Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Se Young, And More Attend Script Reading For tvN Mystery Drama “Memorist”

Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Se Young, And More Attend Script Reading For tvN Mystery Drama “Memorist”

Jan 9, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Memorist” has shared photos from its very first table read!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Memorist” is a mystery thriller that follows Dong Baek, a detective with supernatural powers (played by Yoo Seung Ho), and Han Sun Mi, a genius profiler (played by Lee Se Young), as they join forces to hunt down a mysterious serial killer.

Unlike many fictional heroes who hide their identities, Dong Baek—who has the ability to scan memories—freely makes his powers known to the world as he bravely fights crime and evil.

Notably, “Memorist” will mark the reunion of Yoo Seung Ho and Lee Se Young, who previously worked together on the 2012 drama “I Miss You.”

On January 9, tvN released photos of stars Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Se Young, Jo Sung Ha, Go Chang Suk, Jun Hyosung, Yoon Ji On, and more attending the drama’s first script reading.

The producers of “Memorist” remarked, “You can safely look forward to the skillful acting and chemistry displayed by the cast, who are making the unique characters of the tightly-written original webtoon even more exciting as they bring them to life.”

“Memorist” is currently scheduled to premiere this March.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1375962wpp/yoo-seung-ho-lee-se-young-and-more-attend-script-reading-for-tvn-mystery-drama-memorist

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 2:36 AM, WoozyPrincess said:

Jan 9, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Memorist” has shared photos from its very first table read!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Memorist” is a mystery thriller that follows Dong Baek, a detective with supernatural powers (played by Yoo Seung Ho), and Han Sun Mi, a genius profiler (played by Lee Se Young), as they join forces to hunt down a mysterious serial killer.

Unlike many fictional heroes who hide their identities, Dong Baek—who has the ability to scan memories—freely makes his powers known to the world as he bravely fights crime and evil.

Notably, “Memorist” will mark the reunion of Yoo Seung Ho and Lee Se Young, who previously worked together on the 2012 drama “I Miss You.”

On January 9, tvN released photos of stars Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Se Young, Jo Sung Ha, Go Chang Suk, Jun Hyosung, Yoon Ji On, and more attending the drama’s first script reading.

The producers of “Memorist” remarked, “You can safely look forward to the skillful acting and chemistry displayed by the cast, who are making the unique characters of the tightly-written original webtoon even more exciting as they bring them to life.”

“Memorist” is currently scheduled to premiere this March.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1375962wpp/yoo-seung-ho-lee-se-young-and-more-attend-script-reading-for-tvn-mystery-drama-memorist

Oh! I am so worry that I might get dissapointment but now... I am over the moon! 11th March! yay....

On 1/9/2020 at 1:43 AM, Berou said:

Hello guys,  happy new year :blush:

I've been quiet these past weeks but I  always check his drama news I can't for his drama to air.  Fingers crossed it will surprise us !!

@WoozyPrincess I was about to post the script reading pics but you were faster. Lol. 

I hope this year will be his year. He was nominated for the SBS drama awards but got snubbed by SBS. Not a surprise,  I was expecting it since his drama aired long ago and gathered a lukewarm reaction. Besides the competition was too strong. His pics at the gym are very interesting,  it is going to be a lot of a action scenes. 

The official announcement from our cutie pie

Happy new year with a happy news! yes, all of us knew he won't get anything from MSH! I am more than happy he got nominated to be honest! but I am truly looking forward to his new drama. its what we all hoping for! I am so scare of dissapoinment it was another rumour.. but now I am so happy! :) 

On 1/9/2020 at 5:16 AM, rahma92 said:

We need drama's thread for memorist! :D

Happy new year @Berou 

A great PD, a great writer, I have a good feeling about this drama!

Let's hope this drama get high attention! get over 20% rating.... wow! if that happen I will be over the moon! :)

2 hours ago, rahma92 said:

Memorist is TVN drama, 20% will be amazing! :w00t:

Yes, 20% rating on TVN! it will be amazing and records breaking for a TVN/JTBC drama! hahha Its might be imposible but we can dream! :P:D

p/s I just finish watching Reply1988! It was a fantastic drama! I love it! so good! it got 19.6% rating at it best.. so Memorist may hit it!! just wish it was as good! 

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, Berou said:

Do you know which dramas air in March ? 

Not sure about drama airs in march but there's some in feb

Spoiler

There's KTH's drama, Hyena (Kim hyesoo), Park minyoung's drama, and I think Joowon's drama too

Hope the best for YSH!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Berou said:

@See Wong Indeed,  I was surprised that he even got a nomination for MSH. Those awards are more like a popularity contest, and MSH wasn't exactly a popular drama. 

Haha 20 % :lol:, it's very hard to achieve those ratings. 8% is considered good ratings, and 10 % success.  

I hope his drama doesn't air during other big competitors dramas, like it was the case for MSH. Do you know which dramas air in March ? 

Haha.. yes over 10% will be wonderful! Sky castle way over 20%!! just hope! but to be honest.. Did you watch PJY He Is Psychometric! I just worry will Memorist a little bit similar with it! 

