait for them to grow up a bit and hopefully get a really good script that will showcase their talents.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:59 PM, Berou said:

Yeah... but if you compare the stats, his soompi thread has only over 200 pages whereas the other actors threads have minimum 600 pages.  Same with twitter or instagram, the other actors have millions of followers compared to YSH who has 600K. 

Didnt YSH just start his instagram? YSH still didnt have a hallyu drama in his pocket thats why...  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rahma92 said:
  Hide contents

LMFAO  I forget theres hallyu actor in 90 line is PBG. There's article said that since 2017 he got 20+ drama and movie offers. He will work with GY in his next project, and with big writer too.  

How could you forget your own PBG! he even on top of Forbes most power Korean celebrity! pair with SHK in Encounter and get very good ratings on TVn! I can only wish YSH get into the same level! 

On 4/6/2019 at 5:48 PM, See Wong said:

Spoiler

I still hoping YSH will start appear in variety show, it will be good for him and his carrer. I wonder does he have celebrity' friends? The only one I know just so jisub.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, rahma92 said:

Wow interisting. Number 2 YSH

Ummm... good news but seem unlikely! YSH said a few thing he don't want to do! He don't want to dress as a woman again! because he said he look like a man and not pretty enough in Seondal! second.. after Ruler he said he don't like to get back in Joseon drama! at least not in a few years time!! third!! this is another RomCom in Joseon period!! I rather he take some serous drama!! 

The actor I think perfect for this role is Cha Eun-woo!! he will be prettier than girl! :) 

When I watch 'Where Stars Land'.. I watch it because Chae Soo-bin is in the drama! as soon as the drama begin I can tell this is a good drama! I just tell myself why YSH did not get the job! this drama is ten times better than MSH!! but after a few episodes.. I am changing my mind! Lee Je-hoon is perfect for the role! he make Lee Soo-yeon alive! LJH is a great actor! so.. CSB get a very good drama after IANAR! YSH get MSH!! He himself might has been disappointed with MSH! so I just wish YSH choose his next project very seriously!! or make some effort! like @Berou said.. if he still in his own cave by August!! I will be extremely disappointing!! just hope not! 

Edited by Berou
please don't quote images

@See Wong I dont mind with romcom in saeguk, its still refreshing. But they already casted other actor. :sweatingbullets: yes where star land totally better than MSH. Never imagined YSH take that role tho. For what I know LJH not the first candidate for that drama, same with CSB. My biggest worried about YSH, there's no casting news about him. I hope he still get drama offers.  :(

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

@See Wong I dont mind with romcom in saeguk, its still refreshing. But they already casted other actor. :sweatingbullets: yes where star land totally better than MSH. Never imagined YSH take that role tho. For what I know LJH not the first candidate for that drama, same with CSB. My biggest worried about YSH, there's no casting news about him. I hope he still get drama offers.  :(

Yes, LJH and CSB wasn't the first choice! Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye was the first choice! but both of them declined it! then both of them went for MoA! good choice! but I actually prefer WSL! and I still think no one will be better than LJH! then second choice is PBG and B suzy.. both declined too!! but I am quite glad LJH and CSB got the roles!!

YSH will get offer.. but just what type of offer! good budget drama!? Please!!! just not something like MSH or similar type!! that's why.. he need to promote himself!! let's people focus on him!!! :)

3 hours ago, See Wong said:

Yes, LJH and CSB wasn't the first choice! Hyun Bin and Park Shin Hye was the first choice! but both of them declined it! then both of them went for MoA! good choice! but I actually prefer WSL! and I still think no one will be better than LJH! then second choice is PBG and B suzy.. both declined too!! but I am quite glad LJH and CSB got the roles!!

YSH will get offer.. but just what type of offer! good budget drama!? Please!!! just not something like MSH or similar type!! that's why.. he need to promote himself!! let's people focus on him!!! :)

Spoiler

I dont really like MOA actually

He needs more cf to make him get offers for good budget drama. And there's no any news about him get cast in drama. 

I just found this 

When asked if he wanted to appear on variety shows, Yoo Seung Ho answered, "I have no confidence in varieties. The person Yoo Seung Ho is not a very funny person. I do need something to break me into that world, but I'm still not quite ready for variety shows for the moment." 

Cr https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/yoo-seung-ho-showers-astros-cha-eun-woo-with-compliments-about-his-visuals

Every actors said that they're not funny but still come to variety show. Someone need to push him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berou said:

Those types of variety shows suit him,  I can't see him in running man or 2N1D for example. The thing with variety shows is the overexposition. You need to be really careful and not let your image as a celeb to be over exposed if you want to do variety shows because koreans tend to quickly get tired of seeing stars on a regular basis. Another issue is the confusion of the variety persona and the actors playing characters in acting gigs.  Viewers  confuse the actor appearing in variety shows with their characters, they can't distinguish them.  So movies/ dramas and variety shows is not a good combo. But if YSH appears briefly, for a short period, in a variety show, why not. It could boost his popularity a bit. 

Nahh, I agree with every point adressed by @See Wong. If YSH was casted, I would have flipped some tables. May I add he is now nearing 26 and a bit past those teens/ youthful dramas. Until when will he do youthful dramas ? He is already struggling for being an ex-child actor with a baby face, so doing teens dramas do nothing but harming his image ! What he needs now is a role, a movie or a drama, in which he proves that he has now become a man, he is now an adult actor worthy of being recognized. He needs to be considered/regarded as an adult actor on par with his peers. 

