Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

46 minutes ago, Berou said:

wooww How do you know all of this ? :o Who told you ? !

His new company CEO ? You mean CEO Jang ? I posted his interview some months ago and I don't remember him looking like that white strips t-shirt guy. He looks really young !!

YSH followed the guy on the far right recently, he is also into acting or directing or something else. 

I am happy to know that it was a company trip :D, they bonded together and did activities.  This is what was needed.  YSH looks for another family rather than a business-relationship. Friendship and family are really important to him, so if BS company treats him well he will consider BS company as his second family. 

But then I wonder if it was a company trip, why the  other actors weren't there too ? It looks more like a trip with YSH team with his friend KSK tagging along rather than a company trip. 

I've always eye sided fans stalking and if I happen to meet someday a famous person, I will quietly far away  "stalk" without him/ her noticing me . Famous people can't even put a foot outside without being harassed or stalked, so I think it is a bit rude to show up in front of them during their holidays, a private time that has nothing to do with their " public/ official activities", asking for signs or selfies or following them, ... There is a place and a time for selfies or signs, and vacations are surely not the time for those things.  And  one the guys with YSH gestured to tell the fans to calm down, so I thought obviously he was stalked and disturbed by fans. Moreover YSH quickly went in the car without looking at the fans who were calling his name, he looked like he was rushing. 

I feel bad for him a bit for this reason. I know he is a very sensitive person, I think it is the first time for him that he has encountered fans this much during his holidays. I just hope he didn't take it badly or felt being disturbed. 

Yes, he looks like he had fun and enjoyed the trip, so maybe he will renew the experience and visit other countries with his buddy KSK in the future (?). 

Haha his shyness is his charm and also his main personality characteristic, from the experience it is very hard to introvert people to let go of their shyness, their shyness follows them all their life :)

Hahaha.. I've been very nosy!! keep looking at his Ins friends photos!! first I make mistake!! but if you look carefully!! yes, that stripes guy is CEO Jang! he did look very young!! I actually compare the picture of CEO Jang you upload on page 208! you can tell the similar specially his lip! So! I said it was a company trip! maybe a welcome trip for YSH! or It may tell us YSH is BS company main focus! if this is true! Then our dreams will come true!! CEO Jang will make sure YSH get the right choice! right breakthrough character we all hoping for! Its the right thing to do and win win for both actor and the company!

Not every fans are mature and sensible like you ( or like me too B)) will leave they favourite famous person some private time they need! most young fans will scream if they see their idol infront of them! I guess YSH will understand! He always love his fans and appriciated them! he might feel sorry for thier holiday get disturb because of him! but if they are in the same business he will not be too bother! all of them will understand and maybe feeling glad for his popularity!

Hehehe I know! his personality will not change just like that!! an introvert people will always be introvert! I just wish he not trying too hard to push himself!! or some times a friend can change some one point of view! especially very close friend! maybe I am worries to much he will lost the most beautiful part of him! 

@Berou  Its always nice to talk to you!! you always make me clear about what I am confused of! thanks!

23 hours ago, Berou said:

@See Wong you're welcome ! it's also nice to talk to you. I was alone , posting only updates for a few months.  You see, many yoopies have come and gone, we chatted for a few months and then they left. So it feels good to have someone to talk to :)

I went back to naver and looked carefully at his pics. They resemble, it is a shame he has his glasses on. So we can never be 100 % sure. They have same hair colour, same haircut, their facial features look similar. 

The reason why I doubt a bit is because the stripes t-shirt guy is so young !! I thought he was around YSH's age !!  We need more pics of him !! lol. Yeah it looks more like a company trip, I am sure of that because YSH has followed one of the guys who is also in the entertainment industry. The only guys YSH hangs out with are his childhood friends and his car drifting friends. So going on a trip with people from the ent industry is a big deal.  I got nosy yesterday too and I tried to find out the rest of the group's IG without any success, just to make sure our theory is correct. Maybe I should work harder haha. 