OH!! a few big drama is on the same time! biggest one is Psycho but its ok with Kim Soo Hyun!!! The most beautiful moment in life! Half of half with JHI! 

March 25 – Welcome/어서와 [source]

March – Rugal/루갈 [source]

March – Nobody Knows/아무도 모른다 [source]

March – Memorist/메모리스트 [source]

March – Vacation in My Own Way/제멋대로 바캉스 [source]

March – 365: A Year Against Destiny/365:운명을 거스르는 1년 [source]

March – Half of Half/One Fourth/반의 반 [source]

March – The King: The Eternal Monarch/더킹: 영원의 군주 [source]

March – Na Rae, Kicking Out/나래, 박차오르다 [source]

March – Kingdom Season 2/킹덤2 [source]

March – The Way He Remembers/그남자의 기억법 [source]

March – I’ve Been There Once/I’ve Returned After One Marriage/한 번 다녀왔습니다 [source]

umm.... hopefully Memorist will stand out amoung all of this! :) :sweatingbullets:

Hmm...not all those dramas are in direct competition.  Memorist is a Wed/Thu night drama?  The blockbuster LMH Eternal Monarch is screening in July (with Stranger2 as the main competition).  According the the KDrama thread here, Wed/Thu nights look like this.

KBS

Name: Forest (formerly Secret)

Broadcast Date/Time: January 29th, 2020 to TBA - 22:00 KST

Starring: Park Hae Jin, Jo Bo Ah

Name: Welcome

Broadcast Date/Time: March 2020 - 22:40 KST

Starring: Kim Myung Soo, Shin Ye Eun

SBS (I think they have a hiatus for Wed/Thu dramas...last one was Secret Boutique...they have plans to kickstart it again in April)

Name: Good Casting

Broadcast Date/Time: April 2020

Starring: Choi Kang Hee, Yoo In Young, Lee Sang Yeob

MBC

Name: The Game: Towards Zero

Broadcast Date/Time: January 22nd to March 12th, 2020 - 20:55 KST

Starring: Ok Taecyeon, Lee Yun Hee, Im Joo Hwan

Name: The Way He Remembers

Broadcast Date/Time: March 18th, 2020 to TBA - 20:55 KST

Starring: Moon Ga Young, Kim Dong Wook

JTBC (nothing on Wed/Thu)

OCN
Name: Rugal

Broadcast Date/Time: March 2020

Starring: Choi Jin Hyuk

47 minutes ago, Berou said:

@nrllee we are looking at the bigger picture, not only Wed-Thurs dramas but also dramas airing during other timeslots in March. It can be a useless thing to bother with as fans want their bias dramas to be No.1 during its timeslot but it is important to take into consideration other dramas if you look at the list of top actors making buzz. For instance, last year, between Dec-Jan the list was dominated by actors from Boyfriend,Sky Castle, memories of Alhambra  & Empress dignity dramas. The competition was too strong & koreans kind of slept on MSH.  

Fair point. 

6 hours ago, Berou said:

@rahma92  I forgot the King lol

I searched for the news, the king airing date has been postponed to the middle of the year and KSH hasn't confirmed for psycho yet.  Anyway,  this year is less competitive than last year for YSH. The popular actors will return later in the year

It's frustrating we need to wait until March.  I  want teasers now lol ! 

Thanks... I am actually do not care much about the psycho or the King! i guess KSH will get more attention! maybe.. and I am really dissapointed with JCW come back drama Melting me softly.. can't even watch it... umm! 14 days pass for 2020 already!! very soon you will see more of YSH.. in late Feb I hope.. and hopefully some Magazine shoot as well!! yes.. I have watch some trailers of other drama! is that 'Welcome' drama with Kim Myung Soo is the one rumour YSH will consider taking part!! something with the cat!!?

3 hours ago, Berou said:

@nrllee we are looking at the bigger picture, not only Wed-Thurs dramas but also dramas airing during other timeslots in March. It can be a useless thing to bother with as fans want their bias dramas to be No.1 during its timeslot but it is important to take into consideration other dramas if you look at the list of top actors making buzz. For instance, last year, between Dec-Jan the list was dominated by actors from Boyfriend,Sky Castle, memories of Alhambra  & Empress dignity dramas. The competition was too strong & koreans kind of slept on MSH.  

I have watch BF, SC and ED but gave up half way... MoA is good but not too capture my heart! I actually love Beautiful World!! but it didn't get many good reception as well!! to be fair.. MSH wasn't a very good drama!! if YSH not in I properbly not going to watch it at all!! :unsure:

the few drama stand out for me last year is The Clown Crown, Hotel Del Luna both with YJG! quite like Spring night! really like HJM! 

18 hours ago, Berou said:

@rahma92  I forgot the King lol

I searched for the news, the king airing date has been postponed to the middle of the year and KSH hasn't confirmed for psycho yet.  Anyway,  this year is less competitive than last year for YSH. The popular actors will return later in the year

It's frustrating we need to wait until March.  I  want teasers now lol ! 

Yes there's a big competition in the mid of 2020. :sweatingbullets:

Actually for me get 6-10% will be good! it will be awesome if it can beat signal rating.

Lol I'm sure we will get the teaser at least in the early of feb!