Koizora [jmovie 2007]

Guest milkki

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was ready with a tissue and all but I didn't cry once nor got teary-eyed.

Aragaki Yui's acting needs to be polsihed, just a tiny bit more.

She's almost there but it still needs a bit more work..or maybe a lot.

The type of acting she gave is just Papa to Musume quality and not for a tear-jerker.

However, I thought Miura Haruma was great as always, or maybe because I watched binbo danshi last night so his acting there(which is amazing beyond belief) had an effect on me while watching koizora.

The movie was typical boy-meets-girl, nothing special but I loved it.

I'm not a movie critic and I don't go around watching movies and making detailed reviews of them afterwards.

Although I do have my standards; amazing-looking people with tolerable acting then I'm definitely up for it.

But in the end, I watch for enjoyment and nothing more.

It was sweet, sad and exciting at the same time. I love it and I can watch it over and over again.

(spoilers included)

I liked it. the story was cute and very typical, but i thought that the Dec 24th thing was very cute.

The movie moved on rather quickly.. I mean, the two characters are already at it on like their first date.. something like that

Anyways, i liked it because Haruma is amazingly HOT.. and the other guy was a sweetheart (the guy she later goes out with)

Not really a tear jerker since the movie was already spoiled for me, but yeah.. good movie.

Guest nadz42

watched this day.

i guess i was a tad disappointed , its got a typical storyline and i hoped they coulda done something with it.

The movie moved on rather quickly.. I mean, the two characters are already at it on like their first date.. something like that

yeah i know. i was like that the heck? they're already getting it on? hormones i guess.

nyways, i liked it because Haruma is amazingly HOT.. and the other guy was a sweetheart (the guy she later goes out with)

Not really a tear jerker since the movie was already spoiled for me, but yeah.. good movie.

exactingly what i thought.

Haruma is darn HOTT , esp with the silver hair.

overall a good film worth a watch , i guess it had everything , the whole good girl falls for a bad boy , crazy psycho ex girlfriend ,teenage pregnancy, an incurable illness and i must say the film was beautifully shot.

i just finished. a bit cheesy, but nonetheless was a tear jerker for me. :bawl:

i love it and i made it quite evident in my sig :o

so i heard rumors of it being remade into a drama ? man.. who could they possibly find to replace miura ? oh wait, hes irreplaceable :) no one will do it for me.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

so i heard rumors of it being remade into a drama ? man.. who could they possibly find to replace miura ? oh wait, hes irreplaceable :) no one will do it for me.

it should've been a drama in the first place =__=

considering the speed the movie went.

and they're not going to use miura?

i sense bad ratings already.

it should've been a drama in the first place =__=

considering the speed the movie went.

and they're not going to use miura?

i sense bad ratings already.

yeah the speed was way too fast.. i was like.. 'the heck' at some moments/scenes.

no i don't think they're gonna use miura.. i read that in here somewhere i think ? my memory is vague but i'm pretty sure i read that.. hes like.. teh trump card!

Guest mizgen17

WER CAN I BUY THE NOVEL????? IN ENGLISH TRANS. OR...japanese is gd T___T, just got to learn it more lol...

i just finished watchin it 2day on mysoju.com :tears: it's rlly beautiful i must say =(....

Guest lakuru

WER CAN I BUY THE NOVEL????? IN ENGLISH TRANS. OR...japanese is gd T___T, just got to learn it more lol...

i just finished watchin it 2day on mysoju.com :tears: it's rlly beautiful i must say =(....

If am not mistaken this is cellphone service novel. So I don't think there is any book version for this. I haven't watched this but I will find time to watch it.

Also, I think the drama is confirmed though the castng is still ongoing.

Just finished watching the movie, and I might get bashed for this but I really wanted

Mika to end up with Yu (Koide Keisuke).

Getting back to the movie, I felt really detached while watching it. I felt the exact same way while watching Virgin Snow: the movie is supposed to be heart-warming and bittersweet but it does absolutely nothing to me (or my emotions). It's like the scriptwriter just closely followed the novel -which is always a good thing - but without placing good transitions between each major obstacle. For instance, creating more chemistry between the two main characters, or at least more scenes to explain to me how Mika can

sleep with Hiro so quickly and still FORGIVE HIM when he says another girl's name in his sleep.

Although aesthetically, I thought Yui and Haruma looked really good together though. Anyway, it just felt like I was watching one plotline after another. Sorry for going into such a rant but I honestly felt that the way the movie was structured greatly affected how the movie came out for me. And in terms of acting, I'm going to have to say that the best actor between the two main leads is Yui Aragaki. Technically, my favorite is Koide Keisuke but I think he has more acting experience however. She carried the story well (a little bland at times though) and was really pretty. Haruma Miura, I think, was good in those quiet scenes but in the ones where he has to act tough, it was pretty laughable for me. And in terms of looks, what made him eye-catching to me was his blond hair... so... blond. And stylish. Er, he had a nice smile too. :D But again, the way the script limits the two into such cliche characters and situations probably didn't help them much.