I am actually already disappointed with him and BS company. I know it is too early to draw any conclusion but I can't help it. He is MIA ( missing in action) as usual, not caring about promoting himself or whatsover ( for example doing some CFs or shooting pictorials, attending fan signs events). Until now there is no difference between BS company and his former agency, San ent : they both are bad at promoting him.  My deadline is July/ August, then I will seriously lose patience and if he returns with a drama similar to MSH or IANAR, I will seriously flip tables. I just can't let myself getting disappointed over and over again. Nope, that's enough. 

some news of him

Am I the only one really not that interesting with his Drifting car racing type of things!! Am I the only one want to shout out loud!! stop spending your precious times doing all these Shxx! ( sorry my bad language) and focus on your career!! soon 26!! 27 for Korean!! but to be honest! If he don't care about his own career!! what can we 'fans' do!!! after his first fan letter on his Daum fan cafe and no one answer! ( his own fault really!! there is no one yet in the cafe ) till now there is more than two thousand 3 hundreds fans.. he never go back and write something to his fans! He really need to do something! I knew he is so friendly and kind when he meet his fans! he is really good manners to everybody!! he has one very good personality that everybody love him! but just not ambitious enough or confidence enough!! or maybe he really dont want to be famous just want to 'do nothing' and seriously one job per year principle!! @Berou count on me too!! If there is no news and no promoting on him till August!! I will be lost patience too!! If he lost his die heart fans.. Its will be seriously harm!! Please YSH!! do something!! Don't waste your telents and your very handsome face hiding in your own cave! 

11 hours ago, Berou said:

Nahh, I agree with every point adressed by @See Wong. If YSH was casted, I would have flipped some tables. May I add he is now nearing 26 and a bit past those teens/ youthful dramas. Until when will he do youthful dramas ? He is already struggling for being an ex-child actor with a baby face, so doing teens dramas do nothing but harming his image ! What he needs now is a role, a movie or a drama, in which he proves that he has now become a man, he is now an adult actor worthy of being recognized. He needs to be considered/regarded as an adult actor on par with his peers. 

They casted another actor, older than YSH for that drama to be honest. I think age doesnt matter. 

And yes he need a new image, better role. But its not thats simple. Some actors just have two drama offers, excpet you are insanely popular then you will get like 5-8 drama offers. And with that many offers, of course you can did various role. We dont know how many drama offers YSH get. Before MSH, he said that he didnt want to do romcom anymore, but unfortunately he take MSH. Why? I think its because he didnt get a good project. Maybe he already wait too long, and MSH the only project he have. 

11 hours ago, Berou said:

I am actually already disappointed with him and BS company. I know it is too early to draw any conclusion but I can't help it. He is MIA ( missing in action) as usual, not caring about promoting himself or whatsover ( for example doing some CFs or shooting pictorials, attending fan signs events). Until now there is no difference between BS company and his former agency, San ent : they both are bad at promoting him.  My deadline is July/ August, then I will seriously lose patience and if he returns with a drama similar to MSH or IANAR, I will seriously flip tables. I just can't let myself getting disappointed over and over again. Nope, that's enough. 

I just realize his last drama just end 3 months ago, so yes its too early. Getting CF is not as easy as you think. YSH got 2 flop drama already, and there's many trending actors who actually more cheaper and can create more buzz than YSH. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

They casted another actor, older than YSH for that drama to be honest. I think age doesnt matter. 

And yes he need a new image, better role. But its not thats simple. Some actors just have two drama offers, excpet you are insanely popular then you will get like 5-8 drama offers. And with that many offers, of course you can did various role. We dont know how many drama offers YSH get. Before MSH, he said that he didnt want to do romcom anymore, but unfortunately he take MSH. Why? I think its because he didnt get a good project. Maybe he already wait too long, and MSH the only project he have. 

I just realize his last drama just end 3 months ago, so yes its too early. Getting CF is not as easy as you think. YSH got 2 flop drama already, and there's many trending actors who actually more cheaper and can create more buzz than YSH. 

I am sure @Berou fully aware of this!! I am completely agree with Berou, don't take this offer even he was the first choice! after IANAR/MSH he would be badly damage if he has another drama don't suit him!! I find it quite difficult to watch him in MSH and I found him lack of something in the presscon!! YSH should do something more mature! something like Suits/Lawless Lawyer! proof himself from his previous Remember! or Signal!! a detactive!! a character with deep emotion! no more easy drama with no dept!! he need to recognized as an actor! not an idol! 

YSH is a very famous actor and well love by the netizens! if he dont get many offer that's all because he don't try to get it! he should do more and get himself in the lime light!! either a guest appearance in popular show! get a CF! he should continue with NH bank!! make himself available!! that's is why we are frustrated he stay in his own cave! and wait till yearend to find an offer!! by August!! he should have a plan and chose which project! he usually start filming in Autumn!! that's why Berou said give him till July/August!! then no news flip the tables!! :)  anway!! I have hope!! I hope he will anounce something in May in Japan fanmeeting!! I hope a big news! if not I flip my computer table! :)