That's the only thing that I wish, YSH getting big success and fame :)

I understand fans going crazy and screaming, they are just happy to see famous people but there is a difference between hyperventilating and following them around, asking for signs... I read in one of the IG posts that fans gave him gifts and didn't want to disturb him, so they quickly left.  It could be true because I saw YSH carrying a white little bag in the short clip. That was considerate of them. 

@Berou Yes,  I have notice many Yoopies come and go!

4 hours ago, Berou said:

Well this thread was created even before I registered a soompi accoount. It has been running since 2007. I thank every yoopie who came here. I don't expect the ones who were here 10 years ago to come back. Since I've been posting in YSH thread I saw some yoopies who stayed for some time before leaving. That's just disheartening. It just means YSH doesn't have a strong loyal fanbase.  Why ? Is it because he doesn't promote a lot ? I don't think so, there are many seniors actors who are low-profile and have a strong fanbase ( e.g Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Song Seung Heun etc...). These actors have never set their foot in a reality show, don't appear regularly in events and don't communicate with fans ( Hyun Bin and Gong Yoo don't have SNS accounts !). So reality shows and so on won't help YSH to secure a strong loyal fanbase. What he needs furthermost is good movies and dramas because those seniors became big because they starred in hit dramas, they are where they are thanks to dramas and movies. 

I don't quite follow you here .... are you disappointed because he is playful and not shy or because he doesn't communicate ( a.kA respond to fans )? Is it a bad thing that he is playful? YSH has this strong image of a very quiet guy who is introvert, he is in fact shy to an extent but I think  he becomes playful when he is close to people. He is not playful all the time, he is not a big jokster. Moreover he is now 25 y.o, so he can't act how he was in his teens. People change, grow up with time. It is a natural process. He won't be this shy, not confident, reserved guy all his life. I think with time if he becomes more confident and acquire some charisma, his shyness will slowly fade away but will still be there. Let's say his shyness will be less obvious. 

Yeah I noticed that too. He uses his insta like his personal insta, follows people he is close with, communicate with his friends. In my opinion that's a mistake. He shouldn't have followed his friends because fans are stalkers, I saw yoopies who are following his friends and liking posts of his friends...if he follows a person, all his fans can know who it is, if he unfollows someone, they know it. That's his biggest mistake. Sometime drama happens when a star unfollows some people, reporters write exclusive articles on that. YSH is not a big star, so he is not scrutinized like the  big stars but he will become aware of this maybe some day. The bigger you are, the harder the pressure is and every of your move is being watched. 

To be honest I can't hold any grudges against him communicating only with his friends because most stars update their insta without responding to fans. They use their insta to update fans about what they do. They have so many fans that they don't read all the comments...  Maybe he should communicate privately with his friends so that his fans won't feel ignored and watching a one-on-one conversation. 

Sorry @Berou If I make myself sound agressive about dislike his latest Vietnam travel!! As per my first comments here! I want him to be happier person! I am glad to see him enjoy so much and being a happy person!!! but as a public figure!! I wish he show these himself rather than from his friends! His Insta update still quite modest! but from KSK Insta is a bit difference! you can see his little 'wild' side! not that I am not agree with it!! he is 25! he should enjoy his life in full!! but I rather see this by himself!! guess I dont make senses! 

Yes, I am totally agree with what you said about how he handle his Instagram! a bit immature!! but then!! this is him! he showing his realself!! not brilliant but is him! a bit childish! 

About the reality show!! When I fisrt read yoopies or others comments about he did not appear in any reality show! I am kind of deffensive too!! I think this is his choice! so many others big name did not appear in any reality show too!! but slowly I change my mind! especially seeing him after Vietnam! I understand Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo etc did not appear in any reality show! but they are different level! different type of fanbase! their fans must have been more mature! more sensible! Yes, YSH need a good drama to make him into a real big stardom! but he already in this industrial for a long time! he already has quite a few 'big/good' dramas like QS/IMY/Remember or even Ruler! if that not push him into a real star! that must be a reason! Park Bo Gum became a real big name! just one drama Love in the moonlight! ratings at 18 average!! not a massive hit in Korea!! no drama after that till end of 2018! still continue enjoy his super star status!! he only has a small part in Blind and YSH play a major role! what's make the different!? so I think of reality show! young actor need to be more interative with the audience!! dont get too isolated! some may think you are too hard to get!! 