Plus, I don't think it help that before Koizora, I was watching Heavenly Forest again. Overall, I guess I would give the movie a 3/5. Hopefully the drama will fare better with trying to explain to me the deep relationship between Mika and Hiro.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

With all the hype the movie has been getting with you guys and other people, I was rather disappointed.

Well, I cried watching Finding Nemo and Bambi... so I'm not much of a valid source to go by :sweatingbullets:

Plus, honestly, if the girl wasn't so damn cute or the guy wasn't so damn hot, I think the movie would be a bit... ridiculous, confusing, and not a movie to touch my emotions.

Yeah, I think we hyped up the movie WAY too much and gave it too much credit.

It was just that the cast was aesthetically pleasing so... sorry, I guess I'm pretty superficial lol

I really wanted

Mika to end up with Yu (Koide Keisuke).

...to explain to me how Mika can

sleep with Hiro so quickly and still FORGIVE HIM when he says another girl's name in his sleep.

Hopefully the drama will fare better with trying to explain to me the deep relationship between Mika and Hiro.

Well, I think we have to respect the fact that they have a limited amount of time to highlight the main plot instead of answering all the fast, ongoing events that occurred throughout the movie.

Like I said earlier, I REALLY think that they should've aired this as a drama with the same cast, but in a length of the drama.

They basically covered 7 years (I think the movie started "7 years ago in Freshman year") in 2 hrs. I still think it was enjoyable, but then again, I think its because I was drooling over Miura Haruma half the time that I wasn't consciously thinking about the story.

The explanation of Hiro saying "Saki" was pretty much like WHAT THE HECK and for Mika to be so darn easy going, I was pretty confused. I couldn't really see what Mika and Hiro saw in each other since they didn't show much couple development.

Man, I'm looking forward to the drama but at the same time, I'm dreading it because... Miura isn't playing Hiro.

Guest dionne_wu

The explanation of Hiro saying "Saki" was pretty much like WHAT THE HECK and for Mika to be so darn easy going, I was pretty confused. I couldn't really see what Mika and Hiro saw in each other since they didn't show much couple development.

I think Mika was so forgiving because she was already head over heels. She had never fallen in love before Hiro came along but she never lacked suitors. It means they didn't possess that certain something to attract her. But Hiro did. I'm assuming when she falls in love, she really falls. It's not like she's cheap or anything for jumping the gun; but when love really strikes, it can be pretty blind, no? Mika was still immature and not in the frame of mind to contemplate much. Not the kind of person she's in love with, not the consequences of doing what she did. Even when hurt by his outburst after they had already reached such intimate levels, all she did was to ask if she could trust him and she did. It probably didn't matter that Hiro had someone or anything, I'd think she would actually still be with him. In the novel (not explained in the movie), Mika, from the moment she first knew Hiro (through the phone), had already fallen for him.

Well, I think we have to respect the fact that they have a limited amount of time to highlight the main plot instead of answering all the fast, ongoing events that occurred throughout the movie.

That's why I was a little more lenient about the movie, knowing that the story had so many different plot points to cover in under a limited time. I wonder why no one considered making a drama before a movie, considering this particular factor about it.

As for the "Saki" comment, I guess I'll take dionne_wu's explanation since it sounds a bit understandable. I'm still a little iffy - like it still angers me when I think about Mika's immediate forgiveness about the whole situation - but then again, I'm not much of a romantic :D

I actually wouldn't mind if they don't cast Haruma Miura in the drama, just because 1) we don't even know who exactly is replacing him and 2) aside from his looks, Haruma didn't do much for me in the movie (although I have heard that his acting is much better in his other works).

I just found somthing really interesting....and cute?

I was checking Aragaki Yui's wiki page to see when Gal Circle was made,

her new drama Code Blue was already on the list and her name

would be "Shiraishi' Megumi.

That's Miura Haruma's name in Binbo Danshi.

I think it's a very cute coincidence how they both share something in common other than being in a movie together.

Hiro and Mika...Shiraishi....

Guest anna12125

I'm really hoping that someone can translate the actual Koizora novels =___= i found it on the web in japanese and chinese but i can't read either ><

damn, knew i should've attended Chinese school T__T

Guest xxxNanaxxx

I'm really hoping that someone can translate the actual Koizora novels =___= i found it on the web in japanese and chinese but i can't read either ><

damn, knew i should've attended Chinese school T__T

I really want to read the novel too ever since i knew that the movie is based on true story. Too bad there's only chinese translation, hopefully some1 will tranlate it in English :unsure:

The movie is ok, pretty predictable but it still made me cry so much <_<

Archived