I hope I make senses!! :) 

9 hours ago, Berou said:

@See Wong Ah don't apologize.  I have been disappointed by him too, so I try to understand your disappointment.  Are you saying you want him to show his real self by himself rather than discovering it from his friends ? Then you 're disappointed he tries to be modest on insta ? 

We have already talked about his childlish side, it is exposed on insta. It looks like to me a newbie mistake, other stars are more careful when it comes to following friends, especially non-celebs friends. YSH follows a lot of non celebs without thinking about the impact of his actions. In result those friends get stalked by yoopies, they get attention they haven't asked for. 

I want him to be more active too. But it all depends on him, if he doesn't want to it won't happen. PBG did appear in variety shows but only after he became a huge star. He did Hyori variety show, and appeared in some eps of other variety shows because of his success from MDBC. So the variety shows didn't make him popular. And the reason why he was able to stay relevant from 2016 to 2018 without any drama was not because of variety shows, it was because of star power. He did many CFs after MDBC ( he was no 1 for months), I  believe around 25. CFs play a big part on the star power. They boost your status,  the more you have the higher your status is. And FYI MDBC was a massive hit in Korea, it reached above 17 % for a Mon-Tues drama. At first they didn't believe it would be successful because there was a big competitor ( Scarlet Heart) , then the ratings progressed each week with records being broken. At that time, only the timeslot Wednesday-Thursday produced successful dramas, Mon-Tues dramas weren't very successful. So for a drama like MDBC to achieve 18 % ratings with a Mon-Tues timeslot was exceptional. 

The reason is luck, he is always unlucky and his dramas always have a problem. With Ruler he was very close to be a huge actor but a messy plot and the bad quality  prevented that. I really believe he was not properly managed and his former agency didn't really give him good advices. But I do agree with you, times have a bit changed, now stars especially the young actors need to stay in touch with fans. It's a different generation of fans. If YSH gets a decent sucess with his nex project, he needs to multiply appearances at events and tries to stay a bit more on the spotlight. He can't go back to his cave and give no updates for months, letting his hype dies down and then come back with a project. 

If you analyze each of his dramas you will notice their flaws and understand that all of them had issues

You've cited IMY/QS/remember and ruler. 

in QS he wasn't the hero or the main lead, more like a side character if I remember well, so that doesn't really count. 

He became popular with IMY thanks to his phenomenal perfomance despite a very badly written drama but had to enlist soon after, so his hype died down. When he came back from army, Kim Soo Hyun,  Lee Jong Suk and some other actors became popular. When he was gone, some actors became hallyu stars. So the fans had their eyes turned to them rather on YSH. And he failed to meet the exceptations with his post-army bad dramas... Since his discharge, it's been a series of bad choices. 

Remember is decently written, the plot is not orginal however, the issue is the frustration and the repetitive scenes. The viwers get frustrated more and more as the hero gets beaten by the villain all throughout the drama until the end. Moreover, YSH got the spotlight stolen and overshadowed by the amazing perfomance of Nam Goong Min

I already told you the issues with ruler , so I won't reiterate. 

So how can you expect him to become a huge star and gain star power with such dramas ? It doesn't make sense, right ? Every time he encountered an issue. 

@Berou Oh yes, I need to apologize! I shouldn't judge thing base on my own point of view! I should see things in every angle! he just been very simple! just want to have some fun! I shouldn't make it complicated! maybe I just dont want to see him wreak his perfect image! but I might has been worries too much!! he might be quite simple didn't think too much of what he post will effect what people think of him!!

Yes, I think he is lack of luck too.. but still I think mostly is his personality! if he really want to be on the top! he have to fight for it! try harder to get it! push himself to get there! but he rather stay in his cave! he just not doing enough! maybe he dont want to get there!! maybe he dont have enough self believe! in my eyes he has everything to be a real super star! but he just dont go there.. that is frustrated! you have all ad everthings to be on the top but for some reason just didn't get there! maybe not get there yet!! wish one day he will get there!! 

I just wish BS company will do that for him!! YSH did not know how to sell/promote himself!! BS should have to do that for him! as long as he dont hide in his cave! as long as he willing to come out to let people see him! he will be a real star! shine bright! :) 

2 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

YSH back enjoying his drifting...

Healing he said!!! did he has so many pain!!! worry about him!! please drive carefully!! love your life Mr Yoo!

On 3/30/2019 at 7:13 PM, See Wong said:

Dear @rahma92 That interview with him was long time ago! before his military services! I read it somewhere!! he may have change his heart! look at recently he went to Da Nang with his friends he seems like he has change a bit!! he used to said he love travel by himself only!! he might have change! or he try to... ? 

Yes please, I hope he change his mind. I dont know anything about YSH, really, its kinda hard to follow him. He never in reality show before, and then its hard to found his interview in english. I just read some testimonal about him so I know that he's really a good kid, and think that he is cheerful's guy. I just hope the reason why he become an actor, its because he want it and enjoyed his life as an actor.  

1 hour ago, rahma92 said:

Yes please, I hope he change his mind. I dont know anything about YSH, really, its kinda hard to follow him. He never in reality show before, and then its hard to found his interview in english. I just read some testimonal about him so I know that he's really a good kid, and think that he is cheerful's guy. I just hope the reason why he become an actor, its because he want it and enjoyed his life as an actor.  

When he was young, I think he was sort of force into acting. I remember watching (or was it reading his translated interview) where that clearly come across and he didnt want to continue after. I think it was because he didn;'t like the "lifestyle" associated with the entertainment world.

And then he did mention after he came out from MS that he wants to act.he realise he enjoys acting.

YSH has given me the impression that he is not someone who is a slave to fame nor money. He is a simple guy. Hence, even under the new agency, I dont think he would be taking up too many project. My hope is that he gets help in selecting good projects.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

When he was young, I think he was sort of force into acting. I remember watching (or was it reading his translated interview) where that clearly come across and he didnt want to continue after. I think it was because he didn;'t like the "lifestyle" associated with the entertainment world.

And then he did mention after he came out from MS that he wants to act.he realise he enjoys acting.

YSH has given me the impression that he is not someone who is a slave to fame nor money. He is a simple guy. Hence, even under the new agency, I dont think he would be taking up too many project. My hope is that he gets help in selecting good projects.

I'm happy to heard that. he need to love his life first.

It will be hard for his fans to support him, if he, himself, didnt love his career as an actor.

And agree, he need good projects.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Berou said:

@rahma92 these are pics of him in Vietnam actually. He is already  back in Korea, I read he stayed in Vietnam for 3 nights and 4 days ?!  Fans gave him gifts before he left. 

Yes I know,

So he's on vacation? Not for work? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berou said:

@rahma92 quoting See Wong

Do you think the stripes shirt guy and this guy in black clothes are the same person ? :)

What do you think ? 

I think yes, wow he looks so young. Now I understand why YSH choose BS company, looks like they're pretty close. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

I think yes, wow he looks so young. Now I understand why YSH choose BS company, looks like they're pretty close. 

Hey!! So did I think they are same person!!! How did he keep so young!! umm... need to ask him! :) hahaha

Yes!! YSH always choose thing from his heart not from his brain!! ??? is that a good thing? Ha :) 

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Ahhh wow he's going vacation with his company CEO :D

Yes, Dont know how others actor think about that!! Seo In guk may ask!! what not inlcuded me!! :) 

another explaination is BS will focus on YSH! and the truth is YSH is the youngest and has most star quality actor they have ( apart from KTH, she almost semi retired with 2nd baby ).

10 hours ago, Berou said:

@rahma92 these are pics of him in Vietnam actually. He is already  back in Korea, I read he stayed in Vietnam for 3 nights and 4 days ?!  Fans gave him gifts before he left. 

[HanCinema's News] DC Inside Poll Names Yoo Seung-ho as Best Child Actor

The community portal website DCInside and the t

10 hours ago, Berou said:

[HanCinema's News] DC Inside Poll Names Yoo Seung-ho as Best Child Actor

The community portal website DCInside and the trend search company MyCeleb ran a poll from March 17th to March 23rd asking who was the biggest child actor. Yoo Seung-ho won the poll with 32.3 percent of the overall vote

Because he's grown-up now, it's easy to forget that Yoo Seung-ho got his start as a child actor. In general he played the younger versions of protagonists in the flashback portions of TV dramas. However, he did have a memorable turn as the lead role in "The Way Home" back in 2002.

Kim Yoo-jung was second with 22.3% of the total vote. Yeo Jin-goo had 17.2% His co-star from "The Crowned Clown", Lee Se-young, had 11%.

Written by William Schwartz

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-dc-inside-poll-names-yoo-seung-ho-as-best-child-actor-128210.html

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-dc-inside-poll-names-yoo-seung-ho-as-best-child-actor-128210.html

I actually rather he won something like most handsome, most popular, best actor or best boy friend material type of vote!! that's mean he got star attraction!! never the less!! still a good win! :) 

10 hours ago, rahma92 said:

I think he's back to korea already

Yes, he did!! the latest update from his Insta.. he already back to his car Drifting!!!!

10 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Umm.. because he dont like interview!! he dont do interview if his project not doing so well!! etc... before his Military Service he wasn't enjoy to being an actor!! that's why he straight into the MS after IMY was a successful drama! if he stay a bit longer he may gain his stardom! but no.. he think he want to escape from the actor life style that he been force into! Then while he was in his MS he begining to realised he actually love acting!! he said in an interview apart from acting he is not good at others thing! so he want to be a actor!! but then in Remember he again think he may not be a very good actor because he think he did not act well! maybe NKM is far too good! I actually agree he is good acting as the 'son' not so brilliant as the 'lawyer'! so... that's about all I can understand!

3 hours ago, Berou said:

I had the slight impression you were disappointed to see him being playful, it was like expectations vs reality. Kind of like a reality check. Throughout his childhood and teens he was very upright, careful and strict. He was very aware of his surroundings and behaved exactly like what was expected of him. Thus he had this perfect polished image but now he just wants to show his true self. He lets his guard down, he is tired of trying to be perfect. He wants to be himself. Don't worry, he has earned from koreans 20 years of shield for the rejection of the universities special admissions and his very early enlistment. Therefore he is very loved in Korea. Being playful and having fun with his friends overseas won't cause any scandal and won't crack his image. 

Yeah I am frustrated too but as long as he is happy, I will support his choices. He probably voluntary doesn't push harder or work on a regular basis, if that's what makes him happy I give him my support. I'd rather see him happy and lively than all depressed due to overwork. He always does a drama per year at least, some other actors take much more time. So he is faithful to his fans and greets them with a drama per year. I want him to venture into movies too, it's been a while he has filmed a movie. It is going to be perfect if  he  does a drama and a movie every year.

Hahahhahaha Dont you make me sound like a parent get disappointed with their children misbehave!! hahahaha ummm... do I!??? 

I actually don't mind him been playful and enjoy himself!! I do mind he don't give 100% of himself to his potential! he has all to be BIG! 

Yes, he actually not too bad does a drama per year! its a good thing! don't forget he now has 2 not so 'good' and not doing very well 'ratings' dramas! two not very successful films ( 1 flop actually ), he need to be careful if he want good offer!! if he carry on with so so drama so so films!! he will not be seeing as an successful young movie star!! even he loved by the Korean! people will see him as a once very success Child actor! 

so.. I am very seriously to ask YSH stop playing and go back to WORKS! haha :) 

9 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

I agree with he is not into fame and money! but I can see he has the desire of being recognized as an actor! he is disappointed at his drama 'ratings'! he want to be seeing as an actor rather than an idol!

11 hours ago, See Wong said:

I actually rather he won something like most handsome, most popular, best actor or best boy friend material type of vote!! that's mean he got star attraction!! never the less!! still a good win! :) 

If we look at competitor, YJG last drama doing really well this year and KYJ have big popularity since MDBC so YSH can Top the chart, its really a good thing :D